Dallas Cowboys

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #961
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,164 | Props total: 957 957
NFL writes Newman a love letter
1:03 PM Thu, Dec 06, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer Bio --> E-mail News tips

Apparently, NFL vice president of football operations Ray Anderson didn't see Terence Newman's comments on Wednesday in the same light that Timmy Mac did.

Ray A. and T-Mac, obviously, have very different senses of humor. Fort Worth's own though No. 41's thoughts were pretty funny. Anderson, as this letter penned to Newman indicates, didn't. Here's the some of the text:

I am writing in response to your public comments today in the San Antonio Express News. Specifically in the Dec. 5 edition, referring to the Lions’ Jon Kitna. You are quoted as saying, “He better just hope I don't blitz off the edge because I've got 15, 25, 30 (thousand dollars) however much it would be for a fine. I've got that much for one fine. Revenge will be sweet, definitely."

You comments were thoughtless and irresponsible in view of the negative impact such statements have on all of us in football. They are contrary to what the NFL stands for, and do a disservice to the League, your team and yourself.

The public’s view of NFL players is essential to our continued success as the most popular sport in America, and you comments undermined the good that so many players have done in developing a positive image. You are among the privileged few able to represent the NFL to our youth and communities. Like it or not, you are a role model … with all the responsibilities.

Be advised that your comments will now compel us to carefully monitor your activities in this weekend Cowboys-Lions game. As you know blatant fouls may subject a player not only to fines, but to suspension as well. So conduct yourself accordingly.

I hate to say this because Terence Newman is one of my favourite players but the NFL is right on this. Players can't say stuff like that and expect to get away with it. Here's hoping T-New doesn't do anything that gets him suspended.
 10 years ago '05        #962
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
 DymeKatcha said:
NFL writes Newman a love letter
1:03 PM Thu, Dec 06, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer Bio --> E-mail News tips

Apparently, NFL vice president of football operations Ray Anderson didn't see Terence Newman's comments on Wednesday in the same light that Timmy Mac did.

Ray A. and T-Mac, obviously, have very different senses of humor. Fort Worth's own though No. 41's thoughts were pretty funny. Anderson, as this letter penned to Newman indicates, didn't. Here's the some of the text:

I am writing in response to your public comments today in the San Antonio Express News. Specifically in the Dec. 5 edition, referring to the Lions’ Jon Kitna. You are quoted as saying, “He better just hope I don't blitz off the edge because I've got 15, 25, 30 (thousand dollars) however much it would be for a fine. I've got that much for one fine. Revenge will be sweet, definitely."
You comments were thoughtless and irresponsible in view of the negative impact such statements have on all of us in football. They are contrary to what the NFL stands for, and do a disservice to the League, your team and yourself.

The public’s view of NFL players is essential to our continued success as the most popular sport in America, and you comments undermined the good that so many players have done in developing a positive image. You are among the privileged few able to represent the NFL to our youth and communities. Like it or not, you are a role model … with all the responsibilities.

Be advised that your comments will now compel us to carefully monitor your activities in this weekend Cowboys-Lions game. As you know blatant fouls may subject a player not only to fines, but to suspension as well. So conduct yourself accordingly.

I hate to say this because Terence Newman is one of my favourite players but the NFL is right on this. Players can't say stuff like that and expect to get away with it. Here's hoping T-New doesn't do anything that gets him suspended.

I didn't know he said that I think he was just trying to cause some hype though. They will be watching him likw a hawk now. JOHN better watch his a55
 12-06-2007, 09:59 PM         #963
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whatever.:rolleyes: I think the league acts like b*tches sometimes. Now that this has happened we'll probably end up getting personal fouls for legit sacks on Sunday.

....I don't give a fu*k, I hope they blitz EVERY play damn it!

Oh, **change of subject** did ya'll read about (Detroit's) Roy Williams wanting to come back to Texas after next season? ....we do need to eventually get a younger #1 receiver.:D

I hope Hamlin gets a new contract too. He's pretty decent in coverage and stepping up as the leader on defense.
 10 years ago '07        #964
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
whooooooo jon kitna whooooooooooooooo lets go kitna

yall aint nothin......j/k

**exits thread**
 10 years ago '05        #965
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Whatever.:rolleyes: I think the league acts like b*tches sometimes. Now that this has happened we'll probably end up getting personal fouls for legit sacks on Sunday.

....I don't give a fu*k, I hope they blitz EVERY play damn it!

Oh, **change of subject** did ya'll read about (Detroit's) Roy Williams wanting to come back to Texas after next season? ....we do need to eventually get a younger #1 receiver.:D

I hope Hamlin gets a new contract too. He's pretty decent in coverage and stepping up as the leader on defense.

Yeah I was going to post that too but, I was too lazy. I was watching PIT I believe and they said " Terry still isn't running full speed ". I might catch hate but, why didn't they just place him on IR?
 12-08-2007, 01:45 AM         #966
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hell no you won't catch hate because you aren't alone...us fans aren't stupid, the n*gga still isn't running in December...it's a wrap! But now it's too fu*kin late because the roster spot doesn't even matter anymore....who the fu*k is gonna use it?!

Syphernix said:
whooooooo jon kitna whooooooooooooooo lets go kitna

yall aint nothin......j/k

**exits thread**
Kitna>>Eli...yeah I said it.
 12-08-2007, 09:19 AM         #967
s0uThSiDe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NEWMAN BACKS OFF

Cowboys defensive back Terence Newman said earlier in the week that he'll be looking to give Lions quarterback Jon Kitna a little payback for critical comments that Kitna made about the Dallas defense after Detroit (somehow) beat the Cowboys to cap the 2006 regular season.

Then, the NFL swooped in to make Newman aware of the reality that any efforts to target Kitna will be met with a stiff fine, and possibly with a suspension.

So what does Newman have to say about it?

Essentially, "I'm just kidding."

"[Kitna] didn't say anything bad to me," Newman said on Friday, according to the Dallas Morning News. "I was trying to make a joke about it. I don't even blitz. I blitz like four times a year. Besides, he's bigger than me."
 10 years ago '05        #968
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 s0uThSiDe said:
NEWMAN BACKS OFF

Cowboys defensive back Terence Newman said earlier in the week that he'll be looking to give Lions quarterback Jon Kitna a little payback for critical comments that Kitna made about the Dallas defense after Detroit (somehow) beat the Cowboys to cap the 2006 regular season.

Then, the NFL swooped in to make Newman aware of the reality that any efforts to target Kitna will be met with a stiff fine, and possibly with a suspension.

So what does Newman have to say about it?

Essentially, "I'm just kidding."

"[Kitna] didn't say anything bad to me," Newman said on Friday, according to the Dallas Morning News. "I was trying to make a joke about it. I don't even blitz. I blitz like four times a year. Besides, he's bigger than me."

@ T.NEW's sarcasim.... He is telling the truth about the blitzing. The way roy has been playing I wouldn't blitz him anyway.
 12-09-2007, 01:09 AM         #969
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Exactly. If Newman ever blitzes they better have TO covering his corner spot.
 12-09-2007, 07:43 AM         #970
QueenzBaller26  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
aye man i just want to say that was a great thursday night game, hopefuly we can see each other later down the road again.
 12-09-2007, 09:42 PM         #971
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^It should be a good game once again....and it better be in Dallas again! ...fu*kin Lions tried their best to fu*k that up for us.:banghead:
 10 years ago '05        #972
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 texasplayboy_23 said:
^^It should be a good game once again....and it better be in Dallas again! ...fu*kin Lions tried their best to fu*k that up for us.:banghead:
I was nervous before and during the game. I had that strange feeling that the Lions were going to bring it today because they were due after losing 4 in a row and all the sh*t talking that was going on all week. Romo pulls it out again and Witten redeems himself. On to play the Eagles.
 12-09-2007, 11:04 PM         #973
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was never really mad @ Witten because he's been playing like the best in the league all season and 1 fu*k up is ok.....the defense on the other hand...:banghead: Yeah they stopped 'em in the redzone a few times and when it counted most at the end of the game, but they still make me uncomfortable against good offenses.:sick:

And :wtf: @ the run defense today?!! Under 100 yards by 1 player once again, but 152 total yards and 3 TD's?!
 12-09-2007, 11:45 PM         #974
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Yessir!:applause::applause: It's been a long time comin.
 12-10-2007, 11:09 AM         #975
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Looks like the Pats passed on the mediocre flu to the cowboys.

Good game Detroit, Dallas better stay consistent in the playoffs.
 10 years ago '05        #976
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:

[pic - click to view]

Yessir!:applause::applause: It's been a long time comin.
Damn Tex who's that in ya avy?

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS.
 10 years ago '05        #977
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 Big R said:
IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys receiver Terry Glenn went through some drills at practice for the first time all season Wednesday, a good indication the already dominant Dallas offense could have another weapon by the playoffs.

Glenn, out because of two knee operations, is not expected to play Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles. He's more likely to make his season debut the following Saturday at Carolina or in the regular-season finale at Washington. If the Cowboys get a first-round bye, Glenn would have four weeks of practice before the first playoff game.

Coach Wade Phillips said he'd like to see Glenn be able to tolerate several practices in a row before using him in a game.

"It's a slow progression, certainly, but we want to be careful," Phillips said. "He didn't seem to be limping on his leg at all, so there were some positive signs from him being out there. He looked very quick. That was a good thing. ... [After practice] he was still smiling. That's my doctoring right there. If they're smiling, they're getting better."

Cornerback Terence Newman missed team drills Wednesday because of a sprained big toe on his right foot and a slight knee injury. They're new injuries, sustained this past Sunday and not related to previous problems with his knee and heel.

"He might be able to practice tomorrow so I'm not too discouraged," Phillips said. "But it may be a similar situation to what we've had all year, where he comes in as a sub guy instead of a starter."

Glenn was supposed to be Tony Romo's deep threat until he had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee during training camp. He was hurt again in his first practice back, leading to a second arthroscopic procedure in September. It wasn't a typical scope, though, which is why he's been so slow to return. At the time, he was also considering season-ending microfracture surgery.

Dallas has kept Glenn on the roster all season exactly for this scenario -- a return just in time for the playoffs.

"Terry is an anomaly, he's a guy that really can't be covered one-on-one," Romo said. "We're going to see to what extent he comes back, obviously. If it's the old Terry Glenn, this guy is unbelievable. ... I like our offense a lot right now, obviously. With him coming back, I think that we add another dimension that helps us be even more explosive."

Glenn's return to practice had been expected for several days. He's been working out at team headquarters in recent weeks and on Friday he ran routes and caught passes.

This time, he came out wearing a red Ohio State hat and a blue Cowboys sweatshirt and with his right leg tightly wrapped. He limbered up with teammates, then spoke with a.ssistant trainer Britt Brown as individual drills began. Glenn then went to the end of the line as fellow receivers caught passes being lobbed by a coach. The next session required cuts off the line and he made them smoothly, with flashes of his great speed.

The Cowboys have already clinched the division title and can wrap up a first-round bye with a win Sunday at home against the Eagles. If Dallas wins and the Green Bay Packers lose at St. Louis, the Cowboys would also clinch home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs.

Glenn caught 70 passes for 1,047 yards and six touchdowns last season, with his best days coming after Romo replaced Drew Bledsoe. So when Glenn went down in the preseason, it was expected to slow the Dallas offense.

The Cowboys have done just fine without him, though, leading the NFC in scoring and yards and on pace to set club records in both categories. Still, they're eager to have him back.

"It'll be another guy for defensive teams to contend with," fellow receiver Terrell Owens said. "Everyone knows the impact Terry Glenn [can have] and once he gets out there and gets his feet underneath him, I'm sure he'll be back to his old self."

Although he's 33 and in his 12th season, Glenn -- when healthy -- is among the fastest players on the roster and perhaps Dallas' most well-rounded receiver.

Even at less than full strength he could hurt defenses that pay too much attention to Owens and Jason Witten. Of course, any extra attention paid to him would open things up for Owens and Witten.

Patrick Crayton has done a nice job filling in for Glenn as the No. 2 receiver and could keep that spot, with Glenn being the third receiver. Or perhaps they'll share both jobs. Offensive coordinator Jason Garrett probably won't mind having to solve that problem.

"Terry's a phenomenal talent," Romo said. "Anything that he does, even if it's 80 percent of what he was before, he's still going to give you something good."
This is going to help tremendously if Glenn can come back and be a 3rd receiver for this team. I want to see him play the last 2 games and get some work and chemistry back with Romo and the rest of the receivers and then get ready for the playoffs. I think he adds the deep threat element and just being out there that is another piece that the opposing defense has to worry about.
 12-12-2007, 11:21 PM         #978
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaiden05 said:
Damn Tex who's that in ya avy?
Some puerto rican model named Lisa Marie...you know I had to come back strong after takin the last chick down for Sean T.:D

And I see TG is finally practicing:applause:....of course right after I said we wasted a roster spot all season. If he even gets back to 80% full speed Dallas offense>>New England's....yeah I said it.
 12-13-2007, 12:00 AM         #979
thatfeel21  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all we need is terry glenn at at least 70% and its a WRAP like a middle eastern's dome...
 12-13-2007, 01:53 AM         #980
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Big R said:
1000th post :applause::applause::applause:

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy