Dallas Cowboys

most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1681
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
 eLLz said:

Funny you mentioned that sh*t tho, I was looking at going when they play too.... My n*gga moved out to Pitt & I was planning on taking a Weekend out to go & kick it then I realized that Cowboys play there this year so I might just hit that up w/ a few heads, Giants stadium is mad close but they always inflate the sh*t out of prices cause of it being a Rilvary/Divisional & Steelers game will be better, theyre a better team
Good looking out fam. Yeah Even though I am from the Burgh I hate thoses bum a55 steelers. You'll see me I'll be the only Cowboy fan on the home side lol. Props again though. Hit me up if you looking for places to go up here.
 9 years ago '05        #1682
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
Guard Montrae Holland first lost his job in the Broncos offensive line, and now he has been shipped to another team.

Holland was traded Thursday to the Dallas Cowboys for a fifth-round pick in next April's draft. The Cowboys had been making the rounds around the league having suffered some injuries in their offensive line.

The 325-pound Holland, who missed two weeks of training camp after reporting overweight, fits their mold of bigger linemen. The Cowboys and Broncos had two days of joint practices earlier this month.
 9 years ago '07        #1683
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,893 | Props total: 2249 2249
pacman's back... it's official like a ref w/ a whistle... can't wait till the season starts now
 09-02-2008, 06:34 AM         #1684
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
September 1, 2008 5:59 PM

"Options Limited"
Cowboys Hoping Stanback Can Play As No. 3 Receiver

IRVING, Texas - The Cowboys have five wide receivers on their active roster.

Two of them have been ruled out for this game.

Another receiver, who has not caught a pass in a regular-season game since his freshman year in college, has returned to practice after missing a week and is expected to play with a protective shoulder harness.

That leaves the two starting receivers, both of which missed games in the second half of last season with high-ankle sprains.

Should the Cowboys be worried about the wide receiver position as they head into Sunday's season opener in Cleveland?

Maybe so, especially with Miles Austin (sprained MCL) and Sam Hurd (high ankle sprain) ruled out for the first game.

And the Cowboys did make their own decision on Saturday to release Danny Amendola and Mike Jefferson, who both cleared waivers and are on the team's eight-man practice squad.

But there is some good news.

It starts with the fact that the two healthiest receivers are indeed the starters, and one of them happens to be six-time Pro Bowler Terrell Owens. The other, Patrick Crayton, is coming off a career season, catching 50 passes for 697 yards and seven touchdowns in 2007.

But you always need some depth, especially at wide receiver. The Cowboys are just fortunate that Isaiah Stanback, who opted not to have season-ending shoulder surgery last week, should be ready to play Sunday against the Browns.

Stanback, wearing a harness on his left shoulder, practiced Monday with the team and is expected to be the Cowboys' No. 3 receiver on the roster.

Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips sounded rather encouraged by Stanback's practice Monday.

"He caught the ball over his head, made a couple of real good catches," Phillips said. "(He) caught a curl route, caught the ball and ran with it, caught a couple of deep balls. One way over his head, one time. It looks good that he'll play and he'll be able to play as a third receiver for us. As long as no hitches come the rest of the week. But I thought he looked good in practice."

And it's about time the Cowboys had some good news at wide receiver.

They lost their third, fourth and fifth receivers to injury in each of the final preseason games.

Austin suffered his knee injury in the second game, while covering a kickoff in Denver. Ironically, the kickoff occurred following Austin hauling in a long pass from Brad Johnson and then a touchdown pass. He is expected to miss the first two regular-season games, if not longer.

The following week, Stanback had a double-whammy, re-injuring his shoulder while returning a kickoff that he fumbled away against the Texans. Stanback had a similar injury last year and required surgery at the end of the season.

However, he chose not to have the same procedure this year and is hoping to play through the pain.

And then in the final preseason game, the Cowboys kept nearly every starter out of the game and planned on playing Hurd only a handful of snaps. But while being tackled after a 35-yard gain off a reverse run, Hurd suffered the high-ankle sprain.

The Cowboys ruled him out of Sunday's game in Cleveland, but there is a chance he could be ready to play for the Sept. 15 game against Philadelphia, the home opener at Texas Stadium.

But the Cowboys are just trying to get through the first week.

Phillips said on Monday the club hasn't completely made a decision regarding how many receivers will be active on Sunday, and hasn't ruled out taking four.

"We hadn't finalized what our final 45 for the game will be," Phillips said, referring to the 45-player game-day active list. "Normally you take four receivers. We do have some tight ends that, especially (Jason) Witten, can play in the slot for you. It gives you some more versatility. Felix Jones gives us some too. But it's a decision I have to come to maybe take a fourth receiver to the game."

Phillips later said that the fourth receiver would come from the practice squad, moving up either Amendola or Jefferson.

"It'd be hard to bring in anyone on Wednesday who doesn't know the system," Phillips said. "You can't really see if they can play. I think it'll be one of our guys, if we did that."

But doing that would mean the Cowboys would have to create yet another roster spot, something that will likely happen by Wednesday when they re-sign veteran safety and special teams standout Keith Davis.

It's likely the Cowboys will have to make a cut at either defensive back or the offensive line. Both positions currently have 11 players on the 53-man roster.

So adding a fourth receiver such as Amendola or Jefferson might be rather difficult. The Cowboys will certainly hope to make do in the meantime.

So far, the team has yet to reveal the offensive package that features both Marion Barber and Felix Jones in the backfield together. The Cowboys worked on that in practice some, but never showed it in a preseason game.

Also, rookie Martellus Bennett could get some snaps, alongside Witten, in the offense.

And don't rule out a defensive player possibly getting some work on offense. Cornerback Terence Newman has played a few snaps on the other side of the ball, but his groin injury that has kept him out for the last month will probably hinder that move. However, the Cowboys said back in the summer that Adam Jones might get a few touches on offense.

But if that is the case, Phillips was in no mood to show the card.

"It's a little early and we don't want to give out any secrets," Phillips said. "So I'd say right now we don't expect him to play much receiver."

But at this point, with the Cowboys running out of options, nothing should seem too farfetched.

WTF?!:angry12:
 9 years ago '07        #1685
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
I swear to jebus i hate wade phillips roley poley a.ss

oh yea GIANTS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!
 09-02-2008, 07:20 AM         #1686
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:angry3:
 9 years ago '04        #1687
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3266 3266
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
September 1, 2008 5:59 PM

"Options Limited"
Cowboys Hoping Stanback Can Play As No. 3 Receiver

IRVING, Texas - The Cowboys have five wide receivers on their active roster.

Two of them have been ruled out for this game.

Another receiver, who has not caught a pass in a regular-season game since his freshman year in college, has returned to practice after missing a week and is expected to play with a protective shoulder harness.

That leaves the two starting receivers, both of which missed games in the second half of last season with high-ankle sprains.

Should the Cowboys be worried about the wide receiver position as they head into Sunday's season opener in Cleveland?

Maybe so, especially with Miles Austin (sprained MCL) and Sam Hurd (high ankle sprain) ruled out for the first game.

And the Cowboys did make their own decision on Saturday to release Danny Amendola and Mike Jefferson, who both cleared waivers and are on the team's eight-man practice squad.

But there is some good news.

It starts with the fact that the two healthiest receivers are indeed the starters, and one of them happens to be six-time Pro Bowler Terrell Owens. The other, Patrick Crayton, is coming off a career season, catching 50 passes for 697 yards and seven touchdowns in 2007.

But you always need some depth, especially at wide receiver. The Cowboys are just fortunate that Isaiah Stanback, who opted not to have season-ending shoulder surgery last week, should be ready to play Sunday against the Browns.

Stanback, wearing a harness on his left shoulder, practiced Monday with the team and is expected to be the Cowboys' No. 3 receiver on the roster.

Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips sounded rather encouraged by Stanback's practice Monday.

"He caught the ball over his head, made a couple of real good catches," Phillips said. "(He) caught a curl route, caught the ball and ran with it, caught a couple of deep balls. One way over his head, one time. It looks good that he'll play and he'll be able to play as a third receiver for us. As long as no hitches come the rest of the week. But I thought he looked good in practice."

And it's about time the Cowboys had some good news at wide receiver.

They lost their third, fourth and fifth receivers to injury in each of the final preseason games.

Austin suffered his knee injury in the second game, while covering a kickoff in Denver. Ironically, the kickoff occurred following Austin hauling in a long pass from Brad Johnson and then a touchdown pass. He is expected to miss the first two regular-season games, if not longer.

The following week, Stanback had a double-whammy, re-injuring his shoulder while returning a kickoff that he fumbled away against the Texans. Stanback had a similar injury last year and required surgery at the end of the season.

However, he chose not to have the same procedure this year and is hoping to play through the pain.

And then in the final preseason game, the Cowboys kept nearly every starter out of the game and planned on playing Hurd only a handful of snaps. But while being tackled after a 35-yard gain off a reverse run, Hurd suffered the high-ankle sprain.

The Cowboys ruled him out of Sunday's game in Cleveland, but there is a chance he could be ready to play for the Sept. 15 game against Philadelphia, the home opener at Texas Stadium.

But the Cowboys are just trying to get through the first week.

Phillips said on Monday the club hasn't completely made a decision regarding how many receivers will be active on Sunday, and hasn't ruled out taking four.

"We hadn't finalized what our final 45 for the game will be," Phillips said, referring to the 45-player game-day active list. "Normally you take four receivers. We do have some tight ends that, especially (Jason) Witten, can play in the slot for you. It gives you some more versatility. Felix Jones gives us some too. But it's a decision I have to come to maybe take a fourth receiver to the game."

Phillips later said that the fourth receiver would come from the practice squad, moving up either Amendola or Jefferson.

"It'd be hard to bring in anyone on Wednesday who doesn't know the system," Phillips said. "You can't really see if they can play. I think it'll be one of our guys, if we did that."

But doing that would mean the Cowboys would have to create yet another roster spot, something that will likely happen by Wednesday when they re-sign veteran safety and special teams standout Keith Davis.

It's likely the Cowboys will have to make a cut at either defensive back or the offensive line. Both positions currently have 11 players on the 53-man roster.

So adding a fourth receiver such as Amendola or Jefferson might be rather difficult. The Cowboys will certainly hope to make do in the meantime.

So far, the team has yet to reveal the offensive package that features both Marion Barber and Felix Jones in the backfield together. The Cowboys worked on that in practice some, but never showed it in a preseason game.

Also, rookie Martellus Bennett could get some snaps, alongside Witten, in the offense.

And don't rule out a defensive player possibly getting some work on offense. Cornerback Terence Newman has played a few snaps on the other side of the ball, but his groin injury that has kept him out for the last month will probably hinder that move. However, the Cowboys said back in the summer that Adam Jones might get a few touches on offense.

But if that is the case, Phillips was in no mood to show the card.

"It's a little early and we don't want to give out any secrets," Phillips said. "So I'd say right now we don't expect him to play much receiver."

But at this point, with the Cowboys running out of options, nothing should seem too farfetched.

WTF?!:angry12:
i think we'll be set tho..as long as TO, Crayton and Witten are str8 we should be in good shape...now if one of them goes down then i think we might should worry bout our receiver situation...only thing i'm concerned about is how well our secondary will play come opening day, they look a lil better buh the Texans did work them ova a lil bit once Schaub got comfortable and we didnt pressure him as much...buh maybe thats cuz T-New wont playin...i hope Adam shakes off the rust quickly tho cuz we gonna need him
 09-03-2008, 08:25 AM         #1688
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Only running a 2 receiver set makes us predictable...we can't spread out the defense that way. What I think they'll try to do is put Witten, Bennett or Felix in the slot to keep teams honest on D, otherwise they can just stack the box pretty frequently and make it difficult to pound the rock.

I don't think we'll necessarily struggle on offense, but having a 3rd receiver makes us a bigger threat. Miles Austin's injury was the most disappointing, because I think he was really pushing for alot more playing time this season after showing so much in camp/preseason...now he has to get himself healthy and f!ght his way back into the lineup.

They're saying Stanback should play, but I'd rather see Hurd and Austin in there.
 9 years ago '04        #1689
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3266 3266
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Only running a 2 receiver set makes us predictable...we can't spread out the defense that way. What I think they'll try to do is put Witten, Bennett or Felix in the slot to keep teams honest on D, otherwise they can just stack the box pretty frequently and make it difficult to pound the rock.

I don't think we'll necessarily struggle on offense, but having a 3rd receiver makes us a bigger threat. Miles Austin's injury was the most disappointing, because I think he was really pushing for alot more playing time this season after showing so much in camp/preseason...now he has to get himself healthy and f!ght his way back into the lineup.

They're saying Stanback should play, but I'd rather see Hurd and Austin in there.
yea i feel u in what u sayin, buh luckily we got weapons on offense and that Felix has progressed into a back that can be a recieving threat, buh u would think teams would be more conscious of the passing game that we have since we passed the ball a lot more than we ran(which was part of our downfall against the Pats...the way we abandoned the run in the 3rd) buh hopefully we'll pound the rock more and it will be jus as effective as last year...they should use Stanback in a trick play bein that he was a college QB and all, jus completely catch the D off guard, if it would even work that is..i'm sure i'm jus wishful thinkin for the moment:dancingcool:
 9 years ago '05        #1690
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 texasplayboy_23 said:

The good thing we have is two tight ends who can run routes and catch the ball. And there's always the chance they run a two wide, two back set, with either Felix or MBIII or both running routes. There's still plenty of things we can do, even with only two proven receivers, just for the fact that everybody that we put on the field can catch the ball.
 09-04-2008, 05:59 AM         #1691
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree...and I don't know what exactly happened to Bennett, but somehow a fire was lit under his @ss and he's startin to look REAL good...he could be unstoppable in the redzone.

Felix's hands are damn good, he caught some tough passes that he shouldn't have in that last game. I hope they put Barber and him in the backfield together like they said they would. I like Deon Anderson too, I'm glad he's back. I think the run game will be more effective with him.

chctynig2804 said:
yea i feel u in what u sayin, buh luckily we got weapons on offense and that Felix has progressed into a back that can be a recieving threat, buh u would think teams would be more conscious of the passing game that we have since we passed the ball a lot more than we ran(which was part of our downfall against the Pats...the way we abandoned the run in the 3rd) buh hopefully we'll pound the rock more and it will be jus as effective as last year...they should use Stanback in a trick play bein that he was a college QB and all, jus completely catch the D off guard, if it would even work that is..i'm sure i'm jus wishful thinkin for the moment:dancingcool:
True. It looked like they ran the ball more in preseason, I hope they stick with it throughout the season.

I almost forgot about Stanback being a QB cause I can't remember seein them use him on trick plays...they need to throw a few of those in every now and then too.
 9 years ago '05        #1692
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
I agree...and I don't know what exactly happened to Bennett, but somehow a fire was lit under his @ss and he's startin to look REAL good...he could be unstoppable in the redzone.

Felix's hands are damn good, he caught some tough passes that he shouldn't have in that last game. I hope they put Barber and him in the backfield together like they said they would. I like Deon Anderson too, I'm glad he's back. I think the run game will be more effective with him.

True. It looked like they ran the ball more in preseason, I hope they stick with it throughout the season.

I almost forgot about Stanback being a QB cause I can't remember seein them use him on trick plays...they need to throw a few of those in every now and then too.

I strongly doubt that they will through in any trick plays but, I will say this though Stanback will suprise the most of us. Hopefull Miles will be back by week two. I can see that Cleveland would be majority a ground attack approach. WOW @ Bennett also where did all that lazyness go?
 9 years ago '06        #1693
Pitts Gutta 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,927 | Props total: 12 12
Are there any official words if Stanback and Newman will be ready for week 1?
 9 years ago '05        #1694
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Pitts Gutta said:
Are there any official words if Stanback and Newman will be ready for week 1?

I heard one of the announcers from the Giants game say Pac man was starting and nothing on Stanback
 9 years ago '05        #1695
BoSox84 
space
space
I'm thinking JG is gonna make more of a commitment to the run this season. That was part of what cost us the game against the Midgets in the playoffs. We eventually just started passing every play, and when it wasn't a pass, it was a draw, and those weren't working.
 9 years ago '06        #1696
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
Im hearing no Jamal Lewis tomorrow ???

Not confirmed

I know that Newman wont start tomorrow but possibly will be used in Nickel/Dime.... I think we'll see a lot of Scandrick tomorrow

Im worried about Pac being outmuscled & Henry being outran if matched on Braylon, I know he had that cut on his toe maybe its fu*ked w/ his speed

we'll see

Last edited by eLLz; 09-06-2008 at 06:25 PM..
 09-07-2008, 01:54 AM         #1697
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It looks like Jamal Lewis will be a gametime decision, but I'm certain of one thing...even though Brandon McDonald has been watching tape on TO since June, he's STILL gonna get sh*tted on. Chad took a healthy dump on him last year with over 200 yards and 2 TD's. Eric Wright is on the other side, and I think Crayton will abuse him as well.

I was reading how they don't plan on motioning their corners with TO...which is most likely zone coverage....good luck with that.

I'm worried about that Pac/Braylon matchup too though. Pac is waaaay to aggressive, so he's vulnerable to bite on double moves and great route running. If that happens we're going to get k!lled with big plays. Hamlin better have his @ss in position to make the play. Henry's pretty reliable, but like you said he isn't the fastest cat on the team.

Jenkins is aggressive too, so I hope we run zone until Newman's back and Pac/Jenkins get more comfortable with the position.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 09-07-2008 at 02:03 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #1698
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 texasplayboy_23 said:
It looks like Jamal Lewis will be a gametime decision, but I'm certain of one thing...even though Brandon McDonald has been watching tape on TO since June, he's STILL gonna get sh*tted on. Chad took a healthy dump on him last year with over 200 yards and 2 TD's. Eric Wright is on the other side, and I think Crayton will abuse him as well.

I was reading how they don't plan on motioning their corners with TO...which is most likely zone coverage....good luck with that.

I'm worried about that Pac/Braylon matchup too though. Pac is waaaay to aggressive, so he's vulnerable to bite on double moves and great route running. If that happens we're going to get k!lled with big plays. Hamlin better have his @ss in position to make the play. Henry's pretty reliable, but like you said he isn't the fastest cat on the team.

Jenkins is aggressive too, so I hope we run zone until Newman's back and Pac/Jenkins get more comfortable with the position.
I dont think Jenkins is ready personally.... Id rather have Scandrick on the field, Im not saying that Jenkins ceiling isnt higher but if were judging off camp/preseason then Scandrick should be higher on the depth for now

The bigger problem w/ losing Newman is that now you cant shift Henry out to Safety, were gonna have to keep Roy on the field & I dont like him in the open field against Winslow but hes played HELLA better this preseason then Ive seen him in years, I dont know how well that will translate but its kind of encouraging

Offensively Im not worried about any of the Browns corners... Worst comes to worst we line up Felix Jones in the slot & take a DB out of the play, no LB in the league can run w/ him & we'll be able to get some single coverage opps w/ our Wideouts
 9 years ago '05        #1699
BoSox84 
space
space
I'm completely dissatisfied with Wade Phillips right now. I didn't see enough of MIKE JENKINS MIKE JENKINS MIKE JENKINS!!! on the field today. Wade better start playin him more or he will get an angry letter from me every day for the rest of his life. Hell I might just show up to his house and :slap:

:angry3:
 9 years ago '05        #1700
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
Did any1 pick up Ray Lewis Lil brother.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
78 comments
1 day ago