Dallas Cowboys

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #1201
Tmac225 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,978 | Props total: 462 462
i think pacman is worth it. It would be a low-risk and high reward if we give an incentive base dea it would be much cheaper and the running back class is pretty deep and i think we can get good quality in the later rounds
 02-22-2008, 04:24 PM         #1202
2suave4tv  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Big R said:
AP - The Cowboys designated Ken Hamlin their franchise player on Thursday, locking up the safety through at least next season, as reported by the a.ssociated Press.

The move means Hamlin has a one-year contract at the average base salary of the top five safeties: $4.4M. It also keeps the unrestricted free agent off the market and extends the window to negotiate a long-term deal.
at the moment it looks like a good move.
 02-23-2008, 08:33 AM         #1203
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^A very good move, because it would've costed double that to tag Flo.

Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
February 22, 2008 4:40 PM

Not So Free
Eatman: Cowboys Free Agency Includes Familiar Faces

IRVING, Texas - Free agency is about to start here in about a week.

According to all these e-mails I receive from Cowboys fans, seems you guys have it all figured out.

The Cowboys need a better cornerback than Jacques Reeves? OK, go sign Marcus Trufant (since franchised by Seattle) or Asante Samuel.

Terry Glenn is getting older and has major injury concerns. No big deal, just get Randy Moss. He's available. And if that doesn't work, trade for Cincinnati's Chad Johnson or Detroit's Roy Williams.

Don't really need an inside linebacker, but Zach Thomas will do. Let's add him for some depth.

Ok, all of that sounds great. But it's not 1992 anymore. There actually is a salary cap. And unlike the NBA's crazy setup, the NFL has a hard cap. You can't go over it at all.

And no matter what you think, the Cowboys are actually getting somewhat close to the limit.

That happens when you have a good football team. The Cowboys have a good football team. They showed it last year. They are loaded with talent, which was evident earlier this month in Hawaii.

I mean, seriously. They had 13 players in the Pro Bowls. I know we're not breaking news here. But think about it. That's an NFL record for most Pro Bowlers representing a team.

This isn't a team that needs a major overhaul. Say what you want about not getting the job done in the playoffs, or even in the final month of the season. But the pieces are certainly in place, and it's the Cowboys' job to make sure they stay that way.

So when free agency begins next Thursday (11:01 p.m. CST), keep an eye on four key players that need to be signed.

Their names? You've heard of them.

Flozell Adams, Ken Hamlin, Marion Barber and Chris Canty.

Those are the Cowboys need to get signed. Hate to say it, or burst anyone's bubble, but those guys are the Cowboys' free agent class in 2008.

They just don't have the money to do much of anything else.

Right now, the Cowboys have less than $9 million in available cap room. They've still got to try and sign Adams, Barber and Canty, not to mention their draft picks, which include two first-round picks.

I'm not saying the Cowboys won't sign a player from another team. It very well could happen. But it's going to take some creativity to make it all work on the salary cap.

The fact is, the Cowboys might have enough trouble getting Barber and Adams locked up, along with Canty and Hamlin.

Instead of Adams, Hamlin was given the franchise tag on Thursday and technically, they don't have to redo his deal. But I doubt the Cowboys will be too excited to have their starting free safety count $4.39 million on the salary cap in '08. Look for them to strike a deal with Hamlin that probably could cut his cap charge in half, yet extend his contract for a few years.

And the same goes for Adams, whose franchise tag would've been $9 million. The Cowboys might have to give him a three-, possibly four-year deal with bonus money in the $10 million range, if not more. Still, they can get his cap charge down to a more manageable number.

It might not be the most exciting free agency ever. Last year the Cowboys added Hamlin and Leonard Davis, who both started in the Pro Bowl. Remember in 2005 when the Cowboys signed Drew Bledsoe and then three days later added Anthony Henry, Marco Rivera and Jason Ferguson all in one day? Even in 2006, the Cowboys signed Akin Ayodele, Kyle Kosier, Mike Vanderjagt and some guy named T.O.

But the Cowboys just don't have the extra cash they've had in years past. That's what happens when you have a franchise quarterback who gets a $67.5 million deal. And that's what happens when you sign Roy Williams, Jason Witten and Bradie James to big-time deals in 2006 and then lock up Jay Ratliff, Patrick Crayton, and Romo last season.

The money can go fast. But this isn't to say the Cowboys have managed the cap poorly. They've been down that road before and bit the bullet. Just ask Dave Campo. During his first season as head coach in 2000, the Cowboys played with two-thirds of their salary cap dedicated to players who were no longer on the team.

The Cowboys have learned their lessons with that and have done a remarkable job with the salary cap. They've been able to add a bunch of talented players using high draft picks and free agency.

But sooner or later, you get to the limit. The Cowboys are almost there.

I understand the mentality that if you don't win the Super Bowl, there is room for improvement. I agree with that - even think the Giants and Patriots know they have room to improve.

However, whether you're winning the Super Bowl, going to the Super Bowl or get upset at home in the divisional round after an impressive 13-win season, there's really only so much you can do.

The Cowboys have the guys in place. They're here. You might be able to add some depth at cornerback or maybe receiver, but probably not with a front-line free agent.

The big-name free agents are already on this team and the Cowboys will do their very best just to be able to keep them.

So don't get upset if the Cowboys don't make any big splashes this year in free agency. They don't have the money for it and there isn't even a huge need for it.

They've done their dirty work in years past. Now it's time to figure out how to win with what they've got.

And that's not something that can be figured out in the months of February and March.
 10 years ago '04        #1204
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
Apparently u guys just signed MLB Zach Thomas
 10 years ago '05        #1205
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,410 | Props total: 394 394
 Jaiden05 said:
I can almost guarantee that Trufant is going to be watching The Ashanti - N.E. ordeal go down. If Samuels get a $ big $ contract extension (he may be the first db to sign a million dollar contract). So I canít see why Truant ask for more money either. Ashantiís contract is going to set it off for all the dbs. As for RUNDMC I am worried about his fumbleitis too. Hopefully JJ and Wade plays their card right and get signed who needs to be signed, maybe we can trade a LB or two and get decent young players.

Damn my prediciton was right.
 02-23-2008, 11:35 PM         #1206
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
Apparently u guys just signed MLB Zach Thomas
...apparently. Then I hear a rumor about trading for D. Hall, which sounds possible since it involves 1 of our linebackers...explains why they would sign Thomas when that's where we have the most depth.

...Jerry's fu*kin up.
 10 years ago '05        #1207
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
...apparently. Then I hear a rumor about trading for D. Hall, which sounds possible since it involves 1 of our linebackers...explains why they would sign Thomas when that's where we have the most depth.

...Jerry's fu*kin up.

Damn D. Hall in a cowboy uni nah eew :sick: he such a fuccing baby but, decent.
What up Tex????
 10 years ago '05        #1208
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 texasplayboy_23 said:

...Jerry's fu*kin up.
How is Jerry fu*king up by adding a Pro Bowl LB?
 02-24-2008, 12:51 PM         #1209
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k you all tryna steal D Hall from us. lol
 02-24-2008, 10:10 PM         #1210
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^Yeah right, like ya'll didn't know the 'Boys would try and upgrade the secondary this offseason.

Jaiden05 said:

Damn D. Hall in a cowboy uni nah eew :sick: he such a fuccing baby but, decent.
What up Tex????
Chillin man...had to go out of town on some last minute sh*t, so I wasn't on here for > week.

bootsy said:
How is Jerry fu*king up by adding a Pro Bowl LB?
Because we don't need him. I'm not sayin dude is trash or nothin, but LB is the last position that needs to be addressed...we already have 2 other young cats who are potential starters. Like I said, if we use a linebacker as leverage for a future trade, then this signing makes sense...and I have a feeling that's why Jerry did it.
 02-25-2008, 06:24 PM         #1211
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Scout.com

-- Indiana's James Hardy and Nebraska's Maurice Purify -- two big receivers facing character questions -- turned in performances Sunday that will have their stocks on the rise. Considering how athletic the 6-5, 217-pound Hardy was during his performance, he was the more impressive of the two. After answering concerns about his speed with a 4.48 timing, Hardy quickly changed directions and caught every ball thrown his direction; most impressively snatching each pass out of the air with his fingertips. Very nearly as impressive was Purify. While he'll still need to answer character questions stemming from on- and off-field problems while at Nebraska, Purify's smooth athleticism and secure hands were sure to catch the attention of NFL coaches sitting in the RCA Dome stands. Purify flashed high-round talent each of the past two seasons at Nebraska, after transferring there as one of the elite JUCO prospects in the nation. The struggles with consistency throughout

[pic - click to view]

:wow:I want James Hardy!:applause:
 10 years ago '05        #1212
iCON216 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,647 | Props total: 42 42
Heres something you guys might find interesting....

'BOYS EYEING JAVON?
So Cowboys owner Jerry Jones wants to put some "wow" into the offense? One possibility we're hearing about is by acquiring receiver Javon Walker from the Broncos.

A league source tells us that the Cowboys are working on a deal that would bring Walker to Big D. The problem, however, is Walker's knee. He tore an ACL during the first game of the 2005 regular-season, and he missed plenty of time in 2007, his second year in Denver, due to lingering problems with it.

There's a chance, said the source, that Walker wouldn't pass a physical.

If Walker were to land in Dallas, however, things could get interesting. Said the source: "Can you picture [Terrell] Owens' reaction? Walker has pissed people off in Green Bay and Denver because he wants the ball so much. They are supposedly friends so I'm sure they think it could work but it would be fun to watch."

Owens and Walker made plenty of headlines three years ago in their efforts to get new contracts. Both threatened to hold out and, in the end, both caved.

Walker was traded to Denver in April 2006, and received the new contract he craved. After a solid first season with the Broncos, the team picked up an option for 2007. In hindsight, it's yet another poor decision from Denver's de facto G.M.
 02-26-2008, 08:24 PM         #1213
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn the cowboys tryna outdo us this offseason
 02-26-2008, 11:57 PM         #1214
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wouldn't mind Randy Moss for a season or 2. And even though I like Javon Walker, dude will be 30 this year and hasn't been healthy lately...we need a young cat who can eventually step up and replace our vets.
 02-28-2008, 08:46 PM         #1215
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where the fu*k is everybody at? ...I can hear my voice echo in this thread.

NFL Network.com

Cowboys re-sign left tackle Adams to protect Romo

IRVING, Texas -- Tony Romo won't have to worry about who is blocking his blind side. His faith will remain in Flozell Adams.

The Dallas Cowboys re-signed the four-time Pro Bowl left tackle Thursday afternoon, hours before he would've hit the open market in free agency. Terms were not immediately available, but the team called it a long-term agreement that likely guarantees Adams will finish his career in Dallas.

"I'm just really happy to be here," Adams told the team's Web site. Asked if he considered leaving Dallas, he added, "Nope. Not at all."

Also Thursday, the Cowboys moved to keep three of their restricted free agents, putting tenders on Pro Bowl running back Marion Barber ($2.56 million, the highest), defensive end Chris Canty ($2.017 million) and guard Joe Berger ($927,000).

Running back Tyson Thompson, who lost his job as a kick returner late in the season, was not tendered, freeing him to sign wherever he wants.

Barber and Canty can still look around for better deals, but a team would have to give Dallas its first- and third-round picks to get Barber and a first-rounder for Canty. Dallas also would first have a week to match any offer.

In another move Thursday, the Cowboys formally announced the signing of linebacker Zach Thomas, whose $3.3 million, one-year deal was agreed to last week. Fullback Oliver Hoyte, who gave Thomas a concussion when he was with Miami last season, was released.

Adams joined the Cowboys as a second-round pick in 1998. He and linebacker Greg Ellis are the team's longest-tenured players.

The 6-foot-7, 340-pounder has been a stalwart at left tackle his entire career. His ability to fend off blockers has been credited with helping Romo develop into one of the NFL's top passers in only 1 1/2 seasons, and helped Dallas set all sorts of club records for yards and scoring last year.

Adams, who turns 33 in May, made the Pro Bowl in four of the last five seasons, missing only in 2005 when a knee injury cost him 10 games. Those are the only games he's missed in his 10-year career.

Adams just finished a five-year, $25 million deal. Had he become a free agent, the Cowboys may have faced competition from the Miami Dolphins, who are coached by former Dallas line coach Tony Sparano, whose arrival sparked Adams' career. Bill Parcells was coaching the Cowboys then, and he's now running Miami's front office.

While offensive coordinator Jason Garrett likely will be as happy as Romo that this deal is done, special teams coaches can celebrate, too -- Adams has blocked a club-record four extra points in his career. He's also blocked three field goals.

Dallas has four other players headed to free agency: Running back Julius Jones, safety Keith Davis and cornerbacks Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones. The Cowboys also will try working out a new deal with safety Ken Hamlin, who they've guaranteed to keep around by designating him as their franchise player.

:applause::):applause::D
 10 years ago '04        #1216
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
^^^ thank goodness..sonn unless they get Randy..that'll be the best free agent signing this year for us
 02-28-2008, 11:40 PM         #1217
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
because the cowboys fell off :thumbsdow :(
 02-28-2008, 11:55 PM         #1218
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^:rolleyes:Giants 8-8 next season, mark my words.
 10 years ago '05        #1219
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:

NFL Network.com

Cowboys re-sign left tackle Adams to protect Romo

IRVING, Texas -- Tony Romo won't have to worry about who is blocking his blind side. His faith will remain in Flozell Adams.

The Dallas Cowboys re-signed the four-time Pro Bowl left tackle Thursday afternoon, hours before he would've hit the open market in free agency. Terms were not immediately available, but the team called it a long-term agreement that likely guarantees Adams will finish his career in Dallas.

"I'm just really happy to be here," Adams told the team's Web site. Asked if he considered leaving Dallas, he added, "Nope. Not at all."

Also Thursday, the Cowboys moved to keep three of their restricted free agents, putting tenders on Pro Bowl running back Marion Barber ($2.56 million, the highest), defensive end Chris Canty ($2.017 million) and guard Joe Berger ($927,000).

Running back Tyson Thompson, who lost his job as a kick returner late in the season, was not tendered, freeing him to sign wherever he wants.

Barber and Canty can still look around for better deals, but a team would have to give Dallas its first- and third-round picks to get Barber and a first-rounder for Canty. Dallas also would first have a week to match any offer.

In another move Thursday, the Cowboys formally announced the signing of linebacker Zach Thomas, whose $3.3 million, one-year deal was agreed to last week. Fullback Oliver Hoyte, who gave Thomas a concussion when he was with Miami last season, was released.

Adams joined the Cowboys as a second-round pick in 1998. He and linebacker Greg Ellis are the team's longest-tenured players.

The 6-foot-7, 340-pounder has been a stalwart at left tackle his entire career. His ability to fend off blockers has been credited with helping Romo develop into one of the NFL's top passers in only 1 1/2 seasons, and helped Dallas set all sorts of club records for yards and scoring last year.

Adams, who turns 33 in May, made the Pro Bowl in four of the last five seasons, missing only in 2005 when a knee injury cost him 10 games. Those are the only games he's missed in his 10-year career.

Adams just finished a five-year, $25 million deal. Had he become a free agent, the Cowboys may have faced competition from the Miami Dolphins, who are coached by former Dallas line coach Tony Sparano, whose arrival sparked Adams' career. Bill Parcells was coaching the Cowboys then, and he's now running Miami's front office.

While offensive coordinator Jason Garrett likely will be as happy as Romo that this deal is done, special teams coaches can celebrate, too -- Adams has blocked a club-record four extra points in his career. He's also blocked three field goals.

Dallas has four other players headed to free agency: Running back Julius Jones, safety Keith Davis and cornerbacks Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones. The Cowboys also will try working out a new deal with safety Ken Hamlin, who they've guaranteed to keep around by designating him as their franchise player.

:applause::):applause::D

We just gotta work on keeping his penalities down. !0 false starts last season.
 02-29-2008, 03:12 PM         #1220
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
^^:rolleyes:Giants 8-8 next season, mark my words.
done deal! :applause:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago