Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-04-2008, 07:25 AM         #1561
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Rob Phillips
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
June 3, 2008 7:35 PM

Pacman Making Plays In Debut

IRVING, Texas - Terrell Owens didn't see the interception for a would-be touchdown at Tuesday's voluntary OTA practice session. He was in New York handling some personal business before flying back to Dallas for the press conference at Texas Stadium announcing his three-year contract extension.

But Owens quickly got word of Adam "Pacman" Jones' pick at Valley Ranch.

"I did get a text from (Tony) Romo," Owens said. "He said he missed my speed out there, and he said Pacman looked pretty good."

Jones picked off first-year veteran quarterback Richard Bartel in team drills, not Romo. But the Cowboys' cornerback apparently looked impressive for a guy who hadn't played organized football in 14 months until NFL commissioner Roger Goodell granted him partial reinstatement to join his new team for off-season workouts, meetings, training camp and preseason.

Jones has not been fully reinstated for the 2008 season. Goodell plans to make that decision by Sept. 1, but Monday's announcement indicates Jones has a good chance of playing for the Cowboys if he can continue to "conduct himself in a lawful and reliable manner," as the league put it in a statement.

"It's a step. There are more steps," Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said. "This is an opportunity for him from the league and we'll see how it goes from there. I too believe the commitment that he's making and the recognition that he sees how things are if you don't get to be in the National Football League and how things are when you get to the National Football League."

Both Pacman Jones and Owens are expected to participate in Wednesday's workout, which finally could match up two of the league's most talented players at their respective positions in practice.

"I would've prevented that interception (today)," Owens laughed.

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '05        #1562
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
 texasplayboy_23 said:

Rob Phillips
June 3, 2008 7:35 PM

Pacman Making Plays In Debut

IRVING, Texas - Terrell Owens didn't see the interception for a would-be touchdown at Tuesday's voluntary OTA practice session. He was in New York handling some personal business before flying back to Dallas for the press conference at Texas Stadium announcing his three-year contract extension.

But Owens quickly got word of Adam "Pacman" Jones' pick at Valley Ranch.

"I did get a text from (Tony) Romo," Owens said. "He said he missed my speed out there, and he said Pacman looked pretty good."

Jones picked off first-year veteran quarterback Richard Bartel in team drills, not Romo. But the Cowboys' cornerback apparently looked impressive for a guy who hadn't played organized football in 14 months until NFL commissioner Roger Goodell granted him partial reinstatement to join his new team for off-season workouts, meetings, training camp and preseason.

Jones has not been fully reinstated for the 2008 season. Goodell plans to make that decision by Sept. 1, but Monday's announcement indicates Jones has a good chance of playing for the Cowboys if he can continue to "conduct himself in a lawful and reliable manner," as the league put it in a statement.

"It's a step. There are more steps," Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said. "This is an opportunity for him from the league and we'll see how it goes from there. I too believe the commitment that he's making and the recognition that he sees how things are if you don't get to be in the National Football League and how things are when you get to the National Football League."

Both Pacman Jones and Owens are expected to participate in Wednesday's workout, which finally could match up two of the league's most talented players at their respective positions in practice.

"I would've prevented that interception (today)," Owens laughed.

[pic - click to view]

Props
 06-04-2008, 08:05 AM         #1563
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm amped as sh*t...I can't wait to see all these cats in training camp on HBO. I wonder if Pacman can beat out Henry for the #2 spot.

And I can only "hope" that Roy either gets his sh*t together or Pat Watkins steps in and Hamlin gets moved to SS....wishful thinkin.
 10 years ago '06        #1564
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
^^^ I cant wait either, I think Pacman can grab that number two spot, I think the only thing was holding him back was conditioning since being out of football for over a year. But seems like he hasnt missed a step. I dont think Henry will lay down and let Jones take his sh*t like that, but i do plan on seeing a great battle in Training Camp for that spot....
 10 years ago '05        #1565
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
ROY WILLIAMS is a biscuit away from linebacker- The Tuna ( realest sh*t ever spoken)
 06-05-2008, 03:25 AM         #1566
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Against D Grain said:
^^^ I cant wait either, I think Pacman can grab that number two spot, I think the only thing was holding him back was conditioning since being out of football for over a year. But seems like he hasnt missed a step. I dont think Henry will lay down and let Jones take his sh*t like that, but i do plan on seeing a great battle in Training Camp for that spot....
After 2 OTA's, Henry's spot looks good as gone. Especially with Deion mentoring him the way he is. Henry may not be out of a job though, he "could" just get another one....peep this...
 06-05-2008, 03:27 AM         #1567
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Nick Eatman
June 4, 2008 5:57 PM

Henry Makes First Steps Toward Safety

IRVING, Texas - Last season, the Cowboys found themselves scrambling for cornerbacks. If all goes well this year, the team will have to get creative to put them all on the field at once.

The addition of Adam "Pacman" Jones and first-round pick Mike Jenkins has the cornerback position potentially crowded alongside returning starters Terence Newman and Anthony Henry. That's why the Cowboys are working on a few defensive packages that could possibly get more corners on the field at once, maybe even four at a time.

But to do that, one of them will be working as a safety in the nickel and dime packages. And so far in the OTA's, that player has been Henry, who actually got some experience at safety early in his career with Cleveland.

"They've spoken to me a little bit about it, but it's not set in stone right now," Henry said. "I'm just trying to go with the flow and see what happens. I'm not sure at this point. Right now, I'm going inside and working with the dime, covering the tight ends in the slot. That's another thing they added in for me to work on right now. I'm just going with the flow and seeing what happens."

Henry said one specific package has him playing in a "dime backer" role, a position that Roy Williams played some last season. Henry said that package would also allow the Cowboys to play Newman, Pacman Jones and Jenkins at the same time.

For now, Henry said he's not sure the Cowboys are thinking about a full-time move from cornerback to safety. But if they are, he said he would prefer them to tell him now so he can get ready for the start of the season.

"That's the thing I've wondered about," said Henry, who played three seasons at safety at South Florida before moving to cornerback as a senior. "If (I'm) going to do that, I think I should do it now so I can get an opportunity to really learn and get it down instead of going into training camp and the preseason and try to learn on the run. But right now, safety hasn't been brought up in a while. So I guess that's not what they want to do right now."

While the cornerbacks have some depth, that's not exactly the case at safety, especially right now with Ken Hamlin missing the entire off-season because of a contract dispute. Hamlin has not signed his franchise tender and has yet to participate in any of the team's off-season conditioning program or the three weeks of OTA practices.

Along with Roy Williams, the Cowboys have been working Pat Watkins and Courtney Brown at the safety position.

While Henry said he doesn't anticipate making a full-time switch to safety this year, he did admit he would like to make the switch at some point in his career.

"Yeah, I look forward to playing it," Henry said. "I'm not sure what's going to happen here. At some point, I want to do it because I want to further my career and I know I can play it well. I'm not saying that right now is the time, but if it was, I wish they would just do it now so I can focus on it and get ready for the season."

Other cornerbacks who have moved to safety later in their careers include Rod Woodson, Carnell Lake and Aeneas Williams.

[pic - click to view]

:wow::applause:
 10 years ago '06        #1568
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
^^^ Thats whats up, I would love for Henry to go to safety, also glad he aint acting like a bi*ch about it. Taking one for the team and doing whats best for the team goes along way in my book..
 06-05-2008, 09:50 PM         #1569
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Having Henry, Newman, Pacman, Jenkins and Hamlin in the secondary at the same time would be insane. That would let us be more aggressive and blitz Ware and Ellis even more than last season.

I didn't know Henry played most of college at safety, and some when he was first with Cleveland.

I'll give Phillips his props, he's finding ways to get all his playmakers on the field.
 10 years ago '05        #1570
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
I didn't know he had played some in Cleveland, but I did know that he played a lot in college. He made the shift to corner his senior year to get some versatility
 06-05-2008, 10:08 PM         #1571
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well let's switch his @ss back and squeeze Roy out of our secondary.

....seriously though.
 10 years ago '05        #1572
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:

Nick Eatman
June 4, 2008 5:57 PM

Henry Makes First Steps Toward Safety

IRVING, Texas - Last season, the Cowboys found themselves scrambling for cornerbacks. If all goes well this year, the team will have to get creative to put them all on the field at once.

The addition of Adam "Pacman" Jones and first-round pick Mike Jenkins has the cornerback position potentially crowded alongside returning starters Terence Newman and Anthony Henry. That's why the Cowboys are working on a few defensive packages that could possibly get more corners on the field at once, maybe even four at a time.

But to do that, one of them will be working as a safety in the nickel and dime packages. And so far in the OTA's, that player has been Henry, who actually got some experience at safety early in his career with Cleveland.

"They've spoken to me a little bit about it, but it's not set in stone right now," Henry said. "I'm just trying to go with the flow and see what happens. I'm not sure at this point. Right now, I'm going inside and working with the dime, covering the tight ends in the slot. That's another thing they added in for me to work on right now. I'm just going with the flow and seeing what happens."

Henry said one specific package has him playing in a "dime backer" role, a position that Roy Williams played some last season. Henry said that package would also allow the Cowboys to play Newman, Pacman Jones and Jenkins at the same time.

For now, Henry said he's not sure the Cowboys are thinking about a full-time move from cornerback to safety. But if they are, he said he would prefer them to tell him now so he can get ready for the start of the season.

"That's the thing I've wondered about," said Henry, who played three seasons at safety at South Florida before moving to cornerback as a senior. "If (I'm) going to do that, I think I should do it now so I can get an opportunity to really learn and get it down instead of going into training camp and the preseason and try to learn on the run. But right now, safety hasn't been brought up in a while. So I guess that's not what they want to do right now."

While the cornerbacks have some depth, that's not exactly the case at safety, especially right now with Ken Hamlin missing the entire off-season because of a contract dispute. Hamlin has not signed his franchise tender and has yet to participate in any of the team's off-season conditioning program or the three weeks of OTA practices.

Along with Roy Williams, the Cowboys have been working Pat Watkins and Courtney Brown at the safety position.

While Henry said he doesn't anticipate making a full-time switch to safety this year, he did admit he would like to make the switch at some point in his career.

"Yeah, I look forward to playing it," Henry said. "I'm not sure what's going to happen here. At some point, I want to do it because I want to further my career and I know I can play it well. I'm not saying that right now is the time, but if it was, I wish they would just do it now so I can focus on it and get ready for the season."

Other cornerbacks who have moved to safety later in their careers include Rod Woodson, Carnell Lake and Aeneas Williams.

[pic - click to view]

:wow::applause:

:wow: HAPPY BDAY TO me. This is the type of news I wanted. :applause:
 06-06-2008, 08:10 AM         #1573
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If this happens I officially get to change my sig.
 10 years ago '05        #1574
BoSox84 
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
If this happens I officially get to change my sig.
And throw Mikey Mike up in that bi*ch
 06-07-2008, 06:19 AM         #1575
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ecko made it for me, but I can't figure out how to edit stuff like that...any suggestions?
 10 years ago '05        #1576
BoSox84 
space
space
Jerry needs to come hook me up with an HDTV like he's puttin in the new stadium.
 9 years ago '04        #1577
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3267 3267
lots of news i see been posted since the last time i been on here...whats up everybody? i been MIA for like a month now cuz i been workin and aint got no internet at the moment, buh finally got some time back on lol...
 9 years ago '05        #1578
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
Damn: Terry glenn wants the cowboys to switch the talk on the waiver situtation or he'll walk.....
 9 years ago '05        #1579
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
Glenn told ESPN's Ed Werder that he wants to be released if Jones continues to bar him from preparing for the season by attempting to force him to sign the waiver.

"I'm not signing any waiver," said Glenn, who said he wants to move on with his career if the Cowboys no longer want him.

While the receiver has not been able to practice and has done his own workouts, Glenn has seen his own personal doctor in Columbus, Ohio, who performed his right knee surgery last year. Both believe the health of his knee is not an issue.

Jones took a swipe at Glenn when he recently said he paid Glenn, who missed the first 15 games last year after two knee operations, a $5 million roster bonus last offseason and only got four regular-season plays for the money.

Glenn twice underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in an effort to play last season. Jones praised Glenn at the time for ignoring doctors who wanted to perform microfracture surgery that requires a full year of rehabilitation and threatened to end the 33 year-old receiver's career.

Jones said he had an agreement with Glenn before the receiver fired his agent. Jones said they haven't spoken since.

"I'm not talking about it because I don't have an answer for it at all, and I'm certainly not going to sit here and negotiate," Jones said. "He has had an agent before and we worked things out, and then it didn't work out, so we will see where we go."

Hamlin hasn't signed a $4.4 million tender since the Cowboys designated him as their franchise player in February. Hamlin made his first Pro Bowl last season after he had 62 tackles and five interceptions.

Jones aid he wasn't worried about Hamlin, who is locked up through the 2008 season.

"I'm not at all," Jones said. "That's a lot of money. And he'll play."

The absence of Owens and Glenn is providing an opportunity for Sam Hurd, Miles Austin and other young receivers to get extra snaps and more time working with Romo in practice. Phillips said Owens wouldn't have gotten "as many reps anyway in the minicamp" in an effort to take care of T.O.

Owens led the NFL with 13 touchdown catches in 2006 and had an NFC-best 15 more last year for a two-year total that is tops in the league. He has 166 catches for 2,535 yards in his two seasons with the Cowboys.

T.O. is ninth on the career receptions list with 882, 10th in receiving yards with 13,070 and third in touchdowns with 129 -- the most among active players, and trailing only Jerry Rice (197) and Cris Carter (130).

Notes
The team's first practice Tuesday was cut short by 45 minutes because of heavy winds and an approaching thunderstorm. The afternoon session was held in the team's practice bubble and went later than scheduled to make up for some of the missed earlier time. ... Jay Ratliff, a former seventh-round pick who became a starter at nose guard last season and then got a $20.5 million, five-year contract extension, is again taking snaps at defensive end. "I don't think full-time right now, just because he's played so well at nose guard," coach Wade Phillips said. "We don't want to lose that."

Information from ESPN NFL reporter Ed Werder and The a.ssociated Press was used in this report.
 06-17-2008, 08:12 PM         #1580
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chctynig2804 said:
lots of news i see been posted since the last time i been on here...whats up everybody? i been MIA for like a month now cuz i been workin and aint got no internet at the moment, buh finally got some time back on lol...
...not much has been going on. I'm sure the thread will pick up once episodes of camp start coming on in August.

BoSox84 said:
Jerry needs to come hook me up with an HDTV like he's puttin in the new stadium.
That sh*t is suppose extend from 1 20 yard line to the other, that's crazy.:wow:

Jaiden05 said:
Damn: Terry glenn wants the cowboys to switch the talk on the waiver situtation or he'll walk.....
Fu*k Glenn, let him hobble his 1-legged @ss on out of the facility for good.:finger:
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
148 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
60 comments
2 days ago