Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-29-2007, 11:38 PM         #941
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Dallas won, but I'm not over-joyed right now. I feel like they got complacent with the lead, stopped playing aggressive and let GB back into this game. Aaron Rodgers lit the secondary up for the most part, and why? Because they stopped blitzing......why blitz Favre who can beat you deep, but not the young QB? ....I don't get it.

....I don't get why Julius Jones's punk-@ss was in the game on 4th and 2 either. I think that play/call/formation made my blood boil the most.
...what I posted in the GB/Dallas thread.
 10 years ago '05        #942
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
The sad thing is the media is still talking s hit. Oh the cowboys still don't look impressive. Shm at these haters.
 10 years ago '05        #943
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 texasplayboy_23 said:
...what I posted in the GB/Dallas thread.
I disagree with some of what you say. GB moved the ball because that is their game. They have done it on everybody this year. The Packers are a good team and you knew they would come back and f!ght. The Packers did what they do best short passing routes and then let the speedy receivers create and make plays. Our defense didn't give up the big pass play and that is something they did plenty last year. THey got plenty of pressure on Rodgers. He had to scramble a few times to get away from the pressure and also rolled out a couple of times.

I do agree with you on the 4th and 2. I liked the call because I like putting the pressure on the defense to stop us but having Juliius Jones run it was stupid. Jones runs straight ahead and has no power. Barber should have gotten the call on that play. Julius has been disappointing this year about the only thing he does right is catch the little screen pass out of the backup. He is very good at that but that's about it.

Last edited by bootsy; 11-30-2007 at 05:46 PM..
 11-30-2007, 06:55 PM         #944
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^The sacks don't tell the story. Aaron Rodgers was sacked 3 times, but Favre received the more aggressive defense....look at their numbers: Brett was 5/14 for 56 yards and 2 int's before getting hurt. (keep in mind Dallas was pounding Green Bay while Brett was starting) Then Rodgers comes in with ___ experience in the regular season, goes 18/26 for 201 yards a TD and most importantly zero int's. Now he wasn't sacked because we blitzed like crazy, he was sacked b/c Ware and Ellis just flat out beat the left/right tackles in those plays.

Roy got sent on blitzes while Favre was in there and so did our corners. Nate Jones was the 1 who knocked Brett out the game....a DB, not a LB. So if you think about the game, Rodgers was beating us with our base defense, while Favre struggled with constant pressure from our DB's, LB's and linemen. ...we should've kept blitzing like that.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 11-30-2007 at 06:57 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #945
bootsy 
space
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
^^The sacks don't tell the story. Aaron Rodgers was sacked 3 times, but Favre received the more aggressive defense....look at their numbers: Brett was 5/14 for 56 yards and 2 int's before getting hurt. (keep in mind Dallas was pounding Green Bay while Brett was starting) Then Rodgers comes in with ___ experience in the regular season, goes 18/26 for 201 yards a TD and most importantly zero int's. Now he wasn't sacked because we blitzed like crazy, he was sacked b/c Ware and Ellis just flat out beat the left/right tackles in those plays.

Roy got sent on blitzes while Favre was in there and so did our corners. Nate Jones was the 1 who knocked Brett out the game....a DB, not a LB. So if you think about the game, Rodgers was beating us with our base defense, while Favre struggled with constant pressure from our DB's, LB's and linemen. ...we should've kept blitzing like that.

You also have to remember they had no footage on Rodgers and he came in unexpectedly. There may have been some hesistation on the defense because of preparing for Favre all week.
 11-30-2007, 08:41 PM         #946
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
T.O. was in motion all day to get away from Al Harris

I think it was a good tactic, but for someone his size to be scared of an old school bump n run corner like Al...
 11-30-2007, 09:12 PM         #947
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bootsy said:
You also have to remember they had no footage on Rodgers and he came in unexpectedly. There may have been some hesistation on the defense because of preparing for Favre all week.
Hesitation? Going into the game I would've expected them to run a cover 2 zone all night for the fear of getting beat deep by Favre. But they sent safeties and corners to blitz the hall of famer and left the corners in man. Now when the young guy comes in, (and they were up by 17 at that point) they switch back to a base 3-4 and base nickel with a 2-deep zone, letting Rodgers complete all the underneath passes....makes no sense. The fact that they had no reason to prepare for Rodgers is the same reason why they should've thrown every blitz they knew at his non-startin @ss, all night long.
 11-30-2007, 09:15 PM         #948
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:

I think it was a good tactic, but for someone his size to be scared of an old school bump n run corner like Al...
You don't watch many Cowboys games, so I'll give you a pass... but Jason Garrett has been putting TO in motion all year. Why do you think he's putting up the numbers he is? You can't cover him. ...he wasn't in motion on every play either.:rolleyes: They had their tussles at the LOS.
 10 years ago '05        #949
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,165 | Props total: 958 958
Dallas!! sh*t We need To Draft M.Kelly With Our Second First Pic Just Cause This

Classic, Kid Kind of nice.. I was up here riding the beat with this kid..he was getting it lmao
 10 years ago '05        #950
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,165 | Props total: 958 958
Late Night Cap with jessica Simpson for Romo, My Man

10 years ago '05        #951
bootsy 
space
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Hesitation? Going into the game I would've expected them to run a cover 2 zone all night for the fear of getting beat deep by Favre. But they sent safeties and corners to blitz the hall of famer and left the corners in man. Now when the young guy comes in, (and they were up by 17 at that point) they switch back to a base 3-4 and base nickel with a 2-deep zone, letting Rodgers complete all the underneath passes....makes no sense. The fact that they had no reason to prepare for Rodgers is the same reason why they should've thrown every blitz they knew at his non-startin @ss, all night long.
I don't know we can go back and forth on this but I am happy that they got the win in an important game. I can't remember the last Cowboy important win. They need to finish strong and stay healthy and they will be fine going into the playoffs. Also I definitely want this Detroit game because of Kitna's comments about the defense after the last game of the season last year and because of Furrey throwing the ball at the star and for the simple fact that they beat us. Now that GAME they better be blitzing like crazy against Kitna because that Detroit offensive line is terrible.
 12-01-2007, 03:43 PM         #952
Kwame_Brown_GOD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:

arent u a giants fan? you spend more time in here then cowboy fans
 10 years ago '05        #953
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 DallasTexas said:
:finger: the media.... we know whats up and thats all that matters

Cowboys will clinch their division if the giants lose to the bears on sunday
Damn didn't know that sh it lets go Bears :rolleyes:
 12-01-2007, 08:04 PM         #954
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bootsy said:
I don't know we can go back and forth on this but I am happy that they got the win in an important game. I can't remember the last Cowboy important win. They need to finish strong and stay healthy and they will be fine going into the playoffs. Also I definitely want this Detroit game because of Kitna's comments about the defense after the last game of the season last year and because of Furrey throwing the ball at the star and for the simple fact that they beat us. Now that GAME they better be blitzing like crazy against Kitna because that Detroit offensive line is terrible.
The only reason I'm critical of the 'Boys is b/c of the playoffs....they gotta learn to put people away early. Hell, the Packers came within 3 in that game when we were beatin their @sses by 17 in the 1st 20 minutes. One mistake and they could've got in position to tie the game or take the lead in the 2nd half.....we can't continue to do that sh*t as hungry as dudes get in the playoffs.

And yeah, the D needs to be all over Kitna's sh*t next week.

DymeKatcha said:
Late Night Cap with jessica Simpson for Romo, My Man

My n*gga. I couldn't really see anything cause the camera man kept shakin like they had parkinson's or some sh*t.:banghead:

DymeKatcha said:
Dallas!! sh*t We need To Draft M.Kelly With Our Second First Pic Just Cause This

Classic, Kid Kind of nice.. I was up here riding the beat with this kid..he was getting it lmao
All my n*ggas from Texas freestyle the same.

I like Limas Sweed from UT though. He's 6'5" 219...he had a wrist injury that ended his season early, but dude is still a 1st round receiver.
 12-01-2007, 08:39 PM         #955
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kwame_Brown_GOD said:
arent u a giants fan? you spend more time in here then cowboy fans
 12-01-2007, 09:13 PM         #956
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just like reading these every week...

Mickey Spagnola
DallasCowboys.com Columnist
November 30, 2007 5:30 PM

Mick's Mail

Lenny White, Union, N.J.: I was just reading various articles about the Cowboys-Packers game, and I just have one question: Where's the love? Instead of giving us the respect we should have, the media keeps harping on the fact that the Packers weren't at full strength due to KGB and Charles Woodson not being in the lineup. Whatever happened to no excuses? We beat these guys fair and square and they get all the excuses in the world on why they lost.

Mickey: Hey, here is all that matters: 11-1, first place in the NFC and NFC East, playoff spot clinched and one win or a Giants loss from clinching the division. While I think it's legit to point out the Packers were missing two of their better defensive players, that's just part of the game. No team stays healthy for an entire season. Just ignore that stuff. With the exception of two defensive plays and dropping a touchdown for an end-zone interception, the Cowboys were mighty dominating.

Michael Wilson, Virginia Beach, Va.: So from all the media coverage, I guess it's safe to a.ssume the Packers are the first team to play this year with two players out with injuries? Thank goodness the Cowboys have had a healthy Terence Newman and Anthony Henry all year, and that Greg Ellis and Jason Ferguson have played every snap is truly a blessing. Hope all these excuses help the Cheeseheads sleep better this week.

Mickey: Not to mention not having Terry Glenn all season, about the equivalent of the Packers not having Greg Jennings. That stuff all sounds good and, well, needs to be pointed out, but at the end of the day, when you look at the standings, they don't put an asterisk next to the 11 after the Cowboys name. Just the way it's been and will always be. Just smile and go on to the next game.

Bobby Evans, Comanche, Texas: Please tell me now that we have a guaranteed playoff spot and are close to wrapping up the NFC East that we will not be resting on our laurels? I will be disappointed if we sit our starters the last two weeks and don't shoot for 15-1.

Mickey: Whoa there, cowboy. There still is much to play for, even if the Giants should lose to the Bears on Sunday, which would clinch the NFC East title for the Cowboys. Getting that first-round bye is important. So is hanging on to home-field advantage. While the Cowboys took a significant step toward accomplishing those goals, they will have not taken the final step. No resting on the laurels quite yet.

David Soden, Woodbridge, Va.: Yes we won the game, knocked out Favre and we're 11-1 and in the driver's seat for home-field advantage. But. . . . we did not put them away! It just seems that we lack that k!ller instinct that Super Bowl teams need. Are we having too much fun instead of having a workman's mentality? I'm so glad we won and we'll take the win but if we play and coach like this in the playoffs . . . we will choke! That would be such a shame because our team has so much potential this year.

Mickey: Too much fun? You're serious? Were the Packers not the co-best team in the NFC coming into this game? I mean, it's not like they were the 2-8 Jets playing on Thanksgiving. Sure you would have liked to put that game away when up 27-10. But things happen in a game. What you should focus on is how well the Cowboys played under pressure when the lead shrunk to 27-24. They responded, not only on offense, scoring another 10 points, but also on defense. Let's see, that's now nine double-digit victories in 12 games. Thou should not scoff.

Keith Pettiford, New Castle, Del.: How come Dallas does not have the k!ller instinct? Brett Favre is hurt. You are up 27-10. This is the time to put your foot on your neck. Instead, Wade Phillips and the 'Boys self-destruct. I'm a Dallas fan but they will not make the Super Bowl. They don't want it. Here's a chance to win the division, get a few extra days off, get a game up on Green Bay and force the Giants, Eagles, Lions and Washington to win this week. disgusting.

Mickey: In all fairness, it should be noted this e-mail came in Thursday night about 9:40, so about the time the Cowboys were f!ghting to stay in the lead. Look, I know you guys all want perfection, but let's not forget where this franchise has been since 1995. The Cowboys now have the most wins in a single season since 1995 and are on the verge of clinching their first division title since 1998. Why all the angst? Enjoy the ride. You know, it's not like the Cowboys are entitled here.

Dave Johnson, Hazlent, N.J.: I'd like to hear from all of those people who criticized Romo this off-season for going to beauty pageants and stuff, all complaining that he should be getting ready for the season. Think he's ready now?

Mickey: Yeah, pretty funny. Seems as though every corner Romo turns, danger lurks in the minds of some people. It's like all these worries about who he's dating, where he spends his off-weekend, negotiating a contract, playing his boyhood idol, a bobbled snap. On and on and on. Yet, all I see is 11-1 and a sixth 300-yard passing performance this season, doubling what any Cowboys quarterback has thrown in a single season. Hmmm, wonder if he is ready?

Mike Screen, Buffalo, N.Y.: I understand the rotation with Julius Jones, but why do you run Julius instead of Marion Barber in that fourth-down situation?

Mickey: You know, it was not so much that the Cowboys ran Jones on that fourth-and-really-2 play, but where they ran him. Jones is much better slashing off tackle or getting to the outside than running the straight dive play. But just know that wasn't fourth-and-1.

Charlie Gibbard, Fort Myers, Fla.: How about a little love for the offensive line? A game ball or something? I haven't heard any of the "experts" mention them. Did you see the time Romo had in a perfect pocket?

Mickey: Yep, sure did. No sacks. As we pointed out in a note after the game, quarterbacks can't pick apart zone coverages the way Romo did that second half without being able to survey the field. Go ask Brett Favre. The "experts" here sure understand the offensive line's value.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 12-01-2007 at 09:17 PM..
 12-01-2007, 09:14 PM         #957
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Kevin Nixon, Nashville, Tenn.: Marc Colombo hasn't been just good, he's been great - not just this year but last year. As many problems as the Cowboys have had in recent years at that position, shouldn't he be getting much more credit for how well our offense is playing? I mean, isn't he easily the best player we've had at that position since Eric Williams?

Mickey: You know, that's not a stretch. The last even creditable right tackle the Cowboys had was Solomon Page, and that was a very short-lived existence here. I think Colombo gets a lot of credit, and he sure should have for his performance against Aaron Kampman, but here is the problem. No one knows Colombo because he's another one of those backward thinking offensive linemen who won't talk to the media. Great guy, too. Kind of funny. But you guys will never know that as long as he continues to participate in this little offensive linemen game of self-imposed reticence.

John Acosta, Albuquerque, N.M.: Did anyone else notice what a tremendous game Miles Austin had against the Pack? I mean they couldn't cover this guy. He blew right past the defensive back in both plays. If it weren't for getting interfered with, Austin would've had two touchdowns. My question is this: Why haven't they used this guy more on offense? He's clearly a deep threat - well at least in this game he was. What do you think?

Mickey: The Cowboys did a good job of scouting the Packers, finding a favorable matchup for him going up against backup cornerback Jarrett Bush. That's why Jason Garrett sent him on those two deep post patterns, especially with the Packers' safeties paying so much attention to Terrell Owens. Austin is gaining confidence and count on Garrett to continue finding spots to fit him into the game plan. Sure do like him isolated to one side with two receivers to the other, leaving him mostly in man coverage.

Kevin Nixon, Nashville, Tenn.: On the first series, the refs called DeMarcus Ware for offsides on third-and-10, but when I used the DVR to rewind, it seemed as if he was just faster than everyone except the center. This isn't the first time this has happened to Ware this season. Can someone more important than me send a memo or game tape to Mike Pereria so this doesn't happen in a game during the playoffs?

Mickey: Yes, I'm glad someone has confirmed what I thought immediately after watching that flag fly. No way did I think Ware was offsides, even from as far away as I was in the press box. Plus, whatever movement he made, I didn't think he even crossed the line of scrimmage. Rest a.ssured if the coaches think as you do, then they will call Pereira's attention to the play.

Sam Waldrip, Mesquite, Texas: Whom do we complain to about Bryant "Bumble" Gumbel and the unacceptable job he did of play-by-play during the Cowboys-Packers game? It was just terrible! He couldn't say Tony Romo's name right, calling him "Rick Romo," and butchering several other things. He is boring to listen to, is not informed and does not contribute anything to a broadcast.

Mickey: Send your complaints to the NFL offices. The New York honchos run the network. And yes, I did notice some of those blunders, and while we all make mistakes, those made in a highly-visibly broadcast such as Cowboys-Packers are further magnified. Hey, it's early maybe. Just his second game of the season.

Damon Whittingon, Wichita Falls, Texas: This was supposed to be the NFL's glowing, shining moment in the broadcasting sun - the game of the year: Cowboys-Packers battling for NFC supremacy and what looks like could be home field advantage in the playoffs, all putting Time Warner and Big Cable with their collective backs to the wall. All the pieces were in place. And, by golly, all the pieces were in place but . . . please tell me how NFL Network allowed the Gumbel-Collinsworth tandem in the broadcast booth on such a big game? This was easily the worst-called game I can remember in an NFL game or even a nationally-televised college game (I"ve seen some regional college coverage that was worse). In the first quarter alone, Gumbel referred to the Cowboys as "the Packers" no less than six times by my count. Then it was "Marion Jones" and "Rick Romo" and "Julius Barber". He was consistently two to four yards off on his ball spotting and he flat out missed the Packers' flea flicker play, thinking Favre did a simple drop back.

Mickey: At times you get the idea he isn't really enthused to be doing the games. He can't seem to capture the emotion of the competition. Have a little fun. Maybe loosen the tie and top button a little more. Something.

Kelly Lemons, Ankara, Turkey: Memory does not serve me well in regards to last year's defeat at the hands of the Lions. What were the keys to Detroit's victory, and what do you see Dallas doing better this year to not let that happen again?

Mickey: Well, this is fairly easy to remember. The Lions passed the Cowboys silly in that 39-31 victory. The Cowboys, finally but begrudgingly, began changing their nickel defense some in that game, but it wasn't nearly enough. The Lions simply went to school on what the Saints did to them a few weeks earlier, and the Cowboys didn't come close to stopping Jon Kitna, who threw for 306 yards and four touchdowns. Offensively, Romo took a few more chances, but almost had to since he sensed the Cowboys' defense wasn't coming close to stopping the Lions' offense.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 12-01-2007 at 09:16 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #958
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
I just like reading these every week...

Mickey Spagnola
DallasCowboys.com Columnist
November 30, 2007 5:30 PM

Mick's Mail

Lenny White, Union, N.J.: I was just reading various articles about the Cowboys-Packers game, and I just have one question: Where's the love? Instead of giving us the respect we should have, the media keeps harping on the fact that the Packers weren't at full strength due to KGB and Charles Woodson not being in the lineup. Whatever happened to no excuses? We beat these guys fair and square and they get all the excuses in the world on why they lost.

Mickey: Hey, here is all that matters: 11-1, first place in the NFC and NFC East, playoff spot clinched and one win or a Giants loss from clinching the division. While I think it's legit to point out the Packers were missing two of their better defensive players, that's just part of the game. No team stays healthy for an entire season. Just ignore that stuff. With the exception of two defensive plays and dropping a touchdown for an end-zone interception, the Cowboys were mighty dominating.

Michael Wilson, Virginia Beach, Va.: So from all the media coverage, I guess it's safe to a.ssume the Packers are the first team to play this year with two players out with injuries? Thank goodness the Cowboys have had a healthy Terence Newman and Anthony Henry all year, and that Greg Ellis and Jason Ferguson have played every snap is truly a blessing. Hope all these excuses help the Cheeseheads sleep better this week.

Mickey: Not to mention not having Terry Glenn all season, about the equivalent of the Packers not having Greg Jennings. That stuff all sounds good and, well, needs to be pointed out, but at the end of the day, when you look at the standings, they don't put an asterisk next to the 11 after the Cowboys name. Just the way it's been and will always be. Just smile and go on to the next game.

Bobby Evans, Comanche, Texas: Please tell me now that we have a guaranteed playoff spot and are close to wrapping up the NFC East that we will not be resting on our laurels? I will be disappointed if we sit our starters the last two weeks and don't shoot for 15-1.

Mickey: Whoa there, cowboy. There still is much to play for, even if the Giants should lose to the Bears on Sunday, which would clinch the NFC East title for the Cowboys. Getting that first-round bye is important. So is hanging on to home-field advantage. While the Cowboys took a significant step toward accomplishing those goals, they will have not taken the final step. No resting on the laurels quite yet.

David Soden, Woodbridge, Va.: Yes we won the game, knocked out Favre and we're 11-1 and in the driver's seat for home-field advantage. But. . . . we did not put them away! It just seems that we lack that k!ller instinct that Super Bowl teams need. Are we having too much fun instead of having a workman's mentality? I'm so glad we won and we'll take the win but if we play and coach like this in the playoffs . . . we will choke! That would be such a shame because our team has so much potential this year.

Mickey: Too much fun? You're serious? Were the Packers not the co-best team in the NFC coming into this game? I mean, it's not like they were the 2-8 Jets playing on Thanksgiving. Sure you would have liked to put that game away when up 27-10. But things happen in a game. What you should focus on is how well the Cowboys played under pressure when the lead shrunk to 27-24. They responded, not only on offense, scoring another 10 points, but also on defense. Let's see, that's now nine double-digit victories in 12 games. Thou should not scoff.

Keith Pettiford, New Castle, Del.: How come Dallas does not have the k!ller instinct? Brett Favre is hurt. You are up 27-10. This is the time to put your foot on your neck. Instead, Wade Phillips and the 'Boys self-destruct. I'm a Dallas fan but they will not make the Super Bowl. They don't want it. Here's a chance to win the division, get a few extra days off, get a game up on Green Bay and force the Giants, Eagles, Lions and Washington to win this week. disgusting.

Mickey: In all fairness, it should be noted this e-mail came in Thursday night about 9:40, so about the time the Cowboys were f!ghting to stay in the lead. Look, I know you guys all want perfection, but let's not forget where this franchise has been since 1995. The Cowboys now have the most wins in a single season since 1995 and are on the verge of clinching their first division title since 1998. Why all the angst? Enjoy the ride. You know, it's not like the Cowboys are entitled here.

Dave Johnson, Hazlent, N.J.: I'd like to hear from all of those people who criticized Romo this off-season for going to beauty pageants and stuff, all complaining that he should be getting ready for the season. Think he's ready now?

Mickey: Yeah, pretty funny. Seems as though every corner Romo turns, danger lurks in the minds of some people. It's like all these worries about who he's dating, where he spends his off-weekend, negotiating a contract, playing his boyhood idol, a bobbled snap. On and on and on. Yet, all I see is 11-1 and a sixth 300-yard passing performance this season, doubling what any Cowboys quarterback has thrown in a single season. Hmmm, wonder if he is ready?

Mike Screen, Buffalo, N.Y.: I understand the rotation with Julius Jones, but why do you run Julius instead of Marion Barber in that fourth-down situation?

Mickey: You know, it was not so much that the Cowboys ran Jones on that fourth-and-really-2 play, but where they ran him. Jones is much better slashing off tackle or getting to the outside than running the straight dive play. But just know that wasn't fourth-and-1.

Charlie Gibbard, Fort Myers, Fla.: How about a little love for the offensive line? A game ball or something? I haven't heard any of the "experts" mention them. Did you see the time Romo had in a perfect pocket?

Mickey: Yep, sure did. No sacks. As we pointed out in a note after the game, quarterbacks can't pick apart zone coverages the way Romo did that second half without being able to survey the field. Go ask Brett Favre. The "experts" here sure understand the offensive line's value.

[pic - click to view]

Not to hate on another Cowboy fan but, wtf are some of the girls crying for, because we are not running up the score like the patriots? It's now about how many points you put up on the board it all about the "W". When you run the score teams get mad and the opponent plays to hurt instead to win. Ex: C.P. last year with the steelers.

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS
 12-05-2007, 10:03 PM         #959
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Rob Phillips
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
December 5, 2007 6:54 PM

Newman, Cowboys Still Fuming Over Kitna's Remarks

IRVING, Texas - Lions quarterback Jon Kitna doesn't think the inflammatory comments he made about the Cowboys' defense 11 months ago have any bearing on Sunday's rematch at Ford Field.

Maybe he didn't hear Bradie James or Terence Newman respond publicly this week, or wasn't aware his remarks from a Seattle radio station interview this past January hang like a bull's-eye outside the Cowboys locker room.

James, the Cowboys' defensive captain, first took exception to Kitna saying "No. 56, sometimes I don't know that he knew where he was at" in last season's 39-31 loss to Detroit.

Newman also bristled at Kitna's remarks about the Cowboys' starting corner: "He's not [Seattle cornerback] Marcus Trufant. He doesn't have that kind of ability."

Newman retaliated Tuesday on SIRIUS Satellite Radio, five days after recording his fourth interception of the season against Green Bay to pull into a tie for the second-most picks in the NFC.

"Basically what it boils down to is you've got to watch what you say," Newman said on The Afternoon Blitz with hosts Adam Schein and Solomon Wilcots. "Your mouth can't write checks that your (butt) can't cash. That's what it comes down to. Everybody's going to see those quotes. . . . Revenge will be sweet, definitely."

Lions rookie receiver Calvin Johnson replaced Kitna in a scheduled conference call with the Dallas-Fort Worth media on Wednesday. But Kitna told Detroit reporters his comments weren't meant as a "personal thing."

"It's my hometown radio station that I talk to frequently and things like that," Kitna said. "I understand the radio station fodder and all that stuff. We were just trying to have a good time with it and unfortunately it was taken out of tone or the context that it was in.

"Are they going to want to hit me harder? I doubt it. This is the NFL. They are good football players. Obviously they don't need any extra motivation because they are 11-1 and a good football team."

Evidently, the Cowboys players feel differently.

[pic - click to view]

I smell the worst @ss-whooping of the season in the air. Roy Williams won't be playing either? It's a wrap.
 10 years ago '05        #960
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space

One of the Cowboys' big off-season moves could turn into a long commitment.

Owner-general manger Jerry Jones said he would like to lock up free safety Ken Hamlin to a long-term deal.

Cowboys/NFL

Inside Valley Ranch:
Archive | Subscribe

Watkins: Celebs, Cowboys out in force for T.O.'s birthday bash

Video: T.O.'s birthday bash

Video: Witten's day at school | Wade Phillips on the Lions | Lions preview

Cowboys want to sign Hamlin to long-term deal

Cowboys-Packers draws record audience for NFL Network

A look ahead | In focus | Scouting report

Tell Us: Result of Cowboys-Lions?

All-time vs. Detroit

Game-by-game wallpaper

Cowboys Blog | Forum

More Cowboys
Hamlin, who signed a one-year, $1.75 million contract in March, is tied for fourth in the NFL with five interceptions. That's tied for the team lead with cornerback Anthony Henry.

"He has a lot of savvy," Jones said of Hamlin. "He understands what's going on, and the more he understands, it's all going to make Hamlin a better player."

The Cowboys have a good relationship with Hamlin's agent, Kennard McGuire. He helped broker a six-year, $30 million contract with a $10 million signing bonus for center Andre Gurode in the off-season.

The Cowboys haven't opened talks with Hamlin's agent yet.

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc