Dallas Cowboys

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
35 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
54 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-15-2008, 02:33 AM         #1081
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tex you don't know how happy that avy makes me :)
 01-15-2008, 02:56 AM         #1082
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^Don't make me go bump your "I'm a ROMOs3xual" thread.:sick:
 01-15-2008, 03:02 AM         #1083
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ok Ill be good
 01-15-2008, 03:09 AM         #1084
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good, cause I don't feel like going to find that sh*t.
 01-15-2008, 03:10 AM         #1085
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

01-15-2008, 04:03 AM         #1086
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn Greg, not again dog!

Josh Ellis
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
January 14, 2008 7:20 PM

Ellis' Worries Have Comeback, Too

IRVING, Texas - It's the off-season now, which means the Greg Ellis drama has begun anew.

The 10-year veteran outside linebacker says his backup, Anthony Spencer, is bound to start - his first-round pick status makes it all but a.ssured. And Ellis thinks it's time to have a talk with the boss.

"Jerry made a big investment in Anthony," Ellis said. "There's something to be said about that - do you keep Greg who's getting older and his salary is going up and you invested new money in Anthony Spencer? What do you do in that situation?"

The whole idea brought a chuckle to Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips.

"He's the NFL Comeback Player of the Year," Phillips said. "He was pretty instrumental in us playing well on defense and our front seven being as strong as it was. I don't see him going anywhere."

See, Phillips knows how Ellis is. He worries. Professional athletes aren't generally known for their insecurities, but Ellis makes up for the rest of them.

Before the 2006 season he worried about whether he could successfully make the transition from defensive end to outside linebacker. He did, and well, basically anchored the team's run defense and supplied enough pass rush to keep teams from loading up to stop fellow outside 'backer DeMarcus Ware. After Ellis tore his Achilles' tendon in the ninth game of the season, the defense was never the same.

And last summer Ellis was so apprehensive about his ability to return from the injury, and thinking Spencer was going to pass him up then because of draft status, he asked to be released, or traded.

"You'd have to be dumb and blind or crazy not to realize you can't draft first-rounders and leave them on the bench," Ellis said. "I'm not nave to that. If you know anything about the NFL you can't draft first-rounders and leave them on the bench for two or three years."

Ellis sat out the first three games rehabbing his heel, then came back and had his best season, finishing with a career-high 12 sacks and three forced fumbles. You just get the feeling Ellis thinks his success has more to do with teams focusing their protection on Ware. And as for what his value might be if he ever got on the open market now that he's come back from the injury?

"That had to be proven - that I still can do it," Ellis said. "The question mark has been removed; he's a safe guy to deal with now."

Ellis just feels like the move to draft Spencer showed the Cowboys intend to get younger at the position, and he said even if he could remain the starter and make the same money, a fresh start somewhere else is more appealing.

"When you see the things that have gone on here, maybe it's time to move on," he said. "With no animosity, not being mad at Jerry - with no controversy, none of that stuff that's been going on for the last two or three years.

"It's none of that. They got Anthony and he's a first-rounder. I put myself in Jerry's situation and said if I was Jerry, what would I do? Jerry and I haven't had that conversation yet. He and I both said, well we'll talk after the season is over. We'll address it later on."

Ellis said being replaced by younger players is what's supposed to happen.

"Jerry may come to me and say, 'No, that's not the way it is,'" Ellis said. "It very well would surprise me."

[pic - click to view]

It sounds like we might be losing Greg this off-season...:(

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 01-15-2008 at 04:09 AM..
 01-15-2008, 02:11 PM         #1087
thuglord*2pac*  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We will see all u haters next season GO COWBOYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is all motivation for the boys so keep doin it! u saw what happened last season? 13-3 GREAT SEASON!
 10 years ago '05        #1088
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Tex, couldn't agree more with signing Hamlin long term. I've always been against it, but maybe we should bulk up Roy a bit and put him at linebacker and see how it works out, then draft a safety. We could line up Hamlin at SS since he can lay the wood, and get another ballhawk to play FS
 10 years ago '05        #1089
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Damn Greg, not again dog!

Josh Ellis
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
January 14, 2008 7:20 PM

Ellis' Worries Have Comeback, Too

IRVING, Texas - It's the off-season now, which means the Greg Ellis drama has begun anew.

The 10-year veteran outside linebacker says his backup, Anthony Spencer, is bound to start - his first-round pick status makes it all but a.ssured. And Ellis thinks it's time to have a talk with the boss.

"Jerry made a big investment in Anthony," Ellis said. "There's something to be said about that - do you keep Greg who's getting older and his salary is going up and you invested new money in Anthony Spencer? What do you do in that situation?"

The whole idea brought a chuckle to Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips.

"He's the NFL Comeback Player of the Year," Phillips said. "He was pretty instrumental in us playing well on defense and our front seven being as strong as it was. I don't see him going anywhere."

See, Phillips knows how Ellis is. He worries. Professional athletes aren't generally known for their insecurities, but Ellis makes up for the rest of them.

Before the 2006 season he worried about whether he could successfully make the transition from defensive end to outside linebacker. He did, and well, basically anchored the team's run defense and supplied enough pass rush to keep teams from loading up to stop fellow outside 'backer DeMarcus Ware. After Ellis tore his Achilles' tendon in the ninth game of the season, the defense was never the same.

And last summer Ellis was so apprehensive about his ability to return from the injury, and thinking Spencer was going to pass him up then because of draft status, he asked to be released, or traded.

"You'd have to be dumb and blind or crazy not to realize you can't draft first-rounders and leave them on the bench," Ellis said. "I'm not nave to that. If you know anything about the NFL you can't draft first-rounders and leave them on the bench for two or three years."

Ellis sat out the first three games rehabbing his heel, then came back and had his best season, finishing with a career-high 12 sacks and three forced fumbles. You just get the feeling Ellis thinks his success has more to do with teams focusing their protection on Ware. And as for what his value might be if he ever got on the open market now that he's come back from the injury?

"That had to be proven - that I still can do it," Ellis said. "The question mark has been removed; he's a safe guy to deal with now."

Ellis just feels like the move to draft Spencer showed the Cowboys intend to get younger at the position, and he said even if he could remain the starter and make the same money, a fresh start somewhere else is more appealing.

"When you see the things that have gone on here, maybe it's time to move on," he said. "With no animosity, not being mad at Jerry - with no controversy, none of that stuff that's been going on for the last two or three years.

"It's none of that. They got Anthony and he's a first-rounder. I put myself in Jerry's situation and said if I was Jerry, what would I do? Jerry and I haven't had that conversation yet. He and I both said, well we'll talk after the season is over. We'll address it later on."

Ellis said being replaced by younger players is what's supposed to happen.

"Jerry may come to me and say, 'No, that's not the way it is,'" Ellis said. "It very well would surprise me."

[pic - click to view]

It sounds like we might be losing Greg this off-season...:(
If we do lose Ellis, Spencer is waiting in the wings and I think all he needs is more playing time. I hope it doesn't happen for Ellis but there are players that can step up and take his place.

Last edited by bootsy; 01-15-2008 at 07:01 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #1090
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
 texasplayboy_23 said:
^^What's funny about having 2 1st round picks regardless of where they are? ...we don't need a fu*kin top 3 pick.

I think we need to sign Ken Hamlin to a long term deal. He stepped up and became the leader like he's been a Cowboy for years...good sh*t. And I hardly ever see him over-pursue or bust coverage...QB's hardly fu*k with his side of the field. Roy on the other hand... I think he's beyond working on the fundamentals. He's had YEARS to learn from his mistakes and he clearly isn't improving. Maybe he still has some trade value? Or do ya'll think we should go safety with our 2nd pick? I damn sure do...we could use a good nickelback to.

What up Tex? Yeah I believe Ken handled his all year.I wasn't even worried about hopping routes one bit well disciplined. As for Roy I think he has trade value but, will be converted. We also need to look else where for a nickel back as well cause Jacques is terrible. Im worried fam about the D as a whole though fell apart at the end of this season. We should be playing the packers.

Last edited by Jaiden05; 01-16-2008 at 11:58 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #1091
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25

Last edited by Syphernix; 01-17-2008 at 12:34 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #1092
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
JG stayin with the Boys! :applause:
 10 years ago '05        #1093
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
JG stayin with the Boys! :applause:

I figured he was you gotta link though. Nevermind I've found it.

Last edited by Jaiden05; 01-17-2008 at 11:57 AM..
 01-17-2008, 12:24 PM         #1094
Twelveinchez  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn shame....i wanted Jason Garret outta Dallas:(

to the giants....
 01-17-2008, 02:10 PM         #1095
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^Ha ha, we'll be back to 30 pts/game again next year...[EVIL]be afraid.[/EVIL] :D

BoSox84 said:
Tex, couldn't agree more with signing Hamlin long term. I've always been against it, but maybe we should bulk up Roy a bit and put him at linebacker and see how it works out, then draft a safety. We could line up Hamlin at SS since he can lay the wood, and get another ballhawk to play FS
The fact that QB's stopped testing Hamlin in coverage mid-way through the season should impress the organization more than his leadership. In alot of games you forgot him and Newman were even playing that day because the ball wasn't getting thrown in their areas. Henry doesn't get picked on alot either...but why would offenses need to when you have 2 morons manning the other side of the field.:rolleyes:

I think Jerry likes Hamlin alot too, so I doubt he goes anywhere. Dude had 15 pass deflections with 4 picks, and he should only get smarter now that he knows the defense. And I wouldn't mind moving him to SS either, he'd just need to put on another 5-10lbs of muscle. As far as drafting a safety, I like Kenny Phillips...don't know if he'll make it down to us...Reggie Smith should still be there though. At the same time they need to really evaluate Pat Watkins to see if he's ready for the starting job, cause we might not need a safety at all.

bootsy said:
If we do lose Ellis, Spencer is waiting in the wings and I think all he needs is more playing time. I hope it doesn't happen for Ellis but there are players that can step up and take his place.
With Ellis, I can't tell if he's actually being considerate of the team and honestly feels like he's holding the team back from a younger, quicker, pass-rusher in Spencer, or if he feels he can hit a huge payday with another team after the great season he had. He's been getting insecure about his job every off-season for the past couple years and I have a feeling its because he wants out of Dallas for whatever reason.:rolleyes:

Jaiden05 said:

What up Tex? Yeah I believe Ken handled his all year.I wasn't even worried about hopping routes one bit well disciplined. As for Roy I think he has trade value but, will be converted. We also need to look else where for a nickel back as well cause Jacques is terrible. Im worried fam about the D as a whole though fell apart at the end of this season. We should be playing the packers.
Yeah, we should be playing the Packers...I'm still in disbelief to tell you the truth. It's messed up because we lost to the Giants who will most likely get r*ped by the Packers, yet we have the team to beat the Packers and could've had a shot at a ring....sh*t sucks man. If we were ever going to get that far, this year would've been the year. We didn't lose any starters to free agency, we were pretty healthy for the most part, we had home-field advantage, we were breaking franchise records left and right, no actual "devastating" distractions...and we blew it....and it's very logical to a.ssume that the stars won't align for us again like this next year. Sh*t, staff are already getting, or getting offered other jobs. Then we have Flozell, Barber, Jones (doesn't really count), Keith Davis, Hamlin, Canty, etc., all becoming FA's....it should be a busy/"interesting" @ss off-season.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 01-17-2008 at 02:12 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #1096
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
^^Ha ha, we'll be back to 30 pts/game again next year...[EVIL]be afraid.[/EVIL] :D

The fact that QB's stopped testing Hamlin in coverage mid-way through the season should impress the organization more than his leadership. In alot of games you forgot him and Newman were even playing that day because the ball wasn't getting thrown in their areas. Henry doesn't get picked on alot either...but why would offenses need to when you have 2 morons manning the other side of the field.:rolleyes:

I think Jerry likes Hamlin alot too, so I doubt he goes anywhere. Dude had 15 pass deflections with 4 picks, and he should only get smarter now that he knows the defense. And I wouldn't mind moving him to SS either, he'd just need to put on another 5-10lbs of muscle. As far as drafting a safety, I like Kenny Phillips...don't know if he'll make it down to us...Reggie Smith should still be there though. At the same time they need to really evaluate Pat Watkins to see if he's ready for the starting job, cause we might not need a safety at all.

With Ellis, I can't tell if he's actually being considerate of the team and honestly feels like he's holding the team back from a younger, quicker, pass-rusher in Spencer, or if he feels he can hit a huge payday with another team after the great season he had. He's been getting insecure about his job every off-season for the past couple years and I have a feeling its because he wants out of Dallas for whatever reason.:rolleyes:

Yeah, we should be playing the Packers...I'm still in disbelief to tell you the truth. It's messed up because we lost to the Giants who will most likely get r*ped by the Packers, yet we have the team to beat the Packers and could've had a shot at a ring....sh*t sucks man. If we were ever going to get that far, this year would've been the year. We didn't lose any starters to free agency, we were pretty healthy for the most part, we had home-field advantage, we were breaking franchise records left and right, no actual "devastating" distractions...and we blew it....and it's very logical to a.ssume that the stars won't align for us again like this next year. Sh*t, staff are already getting, or getting offered other jobs. Then we have Flozell, Barber, Jones (doesn't really count), Keith Davis, Hamlin, Canty, etc., all becoming FA's....it should be a busy/"interesting" @ss off-season.

Hopefully we get a some for weak a55 JJ. Keith shouldn't really be that much of a problem signing. As for Marion and Canty I'm nervous about that one. :sick:

Last edited by Jaiden05; 01-18-2008 at 09:43 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #1097
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,263 | Props total: 443 443

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

:sorry:

Last edited by NYGiantsHUSTLER; 01-17-2008 at 03:16 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #1098
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
i want Trufant

bulk Roy to an LB.... been wanting this since last offseason, even on draft day they said hes "one biscuit away from an LB".... n*gga is a.ss in coverage and we pay him too much money to have to come out every 3rd down plays cause of his coverage liability, thats ridiculous

resign Flozell as long as price is reasonable

resign Barber of course

Tender on Canty

Hamlin long term

Keith Davis resign, beast on ST

Tear up Craytons contract

trade some LBs, were too deep here and will be even deeper if Roy makes the jump

supposedly Hayesworth and Gurode squashed beef shortly after he stomped the n*ggas mental in.... Haynesworth would be a beast pickup

Draft.....

depending on what happens in FA, if we get Trufant.... Safety Browns Pick, WR or RB (depending on whos on board) Cowboys 1st round

run next years D with

DE - Spears
NT - Ferguson (Haynesworth ? )
DE - Canty
OLB - Ware and Spencer
ILB - James and Roy Williams
DB - Newman and Trufant
S - Hamlin and Draft Pick (I want Kenny Phillips from The U )
 01-17-2008, 06:47 PM         #1099
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
[EVIL]be afraid.[/EVIL]
:wow: :sick:

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 01-17-2008 at 06:48 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #1100
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 eLLz said:
i want Trufant

bulk Roy to an LB.... been wanting this since last offseason, even on draft day they said hes "one biscuit away from an LB".... n*gga is a.ss in coverage and we pay him too much money to have to come out every 3rd down plays cause of his coverage liability, thats ridiculous

resign Flozell as long as price is reasonable

resign Barber of course

Tender on Canty

Hamlin long term

Keith Davis resign, beast on ST

Tear up Craytons contract

trade some LBs, were too deep here and will be even deeper if Roy makes the jump

supposedly Hayesworth and Gurode squashed beef shortly after he stomped the n*ggas mental in.... Haynesworth would be a beast pickup

Draft.....

depending on what happens in FA, if we get Trufant.... Safety Browns Pick, WR or RB (depending on whos on board) Cowboys 1st round

run next years D with

DE - Spears
NT - Ferguson (Haynesworth ? )
DE - Canty
OLB - Ware and Spencer
ILB - James and Roy Williams
DB - Newman and Trufant
S - Hamlin and Draft Pick (I want Kenny Phillips from The U )

We don't need to make major overhaul changes just a tweak here and there. Get a WR that can stretch the field(Berrian,Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed) a change of pace home run hitter RB(Felix Jones, Mendenhall, Slaton, Stewart) to go along with Barber and a DB(Aqib Talib, Trufant, Samuel)who can tackle and make plays on the ball. Samuel and Trufant are probably going to be too much but that's all that is out there in FA. I agree with resigning Canty, Barber, and Hamlin and maybe Davis. I also think people are too quick to give up on Crayton. He had a bad game but who doesn't. Crayton was clutch in a lot of games this season. He is a 3rd receiver and played a respectable number 2 to T.O. Put him back as a number 3 and then get that receiver that I mentioned that can stretch the field through the draft or FA.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago