Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-25-2007, 07:43 PM         #81
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For the fellow Bolts.....Courtesy of RakimAllah.......

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

08-28-2007, 11:04 AM         #82
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Preseason “been good for us”
Send to a friend Print Page Adjust font size Monday, Aug 27, 2007
By Casey Pearce, Chargers.com
Chargers Head Coach Norv Turner is big on situational football, preparing his players for how to react in specific scenarios that arise during a game.

The 2007 preseason and, specifically, Saturday night’s 33-31 win at Arizona has given the Chargers plenty of opportunities to prepare for critical situations they’re certain to face in the regular season.

“Through our first three preseason games, the thing that I’m most pleased with is the number of different scenarios we’ve been put in and have been able to coach,” Turner said. “We’ve been able to coach them during the game and after the game. That’s been good for us.”

On Saturday, it started from the opening kickoff when J.J. Arrington’s 72-yard return put the defense’s backs against the wall. Turner’s crew had to respond immediately and did so successfully.

“I didn’t like them breaking the opening kickoff out to the 30 and getting a big return, but it put our defense in a sudden-change mindset,” Turner said. “We went out, three plays and out and forced a field goal. Those are situations we’re going to be put in during the season and we’re going to have to handle it.”

The Chargers also started a second-half drive at their own four-yard line and were able to change the field after two long completions and a Mike Scifres punt. On four separate occasions, Arizona started drives inside their own 10-yard line.

Turner was most impressed with the way his second-team offense handled the game-winning drive. Quarterback Billy Volek and company took over at their own 28-yard line with 1:06 remaining and no timeouts. Six plays later, Nate Kaeding came on and kicked the game-winning field goal.

“We got to handle the operation,” Turner said. “It wasn’t our starters doing it, but we’re coaching the thing the way we’d coach it in a game. All those things through the three games, we’ve been presented with a lot of different situations that have been very helpful to us as players and as coaches in terms of handling those situations.”

Big chance

Following Thursday night’s preseason finale against the San Francisco 49ers, the Chargers will have to trim their roster to 53 by Saturday. In addition to competing for a roster spot, several young players will make their bids to earn places on the team’s practice squad, which will be formed Sunday.

Turner said he’s yet to decide how much his starters will be on the field, but he did say they “won’t play much.” That leaves a large number of snaps for the reserves looking to make a final impression. Turner is anxious to see how several young players handle the increased workload.

“That’s really how you find out where our guys are at,” Turner said. “You get a real good feel for where our young players are at. A guy can go out and play five or six plays and be error free and handle it pretty well. You go play 40 plays and you really find out if he has a good grasp of what you’re asking him to do.”

Burner update

Turner had no specifics in regards to the status of running back Michael Turner, but was optimistic about the health of LaDainian Tomlinson’s top backup.

“He had a smile on his face a little while ago,” Norv Turner said. “He felt pretty good. I always wait three or four days, but he feels good about it in terms of being ready for the first game.”

“The Burner” will have a little added motivation to be ready for Week 1. He grew up in Chicago rooting for the Bears and has already put in a hefty ticket request for friends and family who are making the trip west.

Norv Turner indicated that Michael remains his first option as a kick returner for the regular season. The four-year veteran averaged 26.5 yards per return in 2006.

Locking down

Turner liked the physical intensity his defense played with Saturday night but reiterated the need to eliminate big plays by the opponent’s offense.

“If we don’t give up big plays, we have enough playmakers that will make a play,” Turner said. “We just have to be sound and not give up big plays. I like the way our secondary is working. I obviously was disappointed in a couple plays the other night, but I like the way they’re working. We handled a lot of the things they did in the passing game pretty well.”

When asked to provide an update on the competition for the team’s starting strong safety job, Turner responded, “I really like the way Clinton Hart is playing. That kind of answers the question I think.”

Good memories

Just 52 weeks ago, Turner was preparing the 49ers’ offense for their final preseason game against the Chargers. The Bolts’ head coach said that he did some reminiscing Sunday night as his thoughts turned to Thursday’s preseason finale.

“The way things happen in this league, things can change so dramatically,” Turner said. “That’s a good group of guys (in San Francisco). They’re a talented group. They’re playing pretty well, and they’re just going to keep getting better.”

In his lone season in San Francisco, Turner grew close to 49ers quarterback Alex Smith and had a tremendous impact on the play of the San Diego native. Last season, Smith passed for 2,890 yards and 16 touchdowns while completing 58 percent of his attempts.

As a rookie in 2005 prior to Turner’s arrival, Smith passed for just 875 yards, throwing only one touchdown pass and 11 interceptions for a rating of only 40.8. Smith’s 34-point increase in his passer rating from his rookie season to the next is the greatest in NFL history.

Turner has had only one brief conversation with Smith recently, but it didn’t involve X’s and O’s.

“He’s got a lot of family down here,” Turner said. “I offered to help him because I know how those ticket situations get. It was just real brief.”
 10 years ago '04        #83
$tr3tch 
space
space
$4,260 | Props total: 0 0
week 1 vs chicago
week 2 @ new england

should win against the bears but the pats game is gonna be real tough...im expecting lt to go nuts that game n rush for atleast 150yds over that defense simply because of how pissed off he was after the playoff game. Don't forget how close this game was last season under martyball. I know the pats got thomas and moss n all that, but i still think it'll be right down to the wire.

Also got the colts coming to SD for week 10 and ray lewis and company hittin us up week 12. Should be some interesting games. Outside of those 4 games, imo we go 11-1 (denver might catch us once this year)
 10 years ago '04        #84
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
man fu*k the Chargers.

Put this sh*t in the chargers thread
 08-28-2007, 07:33 PM         #85
s0uThSiDe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 outoutout said:
my man's Simba holdin all u haters down. pats never give an a.ss whoopin to teams. they always seem to win by their kicker (by like 1-3 pts). the W matters the most, yeah, but brady didn't kick that W for them these past years. why do u think vinateri left the pats?

dont get me wrong, tho chargers lost the "big game", the pats didnt beat us. they capitalized on a lot of the chargers errors, so the chargers beat themselves.

chargers jus gotta be mentally ready, u know every1 was on their nuts this past season. number one team in the NFL and mcree fu*ked sh*t up imo. pats played in the afc championship, but lost to the colts, same deal. some yall tryin to diss the chargers sayin we're 1 and done, but u forget the pats lost too.

offseason, people are still on the pats nuts. raiders are still rebuilding cuz moss fu*ked it up there (and aaron brooks), now he gonna fu*k up the pats chemistry too. every raider fan i've talked to seems to always live in the past (predictably) :sleepy:.

fyi, merriman's supplements were tainted, so no 'roids there. yall gotta be up to date w/that sh*t, he's not juicin. juz cuz he left for 4 games and still lead the league in sacks, don't mean yall gotta hate -- and the chargers won those 4games w/out him too.

is it football season yet?
@ u making excuses... ill quote herm edwards "You play to win the game"

you didnt beat yourselves we beat you..
 08-28-2007, 08:51 PM         #86
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Smokin boulders^^^y'all won cuz McCree dropped a fumble.....Never BEAT us...

We owned y'all at your own house worse than any other team since I don't remember.......you can say y'all won but not BEAT us....and at the end of the day what does that count for now?....nothin......what did y'all get out of it.......nothin.....

and it's a new season you bi*ches.....

worry bout ya own sh*t......

and far as the colts go.....when was the last time y'all beat us?.....

don't be haters now......cuz I ain't mad at all.......
 10 years ago '07        #87
gorilla_proof 
space
space
$300 | Props total: 0 0
sup charger fans hows that pre-season action working out for you guys?...some of my friends that are charger fans who live out west are beyond hyped about this season'
most of them were like defensively we have no weaknesses...and after reading them the riot act there tune started to change a little'
1.) who steps in for donnie edwards<<< love this guy in coverage dudes been a stud for a long time
2.) corners...jammer has stepped up but can he play consistent?
3.) Safeties...this may be the weakest link on the team...who's gonna step in and be the QB of the secondary?
4.) wr's i know you have gates and LT will catch alot of passes as well but none of the wr's scare me if im a defensive coordinator.

i know you have to let the games play out but some of my boys was talking about a 15-1 season an i had to ask them what kinda meth lab they had been hanging out in lately

well good luck on the season...i hope my boy sproles has a monster season dude is like jones-drew with a touch of hester in him
 08-29-2007, 12:36 PM         #88
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sup bruh.....

Yeah we real hyped......as Norv said the preseason been good to us....

but the answers to your questions are right on the team......

1.) I liked Donnie alot....but we got young guys that could start on almost any squad....Keep you eyes on Wilhelm.....Ol boy can play coverage..... we have enough depth in case of emergency......all young players with best years ahead of em..

2.) Jammer ain't bad but I like Cromartie personally.....taller....faster....great hands......Ha was called "the best defensive back out of Florida State since Deion Sanders"

3.) That is our weakest spot on defense.....specifically the strong safety....couldn't really tell ya...all I know is McCree ain't bad but he better not fumble no more interceptions....

4.) Vince Jackson is that muthafu*kin dude......and I like the potential of Craig Davis....Eric Parker is solid as they come......thank god we got rid of McCardell, he could't burn nobody on the deep ball...

adnyeah Sproles is solid too... I liked him alot at Kansas State....Man he really fought this preseason to make the team......

15-1 is pretty far fetched even for me but not impossible......We actually got better this off season....The team is younger and faster with more raw talent....Our Front 7 on D is good as they get......

The offense returns intact except a younger fresher more talented Reciever group....

Couldn't be more excited.....

Plus the new coach & new uniforms scream new era in Chargers Football....think we ready to step up and take our place among the Super bowl winners.....maybe even dynasties.....

*passes you directions to the meth lab*
 10 years ago '07        #89
gorilla_proof 
space
space
i just wonder a tiny bit does it seem like anyones missing marty? having alot of new coachs is bound to have its effect both positive and negative.

side note' how did siler look this pre-season its funny from the draft he was suppose to be a first day pick and he almost went undrafted'
 08-29-2007, 01:03 PM         #90
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I liked marty and thought he never should have been fired.....so I know what you mean....But the game is played on the field not on paper is the way I look at that...

Jury's still out on Siler.....can't say much but he's in a good team to develop as a linebacker......
 10 years ago '07        #91
gorilla_proof 
space
space
 Simba said:
I liked marty and thought he never should have been fired.....so I know what you mean....But the game is played on the field not on paper is the way I look at that...

Jury's still out on Siler.....can't say much but he's in a good team to develop as a linebacker......
yeah i agree hes in a good scheme to develop as a LB and doesnt have a lot of pressure on him which is a good thing'

i wondered why him and HB Blades dropped on draftday...who knows

looks to be a exciting matchup week one for you guys...im gonna check the game out to see how the bears handle the zone blitzing and protection pick ups with the front 7'....and i would like to see how there secondary plays the wr's & te's.

either way its a good week of football week 1

colts vs saints
bears vs chargers
 08-29-2007, 10:54 PM         #92
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hell yea my dude... you a bears fan?
 10 years ago '07        #93
gorilla_proof 
space
space
not a bears fan but i do like some of there players...tommie harris if healthy should pick up where he left off before the injury.

its hard for me to be a bear fan because the qb play...i dont totally fault rex grossman because ron turner needs to have better passing balance'

if i was a defensive coordinator i could give rex/ron nightmares

they run about 4 different routes from a wr/te stand point

1.) slant
2.)fade
3.)double move (slant fade)
4.) seam route

ive looked at them this preseason and im seeing it all over again when they played the 49ers rex through slant route that was picked because hes so use to going through the motions during a play that he has lapses and doesnt read the coverage well.

ppl say rex is a second yr qb thats not true hes in his 5th season and if you cant read coverage and understand when to check it down and where to go with the football its going to be rough'

sure this is his second yr starting...but you cant compare his numbers to peyton in his second season and you cant compare him to alex smith...because even if you are hurt college qbs dont get the same kind of film session pro qbs get and they dont have ppl to mentor them along like rex has had for 5yrs now
 08-30-2007, 06:34 PM         #94
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah and he ain't no P.Rivs either...

If the bears woulda won that super bowl I'd prolly quit watchin NFL.....

cuz it woulda made it look like you don't need a good qb to win....

which is far from true.......

and grossman shouldn't start on any team......
 08-30-2007, 11:29 PM         #95
kr0nikk_F8L  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gorilla_proof said:
not a bears fan but i do like some of there players...tommie harris if healthy should pick up where he left off before the injury.

its hard for me to be a bear fan because the qb play...i dont totally fault rex grossman because ron turner needs to have better passing balance'

if i was a defensive coordinator i could give rex/ron nightmares

they run about 4 different routes from a wr/te stand point

1.) slant
2.)fade
3.)double move (slant fade)
4.) seam route

ive looked at them this preseason and im seeing it all over again when they played the 49ers rex through slant route that was picked because hes so use to going through the motions during a play that he has lapses and doesnt read the coverage well.

ppl say rex is a second yr qb thats not true hes in his 5th season and if you cant read coverage and understand when to check it down and where to go with the football its going to be rough'

sure this is his second yr starting...but you cant compare his numbers to peyton in his second season and you cant compare him to alex smith...because even if you are hurt college qbs dont get the same kind of film session pro qbs get and they dont have ppl to mentor them along like rex has had for 5yrs now
lol no matter what you morons say, on the field experience is not the same as being on the sidelines nursing an injury...

rex has started 24 games, and its not hard to look at the stats of the likes of steve young, drew brees, peyton manning, troy aikman and see that they had a similar pattern...not saying he'll be that caliber of a qb, but the development of a qb takes longer than 24 fu*king games..

hell, troy aikman was just plain a.ss for like 4 years before he did anything, same with steve young...people judging a qb after 24 starts is fu*king retarded, period
 08-30-2007, 11:32 PM         #96
kr0nikk_F8L  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Simba said:
Yeah and he ain't no P.Rivs either...

If the bears woulda won that super bowl I'd prolly quit watchin NFL.....

cuz it woulda made it look like you don't need a good qb to win....

which is far from true.......

and grossman shouldn't start on any team......

you dont need a qb to win, the bucs and ravens proved that in this decade alone...

please learn what you're talking about before spitting your homer bullsh*t

if you think you're gonna walk over chicago in week 1, you're in for a long fu*king game
 10 years ago '07        #97
gorilla_proof 
space
space
 kr0nikk_F8L said:
lol no matter what you morons say, on the field experience is not the same as being on the sidelines nursing an injury...

rex has started 24 games, and its not hard to look at the stats of the likes of steve young, drew brees, peyton manning, troy aikman and see that they had a similar pattern...not saying he'll be that caliber of a qb, but the development of a qb takes longer than 24 fu*king games..

hell, troy aikman was just plain a.ss for like 4 years before he did anything, same with steve young...people judging a qb after 24 starts is fu*king retarded, period
its funny you say that when most athletes talk about taking mental reps an how the mental aspect of the game seems to the toughest to deal with...mentally you must know where to go with the football...and as you grow as a qb your reading should progress. Rex has been in the league 5yrs not 24games it would see to me that by now his fundamentals would be in tact but they arent'

yeah chicago should win there division since no one plays in it and there arent any real dominate teams in the NFC look at how teams stack up against the AFC and how many superbowls have they won???
 08-31-2007, 07:42 AM         #98
kr0nikk_F8L  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gorilla_proof said:
its funny you say that when most athletes talk about taking mental reps an how the mental aspect of the game seems to the toughest to deal with...mentally you must know where to go with the football...and as you grow as a qb your reading should progress. Rex has been in the league 5yrs not 24games it would see to me that by now his fundamentals would be in tact but they arent'

yeah chicago should win there division since no one plays in it and there arent any real dominate teams in the NFC look at how teams stack up against the AFC and how many superbowls have they won???
how many superbowls has peyton manning won in his career?

one.

if your logic was true at all, he should have 5 rings...

and no matter how you wanna cut it, rex has only started 23/24 games. hell, you can watch all the game film you want and that isnt gonna make you a good qb. there is no substitute for on the field learning...

and if you cant see that rex improved, your blind or just hating just to hate without knowing your sh*t...

his comp% hasnt been lower than 65% in any preseason game, so he obviously knows where to go with his reads...i watch him and can easily tell an improvement
 10 years ago '07        #99
gorilla_proof 
space
space
if your judging rex off of pre-season your obviously on the "pipe" and seeing your profound rex love you seem to be riding another "pipe" as well
 08-31-2007, 08:10 AM         #100
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kr0nikk_F8L said:

you dont need a qb to win, the bucs and ravens proved that in this decade alone...

please learn what you're talking about before spitting your homer bullsh*t

if you think you're gonna walk over chicago in week 1, you're in for a long fu*king game
Stay off my pipe if you ain't got nothin but smart alec sh*t to say....

and we will OWN Chicago in week one.....HOMER!......

Couldn't fu*k with us last year or this year or next year......I think the person that need to learn is you......

And stay the fu*k out this thread til that day......cuz I damn sure ain't over in the Chicago thread talkin sh*t.....

You talkin out your a.ss and I don't care to take the time to expose all the holes in your dumb a.ss theories......

but whatever :rolleyes: Rex Grossman is the greatest dog :rolleyes:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
151 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc