Image(s) inside Criminals Canít Wait To Be Arrested By This Sexy NY Cop
74 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jan 22 - General Mattis has already executed 31 air strikes on ISIS
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Apparently fine young lady is a Kindergarten teacher.
14 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chef Game takes making a grilled cheese sandwich to a different level...
22 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-28-2007, 01:41 PM         #61
RDX420629 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 04-28-2007, 02:28 PM         #62
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 04-28-2007, 04:45 PM         #63
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t aint gona work out
 10 years ago '04        #64
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,169 | Props total: 1 1
with Mike Williams officially being traded to the Titans, Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Mike Furrey and Michael Robinson should tear it up.....

well.....atleast statistically and on paper they should.
 04-28-2007, 06:41 PM         #65
Bigdawg76 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm just the Lions kept Tampa's Hands off of CJ. Thanks Lions
 10 years ago '04        #66
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,622 | Props total: 4 4
Mike Williams = GONE
Josh McCown = GONE

Oakland just made a trade with us...

Now who are we getting in return?
 04-28-2007, 08:13 PM         #67
BobbyNitro808 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn yall got ikaika alama-francis congrats i was hoping he would go to the saints but yeah i went to school wit dat dude, he's a beast on the d-line
 04-28-2007, 08:16 PM         #68
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BobbyNitro808 said:
damn yall got ikaika alama-francis congrats i was hoping he would go to the saints but yeah i went to school wit dat dude, he's a beast on the d-line
yess sirr gotta represent
 10 years ago '07        #69
gorilla_proof 
space
space
$300 | Props total: 0 0
 BobbyNitro808 said:
seem like a reach since he was projected to go any where from 5-7...hes rangy to me there was better DE/LB tweener types still on the board'
 04-28-2007, 08:29 PM         #70
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gorilla_proof said:
seem like a reach since he was projected to go any where from 5-7...hes rangy to me there was better DE/LB tweener types still on the board'
most mock drafts had him going 2nd -3rd
 10 years ago '04        #71
..:Fame:.. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,952 | Props total: 641 641
Im embrassed to be in this thread...... :(
 10 years ago '04        #72
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,455 | Props total: 72 72
Lions QB Kitna happy with first look at Calvin Johnson
May 16, 2007

Detroit Lions quarterback Jon Kitna throws during football practice at minicamp in Allen Park, Mich., Tuesday, May 15, 2007.
AP - May 15, 7:11 pm EDT
More Photos

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) -- Jon Kitna got his first look at Calvin Johnson on Tuesday.

He was very happy with what he saw.

The Detroit Lions quarterback got to work with the draft's No. 2 pick at the first practice of a three-day minicamp.

"He's certainly going to be used to the best of his ability this year," Kitna said. "He's going to give us a lot of options."

Kitna acknowledged he couldn't get too excited after one non-contact workout, but he was impressed.

ADVERTISEMENT
"He didn't break the huddle with the baffled look that most first-year guys have when they are trying to learn ... (offensive coordinator Mike) Martz's offense," he said. "Heck, there are guys who have been working on it for a year that still don't always know what to do, but Calvin knew where he was supposed to be. He's obviously been doing his homework."

Johnson joins a revamped receiving corps built around Roy Williams and Mike Furrey, who combined for 180 catches, 2,396 yards and 13 touchdowns last season.

"Those are two men that proved what they can do last year," Lions coach Rod Marinelli said. "We don't need to ask what they are capable of doing, because they've done it. It is on film."

Detroit also added veterans Shaun McDonald, who played for Martz in St. Louis, and Marcus Robinson, who has 43 touchdowns in a 10-year career. They also picked up a pair of experienced running backs in Tatum Bell and former Michigan State star T.J. Duckett.

"This is exactly what you like to see as a quarterback," Kitna said. "I don't feel like I have to do everything by myself. I just have to get the ball into their hands."

The Lions also added players to the offensive line that was devastated by injuries last year. Detroit signed free agent guard Edwin Mulitalo, traded Dre' Bly to Denver for tackle George Foster and drafted Manny Ramirez out of Texas Tech.

"We've got a good blend of veterans who have shown what they can do in this league and young players on their way up," Marinelli said. "I think it is beginning to mold itself into a very good group."

On defense, the issue isn't new players as much as the health of the veterans. Last season, defensive tackles Shaun Rogers and Shaun Cody both missed large chunks of the season, as did several starting linebackers. All of those players are in camp this week, facing Martz's complicated offense.

"Martz is the greatest thing in the world for our defense, but he throws everything under the sun at them," Marinelli said. "We've tried to add as much speed on defense as we have on offense, and that seems to be happening."

Several players, including running back Kevin Jones (foot), tight end Dan Campbell (elbow) and Mulitalo (elbow) are attending camp but not taking part in drills. Marinelli said that Jones, who suffered a potentially career-threatening injury late last season, appears to be recovering well. "We're being told that the process is going well, but we also understand that those are only words," he said. "We won't know much more until training camp."

Defensive tackle Cory Redding is the only player not in camp after being made the team's franchise player.

Updated on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 3:47 am EDT
 05-17-2007, 03:17 PM         #73
Jblazinaphattie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
do you think they should of got rid of mike williams i mean he could of been our tight end
 10 years ago '04        #74
space
space
thats what i thought... but aye

Unfinished business: What NFC teams must do
By SN correspondents - SportingNews

Following the NFL draft, Sporting News' NFL correspondents filed reports on what teams must do to fill needs this summer. Here's what NFC correspondents see as necessary player personnel moves. Click here for AFC insight.

ADVERTISEMENT
East Division

Dallas Cowboys

Don't look for the team to make many moves the rest of the offseason because it likes the roster it has put together. It wouldn't mind adding a veteran nose tackle to play behind Jason Ferguson, but coaches love Jay Ratliff and are fine with him as the backup even though he might be better suited to play end. Barring an injury, management won't add a wide receiver because the depth is solid. Overall, young players just need to keep making progress.

New York Giants

The only hole the team didn't fill was at fullback, but it has serviceable Jim Finn on the roster. Look for the team to bring in at least one player to compete with Finn in training camp because it would prefer a bigger, more powerful blocker to help in the power running game. Coaches also must decide who will be their starting left tackle. The plan is to convert guard David Diehl, but the staff also likes Guy Whimper, a 2006 fourth-round pick who has made offseason strides.

Philadelphia Eagles

If the team uses C.J. Gaddis at safety, it will need more depth at cornerback. If Gaddis stays at corner, where he played at Clemson, the team could use another safety. Quintin Mikell is the only returning safety behind starters Brian Dawkins and Sean Considine. Bethel Johnson and 2006 fifth-round pick Jeremy Bloom will compete for the team's return jobs. If neither comes through, the team might have to look elsewhere during camp to find a veteran return man.

Washington Redskins

The team failed to address two of its biggest needs: defensive line and guard. Coach Joe Gibbs' insistence that the defensive line will be fine is based more on optimism than reality. A lot of hope is being placed on the improvement of second-year players Kedric Golston and Anthony Montgomery. Golston showed promise last season. Montgomery has a lot of work to do.

North Division

Chicago Bears

GM Jerry Angelo entered the draft looking to deal embittered linebacker Lance Briggs but didn't. Finding a new home for him is a priority. Then there is the issue of replacing the two-time Pro Bowl performer, though Michael Okwo is an option. With wideout Mark Bradley a question mark thanks to durability issues, the team needs a young wide receiver to develop in the spot opposite Bernard Berrian; Muhsin Muhammad, 34, is nearing the end of his career. With John Tait and Fred Miller getting older, the team needed a developmental tackle but didn't select one until it took Aaron Brant in the seventh round.

Detroit Lions

The team's biggest need -- an end with pass-rushing skills and speed off the edge -- wasn't filled in the draft. In its Tampa 2 system, it's imperative the front four provide a consistent pass rush so that blitzing is kept to a minimum. Unfortunately, the team isn't likely to find a quality end before the season starts. The team also wasn't able to achieve its goal of improving the speed at cornerback to make its scheme more versatile. It also failed to provide competition for return man Eddie Drummond.

Green Bay Packers

Management has done little to make up for the loss of running back Ahman Green and the lack of big-play receivers, and there's not much GM Ted Thompson can do about that now. A veteran receiver or back could become available, but it's not going to be anybody who can turn things around. Coach Mike McCarthy will have to develop the players he has. On defense, the team didn't address depth at cornerback, so it will have to hope Charles Woodson and Al Harris hold up.

Minnesota Vikings

The team wants competition for right guard Artis Hicks and right tackle Ryan Cook, but it first must replace reserves Mike Rosenthal and Jason Whittle. Of the current players on the roster, Anthony Herrera is a candidate to be a backup at guard and possibly center, and Marcus Johnson could serve as Cook's backup. The team must scour the waiver wire throughout the summer. Outsiders believe there's too little experience at quarterback, but the Vikings don't see a need for a veteran backup. Management was very active in signing undrafted players, including three offensive linemen.

South Division

Atlanta Falcons

Management made a halfhearted attempt to move up to the No. 2 spot to get Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson, but it decided to go with quantity over quality. Despite its 11 picks, however, the team did little to address needs at wide receiver or defensive tackle. The picks it made in those areas will not contribute immediately. That's why Vincent Marshall and Eric Newman were signed after the draft. The Falcons must find a more reliable kicker than Aaron Elling, who flopped in two seasons in Baltimore. That's why they picked up Billy Cundiff.

Carolina Panthers

Failure to get a safety means the team will need to sign at least one free agent. Mike Minter is the only experienced safety on the roster, and he will retire after the season. Management did pick up two undrafted players, Jessie Daniels and Quinton Teal. The Panthers also failed to trade defensive tackle Kris Jenkins -- they have a lot of depth at the position, so they were shopping him for a first-round pick. The team may look for a cornerback and a wide receiver who can play special teams.

New Orleans Saints

The Saints are a better team now than they were three months ago, when they lost the NFC championship game. They re-signed all their key free agents, returned 21 of 22 starters and then upgraded at six positions. The team doesn't have any glaring needs. The bigger issue will be dealing with higher expectations, an improved NFC South and a schedule that includes trips to Indianapolis, Seattle and Chicago.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The team needs a wide receiver who can stretch defenses. Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard are aging and Michael Clayton is showing signs of being a bust. Fullback Mike Alstott is on his last leg and B.J. Askew is just an adequate blocker. The team needs a runner who can excel in short-yardage and goal-line situations. There also is a need at tackle; only guard Anthony Davis is capable of filling in for starters Luke Petitgout and Jeremy Trueblood.

West Division

Arizona Cardinals

The team addressed its most pressing needs - a tackle (Levi Brown), a return man (Steve brea$ton) and a tight end (Ben Patrick) -- but still lacks experience at tight end and will look for a veteran at that spot. It also must add speed at running back; coaches aren't sold on No. 3 man J.J. Arrington, who has decent speed but has been a disappointment since he was drafted in the second round in 2005. On defense, the team could use young cornerbacks to compete for backup spots and needs help at outside linebacker, a position it didn't address in the draft. Travarous Bain, signed after the draft, will get a look at cornerback. David Holloway and Pago Tagafau, also undrafted, were signed for competition at linebacker.

St. Louis Rams

Attempts to acquire Panthers defensive tackle Kris Jenkins fell through, so it's debatable whether the team has done enough to improve the defense -- particularly a run defense that was ranked 31st. It had hoped to come out of the draft with an edge rusher to help on third down. It didn't happen. So Raonall Smith, who made very few plays at outside linebacker a year ago, has a chance to return in that role.

San Francisco 49ers

The defense has improved, but it lacks a dynamic pass rusher who would force teams to account for him. The Niners also have nobody lined up as an eventual replacement for end Bryant Young, who is entering his 14th season. On offense, the team heads into the season without an established No. 1 receiver. It acquired Darrell Jackson from Seattle, and he'll be given a chance to fill that role. Although he's healthy, Jackson has missed time the past two seasons with knee and toe injuries.

Seattle Seahawks

The draft did not deliver a tight end to complement Marcus Pollard. Each time the team had the chance to select one, it considered the available player too much of a reach. That means Pollard, 35, must continue to produce. Will Heller must step up as the backup. The team will look for a No. 3 quarterback, but finding one could be difficult. When it brought David Carr in and explained the opening was for the No. 3 spot, he signed with the Panthers.

Updated on Thursday, May 10, 2007 12:06 pm EDT
 05-25-2007, 08:56 PM         #75
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
when yall think detroit gona get out this slump itsl iek been 10 years ri...???

yall beleive what they say that detorit dont care cuz they owned by ford..and ford just shells out money and dont care cause they got money like that ?????

but hey theres only so much fans can take...as well as players...to keep lossing....people want to win

what yall think????

im a packers fan...and i love seeing detroit and gb goin at it on thanksgiving.......jsut as much as gb vs bears

so i just want to know
 10 years ago '06        #76
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$30,664 | Props total: 2339 2339
the lions will never amount to anything. they're the red headed step child of the NFC North.

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 202 (+22) 
  Career: | Aug 14: 1-0, Rank #474 | Aug 12: 1-1, Rank #832 | Aug 11: 2-2, Rank #801 | Aug 10: 73-38, Rank #99 | Aug 09: 2-2, Rank #404 | Aug 08: 12-6, Rank #342 *
 05-28-2007, 02:04 AM         #77
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sup bangabi*ch...

add me
 10 years ago '06        #78
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$30,664 | Props total: 2339 2339
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Black_Deuce again.

whats good? I got you on the props...

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 202 (+22) 
  Career: | Aug 14: 1-0, Rank #474 | Aug 12: 1-1, Rank #832 | Aug 11: 2-2, Rank #801 | Aug 10: 73-38, Rank #99 | Aug 09: 2-2, Rank #404 | Aug 08: 12-6, Rank #342 *
 05-28-2007, 02:09 AM         #79
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you already know...

im tryna do just like your name says

10 years ago '04        #80
space
space
Lions just need a new gm, and a oline... we'll be str8 then

its funny tho, detroit got more haters than actual fans....

but NFC North,,Imma always root for, except the bears,, i hate them with a passion
Home      

most viewed right now
Safaree Interview (power 105.1) get back with nicki, beat meek in fight etc..
16 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside That thang phat and shes a CEO....missbadyellow
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside _norma_xoxox Pull out?
7 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Richest People Of All Time
53 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Is A$AP Rocky Overrated
87 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Donald Glover Encounters His 'Biggest Fan' Amanda Peet
92 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jan 21 - Trump Says Media Will Pay a Big Price For Reporting His Inaug..
189 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside "I Let My Best Friend Have Sex With My Boyfriend." By having a threesome
115 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy