Dallas Cowboys

most viewed right now
 89
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
28 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 29
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 03-20-2007, 02:13 AM         #121
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
...from our website.

The Cowboys were the NFL's most effective red-zone offense in 2006, scoring touchdowns at a 60.3-percent rate inside the 20, and when it came to third down conversions, their 48.8 percentage was second only to Indianapolis (56.1). That they scored at least 17 points in 15 of 16 regular season games was matched only by San Diego. And that they produced at least 300 yards total offense in 14 consecutive games tied the third longest streak in club history.

That Owens, Glenn and Witten all caught at least 60 passes this past season marks only the fourth time in club history for a trio to accomplish that. Marion Barber's 14 rushing touchdowns, and 16 combined, are the most touchdowns scored in a single season since Emmitt Smith scored what was then an NFL record 25 in 1995. Barber's 16 touchdowns ranked first in the NFC, with Owens' 13 third, and they became only the team's second rusher-receiver tandem with at least 10 touchdowns each in a single season (Michael Irvin-Smith in 1995).

Individually, these numbers are impressive. But collectively, when you group them all together at once, they become rather overwhelming, illustrating just how rare this 2006 offensive performance was. And we didn't even get into McBriar's 48.2 punting average the NFL's best since Yale Larry's 48.9 in 1963 and Miles Austin's 26.0-yard average on kick-off returns the best single season by a Cowboys rookie since Bob Hayes went for 26.5 on 12 less returns in 1965.

All in all, amazing, as well as encouraging for 2007, but at the same time sickening that such a prolific offensive season could produce no more than 9-7 with nary a playoff victory.


It's a disappointment, but proves Romo handled his business and so did the rest of the offense...this is what we have to look forward to next season.

Oh yeah, 1 of the best defensive coordinators in the league is our head coach. The NFC east is a wrap!:applause:


Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 03-20-2007 at 02:21 AM..
 03-20-2007, 08:02 AM         #122
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
The NFC east is a wrap!:applause:
:rolleyes:
 11 years ago '04        #123
WilbertCarl 
space
avatar space
space
$662 | Props total: 29 29
 texasplayboy_23 said:
...from our website.

The Cowboys were the NFL's most effective red-zone offense in 2006, scoring touchdowns at a 60.3-percent rate inside the 20, and when it came to third down conversions, their 48.8 percentage was second only to Indianapolis (56.1). That they scored at least 17 points in 15 of 16 regular season games was matched only by San Diego. And that they produced at least 300 yards total offense in 14 consecutive games tied the third longest streak in club history.

That Owens, Glenn and Witten all caught at least 60 passes this past season marks only the fourth time in club history for a trio to accomplish that. Marion Barber's 14 rushing touchdowns, and 16 combined, are the most touchdowns scored in a single season since Emmitt Smith scored what was then an NFL record 25 in 1995. Barber's 16 touchdowns ranked first in the NFC, with Owens' 13 third, and they became only the team's second rusher-receiver tandem with at least 10 touchdowns each in a single season (Michael Irvin-Smith in 1995).

Individually, these numbers are impressive. But collectively, when you group them all together at once, they become rather overwhelming, illustrating just how rare this 2006 offensive performance was. And we didn't even get into McBriar's 48.2 punting average the NFL's best since Yale Larry's 48.9 in 1963 and Miles Austin's 26.0-yard average on kick-off returns the best single season by a Cowboys rookie since Bob Hayes went for 26.5 on 12 less returns in 1965.

All in all, amazing, as well as encouraging for 2007, but at the same time sickening that such a prolific offensive season could produce no more than 9-7 with nary a playoff victory.


It's a disappointment, but proves Romo handled his business and so did the rest of the offense...this is what we have to look forward to next season.

Oh yeah, 1 of the best defensive coordinators in the league is our head coach. The NFC east is a wrap!:applause:
co-sign
 03-20-2007, 04:08 PM         #124
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mehh... Id bet my life on a sophomore slump by romo... look at history

tradion >>> numbers

 03-20-2007, 09:14 PM         #125
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:
mehh... Id bet my life on a sophomore slump by romo... look at history

tradion >>> numbers

You're just mad cuz Romo's 10 games were ALOT better than Eli's...and Eli's been around how long?? ...damn shame. Maybe you guys should draft a QB at the 20th pick.:D Lets not talk about what he MIGHT do next season...how about what he DID do.


Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 03-20-2007 at 09:15 PM..
 03-20-2007, 09:16 PM         #126
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:applause: Oh sh*t!! I just heard we're bringin in Ken Hamlin on Wednesday to interview...It's about damn time!!
 03-20-2007, 09:18 PM         #127
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nah man... trust me on this

I KNOW... the sophmore slump is looking for him...

and it WILL find its target!!!

[EVIL]*evil laugh*[/EVIL]


 03-20-2007, 09:24 PM         #128
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm going to go to church this sunday

and im going to walk through the doors to the sanctuary...

and kneel in front of the altar...

and ask god to make the cowboys flop!!!

PLEASE GOD PLEASE!!! :D :( :D

with the powers of religion on my side theres no way dallas will make the playoffs!!!

God better not be a cowboys fan or I'm converting to an atheist ASAP


Last edited by Black_Deuce; 03-20-2007 at 09:26 PM..
 03-20-2007, 10:21 PM         #129
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well you better pray to Muhammed, cuz I saw Jesus in this the other day...

[pic - click to view]

 03-21-2007, 05:29 PM         #130
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 11 years ago '05        #131
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Well you better pray to Muhammed, cuz I saw Jesus in this the other day...

[pic - click to view]




Damn duece that's a lot of hate
 03-21-2007, 07:14 PM         #132
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaiden05 said:
Damn duece that's a lot of hate
lmao... sup pimpin, it was just a joke man...






but I still hate dallas sports teams :finger:
 11 years ago '05        #133
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
 texasplayboy_23 said:
:applause: Oh sh*t!! I just heard we're bringin in Ken Hamlin on Wednesday to interview...It's about damn time!!


Damn I didn't hear that good news.
 03-21-2007, 07:29 PM         #134
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaiden05 said:
Damn I didn't hear that good news.
Oh yeah, Hamlin was at valley ranch today for lunch and dinner. He said Dallas would be a great fit for him, but they won't start the negotiations until tomorrow...so it's still up in the air.
 11 years ago '05        #135
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Oh yeah, Hamlin was at valley ranch today for lunch and dinner. He said Dallas would be a great fit for him, but they won't start the negotiations until tomorrow...so it's still up in the air.
Damn that would be a good look and shop one of the others.
 03-22-2007, 12:23 AM         #136
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If we do that we won't have ANY holes to fill on the team...except for a good 300+lb nose tackle to play behind Jason Ferguson.
 03-22-2007, 12:25 AM         #137
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jason Ferguson used to play for ther Jets :(

yea you need a big guy to fill that hole and draw a double or triple team that all good nose tackles do
 03-22-2007, 12:43 AM         #138
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ferguson's a big, physical tackle, but he's like 32...and that isn't a good age for someone who draws double teams every play.
 03-22-2007, 12:57 AM         #139
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea maybe the draft is a logical solution
 11 years ago '05        #140
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
Just in The Dallas Cowboys signed four-year CFL veteran wide receiver, Jamel Richardson, who has racked up 118 career catches for 1,501 yards for the Saskatchewan Roughriders. The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Richardson attended Victor Valley Community College before entering the Canadian Football League. This might take some attention off T.O. , Terry, and Patrick.


Last edited by Jaiden05; 03-22-2007 at 11:07 AM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 14
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 12
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 7
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 6
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy