Dallas Cowboys

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
238 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
229 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-21-2008, 09:10 PM         #1301
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was agreeing with u nimwit :finger:

even the eagles have one, so it holds no weight
 03-21-2008, 09:13 PM         #1302
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
**Late breaking news**

Money sacks: Dallas Cowboys' DeMarcus Ware set to cash in

IRVINGEither this year or next, linebacker DeMarcus Ware figures to cash in on what should be the most lucrative contract Jerry Jones has ever given out in terms of guaranteed money as the Dallas Cowboys' owner and general manager.

After three years, Ware has been named to the Pro Bowl twice and was an alternate as a rookie. His sack totals have increased each year from eight in 2005 to 11½ in 2006 and 14 last season, which brought him consideration for the Defensive Player of the Year award.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones acknowledged recently part of the team's lack of work in the current free-agent market was due to the fact they have to re-sign cornerback Terence Newman, who is in the final year of his contract, and Ware, whose deal runs out in 2009.

Considering Indianapolis gave its pass-rushing fiend, Dwight Freeney, a six-year, $72 million deal with a $30 million signing bonus last summer, the Cowboys are probably looking at similar numbers for Ware.

Probably more. Freeney, 28, has done it longer, but Ware only turns 26 in July.

The thought of more zeroes in a bank account already larger than he ever imagined growing up in Auburn, Ala., do not cross Ware's mind.

"Just working out, doing what I need to do because I know each year is a year I need to excel," Ware said. "I'm going to do my best to show them I'm that guy. This year I'm going to make sure I'm bigger, stronger, faster and even more productive than last year. They say 14 sacks was productive. I look at it if I get 15, then you never know that 15th sack could get you to the Super Bowl. So that's the way I look at it. I'll let them handle that contract stuff."

When the Cowboys drafted Ware out of Troy in the first round in 2005, then-coach Bill Parcells compared him to Lawrence Taylor and Willie McGinest, two of the best pass rushers Parcells ever had with the Giants and Patriots. The Joneses saw another Charles Haley.

The lofty expectations haven't hampered Ware. Last season he became the first Cowboy to post back-to-back double-digit sack seasons since Haley in 1994 and '95. The 14 sacks in 2007 were the most in the NFL by a linebacker. Ware had 27 quarterback pressures and 80 tackles.

He accomplished all of that by playing 1,007 snaps, second most on the defense. Because of Ware's build (6-4, 255), Parcells did not want to wear him out by going against bigger tackles all the time, but the switch to Wade Phillips' scheme was not as taxing on him.

"You got one system with Bill Parcells to where you're head up on a guy a lot. You're tussling a lot, going against big guys mano a mano," Ware said. "With Wade's system, it's a little different. I'm more of an outside guy. I use half my body half the time. ... It's really a good thing. I jut think that you can play every snap with this scheme, but Parcells' scheme is a little harder because you're tussling around a little more and it wears your body down."

The Cowboys' off-season program does not begin until March 31, but Ware has been a regular at the team's facility, working out two or three times a week.

"Not like hard, more like stretching and keeping your body in an even keel because once the off-season workouts start, they're going to k!ll you," Ware said. "You want to go in a little bit in shape."

Ware wants to get up to 265 pounds in the off-season – he was listed at 252 last year but said he ended the year at 255 – in order to hold up better over 16 games, but he doesn't believe that will affect his best a.sset, his speed.

"There are other things I do other than just speeding," Ware said. "But that's the key to the whole deal. I'm going to give you speed all the time."

[pic - click to view]

:applause:n*gga definitely deserves it. I'd take Ware over Freeney any day.
 10 years ago '05        #1303
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
:applause:

Lock him and Newman up now and get it over with
 10 years ago '04        #1304
inthought 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,307 | Props total: 27 27
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Damn, not you too Deuce...I guess both of you n*ggas are slow in that case.:banghead: How long has it been since the AFL/NFL merger? The late '60s??:rolleyes: I'm sure there are a few cats on BX born in the '70s, but NO ONE on here was born in the '60s, so there's no point of even discussing "league championships" when none of us were even swimming sperm at that time...I rest my case.

That'd be nasty if a dude from the 60's was on here

Cowboys locked down Demarcus Ware... Much well deserved
Get Pacman...

Get Ocho Cinco.. Makes sense, drop Glenn maybe even Hurd or Creighton

85 Would be worth that..
 10 years ago '06        #1305
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,504 | Props total: 17937 17937
lol if u say so
 03-22-2008, 06:37 PM         #1306
dex1can  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if they get pacman then yea...stacked secondary (except roy williams being a scrub still); terry glenn back at full strength plus marion barber getting more touches....this team could be scary especially if they draft well
 10 years ago '08        #1307
GhostNinja 47 heat pts47
space
space
$3,943 | Props total: 0 0
 dex1can said:
if they get pacman then yea...stacked secondary (except roy williams being a scrub still); terry glenn back at full strength plus marion barber getting more touches....this team could be scary especially if they draft well

pacman hasnt played football for how long now? i wouldnt expect much out of him

and terry glenn is gettin old.... now way he's coming back "full strength"

....barbarian should get more touches now that he's the featured back. should've been that way all of last season
 10 years ago '04        #1308
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
take this for what its worth..im on the cowboys discussion board and look at what i stumbed on..i dont know where dude got this article but here..

Dallas Cowboys on the hunt for a veteran wide receiver
by Dave Halprin (Grizz) Sun Mar 23, 2008 at 11:46:14 AM EDT
Boy, talk about burying the lede! This morning I woke up and saw the headline "Shaking trees, but can 'Boys avoid nuts?" and I knew right away that is was going to be a Randy Galloway or JFE article concerning Pacman Jones. It is a Galloway article and the first paragraph, or should I say sentence - Galloway hasn’t really figured out paragraphs yet - was about the Pacman. But the article quickly shifts gears into what would have been more aptly titled, "Receivers Gone Wild." Apparently, Galloway had a conversation with Jerry Jones where some very interesting facts/suppositions were discussed.

First, the past news. Did you know that we thought we had an agreement in place with Javon Walker? Galloway says we did until Weekend at Bernie’s III star Al Davis stepped in and opened up the vaults and the rest was history.

The Cowboys thought they had an agreement with free-agent receiver Javon Walker, who had actually already moved to Irving.
Interesting news. Yeah, I heard reports we were pursuing him but I never realized it had gone that far. Anyway, that’s the past and the more interesting stuff was about the future. Like this Q&A to Jerry:

What is the organization's No. 1 priority between now and training camp?

"Without question, creating a threat on the other side of the ball from [Eldorado] Owens," said Jerry.
You can’t get much more definitive than that. Jerry wants a WR and he wants one badly. We’ve discussed how this draft is a little light on star-quality at the receiver position and how there’s no Calvin Johnson to go after. There are a bunch of guys who might have star-potential but all of them have question marks. So is Jerry really going to reach for one in the first round of the draft? The answer is more than likely - no.

One last thing on receivers. Finding one in the draft at the end of the first round, where the Cowboys' have two picks, has become remote.

"Don't think so," was the Jones comment.
So what’s that leave? A trade. From the tone of Galloway’s article and the answers that Jerry gave to some of the questions it sounds like Jerry is intent on making that happen. If he is, there are only a few real possibilities that we know about. Unless something is bubbling up that no one has guessed, it appears Jerry will be going after Chad Johnson, Roy Williams or to a lesser extent Anquan Boldin. Here’s what an NFL insider is saying:

That statement is backed by another NFL voice who said Friday, "within the league, you hear the Cowboys are attempting, or will attempt, to work a trade for Chad Johnson, for Roy Williams, for maybe others."
Check out the article for yourself. Perhaps Galloway is spinning the truth a little more than he should since he’s on record as saying a WR is the Cowboys biggest need. But unless he’s making up quotes from Jerry Jones, it appears that the Cowboys will be making one of their "wow" additions with a veteran, high-profile receiver. That is if Jerry gets his way.
 10 years ago '05        #1309
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
 texasplayboy_23 said:
**Late breaking news**

Money sacks: Dallas Cowboys' DeMarcus Ware set to cash in

IRVINGEither this year or next, linebacker DeMarcus Ware figures to cash in on what should be the most lucrative contract Jerry Jones has ever given out in terms of guaranteed money as the Dallas Cowboys' owner and general manager. After three years, Ware has been named to the Pro Bowl twice and was an alternate as a rookie. His sack totals have increased each year from eight in 2005 to 11½ in 2006 and 14 last season, which brought him consideration for the Defensive Player of the Year award.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones acknowledged recently part of the team's lack of work in the current free-agent market was due to the fact they have to re-sign cornerback Terence Newman, who is in the final year of his contract, and Ware, whose deal runs out in 2009.

Considering Indianapolis gave its pass-rushing fiend, Dwight Freeney, a six-year, $72 million deal with a $30 million signing bonus last summer, the Cowboys are probably looking at similar numbers for Ware.

Probably more. Freeney, 28, has done it longer, but Ware only turns 26 in July.

The thought of more zeroes in a bank account already larger than he ever imagined growing up in Auburn, Ala., do not cross Ware's mind.

"Just working out, doing what I need to do because I know each year is a year I need to excel," Ware said. "I'm going to do my best to show them I'm that guy. This year I'm going to make sure I'm bigger, stronger, faster and even more productive than last year. They say 14 sacks was productive. I look at it if I get 15, then you never know that 15th sack could get you to the Super Bowl. So that's the way I look at it. I'll let them handle that contract stuff."

When the Cowboys drafted Ware out of Troy in the first round in 2005, then-coach Bill Parcells compared him to Lawrence Taylor and Willie McGinest, two of the best pass rushers Parcells ever had with the Giants and Patriots. The Joneses saw another Charles Haley.

The lofty expectations haven't hampered Ware. Last season he became the first Cowboy to post back-to-back double-digit sack seasons since Haley in 1994 and '95. The 14 sacks in 2007 were the most in the NFL by a linebacker. Ware had 27 quarterback pressures and 80 tackles.

He accomplished all of that by playing 1,007 snaps, second most on the defense. Because of Ware's build (6-4, 255), Parcells did not want to wear him out by going against bigger tackles all the time, but the switch to Wade Phillips' scheme was not as taxing on him.

"You got one system with Bill Parcells to where you're head up on a guy a lot. You're tussling a lot, going against big guys mano a mano," Ware said. "With Wade's system, it's a little different. I'm more of an outside guy. I use half my body half the time. ... It's really a good thing. I jut think that you can play every snap with this scheme, but Parcells' scheme is a little harder because you're tussling around a little more and it wears your body down."

The Cowboys' off-season program does not begin until March 31, but Ware has been a regular at the team's facility, working out two or three times a week.

"Not like hard, more like stretching and keeping your body in an even keel because once the off-season workouts start, they're going to k!ll you," Ware said. "You want to go in a little bit in shape."

Ware wants to get up to 265 pounds in the off-season – he was listed at 252 last year but said he ended the year at 255 – in order to hold up better over 16 games, but he doesn't believe that will affect his best a.sset, his speed.

"There are other things I do other than just speeding," Ware said. "But that's the key to the whole deal. I'm going to give you speed all the time."

[pic - click to view]

:applause:n*gga definitely deserves it. I'd take Ware over Freeney any day.

OH NO ANOTHER HIGH PRICED LB!

LOL Jerry better Pay out or I am hopping in my Sentra and Driving to Texas to give him a high five to the face.
 03-25-2008, 08:34 PM         #1310
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If the article that Banks posted is true, then I'm excited about bringing in a veteran receiver. Even though I think Chad is best out of the 3 listed, I'd rather have Boldin...Williams if Boldin doesn't happen.

GhostNinja said:

pacman hasnt played football for how long now? i wouldnt expect much out of him

and terry glenn is gettin old.... now way he's coming back "full strength"
Possibly true. It's pretty obvious to EVERYONE that receiver is a priority. Now as far as Pacman, it's only been 1 measly season. If you can't get back into shape after a year, you shouldn't have been drafted to the pro's in the first place.

10 years ago '04        #1311
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 texasplayboy_23 said:
If the article that Banks posted is true, then I'm excited about bringing in a veteran receiver. Even though I think Chad is best out of the 3 listed, I'd rather have Boldin...Williams if Boldin doesn't happen.

Possibly true. It's pretty obvious to EVERYONE that receiver is a priority. Now as far as Pacman, it's only been 1 measly season. If you can't get back into shape after a year, you shouldn't have been drafted to the pro's in the first place.

dont yall have enough receivers already

on another note. i didnt even notice owens turns 35 this upcomin season
 10 years ago '04        #1312
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3263 3263
 Venom said:

yea TO is gettin up there buh he is still in excellent shape so his body should be able to hold up for a couple more years at least..
 10 years ago '05        #1313
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
After their initial trade offer of a seventh-round draft pick for Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was declined, the Dallas Cowboys have added a player to their proposal, according to a report on SI.com Thursday.

The Titans are considering the deal but need to address some financial issues before they accept the offer, according to the report. Jones has two years left on his original five-year, $30 million contract, and the Cowboys want to redo the deal, likely to one year.

"The kid was the sixth pick in the [2005] draft and we need to get something of value in return," an unnamed Titans official told SI.com.

Jones has stated his willingness to renegotiate the contract and his agent, Manny Arora, met with Cowboys officials earlier this week.

Titans coach Jeff Fisher seemed to indicate the team was ready to sever ties with the suspended cornerback.

"We've given them permission to look for a new home and whatever happens after that happens," Fisher told The Tennessean. "He's entitled to his opinion. I know he has enjoyed the time that he has spent here on the football field. But because of his choices and such off the field, he's created a situation where he's going to have to look elsewhere."

Fisher told the newspaper that didn't mean the Titans were officially finished with Jones.

"All we can do is move forward and if we're able to put something together that we think is good, then we'll just wait on the commissioner's decision," Fisher told The Tennessean. "It's a peculiar situation, one that's a result of [Jones'] personal choices, and it's really just in the commissioner's hands."

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Thursday that it was possible for Jones to be traded while suspended. But Fisher did not think a trade could be seen as a reward for Jones.

"Last year when he was suspended by the commissioner in the offseason, we moved on," Fisher told the newspaper. "So those are not issues as far as we are concerned."
 03-29-2008, 06:31 PM         #1314
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^I think a 4th rounder's reasonable.

Venom said:

Hell nah we don't have enough receivers...well not enough young ones anyway. And you pretty much already answered your own question. TO will be 35 at the end of the year and TG will be 34 this summer. TO can play at his current level for a couple more years, but Glenn's a different story.

...sh*t, it's time to start shoppin.
 10 years ago '07        #1315
Tmac225 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,978 | Props total: 462 462
^^^^true
 10 years ago '05        #1316
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
I say 4th rounder one year contract make him earn that gwap.
 10 years ago '05        #1317
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
UPDATE/RUMOR Jones hints at #21- Tennessean article
Pacman appears at area charity game
By PAUL KUHARSKY • Staff Writer • March 29, 2008

Read Comments(11)Recommend Print this page E-mail this article
Share this article: Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine What’s this?
How hopeful is Pacman Jones that he’s about to become a Dallas Cowboy?

Saturday night at a charity basketball game at Tennessee State, Jones was asked to sign a football that would be autographed by all the game’s participants.

And he signed his name along with the number 21, a number worn by Deion Sanders when he played for Dallas, instead of 32, the number Jones wore during 2005 and 2006 with the Titans.

Introduced before the game, he received a warm reception from the crowd at Gentry Center. Just before taking the court, he signed a piece of paper for a little girl and went back to using 32.

“That’s your idea,” he said when asked if the 21 autograph amounted to wishful thinking. “It is what it is. I’m just waiting to see where I am going to go.”

Jones is still under a suspension, handed down because of an accumulation of off-field incidents, which kept him out all of the 2007 season.

He said he thought Sanders, whom he calls a friend, would be fine with him wearing 21 if he lands in Dallas, the team most prominently mentioned in trade talks.

If reports of an imminent deal are accurate, the basketball game may have been Jones’ last appearance in Nashville as part of the Titans’ roster.

“I really think my days being a Titan is over with,” Jones said. “I enjoyed my stay here. I just think my days as a Titan is over with.”

Pressed for a suggestion as to what his value should be in the trade market he said, “I would say a first-round pick if I had to say something, but that ain’t up to me.”

The game was to benefit the Dr. Diane Greer Walker Memorial Scholarship Fund.
It featured Old School vs. New School teams with rosters composed predominantly of Titans past and present, including Keith Bulluck, David Thornton and Cortland Finnegan.

Old School Coach Steve McNair looked the part on the sideline in a suit, no tie, and hands often in his pockets. He was supposed to be pitted against Vince Young, but Young was a late scratch, apparently because of travel issues.

Thornton and McNair spoke optimistically about Jones’ future.

“He understands his goal now in life is to get back on the football field,” McNair said. “He’s got great talent, his personality is changing to the best and that’s what you have to do.

“Sometimes you have to go through some trials and tribulations, some bad things to get the taste of being left behind. And I think he’s felt that. I think he’s willing to come back and work hard and get back on the football field.”

Last edited by Jaiden05; 03-30-2008 at 01:07 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #1318
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,164 | Props total: 957 957
We just got Pacman for a 5th rounder bi*ches....News Conference tomorrow. Check Rototimes for the source...
 10 years ago '06        #1319
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
Its funny how ESPN keeps gassing up "Are the Cowboys gonna trade up to Top 5"

Jerry Jones has been saying for months he wont yet this still gets press

Pacman Jones signing is official... great low risk high reward move, a 5th round pick ? who gives a fu*k who gets picked 5th round really... theres more undrafted NFL Pro Bowlers then former 5th Round Pick Pro Bowlers, fact

Im not sure how to handle this draft sh*t now, Im hoping Jonathan Stewart falls to us and I still like Chad, Jerry has already said he wont go WR in Round 1.... Felix Jones wasnt great the combine and everyone has him going there in a REACH in Round 1 just cause Jerry Jones went to school there ... really who gives a fu*k where he went ? what is Jerry gonna call him in his office and ask him what teachers he had and see if he knew any of them ? retarted

Jerry Jones knows football, he has a board thats unbiased and knows who the elite picks are.... I dont put it past him drafting a DB round 1 regardless, possibly for back-up for Pacman and maybe even to make Newman expandable with a contract coming up.... I hope its not making Newman expandable but its possible

Im hoping Roy Williams for Chad Johnson is the next move but we'll see.... clean offseason so far with Zach and Pacman, 2 great defensive players but both risky

the Kick Return aspect that Pacman brings is gonna be huge, I think we have about 1-2 kick returns for TD in the last 5 years..... for real

Last edited by eLLz; 03-30-2008 at 08:35 PM..
 03-30-2008, 08:41 PM         #1320
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DymeKatcha said:
We just got Pacman for a 5th rounder
One night degraded this n*gga from 1st defensive player taken to 5th round
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy