Dallas Cowboys

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
10 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #1381
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Roy is still one of my favorite Cowboys.
 10 years ago '04        #1382
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
got this off a board so i dunno how true this is

I was told that C. Mortenson reported on ESPN radio today that Dallas has officially offered a 1st rounder for Chad Johnson, has anyone else heard this and is there starting to be fire with all this smoke?
 04-20-2008, 02:15 AM         #1383
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

**researches**
 10 years ago '04        #1384
Enc0re` 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,383 | Props total: 31 31
r u sure bout that
 04-20-2008, 02:59 AM         #1385
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^**off subject** Snake Eyes looks cold.

....but anyways, I couldn't find any info on that.
 10 years ago '04        #1386
space
space
i mean they said it on a Bengals board...i aint know how true it was i posted it juss in case somebody may have known about it
 04-20-2008, 07:31 PM         #1387
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WOW!!!

chad Johnson on the cowboys :eek:

not a team had a better offseason in my mind
 04-21-2008, 12:06 AM         #1388
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^That would be downright unfair to the rest of the NFL.:(

....but then again, the Pats had the best team in league history and look what happened to them.:hang:
 10 years ago '04        #1389
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784

[pic - click to view]

TO been busy
 10 years ago '04        #1390
space
space
 Venom said:

[pic - click to view]

TO been busy
 10 years ago '06        #1391
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
Dallas offered MB3 5 years 30 Mil

he wants 5 year 40 Mil AKA LJ money :thumbsdow

I wouldnt give him it, doesnt have the running style to last that long

Last edited by eLLz; 04-21-2008 at 02:46 PM..
 04-21-2008, 04:16 PM         #1392
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Venom said:

[pic - click to view]

TO been busy
 10 years ago '07        #1393
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,893 | Props total: 2253 2253
 Venom said:

[pic - click to view]

TO been busy
o shiiiiit.... son

--------------

on another note that chad johnson for a first rounder trade is
 04-22-2008, 02:56 AM         #1394
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
Dallas offered MB3 5 years 30 Mil

he wants 5 year 40 Mil AKA LJ money :thumbsdow

I wouldnt give him it, doesnt have the running style to last that long
Yup, read that sh*t too. But I wasn't surprised considering who is agent is.:rolleyes: Sh*t, we can fu*k around and draft Jonathan Stewart and make his @ss expendable next year if he wants to talk stupid money.

And @ TO bein in a Bang Bros flick.
 04-22-2008, 07:25 PM         #1395
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
April 22, 2008 5:51 PM

"Wide Open"
As Draft Approaches, Jones Breaks Down WR Options

IRVING, Texas - With the NFL Draft, words like value, flexibility and upside are always tossed around when discussing a team's strategy for selecting players.

For the Cowboys, there is another word that will be used quite often come the start of the draft on Saturday:

Options.

The Cowboys have plenty of them, especially with two picks in the first round at 22nd and 28th overall.

In a pre-draft press conference with the local media Tuesday at Valley Ranch, team owner and general manager Jerry Jones discussed some of those options, stating his team will be looking to move "both up and down" come draft day.

The Cowboys could trade one of those first-round picks to move out of the first round and stockpile later picks. Or they could even package the two and move up, even as high as the top 10.

Also, he said the Cowboys could do nothing at all with those first two picks and stand pat - drafting a pair of solid football players.

That's what happens when you have flexibility.

The same could be said at the wide receiver position.

When it comes to this spot, just like the entire draft, the Cowboys could draft a player, trade for a veteran or do nothing at all.

The most enticing of those options includes the possibility of trading for a veteran wide receiver.

On Tuesday, Jones confirmed the Cowboys have inquired about a possible trade during the off-season. While he wouldn't say which player the Cowboys were coveting, it's believed to be one of three veteran receivers rumored to be on the trading block - Cincinnati's Chad Johnson, Detroit's Roy Williams and Anquan Boldin of the Cardinals.

Considering Jones has never made a trade with the Bengals, the owner was asked Tuesday if that means a trade for Johnson was still a possibility.

"You know it's against the rules to mention somebody's player," Jones said of Johnson, who has repeated several times that he will not play in Cincinnati next year and is demanding a trade. "And he doesn't have permission to talk, so I couldn't talk about him."

While Jones said there have been no discussions between the Cowboys and Bengals regarding Johnson, he was well aware of the Redskins' recent offer - a first- and conditional third-round pick for the Pro Bowl receiver - which reportedly was refused by the Bengals

Jones said he believes the trade value for a veteran player will increase once the draft begins, especially when the teams interested in the players are ready to pick.

"Draft day is an important time to get the most value for a veteran player if he's in demand," Jones said. "If I'm the team that's got the player, my best time to move is right then. The minute the draft is over, picks almost don't have anywhere near the value and everybody is protecting the players they've got and the veteran players."

So if a trade were to happen, Jones said it would probably occur once the Cowboys get on the clock at No. 22 or No. 28.

"We're going to keep those options open with those draft picks on draft day, relative to a veteran," Jones said.

However, just because the Cowboys have interest in adding a veteran receiver, it doesn't mean they will settle for one in the draft if a trade doesn't occur.

In fact, Jones sounded as if he would rather stick with his own young receivers - Miles Austin, Sam Hurd and Isaiah Stanback - rather than take the risk of selecting a receiver in the first round.

And that's not a philosophy, but rather a reflection of the weak draft class at receiver this year.

"If you're looking for an immediate impact receiver, that's not there," Jones said. "An immediate impact, a guy that can immediately come in and take it off of Terrell (Owens) and add to it. I know we've got it in-house if Terry Glenn can do it. And I'm positive, I'm thinking positive about Terry Glenn. I don't have any idea how he's going to continue to go."

Jones said that Glenn remains the wild card in this receiver equation.

The veteran receiver, who missed the first 15 games last year after undergoing two arthroscopic knee surgeries after the start of training camp, still has yet to announce his plans for the upcoming season.

While Glenn could stand to undergo the microfracture surgery that would undoubtedly cause him to miss the 2008 season and might even end his 12-year career, there is a chance he could return to football next season without the procedure.

If that happens, it sounds as if Jones would certainly welcome him back.

"He's very much going to be a part of our plans at this juncture," Jones said of Glenn. "We may have the best thing since ice cream in-house, in terms of a veteran receiver that you could get to take the heat off and add a balance to Terrell Owens.

"You may say, that's some risk, he played in two games last year. Still, there's a lot of risk in anything you do in this draft and acquiring a player or going after someone else's player on draft day. You've got that going for you. I'd be a lot less comfortable if we didn't have that and I really like some of the things that our younger receivers are doing for us. But this draft doesn't have, for us, a receiver that could really get that accomplished this year."

For whatever they're worth, the most recent mock drafts don't have many receivers going in the first round, and none among the top 15 picks.

Players such as Michigan State's Devin Thomas, Texas' Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly of Oklahoma and Cal's DeSean Jackson are all first-round candidates. In fact, Jackson might be the one player who could help the Cowboys right away, considering he might be the best punt returner in this draft.

However, of all the options the Cowboys have in this draft, and of all the options they seem to have at wide receiver, taking one in the first round seems unlikely.

But still, it remains an option, one of many the Cowboys will have come Saturday.

[pic - click to view]

So much for Limas Sweed or James Hardy. I see a possibility of trading up for 1 of those top corners...he did say "immediate" impact.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 04-22-2008 at 07:28 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #1396
BoSox84 
space
space
You know, I just thought to myself...why not take a couple of our later picks and combine it with one of our first rounders to move farther up in the first round to guarantee one of the top corners, and we still have the second 1st rounder in our back pocket. Of course you know who I have in mind...

JENKINS JENKINS JENKINS!!!
 10 years ago '04        #1397
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3266 3266
 BoSox84 said:
You know, I just thought to myself...why not take a couple of our later picks and combine it with one of our first rounders to move farther up in the first round to guarantee one of the top corners, and we still have the second 1st rounder in our back pocket. Of course you know who I have in mind...

JENKINS JENKINS JENKINS!!!
i laugh every time i've seen u do that..props
 10 years ago '05        #1398
BoSox84 
space
space
I'm just sayin man, if I was in JJ's position, I'd make it happen I joke about it and everything, but ya'll have nooooo idea how badly I want Jenkins to be a Cowboy. That alone would make my draft day, even if Jerry somehow fu*ked up the rest of the draft :sick:
 10 years ago '04        #1399
space
space
i wouldnt mind having Jenkins..either Jenkins or..refer to avatar
 10 years ago '05        #1400
BoSox84 
space
space
I'm not ashamed to admit I have a man-crush on Jenkins After watching the guy develop over the last few years, I would hate to watch him go to an a**hole team like the Pats.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago