Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
76 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
255 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #261
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,236 | Props total: 625 625
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
 04-29-2008, 09:46 PM         #262
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lex Lossis said:
nah, I meant how Vince hurt his hamstring this season and walked to the sideline, remember?
Yeah I do remember that game...I was trying to make a joke and I guess itjust didn't get off the ground. *knocks on wood for Joey's endless youth*

Christos© said:
Colts Vs Bucs in the SB
The DREAM ticket :wow:

That's the one I've been dying to see.

The house that Dungy built *praises*
 10 years ago '07        #263
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
Freepost....does any think d-wade will return to form next year??
 04-29-2008, 09:55 PM         #264
JCWhy83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lex Lossis said:
"I think that in order for the Bucs to make a huge playoff run, they need to draft a top notch cornerback...oh wait, they did. The Bucs defense will lead the league once again." - Stephen A. Smith
:applause:
@ quoting stephen a. smith about anything let alone the nfl
 10 years ago '08        #265
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,645 | Props total: 2151 2151
J.Jonhson...The next Garcia.......
 10 years ago '05        #266
booker20  OP
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
Josh Johnson grew up in Oakland watching Jon Gruden coach the Raiders. Across the bay, he eyed Jeff Garcia quarterbacking the San Francisco 49ers.

He admired them both from a distance.

But Johnson, the University of San Diego quarterback, will get a closer look after being selected in the fifth round of the draft by the Bucs.

The 6-foot-3, 213-pound Johnson seemed destined for the Bucs when the evaluation process began for the draft.

Bucs senior personnel a.ssistant Doug Williams visited Johnson for several days in San Diego after the season.

"He came out here and just hung out with me," Johnson said of Williams. "We didn't watch any film or work out, we just went out to eat and he wanted to see what kind of kid I was. He gave me a lot of ideas about what to expect on and off the field. I listened to everything he said and we've been in tough ever since.

"First and foremost, I'm a football fan and I know all the things he has done and what he accomplished. It was a real honor for someone like him to have an interest in me."

The interest in Johnson, who was a 149-pound freshman when he arrived at the Division I-AA program coached three years by longtime NFL quarterback Jim Harbaugh, grew quickly after he was named the MVP of January's Shrine game in Houston.

In February, Johnson wowed pro scouts at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis by running the 40-yard dash in 4.53, the fastest of any quarterback. But his throws were erratic, the result of back spasms. He atoned for the poor workout with a solid pro day a week later and earned a meeting with new Bucs quarterbacks coach Greg Olson.

On the grease board, Johnson was exceptional, capably recognizing coverage and repeating the long terminology for pass protections.

"I'm ecstatic. It's a perfect fit for me," Johnson said.

"I've never met the man but I've sort of been tied to coach Gruden. My coach, Jim Harbaugh, put in the offense he got from coach Gruden. It just seemed like everything was leading up to this and I was made to play for him."

At San Diego, he was off the charts, throwing for 9,699 yards and 113 touchdowns with only 15 interceptions, including one pick in 301 attempts as a senior. The lone INT deflected off the chest of a tight end.

"I've been trained my whole life to protect the football and be accurate," Johnson said. "Hit a spot. Don't aim it, just throw it. You might say it's weird, but when I see my receivers, there's an imaginary rope that I see and that's where I'm going to throw the ball. It's a feel thing. I can't describe it. I have one spot and I know I'm going to hit it."

Johnson is a player that will need some time to develop as he scales the depth chart. The climb probably won't be as far by training camp as the Bucs will likely have to part with veteran Chris Simms. McCown is in the final year of his contract and Gradkowski is 3-11 as a starter.

Gruden expects there to be an adjustment period for Johnson.

"It'll be a faster pace," Gruden said. "He'll be hit harder than he's ever been hit and I think he'll be challenged more than he's ever been challenged."
 05-02-2008, 09:24 PM         #267
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm tellin you, Bucs in 2008-2009
 10 years ago '05        #268
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,053 | Props total: 6952 6952
Friday Rookie Camp....great post by somebody on the Bucs board

Josh is impressing people early on. When he drops back, he holds the ball high...I think this helps his fast release. The chemistry between he and WR Wes Doyle was readily apparent. They have a familiarity with one another that pays off.

Johnson is striving to create that same chemistry with Dexter Jackson, who he says is fast and has "great hands."

Keller was greatly outshined by Josh Johnson...who connected well on short and intermediate range throws. Josh's long ball needs work...but you can't tell him that. "People think I can't throw long passes...I can't wait to prove them wrong. Between now and training camp I'll be working hard to impress...that's all I have to say about that."

Both quartbacks looked bad while running slants...but this was neithers fault as their throws were dead on much of the time. The Wide Recievers kept dropping the passes. Most likely, nerves played a big role...but Jon Gruden wasted no time and started screaming at them.

To quote the man, "We've got to keep the ball off the ground!" He addressed the WRs and the QBs when he said this, but it was obvious he was ticked at the WRs...I got the sense that he wasn't really too upset...as he turned away at times after yelling he would smirk when players were not looking. He's loving this.

Also of interest was Zuttah. It was pretty obvious they's be using him at center for this rookie camp, but staff mentioned they are going to focus on cross training him at guard and center. In college he played mostly at right tackle, so this is an interesting development...that the position of tackle will not be included in his training.

Zuttah is a beast, people. He has excellent feet...and I'm thinking where the oline if concerned he will really garner attention this year in Training Camp. He literally ran through the grounded pads...almost effortlessly. Watch this guy as he develops.

Dexter Jackson was scary. Not scary good, but scary bad. Let's hope it was first day jitters, because he did not show the speed he's known for...and many, many of his catches bounced off his hands. He caught most with a double effort at least. They did not go up against defenders while I was watching, so maybe he will perform better under pressure.

I had a fear stir inside me...I hope he doesn't drop kicked balls or jumble them...it would spell disaster for the Bucs...and Chuck might actually take a blade to him. It's only the first day though, so lets wait and see more before judging. He did not handle the heat well at all. He became winded quickly.

He needs to work on that, because come TC it will be a lot hotter. As it was, he was removing his helmet between turns to cool off. This will not help his standing among the other players either. I expect them to be ribbing him a little over it.

Here's some news about Talib, our first pick:
He is sporting Brian Kelly's number, which I found ironic. Whether he requested it or not I don't know...but I can imaging Gruden wanting him to wear it to help him understand the shoes he's intended to fill. No pressure, right?

But only one player on the field was taller than Talib...some safty that I think is a tryout.

Defensive Backs coach Raheem Morris was working the backs on full throttle. This coach is impressive. It's apparent that his outlook in practice is that during games, opposing teams won't be running at half-speed, so his practices won't. They were required to run at full speed, back peddling, turning and catching passes...which several backs were dropping. It really was not a good day for catching the ball.

Seems to me we saw the same issue early in last years rookie camp.

The worse examples were with Bryan Flowers and Brandon Jackson...the ball would hit them square in the chest and drop to the ground. It was very disappointing to watch.

Not all is bad though...Morris loved Jonathan Hefney and first round pick Talib in their overall performances. Marcus Hamilton (CB) reallt impressed, and not just me. Morris was yelling things out, cheering him on (like "Kicking (expletive), M Ham!")

Obviously, Talib was practicing at Brian Kelly's former position. He led the left corners, and as a reward (for his efforts), Marcus Hamilton led the right corners.

Nerves were obviously an issue. Many of the corners and safeties jumped early on plays. Coach Morris singled out Jonathan Hefney in one such instance, and knick named him "Drilla k!lla" or some such. He was grinning though, and Hefney grunted and took it in stride.

On thing I thought was cool was Morris, who wasted no time getting in the action and demonstrating what he wanted players to do when covering WRs and trying to redirect them...to throw off their routes. He used Hamilton and Talib in the examples...Talib is an obvious reason...but choosing Hamilton was yet another sign that Morris is taking a liking to the kid.

This is a drill in which Talib really shined...I'll tell you, if this kid keeps his life straight (and I'm becoming more and more convinced he will) he'll become one of the best DBs in the league. Morris said he was "Beautiful". Although I could be wrong, I don't believe it was a comment on his appearance

On one play, Hefney looked really dynamic. Along the sideline, he made a leaping one-handed catch while momentum carried him over the line, and still managed to get both feet down inbounds before going down.

Perhaps the least nervous defensive back seemed to be Houllis from Florida State. He went 110% on nearly every play. He's hungy...you can see it in his eyes. I would venture to say he looked more calm under rpessure than any of the other DBs.

I'll tell you, I sometimes wonder how some of these DBs would do as WRs...especially after seeing the WRs practice on Friday. DBs looked much better.

Morris is relentless. I really like him. And he doesn't treat the first round pick any different than the others. if a player went the did something wrong, Coach Morris would make him repeat the play over and over uuntil he feltthe player would never make the same mistake again. It worked well too, because they started to do really good in that play. (this includes Talib)

I think Morris was intentionally riding Talib...testing his limits. He rode all the DBs hard, but with Talib he was the hardest. He wasn't mean about it though...he kept things positive as he corrected him, but he also kept things intense. I would have loved to hear everything on the field...it was exciting to watch.

I had a few very brief words with former Buc Shelton Quarles, who commented positively on both Hamilton and Talib. I wish I'd have thought to ask him for a later interview from a fans perspective (kicks self in rear). Shelton is a good person, and I'm sure he would have thought about making the time sometime this week or next.

After practice, three players were fielding punts...and I was surprised that one of them was Talib...I really don't see them risking a first round pick on punt returns. Then again, maybe they will.

Dexter Jackson wasn't amongs those guys though...to be honest I didn't see him practicing and kick returns at all...but that's understandabl on the first day. The other two were Hefney and another player whose name evades me at this time.

All in all, it was a decent first day. It was good just to see the new guys out there. And I'm missing football so much atm that any football exposure is a good thing.
 10 years ago '05        #269
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
A Freshman All Over Again

May 03, 2008 - The anxiety, excitement and butterflies flitting about in his stomach were familiar sensations.

Instead of dense textbooks, unforgiving professors and a rigorous class schedule, Josh Johnson is now facing a thick playbook, fiery coach Jon Gruden and an up-tempo practice routine. The overall effect is the same, however.

“It’s like you’re a freshman,” Johnson said, shortly after his first practice as a Tampa Bay Buccaneer. “The way I was thinking about it is like you went from high school to college as a freshman. Now I’m just at the next freshman level for me.”

Much like a fresh-faced teenager stepping onto a college campus for the first time, Johnson said he battled some nerves at first on Friday afternoon, the first day of the Buccaneers’ rookie mini-camp, but was able to settle down.

“There was a little bit of extra juice, just to be back on the field,” Johnson said. “You’ve got to get your feet wet, but once practice was on it was football again.”

Even if the nervous feelings were the same, Johnson realized quickly that he’s in a whole new ballgame now.

“It kind of became reality,” Johnson said, referring to the first time he pulled on his Buccaneers practice jersey. “Finally today it hit me that I have an opportunity to play for an NFL team, so that’s when it sank in.”

After shrugging off the butterflies, Johnson faced his next challenge – the Buccaneers’ always-intense head coach. Many students say their favorite teachers are the ones that push them hardest, though, and Johnson can already tell that Gruden’s passionate approach will be in the young player’s best interests.

“Coach Gruden is awesome,” Johnson said. “He’s intense, but I like coaches like that. It makes you get better when somebody is pushing you all the time. You know everything he’s saying is only going to help you; it’s not to make you worse. You have to look at it like that.

“He’s intense, but he’s always telling you something that can only help you. To me, I’ve been coached like that my whole life, so I’m really used to guys getting in your face. The way I look at it, he’s teaching me something so all I can do is listen.”

And again, just like a new student, Johnson said his focus is on listening and learning as much as he can.

“I’m just taking [this experience] and trying to learn as much as I can and go out on the field and execute,” Johnson said. “I want to come away with a good impression on the coaches that I can learn and get better every day and take coaching. I want to go out and execute and show my teammates around me that I can be a leader.

“I just want to be a great team player and learn from the veterans and learn from coach Gruden and just continue to get better every day. Hopefully when I get my opportunity to play I’ll just take it and run with it.”

Freshman are pretty easy to spot during the first week of school, struggling to find their classes and acclimate to a new schedule. Johnson is still feeling his way around in this new and busy NFL life.

“You’ve got to stay mentally focused,” Johnson said. “It’s a long day. We’ve been up since six o’clock with no breaks. There’s always something going on. If you’re not in meetings you’re on the practice field. There’s not a lot of down time. You’ve just got to stay mentally in it all day.”

Luckily for Johnson, he actually has a familiar face nearby to help him through the process – a fellow “classmate,” if you will. That would be receiver Wes Doyle, a teammate of Johnson’s at San Diego in town to participate in the rookie minicamp on a tryout contract.

“It helped out a lot, because I know how Wes runs his routes,” Johnson said. “That’s why every time I throw to Wes it’s more comfortable because we throw to each other every day. Eventually it’ll get like that with the rest of the receivers more and more as we work with each other.”

How would Gruden grade Johnson’s performance so far? Let’s just say it’s an incomplete at this point, but Gruden sees promise in his young charge.

“It's going to be a work in progress, but you see athletic ability,” Gruden said. “We've got a long way to go – that's about the best way I can sum it up. But work will get done and it will take some time.”

Johnson a.ssessed his first days as a Buccaneer similarly. Much like a first-year student staring down a long semester ahead, Johnson knows that much hard work and learning lie ahead before he can emerge as a productive signal-caller for the pewter and red.

“It was more positive than negative, but there are a lot of things I can get better on,” Johnson said. “There’s always something you can get better on.”
 10 years ago '08        #270
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
J.Johnson>>>>>> Michael Vick...
 05-03-2008, 06:03 PM         #271
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bump.

I won't let this thread die, it's going to be the constant reminder.

All curses and patterns INCLUDING first to worst have been broken and the NFC South will be back. 5 appearances in the last 6 NFC Championship games and the Bucs are back to lead the way to the next. :applause:

FIRE THEM CANNONS!!!!!
 05-03-2008, 07:17 PM         #272
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this got moved to the NFL fanbase section...it's all good cuz it'll get moved back when the season rolls around.
 10 years ago '05        #273
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Fun With Roster Numbers and Names

By Jamie Kiefer | May 6th, 2008

E-mail | Print | Share

Numbers have been a.ssigned for the incoming draft picks. The numbers won’t necessarily stick, but for right now, this is what they have to go on. Here are the numbers they will be wearing, along with their college numbers:

Aqib Talib: #25 (#3 in college)

Dexter Jackson: #1 (#2 in college)

Jeremy Zuttah: #76 (#71 in college)

Dre Moore: #67 (#92 in college)

Josh Johnson: #11 (#11 in college)

Geno Hayes: #45 (#10 in college)

Cory Boyd: #39 (#3 in college)

Many of the numbers are conflicting, either because they are already occupied, or that position player can’t wear that number. As a cornerback, Talib can’t wear #3. As a running back, Boyd can’t wear #3. There would be a problem with the two of them competing for that number. Also, that number is currently worn by Matt Bryant. Dexter Jackson can’t wear #2, which is worn by Chris Simms. However, that number might be freed up before long. The numbers 71 (Zuttah) and 92 (Moore) are both taken, worn by Jovan Haye and Charles Bennett, respectively. Geno Hayes can’t wear #10 as a linebacker, not to mention the fact that #10 is being worn by Taye Biddle. Josh Johnson was lucky enough to get his number.

As most Bucs fans know, Dexter Jackson is the name of a former player, one Super Bowl MVP. This is not the first time that has happened. On the Bucs all-time roster, there are four namesakes that have appeared twice.
Steve Young was a quarterback for the Bucs, and an eventual Hall of Fame member. The other Steve Young was a tackle on the inaugural Bucs team. He started eleven games.
Anthony Davis was a Heisman winning running back at USC, where he played under John McKay. He played in eleven games in his Tampa career. The other Anthony Davis is a tackle who is still on the team. He played in only 9 games last year, after playing all 16 the previous two years.
Brian Clark was a kicker in the 1982 season. He played in one game with the Buccaneers, but didn’t attempt an extra point or a field goal. The other Brian Clark was promoted from the practice squad, only to play in one game in 2007. He recorded three special teams tackles in the postseason.
The first Dexter Jackson was a safety for the Bucs from 1999-2002, and then 2004-2005. He had 8 interceptions and 274 tackles in his time with Tampa. He will always be celebrated as the MVP of Super Bowl x*xVII.

Only time will tell what this Dexter Jackson can do. Also, Aqib Talib is probably safe as the only Aqib Talib to be on the Bucs all-time roster.

10 years ago '07        #274
MLCP 2 heat pts
space
space
$588 | Props total: 69 69
This thread is the TRUTH!
 10 years ago '08        #275
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
Tampa Bay we comin at ya necks, chea!
 05-24-2008, 10:13 PM         #276
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we got it
 05-24-2008, 10:19 PM         #277
DJ sWiFt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 05-25-2008, 09:45 PM         #278
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
agreed.
 05-26-2008, 08:08 PM         #279
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Don't ever forget.
 10 years ago '05        #280
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
We finally dropped Gradkowski's wack a.ss..now get rid of Simms and we set
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
126 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy