Dallas Cowboys

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

10 years ago '05        #1626
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,184 | Props total: 26 26
Barbarian Hit: Most vicious of training camp

During one-on-one blocking drills RB Marion Barber just delieverd the most violent hit of training camp. He blasted linebacker Tyson Smith and knocked him completely on his back to the roar of the crowd. Barber took his turn and walked away. Smith couldn't get up and the play ended the drill.

Smith was knocked silly and rested on one knee with the trainers on the field.
:applause: MBIII is gonna beast on fools this year :applause:

08-01-2008, 01:27 AM         #1627
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:wow:He knocks out his own teammates....opponents beware!:sick:

10 years ago '05        #1628
BoSox84 
space
space
Roy Williams: 'I got a lot of people to shut up’
By NEWY SCRUGGS
newy@newdawg.com

There is a love-hate relationship with the Metroplex media and Dallas Cowboys safety Roy Williams. He went from a media favorite his rookie season to a player who rarely came into the locker room during media access.

He has been put down and told he’s no good by one too many media members for his liking.

Redemption. That is what the 2008 NFL season is about for Roy Williams.

The four-time Pro Bowler has lost weight and changed his number back to 38, which he wore at Oklahoma.

I spoke with Williams for 35 minutes Sunday off camera and we spoke for another 35 minutes on camera Tuesday.

Do you read the paper? I read the paper now. It’s important. I need to know what people are really feeling, what they are saying about me.

As you’ve read it, what did you find out? It fueled me. It fueled me up. That’s why this season is going to be a good season. I got a lot of people to shut up.

You feel the media coverage of you is unfair? Have I been done wrong? Probably. I mean I feel the best thing for me to do is not to talk. I don’t have any anger toward them. I do interviews now. I have actually done interviews with people who have said stuff about me. There is no anger there.

Do you take it personally? Yeah, I take it personally.

Do you have thick skin? Why should I have thick skin? I am a human being. I’m not saying I’m a sensitive person, but when you attack somebody’s character and you don’t have anything positive to say about somebody, why should I be overjoyed to be having an interview with somebody who’s been tearing me up, and you have all these other fans buying into the stuff ... and it’s not even correct.

Then you want to put a microphone in my mouth and smile in front of my face? No. Don’t be like that. Shoot me straight. I’m a grown man. You don’t have to lie to me.

How do you feel about your cover skills? I feel great about them. I feel great about my cover skills. Great.

What if you aren’t playing on third downs? I don’t have a problem with that. Our main goal is to win games, and that’s what I want to do. If me being on the sideline and letting Anthony [Henry] and Adam [Jones] go in there and play, that’s totally fine by me. I’m not bigger than the team.

Any forgiveness toward your critics? Football is a show-me game. I am under a microscope, which is a good thing. But this season ... is my season. I’m gettin’ down. Until I leave here I’m gettin’ down. I’m not playing for them [critics], but I want to let them know ain’t nothing wrong with me. I got this. I’m going to do this. I love this game. I love my teammates and being a Cowboy.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has said Williams has been having a fine training camp. As for battles with the local media, time will either expose Williams or promote him.
Says he's lost weight maybe he's making more of a commitment to the coverage side of things?

08-03-2008, 04:01 AM         #1629
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Poor Roy:(...there's a reason people criticize you buddy, so don't act like we're making this stuff up.

Well I damn sure hope he's back, cause I'm sick of him being the gameplan for opposing QB's every week.

10 years ago '05        #1630
BoSox84 
space
space

Check out picture #7, Tyson Smith after getting destroyed my MBIII on the block

10 years ago '05        #1631
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 435 435
 BoSox84 said

Check out picture #7, Tyson Smith after getting destroyed my MBIII on the block

Aw man I need that video. It's looked like he was still dazed. LOL MBIII

10 years ago '07        #1632
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,344 | Props total: 3125 3125
damn MBIII must have went medieval on tyson smith

10 years ago '06        #1633
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,410 | Props total: 568 568
 texasplayboy_23 said
:Well I damn sure hope he's back, cause I'm sick of him being the gameplan for opposing QB's every week.

ADG Approved :disdain2:

10 years ago '05        #1634
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,921 | Props total: 958 958
Did anybody see Zach Thomas's hit on one of the backup RB's today. I forgot the player's name but they said he was Ray Lewis's stepbrother. They showed the hit on NFL Network.

10 years ago '05        #1635
BoSox84 
space
space
^^Keon Lattimore??

10 years ago '06        #1636
Pitts Gutta 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,927 | Props total: 12 12
This is our year!!!!!!

10 years ago '05        #1637
bootsy 
space
space
space
 BoSox84 said
^^Keon Lattimore??
Yes that's it

10 years ago '07        #1638
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,344 | Props total: 3125 3125
 bootsy said
Yes that's it
u got a link?

08-08-2008, 01:46 PM         #1639
lyricallyblind  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how bout them redskins !

08-12-2008, 09:15 AM         #1640
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^

bootsy said
Did anybody see Zach Thomas's hit on one of the backup RB's today. I forgot the player's name but they said he was Ray Lewis's stepbrother. They showed the hit on NFL Network.
I don't know about that hit, but tell me someone saw this one on HBO...:character62:

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 08-12-2008 at 09:25 AM..

08-12-2008, 04:43 PM         #1641
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said
^^

10 years ago '05        #1642
bootsy 
space
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said
^^

I don't know about that hit, but tell me someone saw this one on HBO...:character62:
They took the video down but if it is that Marion Barber hit. Yes he blasted the hell out of number 58. I hope they show Zach's hit on tomorrow's show.

Last edited by bootsy; 08-12-2008 at 05:28 PM..

10 years ago '05        #1643
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
$5,165 | Props total: 11 11
 BadAzzYelloGirl said
I like the Cowboys.........too bad they're going to start 0-1. Cleveland is going to whoop that a.ss and make a statement........can't wait.

Go Brownies!!
:iagree::roflwerd:, I aint forgot.......Cowboys will start 0-1 bet that!

10 years ago '05        #1644
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
HEY GUYS vvvv

HE IS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM

Last edited by Jaiden05; 08-13-2008 at 07:54 AM..

08-13-2008, 09:45 AM         #1645
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^Oh no doubt, I thought he had some pretty good runs the other day. Sh*t, if he didn't get tripped up that 2nd to last one would've been a TD.

Deuce Black said
That's gtfo one is the funniest to me.

BadAzzYelloGirl said
Bet? You didn't make good on that other bet before, no one's betting with you again.

10 years ago '05        #1646
bootsy 
space
space
space
 BadAzzYelloGirl said
I like you BAYG because you are a Buckeye fan but that's where it ends because in the NFL it's the Cowboys. I don't know too much about the Browns D but they better be ready.

10 years ago '05        #1647
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
Ok by looking at today HKs

I can tell these players aren't going to make it.

( he look like he doesn't want to be there )

( He has the height but, also has a case of butterfingers. )

08-15-2008, 02:29 AM         #1648
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:rant:Martellus Bennett is starting to p!ss me off. He acted all excited when Jerry called him on draft day, screamin like a b*tch and sh*t. But now that he has the opportunity he's being stubborn. He doesn't look focused AT ALL and when the position coach tells him to do something he doesn't respond...he just stands there....he doesn't say "my fault coach", "I'll do better coach", or none of that sh*t. He's a fu*kin rookie, and I haven't seen him ask 1 question or act motivated at all in camp.

Then in the game he dropped a pass and missed a block on back to back plays. TE coach calls down to the field to ask him what gap he was a.ssigned to, he didn't say sh*t. Then when the coach told him which gap he didn't say sh*t but "OK"....ungrateful bastard. I don't give a fu*k that he's a 2nd round pick, he either needs to change his attitude or quit professional sports.

...either that or I'm drivin down his street.:guns3:

10 years ago '05        #1649
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said
:rant:Martellus Bennett is starting to p!ss me off. He acted all excited when Jerry called him on draft day, screamin like a b*tch and sh*t. But now that he has the opportunity he's being stubborn. He doesn't look focused AT ALL and when the position coach tells him to do something he doesn't respond...he just stands there....he doesn't say "my fault coach", "I'll do better coach", or none of that sh*t. He's a fu*kin rookie, and I haven't seen him ask 1 question or act motivated at all in camp.

Then in the game he dropped a pass and missed a block on back to back plays. TE coach calls down to the field to ask him what gap he was a.ssigned to, he didn't say sh*t. Then when the coach told him which gap he didn't say sh*t but "OK"....ungrateful bastard. I don't give a fu*k that he's a 2nd round pick, he either needs to change his attitude or quit professional sports.

...either that or I'm drivin down his street.:guns3:

LOL.... At the drive by. Bennett started to p!ss me off when the guys gave their salaries and they had to sing a song. This nigguah gave his salary ( 1.2) guarnteed and didn't sing the song. I have a hunch though that Hbo is focusing for a reason though.

Anyway I hope Latt makes it. LIL ray ray has those quick feet

Last edited by Jaiden05; 08-15-2008 at 09:24 AM..

10 years ago '05        #1650
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
August 14, 2008
Walking the talk

by Clarence E. Hill

Rookie tight end Martellus Bennett’s laid-back nature and seemingly couldn’t-care-less attitude has been one of the hot topics of training camp.
Sports Illustated’s Peter King criticized him for having poor body language, while HBO is chronicling the tough love he’s getting from tight ends coach John Garrett weekly on Hard Knocks.

Bennett said he’s been this way his whole life and doesn’t care what outsiders think as long as the Cowboys are happy with his performance.
"That’s how people are," said Bennett, when asked about being judged from his body language. "It’s America. They will judge a book before they read it. It’s about what happens between the snaps that matter. For all they know, I could have Scoliosis or something. I just walk like that. But they never know. That is just the way I walk. I just walk funny."

For the record, Bennett acknowledges that his play between the snaps has not always been up to snuff in training camp. He said he’s glad he has a coach like Garrett to push him. He said he and Garrett have a good relationship.

Owner Jerry Jones said Bennett’s play has improved over the last week and his teammates agree. Bennett said he’s regularly stays after practice getting extra lessons from receiver Terrell Owens, tight end Jason Witten and Garrett.

"Only people I got to impress are Mr. Jones and my teammates," Bennett said. "As long as they are happy and they feel like I am getting better that is all that really matters."

"But stay tuned to the next episode of Hard Knocks, I think things are going to turn," Bennett said with a smile.

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  37
So Young Thug a mason mason
189 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  35
Image(s) inside AY Y wud I post ya sister ?! (when I could just post her fam & friends..
103 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+63online now  33
Video inside This is the reason JayZ dropped his surprise album on Nas' release week..
101 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+31online now  26
Video inside Chris Hansen still catching dudes
42 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  20
Dec 15 - "saddam hussein" was allegedly found in a spider hole bunker 15 years..
158 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-19online now  19
Video inside She feeling you and wants to...
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-22online now  12
Dec 15 - 10 year old boy in drag danced for money at a NY gay bar. MSM Silent!..
130 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+53online now  12
Image(s) inside Winnie Harlow breaks the internet
102 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy