Feb 15 - NBA dumps 5 time All-star after gay comments, bar from all NBA Events

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
92 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-15-2007, 11:33 AM         #1
10067 pageviews
245 comments

DINER0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Feb 15 - NBA dumps 5 time All-star after gay comments, bar from all NBA Events

The NBA have removed Tim Hardaway from all league related appearances, after the five-time All-Star made derogatory comments about gays.

The former Miami Heat guard, had been part of the NBA's festivities ahead of Sunday's All-Star game in Las Vegas, but an interview he conducted with a Miami radio station has caused outrage in America.

Hardaway was asked how he would react to having a gay team-mate, in response to the recent news that former NBA centre John Amaechi has come out as being gay.

"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people," was Hardaway's response.

"I'm homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

"First of all, I wouldn't want [a gay man] on my team, and second of all, if he was on my team, I would really distance myself from him because I don't think that is right. I don't think he should be in the locker room while we are in the locker room.

"If you have 12 other ballplayers in your locker room who are upset and can't concentrate and are always worried about him in the locker room or on the court or whatever, it's going to be hard for your team-mates to win and accept him as a team-mate."

After the tirade, NBA commissioner David Stern confirmed that they would no longer be using Hardaway to promote the game on-behalf of the a.ssociation.

“It is inappropriate for him to be representing us given the disparity between his views and ours," Stern said in a statement to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Hardaway has since apologised for his comments.

“I regret it, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said I hate gay people or anything like that, that was my mistake," he told a local TV station in Miami.

Meanwhile, Amaechi, whose coming out led to Hardaway being quizzed on the issue, says the comments may actually lead to a more educated debate on the subject.

“Finally, someone who is honest”, he said.

“It is ridiculous, absurd, petty, bigoted, and shows a lack of empathy that is gargantuan and unfathomable, but it is honest, and it illustrates the problem better than any of the fuzzy language other people have used so far.”

[pic - click to view]

http://www.eurosport.com/ .. o1087828.shtml

245 comments for "Feb 15 - NBA dumps 5 time All-star after gay comments, bar from all NBA Events"

11 years ago '04        #2
XXX12_5xxx 
space
space
space
$98 | Props total: 0 0
dang...
 02-15-2007, 11:36 AM         #3
choob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lllloooollllll
 11 years ago '04        #4
Datni99ajeff 
space
space
$1,388 | Props total: 88 88
when keepin it real goes wrong
 02-15-2007, 11:40 AM         #5
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn Hardaway got sonned lol
 02-15-2007, 11:41 AM         #6
!ALLMONEYENT!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So what he hates gay people so what gays act like there a race and that the sh*t they do is normal! god put man on this earth to reproduce and man on man and female on female aint reproducing sh*t!
 11 years ago '04        #7
B1aze 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,903 | Props total: 181 181
tiiiimmmyyy!!!
 11 years ago '04        #8
DTP 
space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 0 0
Good.

Like, I'm not a fan of gays or whatever, but Hardaway is a fu*king IDIOT. Especially after what happened to Isaiah Washington.

11 years ago '05        #9
Htown_Koopa 
space
space
$2,679 | Props total: 16 16
I would have said the same thing
 11 years ago '04        #10
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,535 | Props total: 275 275
Dammmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnn
 11 years ago '04        #11
minimeblunts 
space
space
$4,710 | Props total: 11 11
yeah its def not NORMAL... NORMAL = MEN and FEMALE... BUT... amechie sonned timmy lol...
 02-15-2007, 11:52 AM         #12
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LMAO Damn the NBA sonned this dude!
 11 years ago '05        #13
A~team 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,778 | Props total: 1590 1590
 Htown_Koopa said:
I would have said the same thing
reral talk

if this n*gga was member of this site i would hit em up wit props
 11 years ago '04        #14
HUMAN_CRACK 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,365 | Props total: 119 119
when keepin it real goes wrong
 11 years ago '05        #15
lyrical.obsessi 
space
space
space
$2,496 | Props total: 0 0
 DTP said:
Good.

Like, I'm not a fan of gays or whatever, but Hardaway is a fu*king IDIOT. Especially after what happened to Isaiah Washington.

true story
 11 years ago '06        #16
Dead Prezidents 
space
space
$2,030 | Props total: 6 6

I just said it in the other thread "My dawg timmy done fu*ked up....There are gay people in a lot of high places"
 02-15-2007, 12:08 PM         #17
espionage  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
timmy timmy timmy....U know the gay mafia is gonna come down on ya!!! When he least expect it he's gonna see a rainbow then lights out!!!!

Some people should be seen and not heard.
 11 years ago '04        #18
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,771 | Props total: 1090 1090
Honestly he has a right to an opinion. Everybody doesn't have to accept everything. That's what freedom of speech is. And no one can really say anything otherwise. I mean Timmy may view gay s3x like animal s3x. He may find it unacceptable.

It's cool for the NBA to distance itself from him but if they think more players don't feel like him than feel the other way they're stupid. Also if the NBA is so for gay pride why don't they embrace the large gay WNBA population? PR is a bi*ch. When it's smart to denounce someone for speaking out against gays they ban him. But when it comes time to embrace gays in a sport thats run over with them the WNBA shys far far away from that because it goes against their "family values" theme and they think young girls might not watch it as much.

The NBA like every other capitalistic business is a damn hypocrite when PR and money is involved.
 11 years ago '04        #19
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9498 9498
God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
 11 years ago '04        #20
Kingbee1979 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,459 | Props total: 73 73
 !ALLMONEYENT! said:
So what he hates gay people so what gays act like there a race and that the sh*t they do is normal! god put man on this earth to reproduce and man on man and female on female aint reproducing sh*t!
Yeah but he representin the whole NBA somewhat so he needs to watch how he phrases sh*t... U know they dont like blatant HATE... and gay is so mainstream these days is it really that big a deal? in Most new locker rooms ive been in there is either a curtain or something --separate showers.. c'mon u that bent outta shape cuz someones MIGHT be lookin at you ? Then Shower at home or in a separate bathing quarters..... I think he has some underlyingissues actually...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy