Dallas Cowboys

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
147 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
5 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1761
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
sh*tty game. Newman looked like crap today
 9 years ago '04        #1762
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
we ran the ball less than 15 times..with marion barber AND felix jones:banghead:

newman was on skates...he looked awful
 09-29-2008, 04:15 PM         #1763
muhlhockey10  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
haha nice job dallas my skins took u down
 9 years ago '05        #1764
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,410 | Props total: 394 394
Wow fellas wtf happened? The friggin' D looked like they went into the game thinking they was going to be tossing bodies. Knowing that the foreskins always play us good in Dallas. Where the hell are the turnovers? There are two teams not a single Int and we're one of them. Anthony Henry is as slow as Lb. T.O. dropping sh*t but, says he is trying hard. Not enough of Kat being used enough. J could throw him out there in the slot or something and use him that way. Is it me or is Tank starting to look like a bad sign. Sorry for the vent. It's still Dallas All day Baby.
 10-04-2008, 07:03 PM         #1765
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 muhlhockey10 said:
haha nice job dallas my skins took u down

Nick Eatman - Email
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
October 2, 2008 6:15 PM

Cowboys Look To Tighten Up Man Coverage

IRVING, Texas - Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips made one thing very clear when he first took over some 20 months ago.

While he arrived in Dallas with a specific defensive scheme, he has always stated that he fits the system around his players and their talents, rather than asking the players to fit the scheme.

Cornerbacks such as Terence Newman and Adam Jones and Anthony Henry might prefer to play more man-to-man coverage than zone, but the Cowboys and Phillips' defense has been playing a majority of zone coverage here in the first four games.

The players have indicated they would like to play closer to the line of scrimmage at times, but so far the coaching staff is hoping to see some improvement in that area.

"We haven't played man as well as I'd like to play," head coach Wade Phillips said. "We say we have guys that can play man, but we haven't played man that well.

We've been trying to and some games we did play well. There were some series and games that we played well man-to-man, but we're not there man-to-man-wise yet."

And that was evident in the Cowboys' loss to the Redskins on Sunday, although the team played its cornerbacks mostly off the ball.

That seemed to work right into the Redskins' hands as Washington used its West Coast Offense and ran many short passes against the Cowboys' off coverage.

Newman, who admitted to playing one of his worst games of his career, said after the game that he wished the team mixed up the coverages more.

"They knew what we were going to be in . . . they got us on a couple calls," Newman said. "We just didn't adjust as much as I thought we should've early on. We have to mix it up a little bit. But I think we'll be all right."

Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart said game plans change from week to week, and added there will likely be a new approach to Sunday's game against the Bengals, who feature arguably the best wide receiver tandem in the league with T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Chad Ocho Cinco.

"It may change game to game. Some receivers can't get off the press, you want to be on those guys," said Stewart, who makes the defensive calls in the game. "Some guys, with the route combinations of teams, it's better (to be off) and have vision and see the ball when it's in the air.

"I just think everyone has to understand what our players do well. The players have to understand what we play well as a team, as a defense. With that mix, that's what we come up with on Sunday."

To Stewart, the idea of playing off the ball is simple: not to get beat deep.

"It's better to give up a five-yard pass than a 25-yard pass," Stewart said. "Plus we have pressure and lot of things going on. When you have things going on, you have a chance to see the ball and maybe get an interception or a big hit. If we're playing close to the guy, you can't see the ball. If you're beat, you're beat."

So far this season, the Cowboys have allowed a total of seven pass plays of 10 yards or more. Last year through the first four games, when the Cowboys played the Giants, Dolphins, Rams and Bears, the defense allowed 11.

Giving up seven, and only three of more than 30 yards, is just fine with the Cowboys.

"That's very minimal. We're probably leading the league," Stewart said, referring to big plays against the defense. "We're in the minimum in that. Definitely."

Stewart added that playing close to the line of scrimmage isn't just a coaches' decision, and that the players can often cover a receiver how they want.

"A lot of times, he can. It's on them," Stewart said. "Now some of our zones, you can't be bump and run on a zone. But sometimes, it's at their discretion."

Newman has been a longtime proponent of playing man coverage, but even he has admitted that his latest injury, a strained groin suffered early in training camp that kept him out until the second week of the regular season, has made him somewhat limited here in the first part of the season.

Phillips agreed, saying Newman is just now starting to return to his old self. Last year, a foot injury in training camp forced him to miss the first two games, but it took a few more games played before he was back to 100 percent.

"It took a while. He came back slowly because we brought him back slowly," Phillips said referring to last year's injury. "We brought him back a little faster this time, I think. But I think he'll be, I think in a game or two games more, he'll be back to his normal self."

With Newman out for the majority of camp and all of the preseason, the Cowboys got a better look at rookie corners Mike Jenkins, a first-round pick, and fifth-round selection Orlando Scandrick.

And the addition of Adam Jones, who has also played a majority of man coverage in his two years with the Titans, the Cowboys have been working in some new faces to the defense.

Wit that, Phillips was on the fence when asked if he was surprised his team hasn't played better in man coverage.

"Yes and no. We've got new players," Phillips said. "Some of them are trying to fit in, in a new defense. We're getting a feel for what they can do and what they can't do."

Phillips said he isn't set on playing just one style, whether it's in coverage or the way his defense attacks the quarterback.

"I've played it all. It's all (about) personnel and what you can do best," Phillips said. "I've played straight zone some years. One year in Buffalo, we've played almost all man-to-man. It's what the players can do. It's not what I can come up with."

[pic - click to view]

This is why we lost...Brian Stewart doesn't know what the fu*k he's doing. He says the secondary can give up 5 yard pass plays all day, yet two 5 yard pass plays = a 1st down. The west coast offense is based on short passes, and we played right into the Skins hands by playing 10 yards off, allowing all the underneath sh*t...we couldn't get them off the field. We couldn't stop Portis either, but that's only the 2nd 100+ yard game since '06 so I'm not worried.

(back to the secondary) We have 4 starting corners who can all play press coverage, but how many times do you see them on the LOS bumping the receiver? ...I can't understand that sh*t. Newman obviously needs to get 100%, cause that was the worse game of his pro career...even he admitted that.

The Titans are undefeated mostly because of the defense, yet I can't name more than 4 players on that D without having to look it up...I don't know ANY of their corners. All these playmakers we have on defense and the only area we're ranked in the top 10 is sacks. Wade either needs to take over as DC or hire someone else. We won't win a playoff game playing as soft as we are, let alone the Super Bowl.
 9 years ago '07        #1766
Prospect Boy 
space
space
$1,715 | Props total: 113 113
 DaKidB.A.N.K.$ said:
we ran the ball less than 15 times..with marion barber AND felix jones:banghead:

newman was on skates...he looked awful
^That had me pissed off also. You can't win if you don't utilize your running game. T.O. was talking about how mad he was he wasn't getting the ball, if anyone should have been mad it should have been MB3.
 9 years ago '05        #1767
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,410 | Props total: 394 394
 texasplayboy_23 said:

Nick Eatman - Email

IRVING, Texas - Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips made one thing very clear when he first took over some 20 months ago.

While he arrived in Dallas with a specific defensive scheme, he has always stated that he fits the system around his players and their talents, rather than asking the players to fit the scheme.

Cornerbacks such as Terence Newman and Adam Jones and Anthony Henry might prefer to play more man-to-man coverage than zone, but the Cowboys and Phillips' defense has been playing a majority of zone coverage here in the first four games.

The players have indicated they would like to play closer to the line of scrimmage at times, but so far the coaching staff is hoping to see some improvement in that area.

"We haven't played man as well as I'd like to play," head coach Wade Phillips said. "We say we have guys that can play man, but we haven't played man that well.

We've been trying to and some games we did play well. There were some series and games that we played well man-to-man, but we're not there man-to-man-wise yet."

And that was evident in the Cowboys' loss to the Redskins on Sunday, although the team played its cornerbacks mostly off the ball.

That seemed to work right into the Redskins' hands as Washington used its West Coast Offense and ran many short passes against the Cowboys' off coverage.

Newman, who admitted to playing one of his worst games of his career, said after the game that he wished the team mixed up the coverages more.

"They knew what we were going to be in . . . they got us on a couple calls," Newman said. "We just didn't adjust as much as I thought we should've early on. We have to mix it up a little bit. But I think we'll be all right."

Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart said game plans change from week to week, and added there will likely be a new approach to Sunday's game against the Bengals, who feature arguably the best wide receiver tandem in the league with T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Chad Ocho Cinco.

"It may change game to game. Some receivers can't get off the press, you want to be on those guys," said Stewart, who makes the defensive calls in the game. "Some guys, with the route combinations of teams, it's better (to be off) and have vision and see the ball when it's in the air.

"I just think everyone has to understand what our players do well. The players have to understand what we play well as a team, as a defense. With that mix, that's what we come up with on Sunday."

"It's better to give up a five-yard pass than a 25-yard pass," Stewart said. "Plus we have pressure and lot of things going on. When you have things going on, you have a chance to see the ball and maybe get an interception or a big hit. If we're playing close to the guy, you can't see the ball. If you're beat, you're beat."

So far this season, the Cowboys have allowed a total of seven pass plays of 10 yards or more. Last year through the first four games, when the Cowboys played the Giants, Dolphins, Rams and Bears, the defense allowed 11.

Giving up seven, and only three of more than 30 yards, is just fine with the Cowboys.

"That's very minimal. We're probably leading the league," Stewart said, referring to big plays against the defense. "We're in the minimum in that. Definitely."

Stewart added that playing close to the line of scrimmage isn't just a coaches' decision, and that the players can often cover a receiver how they want.

"A lot of times, he can. It's on them," Stewart said. "Now some of our zones, you can't be bump and run on a zone. But sometimes, it's at their discretion."

Newman has been a longtime proponent of playing man coverage, but even he has admitted that his latest injury, a strained groin suffered early in training camp that kept him out until the second week of the regular season, has made him somewhat limited here in the first part of the season.

Phillips agreed, saying Newman is just now starting to return to his old self. Last year, a foot injury in training camp forced him to miss the first two games, but it took a few more games played before he was back to 100 percent.

"It took a while. He came back slowly because we brought him back slowly," Phillips said referring to last year's injury. "We brought him back a little faster this time, I think. But I think he'll be, I think in a game or two games more, he'll be back to his normal self."

With Newman out for the majority of camp and all of the preseason, the Cowboys got a better look at rookie corners Mike Jenkins, a first-round pick, and fifth-round selection Orlando Scandrick.

And the addition of Adam Jones, who has also played a majority of man coverage in his two years with the Titans, the Cowboys have been working in some new faces to the defense.

Wit that, Phillips was on the fence when asked if he was surprised his team hasn't played better in man coverage.

"Yes and no. We've got new players," Phillips said. "Some of them are trying to fit in, in a new defense. We're getting a feel for what they can do and what they can't do."

Phillips said he isn't set on playing just one style, whether it's in coverage or the way his defense attacks the quarterback.

"I've played it all. It's all (about) personnel and what you can do best," Phillips said. "I've played straight zone some years. One year in Buffalo, we've played almost all man-to-man. It's what the players can do. It's not what I can come up with."

[pic - click to view]

This is why we lost...Brian Stewart doesn't know what the fu*k he's doing. He says the secondary can give up 5 yard pass plays all day, yet two 5 yard pass plays = a 1st down. The west coast offense is based on short passes, and we played right into the Skins hands by playing 10 yards off, allowing all the underneath sh*t...we couldn't get them off the field. We couldn't stop Portis either, but that's only the 2nd 100+ yard game since '06 so I'm not worried.

(back to the secondary) We have 4 starting corners who can all play press coverage, but how many times do you see them on the LOS bumping the receiver? ...I can't understand that sh*t. Newman obviously needs to get 100%, cause that was the worse game of his pro career...even he admitted that.

The Titans are undefeated mostly because of the defense, yet I can't name more than 4 players on that D without having to look it up...I don't know ANY of their corners. All these playmakers we have on defense and the only area we're ranked in the top 10 is sacks. Wade either needs to take over as DC or hire someone else. We won't win a playoff game playing as soft as we are, let alone the Super Bowl.
You've read my mind Tex. WTF was he thinking zone for? I think this loss was needed though. Better off lossing early then late. Props pimping.
 9 years ago '06        #1768
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 texasplayboy_23 said:

Nick Eatman - Email

[pic - click to view]

That was obvious yet there were no halftime adjustments from offense or defense.... as if we never ran the ball in the 1st half we come back in the 2nd half & run it even less, Wade Phillips is a soft coach

This team needs someone like Bill Cowher
 10-05-2008, 10:42 AM         #1769
Rareness6  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:greetings10:

Not worried bout the loss, as long as we win when it counts.
 10-05-2008, 12:49 PM         #1770
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rareness6 said:
:greetings10:

Not worried bout the loss, as long as we win when it counts.
u should be worried hoe you got destroyed by the redskins and the ginats will be coming to town soon
 10-05-2008, 12:50 PM         #1771
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaiden05 said:
You've read my mind Tex. WTF was he thinking zone for? I think this loss was needed though. Better off lossing early then late. Props pimping.
I felt the same way, I didn't mind us losing early...hopefully that will prompt them to make some changes. I was more pissed off at the coaches than the team for losing.

eLLz said:
That was obvious yet there were no halftime adjustments from offense or defense.... as if we never ran the ball in the 1st half we come back in the 2nd half & run it even less, Wade Phillips is a soft coach

This team needs someone like Bill Cowher
Yeah homie, dude is cupcake as hell. He just let's the players do what they want. I've NEVER seen him hold the team accountable for the way they play, he always says it's "his" fault and "he" needs to get it corrected...what a b*tch. The change of coaching style was great at first right after Parcells left, but that sh*t won't keep them disciplined for an entire season.

If Cowher was to coach the Cowboys with Garrett still the OC, that's an instant Super Bowl...actually instant Super Bowls. I don't see Wade coming back if we're short of a championship this season.

Back to Brian Stewart...how the fu*k can you give the DB's the option of covering the receivers how they want? That's some of the stupidest coaching I've ever heard. If you're afraid of getting beat deep, keep the safeties in cover 2...but let the corners play press. They're too physical to get beat at the LOS anyway. If they get beat by a double move after 10-15 yds it isn't that big a deal because that's the whole point of cover 2...there's saftety help.
 10-05-2008, 12:53 PM         #1772
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deuce Black said:
u should be worried hoe you got destroyed by the redskins and the ginats will be coming to town soon
"Destroyed" in a 2 point game? Deuce is a retard.:doh8: No one's afraid of the Giants right now, you haven't played anybody.
 10-05-2008, 12:56 PM         #1773
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was talking to the hoe :doh8:

yes destroyed dallas' dreams going to the superbowl which everyones been talking about since 2005
 10-05-2008, 12:56 PM         #1774
Rareness6  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ :lachen001: does callin me a ho make u feel good?

Deuce Black said:
the deadskins destroyed us? ha no, they just got the W. Don't care bout the NJ gaymen either, keep beating these wack a.ss teams. When u have a real opponent then u can speak. :greetings10:

Last edited by Rareness6; 10-05-2008 at 12:59 PM..
 10-05-2008, 01:00 PM         #1775
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we are not beating wack teams by 2 points. were crushing them by 3 touchdowns. the bengals put up a f!ght last week but even without plax look how were destroying the seahawks, 24-3. dominick hixon is raping the coverage

you couldnt think of doing that without T.O.
 10-05-2008, 01:05 PM         #1776
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh and sorry to the girl I called a hoe, I was reffering to mr texasplayboy :greetings10:
 10-05-2008, 01:07 PM         #1777
Rareness6  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ mm hmm sure

Deuce Black said:
we are not beating wack teams by 2 points. were crushing them by 3 touchdowns. the bengals put up a f!ght last week but even without plax look how were destroying the seahawks, 24-3. dominick hixon is raping the coverage

:lachen001: @ u proving my point, like I said wack a.ss teams
 10-05-2008, 01:21 PM         #1778
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nah seriously I was not referring to you.

27 - 3 :laughing19:

The gap between good and average teams are not that big in the NFL to where 27 - 3, and 4-0 isn't impressive
 9 years ago '04        #1779
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3

Nick Eatman - Email

[pic - click to view]

good!!!! somethings got to change if you have the "best secondary in the nfl" and you dont have 1 interception after 4 games
 10-05-2008, 01:41 PM         #1780
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deuce Black said:
I was talking to the hoe :doh8:

yes destroyed dallas' dreams going to the superbowl which everyones been talking about since 2005
What the fu*k are you even talkin about? Because Dallas is 3-1 they can't get to the Super Bowl?:slap:

Deuce Black said:

Stop contradicting yourself. You can't say you're not beating teams by a couple points when the Bengals JUST took you to OT 2 weeks ago.

And I wouldn't talk about destroying the Seahawks with another half to play. The Jets put up 34 in 1 quarter, anything's possible in the NFL.

Deuce Black said:
oh and sorry to the girl I called a hoe, I was reffering to mr texasplayboy :greetings10:
First you tell me you were talkin to the hoe, then when the female responds you say you were talkin to me.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
4 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If big tiddies and a phat ass aren't your cup of tea, then this isn't ..
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy