most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #1521
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 smokeweed101. said:
I wasn't talking about his actual shape f*g**t, his playing shape and he isn't as good as Moss especially at catching balls. It doesn't help having an inexperienced QB. Say what you want but teams don't play to lose in the first round. :rolleyes:
Um Um Um. I just gonna let texas handle this one.:banghead:
 05-10-2008, 06:21 PM         #1522
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
me and bootsy dont see that much in common but even i have to agree with him on that is a particulaly dumb statement :banghead:

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 05-10-2008 at 06:23 PM..
 05-10-2008, 06:40 PM         #1523
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
I wasn't talking about his actual shape f*g**t, his playing shape and he isn't as good as Moss especially at catching balls. It doesn't help having an inexperienced QB. Say what you want but teams don't play to lose in the first round. :rolleyes:
It's football, playing shape and physical shape go hand in hand. And speaking of Moss, I recall him dropping a wide open walk-in TD. Yeah he caught the next TD pass right after that, but a drop is a drop.

So, now you're calling Romo inexperienced?:rolleyes: Well inexperienced QB's aren't accused of choking, they're accused of being "inexperienced". How about you use 1 argument and stick to it...stop contradicting yourself like a bumbling fool...are you like 13 or somethin?

Oh....Dallas had a 1st round bye, so how did they lose in the 1st round?:hang:

Black_Deuce said:

not agreeing with smokeweed about TO, but as far as this,

the blocking fell apart in the playoff game and our great NY defensive line is to thank for that. but as good as they played it could have been alot worse. the Oline is better than any other in the league. dallas send 3 out of 5 of they lineman as pro bowlers to Hawaii off of pass pro alone. that says alot about how much time he has in the pocket
I wouldn't say pass protection alone. Barber ate you guys up in the 1st half of that game. And during the regular season the running game was pretty effective despite Julius's b*tch @ss. But then Garrett stopped utilizing the run in alot of games. If you look at our 3 losses, Barber wasn't getting the rock enough...it wasn't balanced at all.

It will change this season though. Barber will be used to pound that front-7, and Felix will be used outside the hash marks...I'm sure Garrett has ALOT planned for him.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 05-10-2008 at 06:42 PM..
 05-10-2008, 06:46 PM         #1524
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
[B][COLOR="Red"]

I wouldn't say pass protection alone. Barber ate you guys up in the 1st half of that game. And during the regular season the running game was pretty effective despite Julius's b*tch @ss. But then Garrett stopped utilizing the run in alot of games. If you look at our 3 losses, Barber wasn't getting the rock enough...it wasn't balanced at all.

It will change this season though. Barber will be used to pound that front-7, and Felix will be used outside the hash marks...I'm sure Garrett has ALOT planned for him.
maybe so. Im saying that romo had alot of help during the season, to become the player he has, from the run game and oline alike

texasplayboy_23 said:

lol oh sh*t

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 05-10-2008 at 06:50 PM..
 05-10-2008, 07:06 PM         #1525
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^DAMN that dude is dumb.

Black_Deuce said:
maybe so. Im saying that romo had alot of help during the season, to become the player he has, from the run game and oline alike
And Eli had a great running game and defense.
 10 years ago '07        #1526
Tmac225 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,978 | Props total: 462 462
 texasplayboy_23 said:
It's football, playing shape and physical shape go hand in hand. And speaking of Moss, I recall him dropping a wide open walk-in TD. Yeah he caught the next TD pass right after that, but a drop is a drop.

So, now you're calling Romo inexperienced?:rolleyes: Well inexperienced QB's aren't accused of choking, they're accused of being "inexperienced". How about you use 1 argument and stick to it...stop contradicting yourself like a bumbling fool...are you like 13 or somethin?

COLOR][/B]
tell me smokeweed is the ether burning
 10 years ago '07        #1527
Tmac225 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,978 | Props total: 462 462
terry glenn update anyone
 10 years ago '05        #1528
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 Black_Deuce said:

not agreeing with smokeweed about TO, but as far as this,

the blocking fell apart in the playoff game and our great NY defensive line is to thank for that. but as good as they played it could have been alot worse. the Oline is better than any other in the league. dallas send 3 out of 5 of they lineman as pro bowlers to Hawaii off of pass pro alone. that says alot about how much time he has in the pocket
No doubt, the Giants front 7 stepped it up in the second half of the playoff game. In the first half, the run game was working, and so was the passing game. Then the Giants' D-Line stepped it up, the 'Boys' O-line didn't match it, and the result was Romo not having the time and not being nearly as efficient as he could have been
 05-15-2008, 04:58 AM         #1529
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let me stop hating on romo....

he did his thing last year and we will see how he steps up this one

But you know if he doesnt win a playoff game this time around the cursed chants will only get louder
 10 years ago '05        #1530
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS. I can't wait for this season to start.
 05-15-2008, 09:10 PM         #1531
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:
Let me stop hating on romo....

he did his thing last year and we will see how he steps up this one

But you know if he doesnt win a playoff game this time around the cursed chants will only get louder
...like how your QB and his brother's were before they finally won one? ...some of you aren't even giving him a chance.
 05-15-2008, 09:15 PM         #1532
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
May 15, 2008 5:35 PM

Off-Season Absences Just Don't Add Up

IRVING, Texas - When the Cowboys benched their starting running back just before the playoff game in January, they did it to reward Marion Barber.

When they let Julius Jones go without a f!ght in free agency, they did it because of Marion Barber.

And when they drafted Felix Jones instead of Rashard Mendenhall, who many believe was rated higher on their draft board, the Cowboys also did it because of Marion Barber.

The Cowboys obviously believe Marion Barber is a huge part of their plans, not just for this year, but the future.

So why isn't he here?

Why isn't Barber here with his teammates, participating in the off-season conditioning program, or the throwing sessions every Tuesday and Thursday, which basically include every position on the field?

And he's not expected to attend next week's OTA practices either.

The question is simply, why?

And if the answer is because Barber has yet to sign his one-year restricted free agent tender of $2.561 million, then my next question is, then why not sign it?

We all know signing the tender doesn't mean anything in relation to getting a long-term deal. If the two sides can agree on a contract, they'll rip up that tender faster than anything.

But when it comes to being here, at the facility, with his teammates, setting an example for the rookies, which just so happens to include a pair of drafted running backs, Marion Barber should be here with "his" team.

And yes, I know Ken Hamlin is doing the same thing. In fact, the Cowboys slapped the franchise tag on him, and like Barber, he hasn't signed his tender, not to mention come around here at all during the off-season.

Now Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said on Wednesday that he's not worried about either player's absence so far. Rest a.ssured, that mindset will change if the no-shows start to pile up, especially if neither player attends the mini-camp in June.

Whether they participate in the mini-camp or not, both players likely will sign their tenders by then. The Cowboys have the right to lower the tender if it's not signed by June 1.

It just doesn't make sense not to sign them before then. In case they don't get a long-term deal before the start of the season, these players need to make sure they're playing for the highest amount possible. Barber sure would hate to see his $2.5 million tender get reduced to 2.01, if not lower.

OK, but this isn't just about money.

And that's what the players say, right? They always say stuff like, it's not about the money, it's about respect.

Well, I'm going to turn it around. If it's about respect, then why aren't these guys here respecting their teammates?

If Jerry Jones isn't worried about these two guys playing the 2008 season with the Cowboys, then to me, it means a deal WILL get done.

And if a deal is going to get done, then what's the hold-up? Get in here and show this team that you're willing to pay the price just like they are.

You have no doubt that Barber is working hard, wherever he is. Word is he's down in Miami, working out with other clients of his agent Drew Rosenhaus. His body alone will tell you about his dedication to working out.

The same goes for Hamlin, and even Terrell Owens, who has attended a few passing sessions this off-season but hasn't been a regular in the off-season program. These guys will come back in good, if not great shape.

But to me, it would seem hard to come back and have the same kind of leadership if you were out doing your own thing in the spring.

It makes me have a little more respect for a guy like Chris Canty, who like Barber and Hamlin, hasn't signed his tender either. Still, he hasn't missed a workout or practice this spring.

This isn't meant to diminish the roles that Barber and Hamlin have for this football team. But this season, with their futures somewhat uncertain, it doesn't make sense to be so far away from the team.

These guys are asking the Cowboys to give them a long-term commitment. But they don't seem too interested in making the same kind of commitment right now.

Every situation is different. With Hamlin, you know he's frustrated by the entire process of the franchise tag. Just days away from free agency for the second year in a row, he gets tagged and now must wait for his agent and the Cowboys to work out a deal. However, let's not feel too sorry for someone who is guaranteed to make $4.3 million this year.

As for Barber, here's a guy who made the Pro Bowl last year, led the team in rushing and has become one of the team's fan favorites.

But he's still not proven as a starter. Are we sure that he is the long-term answer at running back?

The Cowboys seem rather sure by drafting Felix Jones, a more elusive home-run hitting back than Mendenhall, whom the club even compared to Barber.

Jerry Jones went as far to say that having Barber allowed the Cowboys the luxury to take Felix Jones.

Instead of taking that as a compliment, it almost seems like the fourth-year running back is almost using that as a negotiating ploy against the Cowboys.

Now, for those of you who are thinking "as long as they're ready to play by training camp, or even the regular season, that's fine," I can understand that logic. In fact, Jerry Jones might not be that far off from that way of thinking, too.

But if the goal is to be here for the start of the season, and these players are working out just as hard to prepare, then why not be here, with the team?

There's probably more to it than that. There always seems to be. But let's just add that to the list of things that don't make a lot of sense.

[pic - click to view]

Anyone else see these contract disputes as early distractions?
 05-15-2008, 10:09 PM         #1533
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
...like how your QB and his brother's were before they finally won one? ...some of you aren't even giving him a chance.
lol Eli cant win in the playoffs? how

1st year didnt start the whole season 0-0
2nd We won NFC but lost ot carolina due to us starting our 4th stringer at RB 0-1
3rd we lost to eagles with last seocnd FG :banghead: 0-2
4th year wins 4 straight on the road

4-2 not bad for 3 1/2 years playing
 05-16-2008, 10:37 AM         #1534
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BoSox84 said:
Funny, Eli Manning flopped his first two times in the postseason, everyone was busting his balls calling him a bust, then all of a sudden he's the Super Bowl MVP. Now I'm not saying Tony Romo is gonna have the same success this upcoming season, but to continuously bust on that like he's been in the playoffs for the last 8 years and keeps losing in the first round is LUDICROUS. Nevermind the fact that down the stretch against the Giants this year, the O-Line completely fell apart and he had no time to do anything
Difference is Eli is a good QB, look at his family, look at him in college (as much as I hate to bring up college ball), Look at his NFL career, he was being held back by his receiver (Shockey) without him he is top 5. Romo is being carried by his receiver (TO) without him he can't score more than 1 TD. (A good 2 or 3 games last season) Sure its early but the longer the worse, you act like he will have TO for 8 years, he NEEDS to get it done now because if you can't advance in the playoffs with a HOF how is someone else going to step up as receiver in the future?
 05-16-2008, 10:38 AM         #1535
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:

He is inexperienced and he did choke, it showed at the end of the season when he couldn't make the right decisions, he was praised as a good QB because he had a good regular season and when TO went down it was a wrap. Also just because you get a free pass to the divisional doesn't make losing the first game any less worse, he has never passed the first round he has played in. Why are you so happy with that?

When my team was trash I never bragged about sh*t like you kids. Making it seem as if these dudes get payed to play 17 games and go home.

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 05-16-2008 at 10:44 AM..
 05-17-2008, 08:21 PM         #1536
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
He is inexperienced and he did choke, it showed at the end of the season when he couldn't make the right decisions, he was praised as a good QB because he had a good regular season and when TO went down it was a wrap. Also just because you get a free pass to the divisional doesn't make losing the first game any less worse, he has never passed the first round he has played in. Why are you so happy with that?

When my team was trash I never bragged about sh*t like you kids. Making it seem as if these dudes get payed to play 17 games and go home.
Was boxden even around when the Pats were trash? ....stupid.

And Romo playing the way he did in the playoffs wasn't solely because of bad decisions, the pass protection broke down. I guess according to you Brady choked too in the playoffs and made bad decisions with his 1 TD pass, 5 sacks and 82 QB rating...it had NOTHING to do with the Giants.:rolleyes:
 10 years ago '05        #1537
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
Whats good Fellas Lil update on our boy Tony's personal life lol....

Jessica Jinxed?

Dallas quarterback Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson have broken up after six months of dating, US Weekly is reporting. Simpson is quoted in the June issue of Glamour magazine, calling Romo her 'future husband.' Romo is said to be the one who ended the relationship. (AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez)

Anyway any updates on Terry
 05-18-2008, 02:23 PM         #1538
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaiden05 said:
Whats good Fellas Lil update on our boy Tony's personal life lol....

Jessica Jinxed?

Dallas quarterback Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson have broken up after six months of dating, US Weekly is reporting. Simpson is quoted in the June issue of Glamour magazine, calling Romo her 'future husband.' Romo is said to be the one who ended the relationship. (AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez)

Anyway any updates on Terry
I've been hearing the same sh*t...Romo avoids questions about her while she's saying they're still together.

I'm starting to think there's something wrong with her...other than being dumb.
 10 years ago '04        #1539
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
COWBOYS EXTEND NEWMAN
Posted by Mike Florio on May 20, 2008, 2:43 p.m. EDT

The Dallas Cowboys have reached an agreement with cornerback Terence Newman on a long-term extension.

Per Adam Schefter of NFL Network, it’s a six-year extension, and it’s worth $50.2 million, with $22.5 million in guaranteed money.

Newman, 29, was a first-round pick in 2003. He was due to become an unrestricted free agent in 2009.
 10 years ago '05        #1540
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 DaKidB.A.N.K.$ said:
COWBOYS EXTEND NEWMAN
Posted by Mike Florio on May 20, 2008, 2:43 p.m. EDT

The Dallas Cowboys have reached an agreement with cornerback Terence Newman on a long-term extension.

Per Adam Schefter of NFL Network, it’s a six-year extension, and it’s worth $50.2 million, with $22.5 million in guaranteed money.

Newman, 29, was a first-round pick in 2003. He was due to become an unrestricted free agent in 2009.

:wow: Damn but where is that gwap coming from :applause:

also: BOYS, BARBER CLOSE
Posted by Mike Florio on May 20, 2008, 3:39 p.m.

On the same day that the Dallas Cowboys reached a long-term deal with cornerback Terence Newman, a league source tells us that the Cowboys are close to working out a long-term deal with running back Marion Barber.

Barber is a restricted free agent. He was tendered at the highest level, which would have given the Cowboys a first-round and third-round draft pick if another team had signed Barber to an offer sheet that the ‘Boys opted not to match. He received no offers, and has yet to sign his tender.

Performing well as the counter-punch to former starter Julius Jones, the Cowboys decided to let Jones walk away, focus on keeping Barber, and complementing him with former Arkansas tailback Felix Jones, one of the team’s first-round picks in last month’s draft.

Last edited by Jaiden05; 05-20-2008 at 02:53 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
173 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
73 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
197 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
The Overwatch Community Is fu-ked Up.
38 comments
18 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy