When to take Muscle Milk?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
163 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
86770 pageviews
21 comments

DEscalade 
space
space
$2,345 | Props total: 11 11
When to take Muscle Milk?

I decided to try the CytoSport MuscleMilk instead of traditional whey protein.... just to see how it worked.

My main main goal at the gym is to drop 15-20 lbs at the gym and I alternate with lifting and cardio every other day 5 times a week.

The bottle says to take the muscle milk before workout, after workout, and right before bed. Since its pretty high in fat I figured this would not be best for me to do.

My boy was telling me I should take it before bed because it will break down faster in your sleep ....... but when I was talking traditional whey protein I just took it immediatly after workouts.

So if my goal is to loose weight how often should I be talking this

21 comments for "When to take Muscle Milk?"

11 years ago '05        #2
LaZYazNbOi 
space
space
space
$359 | Props total: 2 2
If you're trying to lose weight, I wouldn't even take it. It has tons of carbs and tons of calories. I definitely wouldn't take it before bed, because that's when your metabolism slows down. If you want boosts during your workout, take it a half an hour to an hour before your workout. If you want it to help your muscle recovery more, take it immediately after your workout.
 02-13-2007, 12:59 AM         #3
BigScorer1230 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Like the other guy said I wouldn't even take that if you're trying to lose weight... When I cut I take my protein with water 30 min. before and within 30 min. after working out. Even now I'm in my bulking phase but I'm doing a clean bulk so I still take my protein with water... every now and then I'll use milk but not very often. Also, if you're wanting something for recovery you should get some glutamine and take that in your post workout protein shake. It helps repair the muscle fibers you tore quicker.
 02-13-2007, 06:36 PM         #4
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Unless you trying to gain a substantial amount of muscle mass take it once a day as a meal replacement, and never take it before bed.. Although its not as bad for you eating before bed as people once believed, if your tryin to gain a toned out image by losing weight dont drink it before bed. I used to take it in the morning when i woke up because i later burnt off the calories I had taken in. If you like eating egg whites in the morning, take the muscle milk right after you work out because your body has a need for carbs and calories after you have ripped your muscles. Eather way Muscle Milk is the sh*ttt! But use it wisely cause the fat side of it.
 11 years ago '06        #5
dperkins64 
space
space
$279 | Props total: 0 0
U can take it up to an hour before you work out with water or low fat milk and in the same afterwards during workout. it is high in carbs but they burn easy if ur goin about the workout rite
 02-15-2007, 01:37 AM         #6
eNcrypTioN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
take it in the morning or before a workout... def don't take it before bed
 11 years ago '04        #7
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,457 | Props total: 6607 6607
They also have Muscle Milk light now....

I usually just take it once a day as a meal replacement...usually in the morning or early afternoon
 11 years ago '05        #8
couplewords 
space
space
$1,072 | Props total: 0 0
most of yall are completely wrong....seems like yall are trying to lose weight. Listen to your friend he's right. Take it before you go to bed...not eating before bed is a urban myth proved wrong 10 years ago. Muscle milk is casien protein which your body burns all day. It will prevent your muscles from being eatin at night by your body (breakfast is called that because its breaking your fast from sleeping 8-10 hours). Your body shouldn't go that long without food when your trying to put on muscle mass. Take whey protein throughout the day (before/after workouts) and casein protein at night. You could also just eat egg whites/milk or cottage cheese before you go to bed as a cheap alternative. you can find most of this at the bodybuilding.com articles.
 11 years ago '04        #9
UADEnd95 
space
space
$872 | Props total: 0 0
 couplewords said:
most of yall are completely wrong....seems like yall are trying to lose weight. Listen to your friend he's right. Take it before you go to bed...not eating before bed is a urban myth proved wrong 10 years ago. Muscle milk is casien protein which your body burns all day. It will prevent your muscles from being eatin at night by your body (breakfast is called that because its breaking your fast from sleeping 8-10 hours). Your body shouldn't go that long without food when your trying to put on muscle mass. Take whey protein throughout the day (before/after workouts) and casein protein at night. You could also just eat egg whites/milk or cottage cheese before you go to bed as a cheap alternative. you can find most of this at the bodybuilding.com articles.
Thats right, muscle milk has a mix of proteins called Evapro that has casein protein in it, u digest whey protein like an hour after you take it, the casein protein takes about 8 hours to digest making it good to take before bed... the reason its good before bed is because u repair muscle while you sleep, and u need protein to repair muscles
 03-06-2007, 09:22 PM         #10
NDN_Ali 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i know muscle milk has a nice lil bit of fat in it.. but isn't it a good fat. like a kind of fat that works with your stored fat. i was hearing something like that about it.
 03-11-2007, 09:09 PM         #11
panz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
take it prior to your workout. when you take it before protein synthesis is enhanced so you build up more muscle. also studys have shown that you burn fat for up to 6 hours after working out so you shouldnt trip about the fat in the drink.
 03-11-2007, 09:11 PM         #12
panz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NDN_Ali said:
i know muscle milk has a nice lil bit of fat in it.. but isn't it a good fat. like a kind of fat that works with your stored fat. i was hearing something like that about it.
its about half saturated and unsaturated fat. saturated is bad unsaturated is good.
 11 years ago '04        #13
Jasonb619 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 60 60
only thing i hate is when i take muscle milk before bed I wake up in the morning having to pee like a mofo
 11 years ago '05        #14
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
everyone keeps sayin dont take it before bed, but my bottle says to do so. u fast while your sleeping and muscle milk does something to help control your fast or something like that. mine says take before and after workouts and take right before bed.
 11 years ago '06        #15
jgamel81 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 0 0
i take it within an hour after i workout and a little while b/f i go to bed. it has been working so far, i'm on my second bottle. the package even suggests you take it b/f bed to keep your body in an anabolic(burn fat) state. usually when you sleep you go into a catabolic state where your body feeds of your muscle while you sleep. im' also taking t-bomb with it...
 11 years ago '05        #16
LaZYazNbOi 
space
space
space
$359 | Props total: 2 2
 couplewords said:
That might be true, but your metabolism slows down when sleeping. With the 1000~ calories you get from Muscle Milk, you won't be losing weght by drinking it.
 05-10-2007, 10:57 AM         #17
williams31 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i tried that sh*t once and it gave me the most massive stomach ache ever....havent drank it since
 11 years ago '05        #18
couplewords 
space
space
ain't it somethin like 340 calories in it....drink one shake at night before bed man...and thats it. If you starve yourself during sleep your body will just go into starvation mode and keep all the fat for itself. you HAVE to keep your body fed or your metabolism will slow down...8 hours is too long for your body to go without fuel...especially if your trying to loose weight.
 11 years ago '04        #19
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,272 | Props total: 273 273
by the way....your friend worded it wrong or he understands it wrong. if muscle milk is casein protein, it digests SLOWER not faster. which is why its good to take it before bed since for 7-8 hours of sleepin you wont be eating any food
 11 years ago '05        #20
couplewords 
space
space
***to lazyanboi....Thats just a myth...your body doesn't really slow down when you sleep...after a workout...your still burnin high rev for a couple days-all the time...Thats why some mr.olympia type dudes set their alarm in the middle of the night to get more food just to make sure their body still has food for energy (so you wont tap into your muscles for fuel). And you shouldn't take it post workout because when your body is in that state it sucks up anything you put in it. Fat is the one thing you should never have in a postworkout meal (5-10 after a workout)....but perfect for the post/postworkout meal (1hr- 1 1/2 hr)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
8 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy