Dallas Cowboys

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
20 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #881
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 texasplayboy_23 said:
That's my point. We haven't been good defending the pass all year, not just the last 3 division games. Rivalry or no rivalry we made Jason Campbell look like a pro bowl QB. How do you think we'll do against Favre who's a hall of famer and currently leads the league in passing?
We've done ok in pass until today. We had the opening game against the Giants and then the Pats but I kind of scratch that because they have been doing that to everybody. In today's NFL, you aren't gonna be able to shut someone's pass D down. With the rules and stuff it is difficult. Jason Campbell is not a bad QB, he can make plays. Every game changes from one to the next. Everyone is thinking OMG if Jason Campbell does this to us what is Favre gonna do. Well Favre might throw 4 interceptions against us and be completely off of his game. We can't judge off of this game and say it will be like that for the rest of the season.
 11-18-2007, 09:53 PM         #882
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nah homie, you're missing several other games....yeah, Eli put up 35 in game 1, Trent Green had 287 and 2 TD's, Grossman's sorry @ss had close to 200, Trent Edwards is a rookie and he was 23/31 176 and only 1 int (and we were seconds from losing that game), Brady 388 yds 5 TD's, McNabb 264 and a TD, Eli over 200 yds with Shockey 12 receptions for 129 yds and a TD last week, then Jason Campbell 33/54 348 yds with 2 TD's, Chris Cooley 8 receptions 89 yds and a TD and Santana Moss had 9 receptions 121 yds and a TD.

As of right now we're 21st in points allowed and 16th against the pass. We've only done well against teams who were already trash in the passing game.
 10 years ago '05        #883
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Nah homie, you're missing several other games....yeah, Eli put up 35 in game 1, Trent Green had 287 and 2 TD's, Grossman's sorry @ss had close to 200, Trent Edwards is a rookie and he was 23/31 176 and only 1 int (and we were seconds from losing that game), Brady 388 yds 5 TD's, McNabb 264 and a TD, Eli over 200 yds with Shockey 12 receptions for 129 yds and a TD last week, then Jason Campbell 33/54 348 yds with 2 TD's, Chris Cooley 8 receptions 89 yds and a TD and Santana Moss had 9 receptions 121 yds and a TD.

As of right now we're 21st in points allowed and 16th against the pass. We've only done well against teams who were already trash in the passing game.
Like I said with rules of today it is to the advantage of the offensive pass game. We are winning games despite this and that is all that matters right now.
 10 years ago '05        #884
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
I agree with bootsy with this....
Washinton knows our style of play and if it wass't for Gurode it the score would of been worse. The D as a whole played poorly Santana's a55 pt a 129.With Roy I think is main problem is his sight..... He can't locate the ball when it's in the air. That's my take of it.
 11-19-2007, 10:53 PM         #885
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I won't say the D as a whole played poorly. The only spot the defense as a whole lacked was getting pressure on Campbell. Other than that, the front 7 did it's part as always because Portis got shut down, and Newman/Henry/Hamlin played good ball as usual...didn't get beat on the big plays.

I've always defended Roy's coverage skills against anyone who criticizes it, but I won't do that sh*t anymore...dude's a liability, and if you can't see that he's the only weakness on this team you have to watch the games more closely.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 11-19-2007 at 11:08 PM..
 11-19-2007, 11:07 PM         #886
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bootsy said:
Like I said with rules of today it is to the advantage of the offensive pass game. We are winning games despite this and that is all that matters right now.
If that's the case, then why are the Steelers able to allow a league best 157 passing yards a game? That's crazy good. And I think we have the talent to do it but it just isn't getting done.

Like you said, winning matters most, but the scores have looked alot closer than what they should because of the inability to consistently get offenses off of the field. That's cutting it a little to damn close IMO. Look at another team, New England. They not only beat the crap out of people, they shut down offenses as well...and Dallas is capable of doing that sh*t too.

I think what's helping the secondary is the offense. They can pretty much score at will, so teams are forced to become one dimensional, abandoning the run, playing catch up...that's when the mistakes come and that's when the secondary picks off the QB.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 11-19-2007 at 11:12 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #887
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
I won't say the D as a whole played poorly. The only spot the defense as a whole lacked was getting pressure on Campbell. Other than that, the front 7 did it's part as always because Portis got shut down, and Newman/Henry/Hamlin played good ball as usual...didn't get beat on the big plays.

I've always defended Roy's coverage skills against anyone who criticizes it, but I won't do that sh*t anymore...dude's a liability, and if you can't see that he's the only weakness on this team you have to watch the games more closely.

Well of course the occasional Reeves frying lol but, he played well shockingly. Santa, cooley and Gorode was tearing us up.
 10 years ago '05        #888
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,166 | Props total: 959 959
2 First Round Pics,

DB-Definate..Henry and Newman are both 30 years or older, and we need to secure one for backups, So they can learn under them and also, I don't want to deal with the injury bug again if that happens what happen this year again, I want capable backups to be just as good as starters..As of right now we don't have them.

WR-Reason TO and Glenn, are aging and will not be around for forever at 2 more years...Might as well draft them now and learn under TO and Glenn, I know we have Crayton and Hurd...but I don't think they are capable of being a number 1 threat as of yet..

Second Round-SS, you already know why..

Last edited by DymeKatcha; 11-20-2007 at 04:45 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #889
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 DymeKatcha said:
2 First Round Pics,

DB-Definate..Henry and Newman are both 30 years or older, and we need to secure one for backups, So they can learn under them and also, I don't want to deal with the injury bug again if that happens what happen this year again, I want capable backups to be just as good as starters..As of right now we don't have them.

WR-Reason TO and Glenn, are aging and will not be around for forever at 2 more years...Might as well draft them now and learn under TO and Glenn, I know we have Crayton and Hurd...but I don't think they are capable of being a number 1 threat of yet..

Second Round-SS, you already know why..
LOL.... Why?????
 11-20-2007, 09:43 PM         #890
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Because Roy is @ss!
 10 years ago '07        #891
Prospect Boy 
space
space
$1,723 | Props total: 120 120
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Roy doesn't deserve to go this year, fu*k that...he's pissing me off week in/week out. Cooley just about k!lled us, just like Shockey did last week.

....we won't beat Green Bay if Jason Campbell even puts close to 350 yds on us.

:wtf:
^I agree. Me and my uncle were talking about Roy Williams yesterday. My uncle was saying that if he were coach, Roy wouldn't be playing for him. He doesn't deserve to make the Pro Bowl this season. These quarterbacks be gunning straight for him everytime, and he manages to get beat. I hope the secondary can get better.
 11-21-2007, 11:04 PM         #892
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I HOPE it gets better too. I mean Roy has had the great Bill Parcells, Wade Phillips (defensive guru) and Brian Stewart (who helped the Chargers secondary improve, allowing more aggresiveness from the front-7) to learn from, but he just ain't getting it!:banghead:

This is just an e-mail message from the Cowboys website....just an example of what more and more fans are thinking regarding Roy...

(Fan) Daryl Porter, Medicine Hat, Alberta: Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this exceptional year of wins. It's great fun. But the "second season" is what counts, right? Unless we get two things corrected, I fear we will not finish the season with a win. Those two things are obvious, pass defense and special teams play. Is it too late to replace Roy Williams? He has great football talent but it does not include pass coverage. Ugh. We are getting k!lled because of this glaring shortcoming. And by the way, I am really fearful that Brett Favre is going to expose this weakness big time next Thursday. What do you think? Here's hoping we can get these weaknesses corrected before the real season begins.

(Columnist) Mickey Spagnola: Well, after 10 games, you sort of are what you are, right? Now I don't foresee a benching of Williams, but there could be a chance he is used less and less in sub-packages. Also, remember most teams don't have as versatile tight ends as the Giants and Redskins have. That contributes to the problem. But no argument here. Williams' recognition does need to improve and Favre, if given the time, could light up the Cowboys throwing the ball. Pressure will be the key to the Cowboys' pass defense down the stretch. As for special teams, the coverage units must improve, too, because sooner or later those extra points yielded because of giving up great field position will come back to haunt you.

...sh*t is painfully obvious.
 11-21-2007, 11:06 PM         #893
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Roy is a.ss

:wow::wow::wow:
:wow::wow:
:wow::wow::wow:
 11-21-2007, 11:13 PM         #894
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hey, according to "outsiders" he's the best safety in the league as far as I'm concerned.....[EVIL]and if you tell anyone I said that he's @ss, I'll k!ll you.[/EVIL]
 10 years ago '06        #895
jj01 
space
space
$44,990 | Props total: 4711 4711
favre is goin to make roy look real stupid damn
 11-21-2007, 11:20 PM         #896
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm nervous already....:sick:

Favre is too much of a veteran to not exploit his @ss.
 11-21-2007, 11:34 PM         #897
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I got faith in the team as a whole...just not Roy.

Everytime a QB drops back and launches the ball >30 yards, 9 times out of 10 Roy is back there getting over to the receiver late, then chasing him down the field from behind into the endzone.....Jacques Reeves isn't far behind.

11-21-2007, 11:44 PM         #898
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:

Everytime a QB drops back and launches the ball >30 yards, 9 times out of 10 Roy is back there getting over to the receiver late, then chasing him down the field from behind into the endzone.....J
 10 years ago '07        #899
jasonsam21 
space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
 texasplayboy_23 said:
I got faith in the team as a whole...just not Roy.

Everytime a QB drops back and launches the ball >30 yards, 9 times out of 10 Roy is back there getting over to the receiver late, then chasing him down the field from behind into the endzone.....Jacques Reeves isn't far behind.

Yea, but the line gets so much pressure on the qb that Roy doesn't get exploited as much this season. Hopefully this works against GB.
 11-22-2007, 03:28 PM         #900
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You must not have seen the game on Sunday....Campbell was only sacked twice and he had all the time in the world to throw from the pocket.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
36 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
86 comments
21 hours ago