Detroit Lions

most viewed right now
Article inside Lead singer from Linkin Park commits suicide
404 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Man Divorces Wife On Their HONEYMOON After Seeing her w/ NO MAKEUP
37 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Usher's friends: "Aye you might wanna log into twitter right now fam"
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Remy Ma and homeless bum passed out
58 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-02-2007, 08:21 AM         #41
JDubb459 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
so am i your son or your cousin???

and for the record clarify yourself next time. you said they put some "skinny white dude" in over mike williams as if you had no clue who it was. :applause:
and don't correct me as if i was born yesterday. not my place to prove myself to anybody over the internet, but I gaurantee you don't want to challenge me over who knows more about the nfl.

also for the record, I could care a less whether or not Wes Welker gets waived by the Patriots or not. Anybody who knows a thing or two about football would be a complete moron to say he's a nobody. He's one of the most clutch 3rd down WR's in the league with many special teams capabilities.
And just because I compared Furrey to him.....what exactly is your point by bringing up Welker??

also for the record:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Thanks to the Lions for a great Thanksgiving
yea whatever the turkey wouldn't taste the same if the Lions won anyway!
 10 years ago '04        #42
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,606 | Props total: 148 148
damn deuce u aint tell me we had a detroit thread...... and fu*k all u haters...... D TOWN bi*ch

yeah we suck as a team.. but i aint never going hate on my hometown team so fu*k all uz..(no offense tho really)
 04-07-2007, 08:40 AM         #43
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 04-07-2007, 09:22 AM         #44
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Something tells me u idiots will get another Wide Reciever and shock teh world
 04-07-2007, 02:00 PM         #45
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 10 years ago '04        #46
space
space
haters......ahhhh i love the fresh smell of them.....
 04-07-2007, 11:11 PM         #47
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ROFL... Dwayne Jarrett?

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 04-07-2007 at 11:15 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #48
space
space
Detroit Lions Team Needs
Frank Coyle, Special to Rivals.com

Key Team Needs:
1. Defensive end
2. Offensive tackle
3. Cornerback
4. Linebacker
5. Tight end

1. Defensive End - The Lions signed veteran Dewayne White because of limited production from Jared DeVries and Kalimba Edwards. They could land Gaines Adams with their top pick, though most likely they will address this area later on the first day. With their No. 2 pick, they could opt for Jarvis Moss or Charles Johnson. Both Quentin Moses and Victor Abiamiri could be available in the early third round.

2. Offensive Tackle - The Lions tagged Jeff Backus with the franchise label last winter and have retained him. They added veteran George Foster on the right side in a trade. They may address the position with their No. 1 pick, the second overall selection, with Joe Thomas. GM Matt Millen likes Thomas and sees him as a cornerstone blocker for this changing offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
3. Safety/Cornerback - The Lions lost Terrance Holt, Jon McGraw and Jamar Fletcher, though they signed free-agent corner Travis Fisher. Their secondary has been subpar for a decade and needs to add both top cover men and an impact performer with an early starting grade. With the second overall selection, they could consider safety LaRon Landry, though most likely will address this area in the second/third rounds. They love safeties Michael Griffin and Brandon Meriweather and corners Aaron Ross and Eric Wright in the early second round. They have also targeted corners Tarell Brown and Josh Wilson in the early third round.

4. Linebacker - The Lions have addressed this area in recent years with the additions of Ernie Sims, Teddy Lehman and Boss Bailey in the early rounds. Sims had a great rookie seasons on the weak side. Bailey has proven injury-prone and failed to claim the Mike position. Millen would love to land Patrick Willis for the inside, but he will most likely be gone before the Lions’ No. 2 pick (34th overall). They will consider moving up to select him. They also like Paul Posluszny, but would also have to move up from their early second round position. They like David Harris and Buster Davis in the second/third round area.

5. Tight End - The Lions hope to add a quality tight end to get into the deep seam and provide more opportunities for their talented young wideouts. Zach Miller could be a surprise No. 2 pick if available, though this is not the highest need area. Marinelli likes Scott Chandler and Ben Patrick in the third/fourth rounds.

Frank Coyle of draftinsiders.com writes about the NFL Draft for Rivals.com. Coyle’s work can be found at , where he offers a free NFL e-mail service.
 10 years ago '07        #49
gorilla_proof 
space
space
$300 | Props total: 0 0
with the ends you have in this league its hard to over look a OT if you have protection issues'

i wonder how much love Drew Stanton will get if hes still on the board in the Second round if you guys dont pick a QB in round 1?
 10 years ago '04        #50
space
space
NFL Rumors
Add to My Yahoo! RSS
Mike Williams could head to Oakland

Monday, Apr 23, 2007 1:41 pm EDT

Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis, who is fond of USC athletes, having once coached at the school, could be preparing to enlist Mike Williams, the former Trojans receiver who is desirous of severing his a.ssociation with the Detroit Lions.

Williams, a first-round selection in 2005, has withdrawn from the Detroit club's offseason conditioning program in the hope that the Lions will cut him and he could be reunited in Oakland with Lane Kiffin, who coached him at USC.

Source: San Diego Union-Tribune
 10 years ago '04        #51
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,169 | Props total: 1 1
Lions | Team to trade No. 2 pick in draft?
Tue, 24 Apr 2007

Mike Klis, of the Denver Post, reports an NFL source says the Detroit Lions will trade the No. 2 overall pick in this year's NFL Draft. The team will entertain offers from teams with picks three through 10.
 10 years ago '07        #52
gorilla_proof 
space
space
 ™Mason™ said:
NFL Rumors
Add to My Yahoo! RSS
Mike Williams could head to Oakland

Monday, Apr 23, 2007 1:41 pm EDT

Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis, who is fond of USC athletes, having once coached at the school, could be preparing to enlist Mike Williams, the former Trojans receiver who is desirous of severing his a.ssociation with the Detroit Lions.

Williams, a first-round selection in 2005, has withdrawn from the Detroit club's offseason conditioning program in the hope that the Lions will cut him and he could be reunited in Oakland with Lane Kiffin, who coached him at USC.

Source: San Diego Union-Tribune
i think mike came into the league in shock' he's not the greatest route runner' he doesnt have the greatest of hands...and you can only get by on talent for so long'
 10 years ago '06        #53
Honolulu Blue 30 heat pts30 OP
space
space
$17,252 | Props total: 684 684
no.. everybody wants out of detroit.. so all the injuries.. holdouts.. etc.. shouldnt surprise anyone.. dre bly was our pro bowl player and look what happened w him
 10 years ago '04        #54
space
space
Lions | M. Robinson signed
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:47:07 -0700

ESPNews reports the Detroit Lions have signed WR Marcus Robinson (Vikings).
 10 years ago '07        #55
gorilla_proof 
space
space
 Comic Book Guy said:
no.. everybody wants out of detroit.. so all the injuries.. holdouts.. etc.. shouldnt surprise anyone.. dre bly was our pro bowl player and look what happened w him
so your saying that guys like carlos rogers just a bust because he didnt wanna play for the lions?

i agree that it might be hard to get players to give there all for a losing team but im not going to remove some of the blame from ppl in the front office
the lions need a new GM and someone who's going to keep the same scheme for a few yrs
 10 years ago '04        #56
space
space
The misadventures of Millen
By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports
April 26, 2007

Dan Wetzel
Yahoo! Sports

ALLEN PARK, Mich. – Matt Millen knows that you think he is going to screw up the Detroit Lions' draft this weekend.

"Hey, I'm responsible, I understand that," he said Wednesday with a defense mechanism laugh and "what's-done-is-done" shrug of the shoulders.

You can say Millen is the most clueless executive in sports, but he certainly has a clue how he is perceived around the country and, at this point, seems to figure that since there isn't an explanation that would change any minds, why bother?

Of course, what else can he say?

ADVERTISEMENT
It's not like he hasn't botched the second-overall pick during the NFL draft before – in 2003, wide receiver Charles Rogers (already out of the league).

He might trade down, but he didn't have luck with the third overall pick in 2002 (quarterback Joey Harrington, already on his third team). And, of course, there was the 10th overall pick in 2005 (wide receiver Mike Williams, already non-productive for the Lions).

Then there are the innumerable mid- and late-round picks who have generally produced little.

"The majority of our team are those guys," Millen said.

That helps explain the 3-13 record last season. Talk about your mock draft.

Millen took over a 9-7 team in 2000 and has proceeded to win a league-worst 24 games since. That's an average of four victories a season. Four!

He's failed at picking players, signing players and hiring coaches. In addition, he's had terrible luck.

On the bright side at least he is consistent.

There can't be an executive in all of sports more despised by his fan base and yet Millen keeps on smiling.

They've chanted "Fire Millen" at not just every Lions game, but any game featuring any Detroit team (Pistons, Red Wings, Tigers). Even road games. It's a special accomplishment to have a "Fire Millen" sign appear at the World Series … in St. Louis.

The media here have been appropriately ruthless; the newspapers apoplectic; talk radio nuclear. WDFN sports radio alone has sponsored anti-Millen billboards, a "Millen Man" protest march, a fan walk-out and one game where everyone was supposed to wear the opposing team's colors.

None of it has convinced Lions owner William Clay Ford Sr. to fire Millen.

"I don't know how it is in other parts of the country," Millen smiled, "but this is not a very critical [city]. Not one critical word."

And so this is what Millen is left with, deflective humor. Who knows, at this point, maybe it will work. Say whatever you want about the guy, but he is still standing here trying to explain himself, still graciously smiling, cracking self-deprecating jokes and talking positive in the face of widespread scorn.

"Write what you want, that is your job," he offered. "That doesn't bother me."

He's a fascinating case study if only because as a player he was an unqualified success: an All-American linebacker at Penn State, a four-time Super Bowl champion in the NFL. He was even a well-regarded Fox broadcaster until, despite having no experience, he was given the presidency of the Lions.

It was called "out-of-the-box" thinking at the time. Turned out the box was a coffin.

So a guy who only knew success has suddenly only seen failure. Maybe that's why despite not needing the money or, certainly, the aggravation, he's still doing this rather than a cushy broadcast gig. He has something to prove.

You'd cut the 49-year-old some slack but he hasn't just been bad at this job, he's been historically awful.

Consider that not once under Millen have the Lions ranked in the top half of the NFL in either offense or defense. Only once has either cracked the top 20 – the defense got to 18th in 2004, when the Lions won six whole games.

Around here, those are called the glory days.

It's not just the losses either, it's the buffoonery.

The Lions once had some players file a union grievance for having to practice too hard. They once lost a game after winning the overtime coin flip yet inexplicably choosing to kick. Millen himself got caught shouting a homophobic slur and on a radio show once questioned a player's toughness by asking "where are your testicles?"

Presumably he didn't ask that of an a.ssistant coach who got arrested last year after going through a Wendy's drive-thru nekkid.

Only one person, Mr. Ford, knows how or why Millen is still employed. There is the off-chance Millen possesses some kind of Jedi mind trick that fools aging billionaires into employing him in the face of all rational thinking.

If so, he is going to make a mint teaching that on late-night infomercials. Of course, he'd have to leave the Lions first. You think you're here for years to come, Millen was asked?

"Decades," he laughed. "I like to say decades."

You'd call it gallows humor, but it might be true.

Of course, the draft is really Millen's big day. For the sixth consecutive year, he picks in the top 10. Hey, there is no substitute for experience.

This year the debate is whether Millen takes his fourth franchise wide receiver in five drafts or his second franchise quarterback in six drafts. Or if he trades down to "acquire a.ssets" which opens Saturday up to even additional potential comedy.

Needless to say, half the league is tripping over their helmet phone to try to con Millen in some deal (the Jets offered the Brooklyn Bridge).

Of course, he could go with his signature: the predictably unpredictable move.

Whatever, he vows not to consider past disasters in present decisions, swears he and his staff have been working night and day prepping and believes this is still going to work out.

As for the critics, he says snipe away. After all, he's still here, still calling the shots.

"I took this job with my eyes wide open, I know what goes on," he said. "Hey, put a target on me and start firing. [I] don't live in a vacuum. I understand it. The only way to get rid of it is to win."

Hey, now there's a plan. Maybe with the second pick they'll take a new GM.

Dan Wetzel is Yahoo! Sports' national columnist. Send Dan a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

Updated on Thursday, Apr 26, 2007 11:45 am EDT
 10 years ago '04        #57
space
space
Adam
Schefter
The Detroit Lions organization met Friday and concluded that, unless a blockbuster trade offer comes their way, they will draft Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson.

Many will deduce that this decision is a matter of posturing, but the organization insisted it wasn't. Nor did it sound like it. Detroit has decided that if Oakland goes with LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell, as many expect, it has no choice but to draft the next best player on its board, Johnson.

Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz was one of the key cogs in the decision, getting the rest of the organization excited about the way he would use Johnson. It should be enough to scare other teams in the NFC North.

But the Lions made it very clear Friday night that their past failures at wide receiver will not deter them from revisiting the position.
 10 years ago '04        #58
space
space
^^which is a dayum shame......
 04-28-2007, 12:35 PM         #59
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ANOTHER WIDE RECIEVER!!!
 10 years ago '05        #60
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,493 | Props total: 129 129
Home      

most viewed right now
Jul 19 - Why Americans are having less sex
29 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Whos moms is this?
132 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Michelle Rodriguez something serious with the bang bangs
39 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jul 19 - Jesus is Real: Error Wipes out 5B in Student Loan Debt
110 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LET IT BURN! Usher Paying Bishes $1M For Giving 'Em Herpes. Get Yo Bis..
197 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Ya'll Remember that show Cheaters
80 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA WHAT YOUR LEGS LOOK LIKE AFTER 16 Ws FOR THE 2018 PLAYOFFS :mjWTF:
22 comments
1 day ago