Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
104 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-27-2007, 11:48 AM         #21
newport shortz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wish they didn't sign Jermaine Wiggins, Wrighster played great last year and I'm sure Lewis will come into his own, we don't really need a third tight end.
 11 years ago '04        #22
bigmeal  OP
space
space
space
$1,213 | Props total: 1408 1408
 newport shortz said:
I wish they didn't sign Jermaine Wiggins, Wrighster played great last year and I'm sure Lewis will come into his own, we don't really need a third tight end.
i would agreee with you on that one, but im thinking that they might just use wiggins as a blocker. And what happens if wrighster goes down? or lewis gets hurt again, then we got a great backup to step in and play at a high level. And he's versatile, because i know the vikings could use him as a fullback aswell, so in case something happens to greg jones again, he could fill that role. I think the jags are starting to learn that they need to bring in some key backups aswell as starters to help there team get better
 11 years ago '07        #23
LEX300 
space
space
$960 | Props total: 0 0
finally found a jaguars thread, let's keep this thing going
 11 years ago '04        #24
bigmeal  OP
space
space
space
Jags open at home vs. Titans
Colts here on Monday night

04/11/07

The Jacksonville Jaguars’ 2007 season is highlighted by three key matchups against their AFC South division rivals – at the beginning against Tennessee, in the middle against Indianapolis, and at the end against Houston. The team will open its 13th NFL regular season with two home games at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium for the second straight year, beginning September 9 against AFC South rival Tennessee at 1:00 p.m. on CBS followed by a week two game against the Atlanta Falcons. The Jaguars’ schedule also features a Monday Night game at home on ESPN against the defending Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts on Monday, October 22. The Jaguars close the regular season at Houston on December 30.

Fifteen of the Jaguars’ 16 regular season games during the 2007 season will be played on Sundays, with 13 scheduled for 1:00 p.m. ET kickoffs and two late afternoon games. The Jaguars will have back-to-back home games three times and will be faced with three consecutive road games. The schedule features five games against playoff teams from 2005 -- Indianapolis twice, as well as Kansas City, New Orleans and San Diego -- and 10 games against teams who finished .500 or better.

The Jaguars, who open the season at home for the third consecutive season, have back-to-back home games to start the season for the fourth time overall (1996, 2001, 2006). The Jaguars opened the 2006 season with wins against Dallas and Pittsburgh. The Jaguars' opener against Tennessee marks the sixth time that the Jaguars will open a regular season against a divisional opponent and first time since 2002. The Jaguars have played Tennessee more than any other NFL team (25 games). Except for the Jaguars’ inaugural game against the then-Houston Oilers, it will be the first time the teams have met to start the regular season. The Jaguars own the NFL’s best record on opening weekend with a 9-3 mark (.750 winning percentage in their 12-year history) and have won three consecutive opening day games. The Jaguars are also 9-3 in their home-openers.

Following the season-opener, the Jaguars will host Michael Vick and the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, September 16. It will be Atlanta’s second regular season game in Jacksonville, and the first since 1996 when the Jaguars advanced to the playoffs following a missed Morten Andersen field goal. The Jaguars will play their first road game on Sunday, September 23 at Denver before observing the bye week on September 30.

In October, the Jaguars will visit Kansas City on October 7 for a rematch of last year’s regular season finale. The Houston Texans visit Jacksonville Municipal Stadium on October 14 for an AFC South matchup. The Jaguars continue division play the following week as they host Indianapolis on October 22 on ESPN’s Monday Night Football. This will mark the sixth season in club history (1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2006) the Jaguars have faced the defending Super Bowl champion. The Jaguars defeated Pittsburgh last year on Monday Night Football at home in their last game against a defending Super Bowl champion. It will be the Jaguars’ 11th Monday Night game in team history as they have a 7-3 record.

The Jaguars conclude October with the first of three consecutive road games beginning on October 28 at Tampa Bay. The Jaguars have been faced with three consecutive road games twice since 2001 and the club has won all six games. The road swing continues with games at New Orleans on November 4 and at Tennessee on November 11. It will be the Jaguars’ first trip to the Louisiana Superdome since 1996. The Jaguars return home to face 2006 AFC West champion San Diego Chargers on November 18 before finishing the month of November at home against Buffalo on the 25th.

The Jaguars play three road games and two home games in December. The Jaguars travel to Indianapolis on December 2 for their second meeting of the season. Following the Colts game, the Jaguars will host Carolina on December 9. The Jaguars will play at Pittsburgh on December 16, the 12th time in 13 seasons the Jaguars have met the Steelers. It will be the latest the two teams have ever met at Pittsburgh.

Oakland will visit Jacksonville for the first time on December 23 in the Jaguars’ final home regular season game. The Jaguars close the 2007 regular season on the road at Houston on December 30. It will mark the seventh time in club history the Jaguars have concluded the regular season on the road, including seven times in the last eight seasons.

Schedule notes

- Of the Jaguars’ six division games, three each appear in the first half and the second half of the season. The Jaguars conclude the regular season against Houston, the sixth time in franchise history the club will finish with a division game.

- The Jaguars will play five of their eight road games in a seven-week span from September 23 through November 11.

- Five of the Jaguars’ first six games are against AFC opponents.

- The Jaguars will have a bye week on September 30, the earliest open date since 2002 (September 22).

- 13 of the Jaguars' 16 regular season games will be televised on CBS and locally on WTEV-TV. ESPN will broadcast one game with FOX airing the Atlanta and Carolina games at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium.

- The schedule features four playoff teams and five games against playoff teams on the schedule – the Colts twice, as well as the Chargers, Chiefs, and the Saints. All five of those games take place in a nine-week span from October 7 to December 2.

- The Jaguars will play consecutive road games two times in 2007 including three consecutive road games for the fifth time in franchise history (1997, 1998, 2001, 2005). The Jaguars have been faced with three consecutive road games twice since 2001 and the club has won all six games.

- The Jaguars will face Super Bowl champion Indianapolis twice (October 22, December 2). This will mark the sixth season in club history (1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2006) the Jaguars have faced the defending Super Bowl champion. The Jaguars defeated Pittsburgh last year on Monday Night Football at home in their last game against a defending Super Bowl champion.

- The Jaguars will have 10 games against teams who finished .500 or better in 2006, and four against division winners. The Jaguars will face division winners Indianapolis (AFC South, October 22), New Orleans (NFC South, November 4) and San Diego (AFC West, November 18) in a five-week span.

- The Jaguars will open the regular season at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium for the third consecutive season and the eighth time in club history. The Jaguars own the NFL's best record on opening weekend with a 9-3 mark (.750 winning percentage in their 12-year history) and have won three consecutive opening day games. The Jaguars are also 9-3 in their home-opener. In addition, it will be the earliest game against an AFC South opponent at home since the Jaguars opened the season against Indianapolis in 2002.

- The Jaguars are 61-35 all-time at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium including a 6-2 mark in 2006. The Jaguars are 41-55 overall on the road.

- The Jaguars will travel to New Orleans on November 4 to play at the Louisiana Superdome for the first time since 1996. The Jaguars will travel to in-state rival Tampa Bay for the second time in franchise history (1995).

- Oakland will visit Jacksonville for the first time on December 23. In addition, the Atlanta Falcons (September 16) and the Carolina Panthers (December 9) will visit Jacksonville Municipal Stadium for the first time since 1996.

- The Jaguars will play their 26th and 27th games against the Tennessee Titans (including playoffs), the most against any NFL team. In addition, the Jaguars will play at Pittsburgh on December 16, the 12th time in 13 seasons the Jaguars have met the Steelers.

- Of the Jaguars' eight regular-season road games, two will be played in a domed stadium on artificial turf (Indianapolis, New Orleans).

- The Jaguars will not play at the stadium of a New York based team for only the second time in club history (2001).

The Jaguars have played in 22 nationally televised prime time games in their 12 seasons with a 13-9 record, including a 11-5 mark at home. The Jaguars won their only two games under the lights in 2006 as they defeated Pittsburgh and the New York Giants.
 04-13-2007, 10:50 PM         #25
newport shortz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sep. 9
vs. Tennessee Titans Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
1:00
CBS

Sep. 16
vs. Atlanta Falcons Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
FOX

Sep. 23
at Denver Broncos Invesco Field at Mile High
4:05
CBS

Sep. 30

BYE

Oct. 7
at Kansas City Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium
CBS

Oct. 14
vs. Houston Texans Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
CBS

Oct. 22
vs. Indianapolis Colts Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
8:30
ESPN

Oct. 28
at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond James Stadium
4:05
CBS

Nov. 4
at New Orleans Saints Louisiana Superdome
CBS

Nov. 11
at Tennessee Titans LP Field
CBS

Nov. 18
vs. San Diego Chargers Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
CBS

Nov. 25
vs. Buffalo Bills Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
CBS

Dec. 2
at Indianapolis Colts RCA Dome
CBS

Dec. 9
vs. Carolina Panthers Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
FOX

Dec. 16
at Pittsburgh Steelers Heinz Field
CBS

Dec. 23
vs. Oakland Raiders Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
CBS

Dec. 30
at Houston Texans Reliant Stadium
CBS

What yall think of our schedule this year? Honestly, I don't see a game we could lose, but of course we will lose a few, but the playoffs are definitely in sight this year if everyone's healthy and our offense performs well.

Greg Jones Freddy T and Maurice Drew maaaaaan it doesn't get better than that at the RB position.
 11 years ago '04        #26
bigmeal  OP
space
space
space
i agree with the RB trio we got goin on now. i guess alot depends on how the passing game develops this year, like last year we had a bunch of injuries to our defense, but we still finished like 1st or 2nd in the league in defence. Leftwich, he has to stay healthy for us to have a strong push to the playoffs. He can really sling that ball, he just needs some time to throw, but the run game is really gunna help him out this year with the trio we got. it should be a good year i think, STAY HEALTHY JAGS!
 11 years ago '07        #27
LEX300 
space
space
Can't wait for that game against the colts on the 22nd of Oct, I will be in attendance.

The RB position is crazy, Hopefully Del Rio can spread them out all season. You know Fred will be injured, again
 04-15-2007, 03:35 AM         #28
newport shortz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LEX300 said:
Can't wait for that game against the colts on the 22nd of Oct, I will be in attendance.

The RB position is crazy, Hopefully Del Rio can spread them out all season. You know Fred will be injured, again
Comes my next question...

Who's going to a game this year? Carolina versus Jacksonville, wish it was in Carolina to make the trip easier on me, but I am definitely gonna try to get my a.ss there.
 11 years ago '07        #29
gorilla_proof 
space
space
$300 | Props total: 0 0
the jags are the paper champions...they have alot of talent thanks to picking in the top 15-20 part of the draft for some time now'

i dont think its there yr to over throw indy...but i do see them making a good run for the post season again'
 11 years ago '05        #30
K. Fraze 
space
space
$870 | Props total: 0 0
i hope reggie williams steps up this year

our backfield is crazy though....

how yall feel about Sensabaugh starting?
 11 years ago '05        #31
iCON216 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,647 | Props total: 42 42
Jaguars | Team likely to target defense in draft
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:32:44 -0700

Michael C. Wright, of the Florida Times-Union, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars will prioritize the defensive side of the football with the No. 17 overall pick in the NFL Draft.
 11 years ago '07        #32
gorilla_proof 
space
space
$300 | Props total: 0 0
that Justin Durant pick was a reach i think since buster davis would have been a perfect fit in for them because he can play outside or inside
 11 years ago '05        #33
K. Fraze 
space
space
$870 | Props total: 0 0
durant will be fine...

im loving our moves so far
 11 years ago '04        #34
bigmeal  OP
space
space
space
yeah the jags did a good job, getting there man in reggie nelson, and they got a 3rd round pick and 6th round pick, just for movin back 4 slots, an they still got the guy they wanted. an i was watchin the 3rd round yesterday, they traded one of the third round picks they got from denver, traded to baltimore, for like a 4th rounder and a 6th rounder. so now heading into today's second half of the draft, they got 10 picks left, beat that!!
 04-30-2007, 01:36 AM         #35
newport shortz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We had a good draft... filled all our apparent needs and hopefully brought in some talent.

I had this feeling we we're going to target Chris Leak or Troy Smith since they were still on the board very late int he draft.

sucks 4 Troy Smith, how you going to win the Heisman be in a draft commercial and get snagged in the 6th round haha
 11 years ago '04        #36
bigmeal  OP
space
space
space
Jags roster just got stronger
True speed at WR

By Vic Ketchman, jaguars.com senior editor
04/29/07

Minutes after he had made his final pick of the 2007 draft, James Harris stood back and surveyed his work.

“We think we addressed several needs. We feel we added depth and competition. We added some speed at wide receiver and we got a play-making safety,” Harris told reporters.

It is, to say the least, a most interesting collection of football talent that Harris, coach Jack Del Rio and the Jaguars personnel department a.ssembled. What’s so interesting about it? Here’s what.

In third-round pick Mike Walker and seventh-rounder John Broussard, the Jaguars drafted two players who immediately become the fastest wide receivers on the team. Walker ran a 4.35 at the scouting combine and Harris said Broussard had run a 4.34 for the Jaguars.
If speed was the theme – when isn’t it the theme? – the Jaguars also added a couple of linebackers who can run. Seventh-rounder Chad Nkang offers the potential to be a special teams demon, while second-rounder Justin Durant is right in the Jaguars’ mold of small, speedy, versatile linebackers.
Fourth-round defensive end/linebacker Brian Smith is a risk/reward pick that offers a lot more reward than risk. Smith was on his way to the Big 12 all-time sacks record last season when he broke his hip. He actually played on it for three games until it was diagnosed. The Jaguars expect him to make a full recovery by training camp. They thought he might’ve been the best pure pass-rusher in the draft.
First-round draft choice Reggie Nelson addresses an immediate need at safety and fifth-rounder Josh Gattis offers long-term depth and competition at the position. Can you say set for a long time at safety?
Fourth-rounder Adam Podlesh should erase the punting problem.
Fifth-rounder Uche Nwaneri and seventh-rounder Andrew Carnahan are offensive linemen for the future.
Fifth-round defensive tackle Derek Landri has a motor that just won’t quit

Everything about this draft has a good taste to it. So why did Harris leave his post-draft press conference with a bad taste in his mouth?

The answer to that question is easy: For the second consecutive day, the media badgered Harris about having passed on quarterback Brady Quinn.

“He was bypassed because we felt Reggie (Nelson) was the best choice for us at that time,” Harris said.

“We like the three quarterbacks we have. We have a new coaching staff (passing game). We’re looking forward to seeing how that goes,” Harris added.

Harris wouldn’t have endured any such media badgering this weekend had Quinn simply been drafted as high as expected. If only Miami had taken Quinn at number nine.

“We were surprised to see him fall that far,” Harris said, referring to the fact Quinn wasn’t selected until Cleveland traded into the 22nd spot, after the Jaguars had passed on Quinn twice, at 17 and 21.

The Quinn thing is high-profile; everybody wants to talk about it. He is, after all, a quarterback.

What shouldn’t go unnoticed, however, is that the Jaguars further strengthened an already strong roster. Del Rio agrees.

“We definitely made our roster stronger, faster. The one area we absolutely had to address was safety,” he said.

What about wide receiver, where the Jaguars have now selected six players in the last four drafts?

“I like our guys,” Del Rio said of his veteran wide receivers, which includes Dennis Northcutt, who was added in free agency this year. “We just added to our guys. We’ll give them a chance to see where they fit.”

Watching how all of this fits is going to be, well, very interesting.
 11 years ago '07        #37
LEX300 
space
space
Good Draft, I hope Reggie Nelson makes an impact and holds down Safety, Rasheen needs some help
 11 years ago '04        #38
bigmeal  OP
space
space
space
Hanson released
Punter spent six seasons in Jax

05/02/07

The Jacksonville Jaguars today released punter Chris Hanson. The seventh-year veteran had spent the past six seasons in Jacksonville after signing as a veteran free agent on August 18, 2001.

Hanson, 29, played in all 16 games in 2006 and recorded 72 punts for 2,920 yards with a 40.6-yard average. In his 85 career games in Jacksonville, he has 424 punts for 18,190 yards with a 43.0-yard average. In 2002, he was named to the Pro Bowl and joined Bryan Barker (1997) as the only two Jaguars punters to be named to the Pro Bowl. He played in one game with Green Bay in 1999.

The Jaguars’ roster now stands at 87 players after adding 19 rookies to the roster including 11 draft picks and eight rookie free agents.
 11 years ago '04        #39
bigmeal  OP
space
space
space
Leftwich has the answers
Jaguars begin OTA’s

05/08/07

It was a much-anticipated press conference and it disappointed no one.

Byron Leftwich sat in front of the Jacksonville media on Tuesday and answered every question with an air-clearing frankness. Tuesday morning, of course, Leftwich led the Jaguars onto the field for the team’s first OTA (organized team activity) practice of the spring.

His appearance ended a more-than-two-month wait for a reaction to having been reinstated as the Jaguars’ starting quarterback. Coach Jack Del Rio made that announcement on Feb. 22. Since then, there had only been silence from Leftwich, until Tuesday.

“I always thought there was no reason to react because I always felt that way. It was no news to me. They believe I’m the best option at quarterback for this team to win. I felt that way all the time,” Leftwich said.

He was back under center on Tuesday and Leftwich said his weight is at 247 pounds. The team’s 2006 media guide listed Leftwich at 242 pounds, though that figure may have been wishful thinking.

So, is he lighter? Yeah, he looked a little more trim, but it’s not as though anyone had trouble identifying him. The media knew exactly who he was when he walked into the room. Same Byron; right to the point.

“My motivation is to make sure I play 16 games. If you miss as many games as I have the last two years, there’s going to be doubt,” Leftwich said.

Leftwich missed 10 games last season, after missing the final five games of the 2005 season. He was injured early in the first quarter of game 11 of the ’05 season, so, including that game, Leftwich has missed a full season in two years.

The ankle injury that sidelined him in ’06 was somewhat mysterious. Tuesday, Leftwich said the injury was residual damage from the fractured ankle he sustained in ’05. Loose particles resulted from the ’05 broken ankle and Leftwich began to experience pain in the ankle following a week-four game in Washington last season.

“In the playoff game (’05 season), I felt no pain. After the Washington game, I felt pain,” Leftwich said. “The ankle over time … it went as far as it could go. If I had to do it all over, I probably would have the surgery before last year.”

Leftwich’s season came to an end last year when he opted to have surgery on the ankle and begin his offseason rehabilitation. He said he was already pain-free in December and feeling as though he was capable of playing.

“Totally recovered,” he said of his ankle. “No pain, no nothing in the ankle. This is the best my ankle has felt in three years.”

He appeared to move freely and without encumbrance during Tuesday morning’s workout, as he threw to a collection of wide receivers that included one significant new player, free-agent acquisition Dennis Northcutt. “He looked real good out there,” Northcutt said of Leftwich.

It was a new day in a lot of ways. Leftwich was back on the field and with a fresh attitude, and he was joined by a gaggle of new offensive coaches, including coordinator Dirk Koetter and quarterbacks coach Mike Shula. It was a good day to clear the air and move in a new direction.

What about his relationship with Del Rio?

“When you look at the big picture here and winning football games, it doesn’t really matter,” Leftwich said. “I’m not saying the relationship is good or bad. It’s just not relevant to what we’re trying to do here.

“I don’t call Jack and say meet me at the bar and we’ll have a drink, but I respect him as a coach. I don’t want to make it a distraction,” Leftwich said.

What about his future beyond the 2007 season? Does he want to remain the Jaguars’ starting quarterback?

“I would love that, but that’s not my decision,” he said. “I’m going to focus on this year. I feel if I do that, we will be as successful as we should be. I can’t begin to focus on the future. The only thing that’s been guaranteed me is this next year.”

Leftwich said the team has not approached him about negotiating a new contract.

“I can only worry about that one year left on my contract. I’m trying not to get my focus on things that don’t really matter,” he added.

man i really hope byron comes in this season an just starts to light it up wit the passing game, thats all we really didnt have goin for us last year. Hope he stays healthy year, an maybe we could win in the playoffs, then byron would get a new contract, we'll wait an see what happens
 11 years ago '04        #40
bigmeal  OP
space
space
space
Walker, Broussard gain notice
Rookies join vets at mini-camp

05/12/07

Competition would seem to be the theme of this year’s spring practice season and summer training camp, and that competition began in full on Saturday morning, as Jaguars rookies joined veterans for the start of mini-camp.

“I feel like we have a young, talented group,” coach Jack Del Rio said of his wide receivers. “I think we have competition across the board on our roster.”

The rookies’ arrival heightened the drama, especially at wide receiver, where third-round draft choice Mike Walker and seventh-rounder John Broussard quickly gained attention. Walker made a leaping, twisting catch along the sideline, while Broussard flashed speed the Jaguars previously didn’t have at the position.

“Strong hands to the ball,” Del Rio said of Walker. “We saw that on tape and we saw that right away today. In traffic, he’s a real threat.

“(Broussard) is legitimately fast. He was probably the fastest guy on the field. The speed was evident. Any time you can run like that, you’re going to get a good look,” Del Rio said of Broussard.

“Right now, they’re talking about me as a speed guy who can stretch the field, but I can do a lot of other stuff, too,” Broussard told reporters after practice.

Free-agent acquisition Dennis Northcutt was impressive in the team’s three-day passing camp and took his game up a level on Saturday. He may be the Jaguars’ best receiver.

Wide receiver is expected to be a position of intense competition this summer. Reggie Williams and Matt Jones are the holdover starters and Ernest Wilford caught 36 passes last season. Jones sat out a portion of today’s practice with a quad strain........
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
163 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy