most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
119 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Do you find it normal for Beyonce to be on the cover?

Props Slaps
 02-17-2007, 02:09 PM         #1
7286 pageviews
104 comments

WorstNightmare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Feb 17 - Sports Illustrated readers outraged over Beyonce being on front cover

Outraged Sports Illustrated readers are flooding the SI offices with angry phone calls and emails demanding subscription cancellations. The furor erupted after Sports Illustrated's celebrated annual "Swimsuit Issue" hit the stands with Beyonce on the cover and an inside shot of a smug Kanye West gripping a models derriere.

Angry comments have been posted on this site as well as other blogs and message boards. "Is this the Swimsuit Issue or the Ghetto issue?" read one post. A source inside the SI mail room emailed me to say longtime subscribers are angry. "The calls are nonstop," she wrote. "Some of these guys have been subscribing to Sports Illustrated for years just so they can get the Swimsuit Issue before it hits the stands. This is like blasphemy to most of them who don't know who Beyonce or Kanye are."

A local newspaper reporter who asked not to be identified said, "So many women grew up identifying with the models in the Swimsuit Issue. They don't see themselves in Beyonce. SI has made a mockery of their core demographic with this issue."

So far, SI hasn't commented publicly on the complaints. But insiders say SI is discreetly emailing members of the mainstream media emphasizing the point that the Swimsuit Issue is a "Music Issue". But critics are asking how can it be both? "They should make up their minds," wrote one angry poster on a sports-related board. "Either it's the Swimsuit Issue or the Rap Issue. SI can cancel my subscription!"
-http://sandrarosenews.blogspot.com/2007/02/outraged-readers-cancelling-si.html-

[pic - click to view]

Source and pictures

Last edited by WorstNightmare; 02-17-2007 at 02:13 PM..

104 comments for "Feb 17 - Sports Illustrated readers outraged over Beyonce being on front cover"

11 years ago '04        #2
reazon_opt 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,991 | Props total: 618 618
whoa prejudice at is best... as well as ignorance... tsk tsk tsk
 11 years ago '04        #3
$tr3tch 
space
space
$4,260 | Props total: 0 0
A local newspaper reporter who asked not to be identified said, "So many women grew up identifying with the models in the Swimsuit Issue. They don't see themselves in Beyonce. SI has made a mockery of their core demographic with this issue."

^^thats the truth. Its different and so they reacted the way they did. Thats how humans work.
 02-17-2007, 02:34 PM         #4
OOps  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tired of beyonce as well..............she fu*kin k!lling me with her sh*t, she needs to step to the left already and give me a fu*kin break. Fuk i hate her sh*t, and her a.sss :finger:

wtf would they put a singer/enter on a cover that a model usually do the shoots for. Its like having a model pick up a grammys for some wack a.ss hook. fu*k that
 11 years ago '04        #5
DJWho 
space
space
$1,316 | Props total: 6 6
when tyra was on the cover i didnt hear nothing
 02-17-2007, 02:36 PM         #6
Street Novelist  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nowhere in ur quote does it say they have a problem with her being black...
 02-17-2007, 02:36 PM         #7
Krazy K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Racism at it's finest and how do you not kno who Kanye or Beyonce are? They are household names at this point, even my parents know who they are.
 02-17-2007, 02:37 PM         #8
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJWho said:
exactly so how can any1 say its racist, there have been asian and hispanic women also
 02-17-2007, 02:39 PM         #9
HelloGoodSir  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dont feel there is a very high degree of racism in this post. Most people, like myself, are a little upset to see Beyonce on such a prestigous cover, is all. Most MODELS work very hard to achieve the cover of that issue and it acts as a career boost to them. I don't like Beyonce, because she is old news. She peaked like 5 years ago. I am so tired of her. Furthermore, like the Williams' sisters, she has a racist father. There are a lot hotter girls than beyonce out there... A lot hotter girls IN the ISSUE that are hotter than beyonce... And don't say i feel this way, because "she is black." Because, as far as "black" goes, she barely registers... She is very dilluted. I liked it better when Destiny's Child was together.. at least that way, there was more to look at than just Beyonce.
 02-17-2007, 02:40 PM         #10
WorstNightmare  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJWho said:
wrong,the same thing happened few years back.
 02-17-2007, 02:44 PM         #11
HelloGoodSir  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorstNightmare said:
wrong,the same thing happened few years back.
TYRA BANKS >>> Beyonce.

I wonder how Beyonce would feel if Tyra Banks somehow won a Grammy for best song...
Beyonce has no business on the cover of a Professional MODELing magazine.. Just as Tyra Banks has no business winning a grammy for songs.
 02-17-2007, 02:51 PM         #12
DirtyHarry  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why do black people cry racist 100 percent of the time? there is nothing racist about this. a singer shouldnt be on the cover of a sports magazine. thats it there is no reacism here get chy0 head out your a.sses.
 02-17-2007, 03:01 PM         #13
qmudd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if its true, fu*k the people who actually wasted minutes/seconds/hours of their lives to write to SI. If you dont like it, don't read it. Find another mag to beat your meat to.
 11 years ago '06        #14
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
fu*k those fools that ain't wanting the SI Issue because it's "too black" ..

All the n*ggas will buy it to replace sales anyway ..

Ain't nothing better than beyonce ..
 11 years ago '04        #15
EASTLondon|S 
space
space
$7,842 | Props total: 0 0
Had to change the title of the thread as there is no mention of race in the original article.
 02-17-2007, 03:05 PM         #16
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What if they put Madonna on the cover of Essense?
 02-17-2007, 03:06 PM         #17
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EASTLondon said:
Had to change the title of the thread as there is no mention of race in the original article.
saying its to "ghetto" is a mention of race
 11 years ago '04        #18
Big Shaq 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,932 | Props total: 38 38
fu*k them wack racisit a.ss people
 11 years ago '05        #19
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
this sh*t shouldnt even be that serious. its just a damn cover. like B is still fine so why cant see be on da cover wats all the hate for stop it
 02-17-2007, 03:15 PM         #20
Lake85  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i thought SI was for fine bi*ches. all these little fu*ks writing letters cause she's on the cover need to be bi*ch slapped.
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago