Dallas Cowboys

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
163 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #1941
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 3241 3241
soooo apparently we are not gonna hire a D-coordinator and Wade is gonna be both the HC and the DC...interestin...
 9 years ago '05        #1942
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 chctynig2804 said:
soooo apparently we are not gonna hire a D-coordinator and Wade is gonna be both the HC and the DC...interestin...
Good decision. He was pretty doing this the last half of the season anyway and did a pretty good job. Let Wade take care of the D and Garrett take care of the O.
 02-18-2009, 11:49 AM         #1943
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought they would fire wade after the last few seasons

hes not a bad coach but just what I heard through the wire
 02-18-2009, 12:28 PM         #1944
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jones: No decision yet on Owens

Link with video

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones went on and on Tuesday emphasizing he hasn't decided whether to keep or cut Terrell Owens.

Then, long after the subject was seemingly put to rest, Jones brought it up again -- with a pretty obvious hint that T.O. is staying.

"You and I both know that the one that you're asking about all the time, if I gave you the answer that you want to hear, then you would've already had it. So the fact you don't have it ought to tell you something. It really should," Jones said.

The response came in the final minute of a roughly 45-minute news conference called to announce that George Strait will headline the first ever event at the team's new $1.1 billion stadium. But since this was the first time Jones addressed a large group of reporters since the Cowboys' season-ending loss at Philadelphia back in late December, far more topics came up.

The subject changed from music to football with a question about whether Owens will be on the roster when Strait takes the stage June 6. Jones was ready with the explanation that "we're evaluating our entire roster."

"There are several decisions on our roster we have to look at," Jones said. "This is the time of year we do that. I'm not trying to be trite, but as you all know we're evaluating players in college, we're evaluating free agents and we're evaluating our own roster. This is an ongoing thing, not any different than this time last year. ... Our roster is our roster. Changes to that are pure, pure speculation."

When told he could end all speculation by saying Owens is staying, Jones said he wouldn't answer "because we're not talking about the roster; he's part of the roster."

"We've got a lot of things we want to look at. Not just to Terrell, but several positions on the team -- backup quarterback and some other areas," Jones said. "So, again, it's not that it's easy or hard. It's just that I'm not doing it."

Jones said stories of locker-room drama were stirred up by media and insisted he's not concerned about such personality clashes.

"Not at all. Not at all. Not at all. Period. I'm just not," he said. "They are a figment of the result. You didn't hear about those things when we were winning. You hear about those kinds of things when we're losing. So I'm just not. And if y'all knew more about some of the things that you write about, you wouldn't be as concerned."

The news conference covered a lot of other ground over the next 15 minutes and was winding down when Jones started talking about how angry people are about the economy. He then accused reporters of being angry that the Cowboys missed the playoffs after being projected to reach the Super Bowl. Next came an explanation of why he hasn't been talking as much lately, despite all sorts of stories swirling around the organization.

"What we're doing here is trying to manage that to some degree," Jones said. "It has nothing to do with information. You're getting every bit of the information that you should have."

He finished that thought with the line about the answer "you want to hear" and the explanation that "the fact you don't have it ought to tell you something."

After answering another stadium-related question, Jones left through a back door.

Also during the news conference, Jones said coach Wade Phillips will be his own defensive coordinator in 2009, replacing Brian Stewart, who was fired.

Jones also spoke about the failure to reach an agreement with Dan Reeves. The former Cowboys player who coached the Denver Broncos and Atlanta Falcons to the Super Bowl was set to join the team as a consultant before the deal fell through at the last minute.

"I think a lot of him and really respect him, but it doesn't surprise me," Jones said. "What happened frankly was the process kind of evolved and it became apparent to me that we weren't on the same page."

In talking about why he's optimistic for the upcoming season, Jones noted that only the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers can be satisfied with how this past season turned out. He added that the Super Bowl-losing Arizona Cardinals are the next most-satisfied but then reminded they went 9-7 last season and struggled over the final month; that's exactly what the Cowboys did, although Jones didn't say it.

"They had a tough time of it their last five games yet they were almost world champions," Jones said. "And so I would say to our fans that I'm as disappointed and as resolved as you could ever imagine to do the best job of putting our team on the field. ... The only thing that's going to take the disappointment away is to win ballgames. That's what we're going to try to do."

Copyright 2009 by The a.ssociated Press

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #1945
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
 Deuce Black said:
I thought they would fire wade after the last few seasons

hes not a bad coach but just what I heard through the wire
wade is gonna be fine until the outcome of this season...if we have another disappointing year then i think he's gonna be out...if we win a playoff game or 2 then i think he'll still be coach cuz at least he got a win, but if he can lead the defense like he did last year down the stretch then i'm a lot more optimistic about our chances next year of doin better than 9-7
 9 years ago '04        #1946
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
^^and it would surprise me if TO gets released...dumb move on their part if he is
 02-18-2009, 08:02 PM         #1947
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So one and done in the playoffs and hes gone?

Jones might want t cut him but he is a proud man cutting him would mean he would be making a mockery of himself

alot of long time team vets been cut in the past few days if Fred Taylor can be cut so can he IMO
 02-25-2009, 07:24 AM         #1948
lyricallySha89  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cowboy's need a new Coach for like the 5th time ahhaha
 02-26-2009, 02:23 PM         #1949
Iverson Romo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There may soon be only one Roy Williams on the Dallas Cowboys roster.

The Cowboys have contacted NFL teams trying to trade Williams, a five-time Pro Bowl safety in his seven seasons in Dallas, FOXSports.com has learned. If a deal can't be reached, Williams could be released to clear room for the Cowboys under the salary cap.

Williams played in only three games last season because of forearm injuries. Although regarded as a strong tackler, Williams has struggled in coverage and is no longer considered a good fit for Dallas' 3-4 scheme under head coach Wade Phillips.

Williams, 28, is scheduled to earn a $4.4 million base salary in 2009. He is under contract through 2010.

The Cowboys traded with Detroit for wide receiver Roy Williams during the 2008 season.

02-26-2009, 03:23 PM         #1950
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He better move to linebacker
 9 years ago '04        #1951
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
'Boys got Keith Brooking :dancingcool:
 9 years ago '05        #1952
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,410 | Props total: 394 394
 DaKidB.A.N.K.$ said:
'Boys got Keith Brooking :dancingcool:

I Dunno, we had a player just like him. ( Zach ) I guess will all have to see after the season starts.
 9 years ago '05        #1953
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,410 | Props total: 394 394
http://www.profootballcentral.com/

Profootball Central reports: The Miami Dolphins are reportedly close to a deal with linebacker Kevin Burnett (Cowboys) according to several sources.
 9 years ago '04        #1954
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
we traded Anthony Henry for Jon Kitna...works for me, Henry wont gettin any younger anyway, even tho Jon Kitna is older, i guess he's somethin to get us by for this upcoming season...definitely gonna draft a safety now wit that 1st pick...cuz they want Bowen or Hatcher to start at end now

Last edited by chctynig2804; 03-04-2009 at 01:38 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #1955
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 chctynig2804 said:
we traded Anthony Henry for Jon Kitna...works for me, Henry wont gettin any younger anyway, even tho Jon Kitna is older, i guess he's somethin to get us by for this upcoming season...definitely gonna draft a safety now wit that 1st pick...cuz they want Bowen or Hatcher to start at end now
Safety, oline, LB needs to be the positions addressed heavily in this draft.
 9 years ago '04        #1956
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
 bootsy said:
Safety, oline, LB needs to be the positions addressed heavily in this draft.
we should be able to scoop one of the safeties b/w Chung, Moore, Delmas or Johnson wit our 2nd round pick
 9 years ago '06        #1957
jj01 
space
space
$44,935 | Props total: 4619 4619
no more TO what yall think about that, im still not sure rigth now?
 9 years ago '06        #1958
youngral 
space
space
$6,649 | Props total: 621 621
Its crazy. I didnt think they would actually get rid of him
 9 years ago '04        #1959
Confidance 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,776 | Props total: 144 144
As soon as he is released, sign with Dallas. Just another T.O. with some character and leadership to bot, don't know how much he will shine with the new guys and rooks but still it's good to have a guy like that on the team
 03-05-2009, 10:17 AM         #1960
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
id actually like to see the giants take a look at holt

i think he'd fit in there whether plax is back or not
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
8 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy