Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
106 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-19-2007, 06:21 PM         #61
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn just got word Clinton got Tendinitis in his knee and they checkin on him.
 05-23-2007, 08:10 PM         #62
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wade Makes Move to Left Guard
By Gary Fitzgerald
Redskins.com
May 23, 2007

When Todd Wade opted to re-sign with the Redskins last March, the longtime offensive tackle agreed to move to left guard.

Wade, a seven-year NFL veteran, has never played guard in his pro career. There's a reason for that. His 6-8, 317-pound frame appears to be best-suited for playing tackle.

Moving inside, he'll be the tallest guard in the NFL. Derrick Dockery, who started at left guard last year before departing to Buffalo via free agency, stood at 6-6, so there won't be a significant difference.

Todd Wade (Don Wright Photo)
With tackles Chris Samuels and Jon Jansen entrenched on the Redskins' offensive line, Wade knew his only chance for a starting opportunity was at guard.

On the interior, Wade will need to angle his body lower to get better leverage against burly defensive tackles.

"I'm 6-8, so it's something I have to deal with," he said. "I feel like I'm doing a good job of it--playing lower--but I'm not where I want to be. I just need to focus on my technique and go from there."

Any difficulty for quarterback Jason Campbell, who stands at 6-5 himself?

"He shouldn't have a problem with [seeing over me]--it's more about me blocking my [opponent] and staying lower than they are," he said. "So I haven't been hit in the back of the head with any passes yet."

Wade first joined the Redskins just prior to the 2006 season, adding quality depth at tackle. He was coming off a 2005 knee injury and had been released by the Houston Texans.

He backed up Jansen last season, starting one game when Jansen was sidelined with a hip injury.

Wade's strong blocking Week 15 at New Orleans--a 16-10 win for the Redskins--impressed Redskins coaches and convinced them that Wade was worth retaining. To replace Dockery, coaches wanted a veteran, and Wade fit the bill.

Wade made no secret earlier this offseason that he wanted to land a starting job at tackle. In the end, it was the Redskins that offered the best chance to start, even though it was at guard.

"There was [some hesitation]," Wade admitted. "It's something I spoke with Coach Gibbs about, and when I decided to come back here, I decided to be a guard 100 percent."

It should help that he has familiarity with Samuels, Casey Rabach, Randy Thomas and Jansen.

"It definitely helps out that we've played together for a while," he said. "It's the same terminology, too. I'm getting better each day."

Wade is expected to compete for the left guard spot with Mike Pucillo, Will Whitticker, Taylor Whitley and Ross Tucker in training camp.

Should Wade earn the left guard job, he'll make his first start at guard against the Miami Dolphins on Sept. 9. Wade began his NFL career as a second-round draft choice of the Dolphins in the 2000 NFL Draft.
 05-23-2007, 09:04 PM         #63
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3000 said:
Damn just got word Clinton got Tendinitis in his knee and they checkin on him.
It's "tendonitis" my dude...just trying to help out.:D
 11 years ago '07        #64
spanishflip703 
space
space
$694 | Props total: 0 0
redskins suck!!!!!! DALLAS COWBOYS ALL DAY!!!!!
 11 years ago '04        #65
sugewhite  OP
space
space
$542 | Props total: 0 0
OK.........
Dallas can't beat Gibbs!!!!
 05-26-2007, 06:06 PM         #66
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sugewhite said:
OK.........
Dallas can't beat Gibbs!!!!
:rolleyes: Man please, Gibbs needs a walker.
 06-08-2007, 08:46 PM         #67
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i want to see that hard hittin saftey yall got form the draft in action
 10 years ago '04        #68
trill1 
space
space
$2,732 | Props total: 398 398
we going to the super bowl this year
 06-17-2007, 09:28 PM         #69
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
By Gary Fitzgerald
Redskins.com
June 16, 2007

Jason Campbell may only be a third-year quarterback, but he appears to have the confidence of a veteran. During Redskins mini-camp, he threw crisp passes, one after the other, into the arms of his receivers--all in a perfect rhythm.

Even after one of his throws was picked off by a defender, Campbell was not rattled. He listened attentively, without ego, to a.ssociate head coach-offense Al Saunders, and then got back under center.

This was Campbell's first mini-camp as the Redskins' designated starting quarterback.

This was also Campbell's first showcase of all his off-season work. For months, he has worked closely with Saunders and quarterbacks coach Bill Lazor.

On the field, Campbell focused on fundamentals and technique, working on his crouch behind center--he tends to squat too much--and his footwork and throwing motion.

In the classroom, he spent hours studying the offensive playbook. Each day, it was something different: red zone, short yardage, two-minute offense.

Of course, in OTAs and mini-camps, rarely do defenders disrupt the offensive rhythm. There's no hitting, obviously, and defenders aren't putting their hands in Campbell's face.

Jason Campbell (AP Photo)
There is no simulation of game days.

That aside, Campbell has shown marked improvement this offseason.

It has helped knowing his role as the Redskins' starter. He comes into mini-camp, training camp and the 2007 season with a purpose.

"It means a lot, if you want to talk about the timing and rhythm of the offense," he said after a mini-camp practice. "I've had the opportunity to go through the whole offseason running with the first team, and get accommodated with the receivers, seeing my ball thrown to them, seeing their body language and how they come out of their breaks."

Added head coach Joe Gibbs: "He has had more time in the system. He's more comfortable mentally. What you work with quarterbacks on is the mental aspect of it and quickening things up. His overall confidence is much better. "

Does Campbell see, or feel, that he is making progress?

"A lot of [making progress] comes with being able to know more of the offense, being able to play with your ability," he said. "You go back and watch my film from last year, as far as dropping back and then throwing the ball, it was totally different. A lot of it had to do with the fact that I was still in a learning process.

"Now I know a lot more, I know what I am doing. I'm able to get back a lot quicker and make a quicker decision."

Campbell believes he is at the point in his development where his reads need to be automatic. He wants to be on the same page as his receivers, even before they run their routes.

Campbell is talking with Santana Moss, Antwaan Randle El and other receivers about meeting in Miami during July, away from the controlled environment of mini-camp, to work on the passing game together.

"You want to build chemistry," he said. "You want to build unity and what I mean by that is, you know what the receiver is thinking on certain plays, and he knows what you're thinking. It can go a long way, because you are not second-guessing each other.

"Hopefully, you are making one true decision."

Moss has been slowed by a groin injury the last month, so he has not had as much time to work with Campbell.

"I think that any time you can get away from this kind of atmosphere, but working on the same things that you're working on [at mini-camp], it's great because you can form a bond," Moss said.

Once the regular season arrives, all of Campbell's off-season work will be put to the test.

He is careful not to get too far ahead of himself.

"You do not want to get beside yourself and think that you are accomplishing things that you haven't," he said. "You are trying to put yourself up there in a position to try to help the team win next year.

"Right now, I hear from the Redskins fans and all I hear is, 'We're looking for a great season, a great season.' That's motivation, because you feel like we are all a family. You feel like if you let one person down, then you let everyone down.

"I want to be that person who strives hard and makes sure on Sundays that I am doing everything I can to help the Redskins win."
 10 years ago '04        #70
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
Top Redskins pick Landry misses practice with paintball injury

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- A paintball shot in the groin left rookie LaRon Landry unable to practice when the Washington Redskins opened their minicamp Friday.

The No. 6 overall pick in this year's draft was injured during a team-building outing Wednesday, when coach Joe Gibbs allowed the players to leave early at the end of the voluntary spring workouts. Some players went bowling or had lunch together, while many of the defensive players went to play paintball.

ADVERTISEMENT
"I didn't know paintball was that dangerous," linebacker Marcus Washington said. "I hope it wasn't friendly fire."

Landry was on the sidelines when practice began, but within minutes he left and began laboring slowly up the hill toward the team's main building, appearing to favor his left leg.

Gibbs said Landry should be fine after a couple of days' rest.

"It's kind of bizarre," Gibbs said. "Almost anything can happen in life, so every now and then something like that does happen."

wat a bad one....
 06-19-2007, 05:47 PM         #71
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Triple6Raidr305 said:
Top Redskins pick Landry misses practice with paintball injury

wat a bad one....
its sad for real Its good the future doesn't rest on him or wed be fu*ked.
 06-22-2007, 09:59 PM         #72
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fred Smoot has always been known for his outgoing personality with Redskins fans and teammates and his playful banter with the media.

Then Smoot went away to Minnesota, and life changed him.

He's still outgoing and playful. He even vows that "Smoot Smack," his brand of trash talking on and off the field, will be back.

But the new Fred Smoot is more humble.

Smoot left the Redskins in March 2005 to sign with the Vikings. He found himself involved in the so-called "Love Boat" controversy that grabbed national headlines. He struggled to make an impact on the field, grabbing just three interceptions in two seasons.

Then, on Nov. 5, 2006, his 20-year-old half-brother Matthew died in a car accident in Jackson, Miss. Smoot found out about it shortly after the Vikings' Week 9 game against San Francisco.

The accident took a toll on Smoot, who admits he went into a depression.

Fred Smoot (Don Wright Photo)
"Believe that? Smiling Fred Smoot goes into a depression," he said. "It happened. I was down, and that's when I decided [to return to the Redskins]. I went to the front office and told [Vikings management] I didn't want to be there anymore.

"We needed to work something out. I came back here and now the smile is back."

Smoot says his experience in Minnesota, and his half-brother's tragic death, has changed him.

"I'm the same old Fred Smoot, just a smarter person," he said. "You can't ever take stuff for granted. You never know when your time will come, and that's way beyond what football is all about.

"I play for my brother, I play for me, I play for my folks, and I play for the people watching. I go out there to have fun. That's my thing."

Smoot had plenty of fun in his first four seasons with the Redskins. He logged 16 interceptions from 2001-04, playing along-side the likes of Darrell Green, Champ Bailey and Shawn Springs, and established himself as a vocal presence and team leader.

Smoot endeared himself to Redskins fans by playing through injuries, including a painful sternum injury in 2003.

Now that Smoot's back, the memories return with him. He has embraced the changes within him--and the changes with the Redskins.

"They put a couple new buildings up [at Redskins Park]," he said. "But other than that, there are a lot of the same players, and a lot of players that I want to be playing with.

"We have a lot more talent. We have a lot of guys with different mind frames. You can tell by the things we say to each other and how we challenge each other in practice every day."

Now that Smoot is a regular again at Redskins Park, he's eager to remind fans what he brings to the table.

"I'm not wearing my [jersey] number [21], but I still love the color," he said. "It feels good. It's just like coming back home. It's a breath of fresh air. I can't wait to walk back into FedExField. I know I'll have a warm welcome when I go back there."
 10 years ago '04        #73
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
 Andre3000 said:
its sad for real Its good the future doesn't rest on him or wed be fu*ked.
well it's good to know the redskins are heading "straight?" for a joyful season hehe

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

06-25-2007, 09:29 PM         #74
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
your making fun of him now but hell be murdering ur defenses this season so watch and learn how real TE do it lol iLLuZiOnZ1313 I cant wait for the 1st game of the season thats when Sean wants to show off :rolleyes: :rasta:

(That sh*t is really gay tho)
 07-15-2007, 06:35 PM         #75
Kalif 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
redskin fan 4 life good or bad. Redskin fans are die hard fans and we are here to stay so stop talking that sh%% it's our time now, all we needed was a QB and now we have it!!
 10 years ago '04        #76
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1

[pic - click to view]

God I love the offseason
 08-10-2007, 03:26 PM         #77
feardafoot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 garrett s said:
Hopefully We Can Actually Win More Than 6 Games Next Year ,,, Skins Are An Embarrassment Since I've Been Born

Is A Playoff Win Too Much To Ask For?????

The Win Over Bucs A Few Years Back Doesnt Count In My Mind Cuz They Plaed Like a.ss That Game And The Nextgame Vs Seattle

Gibbs Better Get Those Boys In Shape For Next Year
I love my skins but the Counter Trey don't work no more. I'd love to see a short passing game from the skins. Open up the big runs for Portis. Some kinda change up anyway.
 08-14-2007, 02:09 AM         #78
FaceMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

08-14-2007, 07:12 AM         #79
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
is laundy gona start?
 10 years ago '04        #80
Aftashok 
space
space
$8,321 | Props total: 53 53
 QueenzBaller26 said:
is laundy gona start?
he should.....

...and umm, i'm not really a big Redskins fan, but now my HS teammate and homeboy Landry is there, so i guess that automatically makes me a fan.....i also like Sean Taylor....but anyway, check this:
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
163 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy