Dallas Cowboys

most viewed right now
 111
Image(s) inside 50 decides to finally tell the truth
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 87
Video inside Damn: Joe Budden and his crew destroyed DJ AKADEMIKS
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 49
The Story Of Marques Houston
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 48
Rick Ross says RIP Extension Cord
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #1921
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 I Am The Truth said:
we can keep henry now, see who we get thru the draft, and see how it plays out... maybe trade henry off for a draft pick??? idk... he's not gonna be here long term so im not too worried
Yeah I feel that, off the strength theres nothing behind Henry I wont be too mad if we keep him especially since instant impact Safeties in the NFL are almost non existent especially since we wont be drafting one until the Later 2nd at earliest.
 9 years ago '05        #1922
BoSox84 
space
avatar space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 eLLz said:
Yeah I feel that, off the strength theres nothing behind Henry I wont be too mad if we keep him especially since instant impact Safeties in the NFL are almost non existent especially since we wont be drafting one until the Later 2nd at earliest.
The way I figure, it's a contract year for him, and if he can stay healthy and show some ability at safety, he'd be more likely to get a decent contract (in Dallas or elsewhere) to finish out his career

I'm interested in seeing who they draft, cuz we definitely need to start looking toward the future at both safety positions. Hopefully we can find a way to land Eric Berry in the 2010 draft :applause:


Last edited by BoSox84; 02-10-2009 at 07:40 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #1923
Chris Cassius 
space
avatar space
space
$2,127 | Props total: 25 25
 BoSox84 said:
In his first couple years, he was playing with Darren Woodson, so he didn't have to worry about playing a lot of coverage, he could just play the run and be the enforcer against the pass. When Woodson had to retire because of a (I think) neck injury, Roy was forced to play pass more because we really had no other options. At least that's the way I see it


I was at the Ravens game Woodson suffered that injury in.


Roy Williams recently said in a interview though that he's better in a 4-3 than a 3-4 b/c its gap sound. What he needs to do is get rid of the 3XL long sleeve non-aerodynamic shirts he wears under his pads, cop some Under Armour and wrap up
 9 years ago '05        #1924
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
avatar space
space
$18,789 | Props total: 4011 4011
Williams gone?

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
 9 years ago '04        #1925
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$14,018 | Props total: 536 536
 Syphernix said:
when the fu*k is carpenter gonna start
When he goes to another team and gets a fair shot.

When he's touched the field, he's played well. But Wade has never given him a fair shot.
 9 years ago '07        #1926
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,068 | Props total: 2594 2594
 BoSox84 said:
The way I figure, it's a contract year for him, and if he can stay healthy and show some ability at safety, he'd be more likely to get a decent contract (in Dallas or elsewhere) to finish out his career

I'm interested in seeing who they draft, cuz we definitely need to start looking toward the future at both safety positions. Hopefully we can find a way to land Eric Berry in the 2010 draft :applause:
i've been slackin horribly on my ncaa fball scouting... thanks to my job and working on saturdays i didnt watch ncaa as much as i should have...

thoughts on who we should get for the 2ndary? sh*t... in general who do yall think who should we draft?
 9 years ago '06        #1927
Pitts Gutta 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$2,927 | Props total: 12 12
I didnt want Ellis gone but sure wanted Roy gone....
 9 years ago '04        #1928
cali22buck 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,411 | Props total: 59 59
 BoSox84 said:
Actually, the Cowboys have been playing basically 2 strong safeties since Darren Woodson had to retire. With Roy Williams lining up alongside guys like Keith Davis and Ken Hamlin.

And Henry doesn't have to have blazing speed to play free safety. He's got solid speed to be playing at safety
Coleman, Glenn...those names ring a bell? Yep, washed up cb's you guys tried to convert to safety.

So Henry doesnt have to have blazing speed? I guess your not too tired of watching your safeties get beat deep over and over because theyre too slow....

Hamlin is a FS playing SS. Besides Jenkins, your guys secondary future looks bad. Newman has crossed into the Merton Hanks zone...
 9 years ago '05        #1929
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$14,044 | Props total: 137 137
both contracts are pretty bad...and im guessing they wanna make the push for ray lewis? plus...roy was a LB at the S position
 9 years ago '07        #1930
Chris Cassius 
space
avatar space
space
$2,127 | Props total: 25 25
Coleman, Glenn...those names ring a bell? Yep, washed up cb's you guys tried to convert to safety.

So Henry doesnt have to have blazing speed? I guess your not too tired of watching your safeties get beat deep over and over because theyre too slow....

Hamlin is a FS playing SS. Besides Jenkins, your guys secondary future looks bad. Newman has crossed into the Merton Hanks zone...
Glenn was never going to play safety, he's like 5'7 and I dont think he ever played a game at safety. Coleman was a bum before the Cowboys brought him in, there's not even a point in naming the two players you just did.

And speed doesnt have as much to do with the safeties getting beat deep as recognition and execution does. More often than not if a safety gets beat deep it's gonna be b/c they break late on the wide receiver or they aren't in their zone. There aren't many starting safeties in the league with "blazing speed" anyway.
 9 years ago '05        #1931
BoSox84 
space
avatar space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 Chris Cassius said:
Glenn was never going to play safety, he's like 5'7 and I dont think he ever played a game at safety. Coleman was a bum before the Cowboys brought him in, there's not even a point in naming the two players you just did.

And speed doesnt have as much to do with the safeties getting beat deep as recognition and execution does. More often than not if a safety gets beat deep it's gonna be b/c they break late on the wide receiver or they aren't in their zone. There aren't many starting safeties in the league with "blazing speed" anyway.
Exactly.

Any fidgeting with Aaron Glenn at safety was experimental at best, he was our nickel corner.

As far as Coleman:

A 10-year veteran, Coleman played cornerback most of his career, then moved inside to safety in Houston for the past two seasons there. It was his ability to play both spots that made him attractive to the Cowboys, who viewed him as a "swing" defender, and a potential contributor in nickel situations.
And the fact that receivers have been running past our safeties doesn't have as much to do with speed as it does that their play recognition sucks d*ck. Pat Watkins runs a 4.5, but he's a bum

And with Henry, he played safety in college, so it's a matter of reacquainting himself with the the position and applying it to the NFL.


Last edited by BoSox84; 02-11-2009 at 11:03 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #1932
cali22buck 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,411 | Props total: 59 59
 BoSox84 said:
Exactly.

Any fidgeting with Aaron Glenn at safety was experimental at best, he was our nickel corner.

As far as Coleman:



And the fact that receivers have been running past our safeties doesn't have as much to do with speed as it does that their play recognition sucks d*ck. Pat Watkins runs a 4.5, but he's a bum

And with Henry, he played safety in college, so it's a matter of reacquainting himself with the the position and applying it to the NFL.
Apparently he wasnt that good of a safety to begin with if he was converted right off the bat. He's not Rod Woodson or Ronnie Lott. He hasnt been that good of a CB either.

And a speedy safety can misread and still recover in time.

Point is your secondary need a lot of work in my opinion. Move Hamlin to FS, Get a real SS, Get a nickel CB, Get another CB to fill in for Newman WHEN he gets hurt. Get another CB to pair with Jenkins.

And pray your pass rush never fails.
 9 years ago '05        #1933
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,435 | Props total: 410 410

[pic - click to view]






I hope this is true. Greg has been bi*ching about losing his spot for the past few years and Roy lost his Edge.
 9 years ago '05        #1934
BoSox84 
space
avatar space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 cali22buck said:
Apparently he wasnt that good of a safety to begin with if he was converted right off the bat. He's not Rod Woodson or Ronnie Lott. He hasnt been that good of a CB either.

And a speedy safety can misread and still recover in time.

Point is your secondary need a lot of work in my opinion. Move Hamlin to FS, Get a real SS, Get a nickel CB, Get another CB to fill in for Newman WHEN he gets hurt. Get another CB to pair with Jenkins.

And pray your pass rush never fails.
No one's saying he's a Rod Woodson or Ronnie Lott

And he's not a great corner, but he's good enough. He was good enough to lead the league in picks his rookie season His problem in Dallas hasn't been his talent, it's been his health.

Either way (whether he's converted or not) we need to go safety in the draft anyway because he wouldn't be a longterm solution. I just think this would be the year to try it out if they're serious about it (they've talked about it before)
 9 years ago '04        #1935
Kadroan 129 heat pts129
space
avatar space
space
$35,512 | Props total: 8553 8553
Finally! Time to start Anthony Spencer, move Henry permanately to safety and get Jenkins right during offseason workouts and training camps
 9 years ago '07        #1936
Chris Cassius 
space
avatar space
space
$2,127 | Props total: 25 25
 BoSox84 said:
No one's saying he's a Rod Woodson or Ronnie Lott

And he's not a great corner, but he's good enough. He was good enough to lead the league in picks his rookie season His problem in Dallas hasn't been his talent, it's been his health.

Either way (whether he's converted or not) we need to go safety in the draft anyway because he wouldn't be a longterm solution. I just think this would be the year to try it out if they're serious about it (they've talked about it before)

:applause:

I'd prefer not to have to move Anthony Henry to safety though. There's decent depth at corner the way it is now, but if you move Henry to safety and if Newman gets hurt, there's Jenkins and Scandrick starting like they did when Pacman and Newman weren't playing last season. I dont even know who would come in to play the slot. Point is that Keith Davis and Pat Watkins have to step up and Dallas has to draft a safety, another corner couldn't hurt too.
 9 years ago '06        #1937
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 cali22buck said:
Apparently he wasnt that good of a safety to begin with if he was converted right off the bat. He's not Rod Woodson or Ronnie Lott. He hasnt been that good of a CB either.

And a speedy safety can misread and still recover in time.

Point is your secondary need a lot of work in my opinion. Move Hamlin to FS, Get a real SS, Get a nickel CB, Get another CB to fill in for Newman WHEN he gets hurt. Get another CB to pair with Jenkins.

And pray your pass rush never fails.
Why do you keep saying "Move Hamlin back to FS"... Hamlin has been FS, he never moved, watch a game

How does Dallas need a Nickel? I just told you that Scandrick played well last year & hes solid at the Nickel, I'll ever go as far as saying he'll be one of the best nickelbacks in the NFL
 9 years ago '04        #1938
cali22buck 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,411 | Props total: 59 59
 eLLz said:
Why do you keep saying "Move Hamlin back to FS"... Hamlin has been FS, he never moved, watch a game

How does Dallas need a Nickel? I just told you that Scandrick played well last year & hes solid at the Nickel, I'll ever go as far as saying he'll be one of the best nickelbacks in the NFL
For some reason Im thinkin the Cowboys switched him to SS during the season at times.

They need a nickel because WHEN, not if, Newman gets hurt Scandrick is full time. And no Scandrick is not a reliable every down starter. Hes a decent nickelback I wouldnt say one of the best at all.
 9 years ago '04        #1939
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$14,018 | Props total: 536 536
From where I sit, it appears cali doesn't have a clue about the 'Boys.

Newman + Jenkins + Scandrick + Ball(Yes Alan Ball. For a dime back played pretty well this year. How many teams have a dime back that's great anyway?) is a solid CB group.

Move Henry to FS, Hamlin to SS and draft or sign a DB or two and they'll be fine.

The real problems with the defense is the "leader" is Bradie James, Ratliff is more suited for DE in the 3-4 and we need a prototypical NT and Spears and Canty disappear more often than not.
 9 years ago '05        #1940
Sluggernaut 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$24,367 | Props total: 5952 5952
 U.B.HiRM said:
here come the "come to my team ill suck u slow" fans

na but seriously..is roy the same player he was? dude looked like hes been fading to me with injuries
Not for Roy Williams... old converted line backer a.ss.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 26
Video inside Rio Chapo (XXXTENTACIONS KILLER) talks about killing him on instagram l..
199 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside XXXTentacion’s Ex-Girlfriend Reacts To His Untimely Death, "Y’all Don’..
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
Phatty But She Doesn't Model or Thot it Out
72 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Jay-Z caught fudging The Carter's LP already
52 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Rico Recklezz Goes To FBG Duck Hood And Tells Him To Come Outside
75 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Video inside Jun 20 - Idiot Fox Host Thinks His Neighborhood Is Filled With MS-13
32 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Highly respected street rappers that you think are soft?
244 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside Hip hop Punk has officially arrived and it's leader: Icy Narco
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy