Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA Charles Barkley "Lavar Ball isn't a good father."
100 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-16-2007, 07:52 AM         #141
Deuce21  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Clearly Tim Hardaway was among the published list of possible gay/bis3xual pro athletes of 2001 ....check for yourself i'm dead serious.
 02-16-2007, 08:00 AM         #142
rebelus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tikyle2 said:
Honestly he has a right to an opinion. Everybody doesn't have to accept everything. That's what freedom of speech is. And no one can really say anything otherwise. I mean Timmy may view gay s3x like animal s3x. He may find it unacceptable.

It's cool for the NBA to distance itself from him but if they think more players don't feel like him than feel the other way they're stupid. Also if the NBA is so for gay pride why don't they embrace the large gay WNBA population? PR is a bi*ch. When it's smart to denounce someone for speaking out against gays they ban him. But when it comes time to embrace gays in a sport thats run over with them the WNBA shys far far away from that because it goes against their "family values" theme and they think young girls might not watch it as much.

The NBA like every other capitalistic business is a damn hypocrite when PR and money is involved.
Yo dude got played. Whoever interviewed him probably knew his stand against Gays and got him on the radio just to call him out. Especially being from the south and dude probably is a every Sunday church going guy. Those kind of people do not put up with gays. But at the same time, he should of phrased his words a lot better. The one word that you really can't use is hate. Hate is a very very powerful word and he used it at the wrong time. Sorry kid but you fu*ked UP!! You really fu*ked Up!!! Plus you just lost a phat a.ss check that was coming your way. Being Black and put into a whole is nearly impossible to rise out of.
 11 years ago '05        #143
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
 HHS said:
You do have the right to say what you want (there are limits, like yelling fire or stuff like that, which endangers people), no one is stripping Tim Hardaway of his rights, no one is saying he's not allowed to say he hates gay people. There are consequences to what you say though, because the NBA has rights also, to decide who they want to respresent them. You act like he's being arrested for saying it, that would be stripping someone of their right to free speech, and in many places people do get arrested, a.ssaulted and k!lled over what they say, don't trivialize that and act like a business decision, which the NBA is well within its rights to make, is stripping him of his freedom of speech, it's not.
u right the nba does have the right to who they want to represent them, but i promise u that over 75% of the people in the nba hates gays.
 11 years ago '04        #144
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 dmunson318 said:
u right the nba does have the right to who they want to represent them, but i promise u that over 75% of the people in the nba hates gays.
I don't doubt that, unfortunately.
 02-16-2007, 08:29 AM         #145
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
with Freedom of Speech u can say watever u want. but u also have consequences for talkin stupid, thats what he did and he's payin for it point blank. as a business man youd be stupid to not take David Stern's stance. gay ppl watch sports too and u hav no idea how many of them make up the nba audience so Stern supporting that woulda been bad for business, whether u agree wit it or not, whether he agrees with it or not thats the stance he had to take.
 11 years ago '06        #146
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,483 | Props total: 17929 17929
The KKK can say they hate black ppl all they want and nothing happens, but when you say something about gay ppl there's a problem?
 02-16-2007, 08:42 AM         #147
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rique said:
The KKK can say they hate black ppl all they want and nothing happens, but when you say something about gay ppl there's a problem?
the KKK doesnt hav paid appearances for the NBA.
 02-16-2007, 08:47 AM         #148
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 billieskeet said:
the KKK doesn't have paid appearances for the NBA.
 02-16-2007, 08:59 AM         #149
snipesgunna  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
batty man fi' dead! 1 up timmy-he do things the hardaway
 11 years ago '04        #150
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,138 | Props total: 9447 9447
 billieskeet said:
the KKK doesnt hav paid appearances for the NBA.
When you're a public figure, like an actor, music artist, political figure, you are bound by a whole separate set of regulations. Slander and Lible <-sp? are much harder to prove and whatever you say, is overly criticized.

The whole thing is so big because 1)He's a hall of famer 2) He made his comments on national radio 3) He just happened represent the NBA in the upcoming all star weekend.

We all know this PR sh*t is way out of control. But knowing that, you gotta act accordingly.
 11 years ago '04        #151
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,762 | Props total: 6171 6171
like many have commented......."When keepin it real.....goes wrong"
 02-16-2007, 10:25 AM         #152
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
When you're a public figure, like an actor, music artist, political figure, you are bound by a whole separate set of regulations. Slander and Lible <-sp? are much harder to prove and whatever you say, is overly criticized.

The whole thing is so big because 1)He's a hall of famer 2) He made his comments on national radio 3) He just happened represent the NBA in the upcoming all star weekend.

We all know this PR sh*t is way out of control. But knowing that, you gotta act accordingly.
he shoulda been smart enough to realize the results of his comments. he had to know as a former nba player that those questions were comin eventually. and theyre are not bashin him cuz hes a public figure, theyre basin he said "gay ppl should not exist b/c im too insecure of my manhood to deal with it" in a nutshell. any1 who says that public or not will get bashed, if i went on tv now as a no name i would get bashed.
 11 years ago '04        #153
r_lou13 
space
space
$1,584 | Props total: 0 0
 Datni99ajeff said:
when keepin it real goes wrong
*cosigns*
 11 years ago '04        #154
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,138 | Props total: 9447 9447
 billieskeet said:
he shoulda been smart enough to realize the results of his comments. he had to know as a former nba player that those questions were comin eventually. and theyre are not bashin him cuz hes a public figure, theyre basin he said "gay ppl should not exist b/c im too insecure of my manhood to deal with it" in a nutshell. any1 who says that public or not will get bashed, if i went on tv now as a no name i would get bashed.
no doubt you'd get bashed. But you're not a public figure. You wouldn't get a fraction of the media coverage he did, and you wouldn't get a fraction of the consequences that he did. You think if you said you hate gay people, they would bar you from any NBA activity? No games, no all star weekend, no NBA camps or charity work. You'd prolly get some people to call up the radio station and bi*ch about your comments and in two days it'd all be forgotten.
That's the difference.

I agree with you that he should have been smart enought to know his position but still conduct himself in a rightfull manner.

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 02-16-2007 at 10:38 AM..
 02-16-2007, 11:18 AM         #155
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JeeQ said:
Homos3xuality is a sin before God
wat verse is that?
 02-16-2007, 11:29 AM         #156
JediKnight'sSon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DTP said:
Good.

Like, I'm not a fan of gays or whatever, but Hardaway is a fu*king IDIOT. Especially after what happened to Isaiah Washington.

what happened 2 isaiah?
 11 years ago '04        #157
jmood88 
space
space
$828 | Props total: 0 0
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
no doubt you'd get bashed. But you're not a public figure. You wouldn't get a fraction of the media coverage he did, and you wouldn't get a fraction of the consequences that he did. You think if you said you hate gay people, they would bar you from any NBA activity? No games, no all star weekend, no NBA camps or charity work. You'd prolly get some people to call up the radio station and bi*ch about your comments and in two days it'd all be forgotten.
That's the difference.
He worked for the nba. If anyone made comments like that while being affiliated with the nba the same thing would've happened to them. He's not banned from going to games or parties, he's banned from working at the allstar game.
 11 years ago '04        #158
jmood88 
space
space
 dmunson318 said:
since when is being gay ight? wtf is wrong with u idoits? god made men and women to reproduce all this gay sh*t is getting ridiculous. if u accept gays u might as well accept child molesters and pedofiles. but back to tim. if they didn't want to hear what a man had to say they shouldn't have never asked.
CHild molestors and gay people are two completely different things.
 11 years ago '04        #159
jmood88 
space
space
 dmunson318 said:
then what exactly does FREEDOM OF SPEECH mean then? if i can't say wtf i want where's the freedom? of coarse a soft son of a bi*ch will get offended by things people say, but there ain't sh*t you can about it except strip a man of his rights, and at the end of the day he gets fu*ked for trying to voice his opinion. amechi said he was glad that he was honest. the only one's offended is f*g lovers.
Tim wasn't kept from saying what he wanted to say so his freedom of speech rights weren't taken from him. There's something called tact which is what he should've used when he was asked. He had the freedom to talk and the nba had the freedom to respond.
 11 years ago '04        #160
jmood88 
space
space
One thing that I have to say is that if you're a black person and you talk about how you need civil rights but then turn around and say that gay people shouldn't be a part of America then you are being a hypocrite.

I'm black so before anyone says that I'm being racist, shut up.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
30 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
63 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
128 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
53 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
81 comments
22 hours ago