Dallas Cowboys

most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
17 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Tom Savage concussion makes clear that NFL's protocol has major issues
12 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-28-2008, 02:37 PM         #1621
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hes a good coach, hell if Parcells cant do it then I don't know if anyone can
 07-29-2008, 07:25 AM         #1622
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Parcells is a great coach and helped build a great team, but he wasn't the right coach for this team in this era. Players are different now, they don't respond well to "in-your-face" coaching anymore.

At the same time, being too laid back can cause a team to lose focus...coaches need that happy medium.
 07-30-2008, 07:01 AM         #1623
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mickey Spagnola
DallasCowboys.com Columnist
July 29, 2008 12:14 PM

Injuries Strike Cornerback Position Once Again

OXNARD, Calif. - And on the fourth day of training camp, the Cowboys suffered their first injury of note.

How serious that injury is, though, is unknown.

Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman, about one hour into Monday morning's session, suffered a strained groin and did not return to practice. Newman also missed the afternoon practice, and it seemed unlikely he would be ready to resume practicing on Tuesday.

"I can't say to the degree," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said of the seriousness of Newman's injury after the day's second practice. "Now, my trainers don't seem to be too excited about the seriousness of it."

There is a possibility the Cowboys are going to send Newman for an MRI to further examine the severity of the injury and better determine if it's a strain, pull or tear.

Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips called the injury a "strain right now," and said he didn't think it was "serious." Phillips said the club should "know more" on Tuesday.

There would seem to be a good chance Newman will rest the groin on Tuesday, no matter what, since the team only has one practice. And, he might even use Wednesday's two-a-day session for some rehab, if able, since the Cowboys trainers generally do not like to return injured players to practice on a two-a-day session.

But unlike last year when the Cowboys suffered an injury to one of their starting corners - or both - the situation didn't look as dire in practice. Taking Newman's place at left cornerback with the first team was first-round draft choice Mike Jenkins. And when they went into the nickel, this time with Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones no longer on the team, Jenkins remained at left corner and last year's seventh-round pick, Alan Ball, went into the slot.

And that nickel looked even stronger when the Cowboys employed just one linebacker against the offense's multiple-receiver set, moving Anthony Henry into the slot opposite Ball and bringing in Adam Jones at right corner, along with Pat Watkins at safety for Roy Williams.

Phillips said they want to keep giving Jenkins as many reps as possible, and seemed hesitant to start moving guys around, like Adam Jones from right corner behind Anthony Henry to Newman's left cornerback spot with the first team.

Also not practicing on Monday were inside linebacker Justin Rogers (stomach virus), cornerback Quincy Butler (hamstring strain) and Tearrius George (bone bruise on the knee). None of the injuries seem long term.

Newman suffered his injury in somewhat of a peculiar way for a strained groin. While trying to make a tackle, another player's knee struck inside one thigh, stretching him back in an awkward position and causing the groin in his other leg to stretch out. Newman was able to walk off the field and back on to watch the remainder of the morning practice and did stand to the side for Monday's second workout.

...isn't it great not havin to panic when a corner is out for a few weeks? Just as long as he's ready in September I'm happy.

Our nickel is going to be the sh*t, I can't wait to see it in action.
 9 years ago '05        #1624
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Mickey Spagnola
DallasCowboys.com Columnist
July 29, 2008 12:14 PM

Injuries Strike Cornerback Position Once Again

OXNARD, Calif. - And on the fourth day of training camp, the Cowboys suffered their first injury of note.

How serious that injury is, though, is unknown.

Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman, about one hour into Monday morning's session, suffered a strained groin and did not return to practice. Newman also missed the afternoon practice, and it seemed unlikely he would be ready to resume practicing on Tuesday.

"I can't say to the degree," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said of the seriousness of Newman's injury after the day's second practice. "Now, my trainers don't seem to be too excited about the seriousness of it."

There is a possibility the Cowboys are going to send Newman for an MRI to further examine the severity of the injury and better determine if it's a strain, pull or tear.

Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips called the injury a "strain right now," and said he didn't think it was "serious." Phillips said the club should "know more" on Tuesday.

There would seem to be a good chance Newman will rest the groin on Tuesday, no matter what, since the team only has one practice. And, he might even use Wednesday's two-a-day session for some rehab, if able, since the Cowboys trainers generally do not like to return injured players to practice on a two-a-day session.

But unlike last year when the Cowboys suffered an injury to one of their starting corners - or both - the situation didn't look as dire in practice. Taking Newman's place at left cornerback with the first team was first-round draft choice Mike Jenkins. And when they went into the nickel, this time with Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones no longer on the team, Jenkins remained at left corner and last year's seventh-round pick, Alan Ball, went into the slot.

And that nickel looked even stronger when the Cowboys employed just one linebacker against the offense's multiple-receiver set, moving Anthony Henry into the slot opposite Ball and bringing in Adam Jones at right corner, along with Pat Watkins at safety for Roy Williams.

Phillips said they want to keep giving Jenkins as many reps as possible, and seemed hesitant to start moving guys around, like Adam Jones from right corner behind Anthony Henry to Newman's left cornerback spot with the first team.

Also not practicing on Monday were inside linebacker Justin Rogers (stomach virus), cornerback Quincy Butler (hamstring strain) and Tearrius George (bone bruise on the knee). None of the injuries seem long term.

Newman suffered his injury in somewhat of a peculiar way for a strained groin. While trying to make a tackle, another player's knee struck inside one thigh, stretching him back in an awkward position and causing the groin in his other leg to stretch out. Newman was able to walk off the field and back on to watch the remainder of the morning practice and did stand to the side for Monday's second workout.

...isn't it great not havin to panic when a corner is out for a few weeks? Just as long as he's ready in September I'm happy.

Our nickel is going to be the sh*t, I can't wait to see it in action.
Just leave him out the rest of training camp. Let this thing completely heal. This gives Jenkins, Scandrick and Ball an opportunity. We already know what TNew can do.
 07-31-2008, 01:54 AM         #1625
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^They say Butler's been nagged with a hamstring and Ball has a minor ankle sprain. I'm lookin out for Evan Oglesby...Deion said he'd surprise some people.

It looks like Phillips has been trying out swapping Ratliff and Spears on the line. He didn't say it would be permanent, just that it helps to interchange players for match-up purposes. Tank has been getting reps at the nose too, but I hope he eventually wins the spot. I wouldn't mind seeing Ratliff stay at that other end spot either....Spears,

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 07-31-2008 at 01:57 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #1626
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Barbarian Hit: Most vicious of training camp

During one-on-one blocking drills RB Marion Barber just delieverd the most violent hit of training camp. He blasted linebacker Tyson Smith and knocked him completely on his back to the roar of the crowd. Barber took his turn and walked away. Smith couldn't get up and the play ended the drill.

Smith was knocked silly and rested on one knee with the trainers on the field.
:applause: MBIII is gonna beast on fools this year :applause:
 08-01-2008, 01:27 AM         #1627
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:wow:He knocks out his own teammates....opponents beware!:sick:
 9 years ago '05        #1628
BoSox84 
space
space
Roy Williams: 'I got a lot of people to shut up’
By NEWY SCRUGGS
newy@newdawg.com

There is a love-hate relationship with the Metroplex media and Dallas Cowboys safety Roy Williams. He went from a media favorite his rookie season to a player who rarely came into the locker room during media access.

He has been put down and told he’s no good by one too many media members for his liking.

Redemption. That is what the 2008 NFL season is about for Roy Williams.

The four-time Pro Bowler has lost weight and changed his number back to 38, which he wore at Oklahoma.

I spoke with Williams for 35 minutes Sunday off camera and we spoke for another 35 minutes on camera Tuesday.

Do you read the paper? I read the paper now. It’s important. I need to know what people are really feeling, what they are saying about me.

As you’ve read it, what did you find out? It fueled me. It fueled me up. That’s why this season is going to be a good season. I got a lot of people to shut up.

You feel the media coverage of you is unfair? Have I been done wrong? Probably. I mean I feel the best thing for me to do is not to talk. I don’t have any anger toward them. I do interviews now. I have actually done interviews with people who have said stuff about me. There is no anger there.

Do you take it personally? Yeah, I take it personally.

Do you have thick skin? Why should I have thick skin? I am a human being. I’m not saying I’m a sensitive person, but when you attack somebody’s character and you don’t have anything positive to say about somebody, why should I be overjoyed to be having an interview with somebody who’s been tearing me up, and you have all these other fans buying into the stuff ... and it’s not even correct.

Then you want to put a microphone in my mouth and smile in front of my face? No. Don’t be like that. Shoot me straight. I’m a grown man. You don’t have to lie to me.

How do you feel about your cover skills? I feel great about them. I feel great about my cover skills. Great.

What if you aren’t playing on third downs? I don’t have a problem with that. Our main goal is to win games, and that’s what I want to do. If me being on the sideline and letting Anthony [Henry] and Adam [Jones] go in there and play, that’s totally fine by me. I’m not bigger than the team.

Any forgiveness toward your critics? Football is a show-me game. I am under a microscope, which is a good thing. But this season ... is my season. I’m gettin’ down. Until I leave here I’m gettin’ down. I’m not playing for them [critics], but I want to let them know ain’t nothing wrong with me. I got this. I’m going to do this. I love this game. I love my teammates and being a Cowboy.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has said Williams has been having a fine training camp. As for battles with the local media, time will either expose Williams or promote him.
Says he's lost weight maybe he's making more of a commitment to the coverage side of things?
 08-03-2008, 04:01 AM         #1629
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Poor Roy:(...there's a reason people criticize you buddy, so don't act like we're making this stuff up.

Well I damn sure hope he's back, cause I'm sick of him being the gameplan for opposing QB's every week.
 9 years ago '05        #1630
BoSox84 
space
space

Check out picture #7, Tyson Smith after getting destroyed my MBIII on the block
 9 years ago '05        #1631
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,410 | Props total: 394 394
 BoSox84 said:

Check out picture #7, Tyson Smith after getting destroyed my MBIII on the block

Aw man I need that video. It's looked like he was still dazed. LOL MBIII
 9 years ago '07        #1632
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,886 | Props total: 2241 2241
damn MBIII must have went medieval on tyson smith
 9 years ago '06        #1633
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,356 | Props total: 346 346
 texasplayboy_23 said:
:Well I damn sure hope he's back, cause I'm sick of him being the gameplan for opposing QB's every week.

ADG Approved :disdain2:
 9 years ago '05        #1634
bootsy 
space
space
space
Did anybody see Zach Thomas's hit on one of the backup RB's today. I forgot the player's name but they said he was Ray Lewis's stepbrother. They showed the hit on NFL Network.
 9 years ago '05        #1635
BoSox84 
space
space
^^Keon Lattimore??
 9 years ago '06        #1636
Pitts Gutta 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,927 | Props total: 12 12
This is our year!!!!!!
 9 years ago '05        #1637
bootsy 
space
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
^^Keon Lattimore??
Yes that's it
 9 years ago '07        #1638
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,886 | Props total: 2241 2241
 bootsy said:
Yes that's it
u got a link?
 08-08-2008, 01:46 PM         #1639
lyricallyblind  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how bout them redskins !
 08-12-2008, 09:15 AM         #1640
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^

bootsy said:
Did anybody see Zach Thomas's hit on one of the backup RB's today. I forgot the player's name but they said he was Ray Lewis's stepbrother. They showed the hit on NFL Network.
I don't know about that hit, but tell me someone saw this one on HBO...:character62:

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 08-12-2008 at 09:25 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
49 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now