Feb 17 - Sports Illustrated readers outraged over Beyonce being on front cover

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Do you find it normal for Beyonce to be on the cover?

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #21
bomester 
space
space
$2,634 | Props total: 0 0
 Tempus # 1 said:
What if they put Madonna on the cover of Essense?
:thumbsdow
 02-17-2007, 03:32 PM         #22
WorstNightmare  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tempus # 1 said:
saying its to "ghetto" is a mention of race
Exactly :applause: :applause: .

"They should make up their minds," wrote one angry poster on a sports-related board. "Either it's the Swimsuit Issue or the Rap Issue. SI can cancel my subscription!"
If that's not an offense,than what is it?

Wake up ,racism is still well alive.

Just read some come of the comments on this site and you will understand that people didn't like beyoncÚ making the cover

Last edited by WorstNightmare; 02-17-2007 at 03:49 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #23
Laffman22 
space
space
$541 | Props total: 175 175
who really gives a fu*k about pictures of bi*chez they just pictures
 11 years ago '06        #24
insert.cliche 
space
space
$1,283 | Props total: 8 8
smh @ this being in the news.

the fact that this was posted in a sketchy, biased gossip page should already set off some red flags... not to mention the ORIGINAL source on the website DOESN'T EXIST.

there's enough controversy in the world to keep us busy...definitely don't need any fake sh*t to incite a furor.
 02-17-2007, 04:04 PM         #25
g.o.a.t91  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ppl are STILL ignorant to this day.......LOL at chall, shyt iz flyin off the shelves, who gives a fu*k about SI'S "demographic"????? theyre obviously tryna expand it, and those who dont like it are fukkn retarded, SI dont need yalls approval, they do wateva the fu*k the want wit their magazine, its still gonna sell regardless of how a few Americans feel. WTF is wrong wit yall????????
 11 years ago '04        #26
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
 HelloGoodSir said:
TYRA BANKS >>> Beyonce.

I wonder how Beyonce would feel if Tyra Banks somehow won a Grammy for best song...
Beyonce has no business on the cover of a Professional MODELing magazine.. Just as Tyra Banks has no business winning a grammy for songs.
wtf

if tyra was good at singing or w/e, maybe she'd have a chance to win the award

beyonce is on the cover because they want a bi*ch that looks good to look good on the cover...and she look pretty good to me...
 11 years ago '04        #27
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
 Tempus # 1 said:
What if they put Madonna on the cover of Essense?
fu*k that flour face bi*ch
 11 years ago '04        #28
jiggamanll 
space
space
$1,110 | Props total: 0 0
Its funny people saying beyonce didnt deserve the cover and what if tyra blah blah. It was a money making decision that im sure sports illustrated came to her about. No matter if she is a model or not they asked her to do it. I could go on all day about the racist thing but its not even worth talking about cause my post isnt gonna stop it.
 02-17-2007, 04:38 PM         #29
the hater  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kanye is a fu*kin gaywad homo bi*chboy
fu*k him and fu*k his music
 02-17-2007, 04:39 PM         #30
Mbrew457  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 reazon_opt said:
whoa prejudice at is best... as well as ignorance... tsk tsk tsk
^^True Words^^
 02-17-2007, 04:39 PM         #31
the hater  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gunit "stunt 101" > destiny child entire discography group and solo combined
 02-17-2007, 06:06 PM         #32
HelloGoodSir  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scan said:
wtf

if tyra was good at singing or w/e, maybe she'd have a chance to win the award

beyonce is on the cover because they want a bi*ch that looks good to look good on the cover...and she look pretty good to me...
Miss the point much??? Exactly. ""IF" Tyra was good at singing, maybe she'd have a chance to win the award." Well... TYRA isn't a Singer... Are we seeing the point, or should I go further in detail?. ..

Further in detail.... Okay.. BEYONCE = Singer/Not supermodel.. Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Magazine is for High-Quality supermodels, and the one who gets the cover is suppose to experience a boost in their career. Beyonce on other magazines would be fine.. But this one was a special kind of magazine meant for supermodels.. That is what a lot of people are upset with. She has no business being in that position. Thats all.

Also.. as far as the word "Ghetto" being used in the article... Some people might take that to mean "Black," but then again, it doesn't actually mean "black." A lot of other races live in ghetto's. Maybe, that person just feels Beyonce sings for ghetto inhabitants? Or they think she is from the ghetto and doesn't support that. Who knows. They did not, however, come out and say "Black." "Reading between the lines" confuses reality from speculation. It's not a good practice in these cases.

As far as "Reading between the lines" goes... It's an article made to upset people.. When such an article is presented, in order to make an accurate argument, you have to be literally correct in everything. Accurate, written support helps give credit to your opinion. Without it, your just some mad man running around calling people racist.
 11 years ago '05        #33
rippac4 
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 1050 1050
 billieskeet said:
exactly so how can any1 say its racist, there have been asian and hispanic women also
cause that was 10 years ago when Tyra was on the cover & people asking why people bringing up why people saying it's racism like racism don't exist against African Americans still, America needs to get rid of the ignorance because alot of people identify with Beyonce more than alot of the models they have where you can't even pronounce they name & controversy sells

Last edited by rippac4; 02-17-2007 at 06:32 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #34
danny|M 7 heat pts
space
space
$36,277 | Props total: 2616 2616
That site isn't really a legit site. It's mostly all opinionated comments/articles. People shouldn't take this article too seriously because it's just someone's opinion to say that this SI Swimsuit Edition is "too ghetto."

Honestly, it's a good look for SI because not only are they being diverse, but they're also showing a superstar female that is more than "model quality." There's absolutely nothing wrong with putting an African-American on the cover of the SI Swimsuit Edition and there's nothing wrong with putting Beyonce Knowles on there neither. People are just too ignorant and disrespectful to know that.
 02-17-2007, 06:55 PM         #35
CALIHUSTLA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Beyonce lookin right on there & I can say that Kanye pic is rediculous
 02-17-2007, 06:57 PM         #36
BangEmSmurf  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Is this the Swimsuit Issue or the Ghetto issue?"

beyonce doesn't belong on the cover...victoria secrets models belong there..its tradition! As for Kayne west grabbing a.ss..cant hate on that
 02-17-2007, 07:12 PM         #37
trice26  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 reazon_opt said:
whoa prejudice at is best... as well as ignorance... tsk tsk tsk
i agree, if it were Jessica SImpson or Britney Spears it would be all good
 11 years ago '04        #38
BangOut 
space
space
$1,779 | Props total: 0 0
 WorstNightmare said:
-http://sandrarosenews.blogspot.com/2007/02/outraged-readers-cancelling-si.html-
ya that just sounds like some racist sh*t..which is ridiculous
 02-17-2007, 07:42 PM         #39
IRemainRaw  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whut the fu*k is wrong with these f*g**ts?She looked great
 11 years ago '04        #40
WHAT_THE_ 
space
space
space
$1,136 | Props total: 2 2
i am kinda tired of her. go ahead and hate...but i think her looks have been overrated for years. and also, 'ghetto' and 'rap' are not racist terms the last i heard?

some people may not like rap music..but other people besides black people live in the ghetto, or act ghetto, and black people surely make other music besides rap music.

but as far as catching feelings over whos on the cover...who gives a fu*k. does it really affect you that much?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
21 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
60 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
25 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
48 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy