Dallas Cowboys

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
42 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-09-2008, 02:06 AM         #1181
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:
Things that need to happen:

1. Roy needs to spend the offseason seriously getting into shape. He has the ability to be great, but he's slow and out of shape. If they can't get his a.ss to boss up and put in serious work, trade him. He is changing his number back to 38 so maybe that's a sign he knows he needs to change something.

2(If 1 doesn't happen). Move Hamlin to SS and Henry to FS and go after Samuels or Trufant.

3. Let Jones go, he's a waste of a roster spot.

4. Resign Reeves. He's not a starter, but he can at least be a 3rd or 4th CB.

5. Draft a DB EARLY.
Dude was right, the secondary is obviously the most uncertain aspect of the team. For that reason drafting a player like Reggie Smith would definitely ease those uncertainties. Smith is the only 1st/early 2nd round worthy player who can be drafted as a DB and not just a S or CB. That way we won't have to always rely on Roy for coverage, AND have that 3rd corner to cover in the nickel...kill 2 birds with 1 stone maybe?
 10 years ago '05        #1182
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
I'm still hoping Mike Jenkins will still be around at #22. Rivals' latest mock draft has the 'Boys taking him, so I guess there's some hope
 02-09-2008, 05:56 PM         #1183
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just as long as we get a DB in the 1st round or through FA I'm good. But to change the subject for a bit....:wow: @ James Hardy from Indiana being 6'6" - 6'7" 220lbs possibly running a 4.5. DAMN
 02-10-2008, 08:10 PM         #1184
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well, the Pro Bowl proved 3 things today:

1. The dominance of the NFC over the AFC has finally returned.

2. The 'Boys should've gotten a ring this year because 13 players in Hawaii wasn't a fluke...the game was basically Dallas vs. the AFC, and who ended up winning 42-30?

3. Ken Hamlin needs a long term deal ASAFP. It seemed like his @ss was in the camera for every play...he didn't allow 1 big play against the league's best.:applause:
 10 years ago '06        #1185
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Just as long as we get a DB in the 1st round or through FA I'm good. But to change the subject for a bit....:wow: @ James Hardy from Indiana being 6'6" - 6'7" 220lbs possibly running a 4.5. DAMN
im GASSED for the combines and the main reason is Hardy..... If he runs even a 4.6 with that size and has the hands that are advertised and that i saw in college im all over him.....
 10 years ago '06        #1186
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:

2. The 'Boys should've gotten a ring this year because 13 players in Hawaii wasn't a fluke...the game was basically Dallas vs. the AFC, and who ended up winning 42-30?

3. Ken Hamlin needs a long term deal ASAFP. It seemed like his @ss was in the camera for every play...he didn't allow 1 big play against the league's best.:applause:
4. Tony Romo to Larry Fitzgerald TD connection looked lovely ..... there was the rumor last year but after seeing what Fitz is scheduled to make (32.5 mil over the next 2 years :wow: , we cant take that kind of cap hit :( )
 10 years ago '07        #1187
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
 texasplayboy_23 said:

:rolleyes:
 02-11-2008, 02:01 PM         #1188
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
At least Romo did good against a Pro Bowl defense, lets see if he can transition into a real defense and maybe win a playoff game.
 02-11-2008, 05:28 PM         #1189
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ken Hamlin will be going to the giants to replace James Butler.
 10 years ago '05        #1190
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 texasplayboy_23 said:

Another thing to add is D Ware is all over the place. I know he can cover ground but in the Pro Bowl I saw a lot of D Ware covering Tony Gonzalez and Kellen Winslow down the field. To me the sky is the limit for Ware, he can become one of the true greats if he doesn't get hurt. He has abilities that can make him a special player when it is all said and done. I hope he is a Cowboy for his entire career.
 02-11-2008, 09:47 PM         #1191
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^Yeah he was, but I wasn't surprised....I'd trust him in coverage before I trust Roy. (damn shame)

eLLz said:
4. Tony Romo to Larry Fitzgerald TD connection looked lovely ..... there was the rumor last year but after seeing what Fitz is scheduled to make (32.5 mil over the next 2 years :wow: , we cant take that kind of cap hit :( )
That's insane...well props to whoever makes that deal, cause I don't want him if that's the price he's going for.

eLLz said:
im GASSED for the combines and the main reason is Hardy..... If he runs even a 4.6 with that size and has the hands that are advertised and that i saw in college im all over him.....
I was watchin a couple clips of dude the other day and he's a beast....I think you were the one who turned my attention to him in the first place. Sh*t, I can't wait either. It should be WAY more exciting than last years.

Syphernix said:
:rolleyes:
Yeah ok...and I'm :rolleyes: @ the thought of your team repeating.:wow:

Black_Deuce said:
Ken Hamlin will be going to the giants to replace James Butler.
That's the weed talkin. n*gga wants to be a Cowboy, or else he wouldn't have agreed to a 1 year contract...he wanted to prove himself to the organization that he deserved another deal. Besides, who actually says they want to be a Giant?
 10 years ago '05        #1192
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
lil Coaching News!

Capers says no to Cowboys
Monday, Feb 11, 2008 1:48 pm EST

Getty Images
As the Dallas Cowboys close in on hiring Brett Maxie as a.ssistant secondary coach, they now know they will not have Dom Capers on Wade Phillips staff according to the Dallas Morning News.

Capers said he has decided against accepting a position with the Cowboys early Monday morning. Capers talked to the Cowboys two weeks ago about possibly coming in as a consultant.

The Cowboys interviewed Maxie, a Dallas native, on Friday. He spent last year as Miami's a.ssistant secondary coach. He would a.ssist Dave Campo.

On another note I finally I got to peep some of the top RB entering the draft. Jerry would be silly to parle with Tuna. So much depth there.
 10 years ago '05        #1193
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
I saw where Mike "Dudley Do-Right chin" Mayock said that he wouldn't take McFadden in the first 20 picks after watching THREE games on tape of him. I know it sounds crazy but remember Brady Quinn falling all the down last year after he was projected a top 10 pick. Same thing happened to Aaron Rodgers a few years ago. If McFadden falls down to the low teens, Jerry could trade up to get him and not give up Barber.
 10 years ago '06        #1194
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
something about McFadden that was always a cause for concern IMO was fumbling

15 fumbles last year is way too much

he wont slip past the Falcons tho

Last edited by eLLz; 02-12-2008 at 06:48 PM..
 02-12-2008, 09:27 PM         #1195
room 322  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We cannot trade up for McFadden! Keeping our first two picks is key to Dallas starting up a Dynasty. I don't even want to see those picks used on WRs. We need two DB's. Owens will be back to making those big plays we seen all year. Crayton will only get better. Stanbeck should come around after not being injured to start the season. I am big on Miles and Hurd as well. Romo already has some good targets, and we have needed secondary help for years now. Sure we have Newman, Henry, and Hamlin but having some first round rookie cushion to back those guys would help a lot. Plus we all know, defense wins championships.
 10 years ago '06        #1196
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
draft DB with both ?!?!

thats ridiculous.... Crayton is not a #2 WR, hes a legit #3 and Hurd is a #4

we have to start planning on future after Owens even tho i think he has another 3-4 years as a top WR easily with his conditioning

getting Trufant in free agency and then being able to go WR/RB in the 1st round is the perfect way this draft will play out.... I have no problem with a secondary of Newman #1/Trufant #2/Henry Nickel/Roy and Hamlin safties, thats a top unit without question

then you add a Felix Jones back and a big WR target like James Hardy on the outside and run a set with Owens/Hardy/Crayton/Hurd/Witten, thats beastly..... spelling the pass game with Barber beasting and wearing down defenses to open up Felix Jones whos a HR hitter ?
 02-13-2008, 01:17 AM         #1197
room 322  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You make some good points, but Trufant in free agency will be tough. We have a long list of our own free agents to sign. Not to mention Newman is one next season! I don't think we will sign a big name db to a deal when our very own elite db is in for a huge payday next year. Williams is a weakness back there that must be fixed to make a strong push. If Henry or Newman go down who is going to back them up? After a year of being decent in coverage, Reeves will take that experience and his big time speed and demand some money or walk. I don't think Jerry Jones pays him seeing how he have so many other top people to sign back which includes Hamlin, who will want big money after making pro bowl. Then, after see Flozell bounce back and make pro bowl again, I could very well see Jerry letting him retire a cowboy and giving him a big deal to protect Romo's blindside. Crayton can do the 2, he's gotten better every year. He had 7 tds and 700 yards. You can't knock him for not having bigger numbers like some 2's because we all know the ball goes toward TO and Witten first and secondly. As well as, it being said by many in the organization, having the best hands on the team. The only thing the wr corps really needs is a burner, which doesn't have to be first round. The biggest weaknesses for years have been QB and the secondary, and now that Romo is sealed in we need to get at that secondary.
 10 years ago '05        #1198
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
I can almost guarantee that Trufant is going to be watching The Ashanti - N.E. ordeal go down. If Samuels get a $ big $ contract extension (he may be the first db to sign a million dollar contract). So I can’t see why Truant ask for more money either. Ashanti’s contract is going to set it off for all the dbs. As for RUNDMC I am worried about his fumbleitis too. Hopefully JJ and Wade plays their card right and get signed who needs to be signed, maybe we can trade a LB or two and get decent young players.

Last edited by Jaiden05; 02-13-2008 at 10:09 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #1199
Raziel 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,197 | Props total: 1445 1445
whats good with pacman jone he did say he want to got to big d so would it be possible to get this man
 10 years ago '05        #1200
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Raziel said:
whats good with pacman jone he did say he want to got to big d so would it be possible to get this man

pac man has alot to prove. Who is to say he is staying in shape???? I mean I know he's slapping lawyers and biting strippers. This man is a character another Maurice Clarette.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
154 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy