most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
50 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-18-2007, 11:17 PM         #781
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rob Phillips
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
October 18, 2007 6:45 PM

"Quarter Tank"

Johnson Cleared To Practice During Rest Of Suspension

IRVING, Texas - The remainder of Tank Johnson's eight-game NFL suspension stands, but the Cowboys' new defensive tackle has been cleared to practice starting Friday.

Johnson, suspended eight games for violating the league's personal conduct policy, currently won't be eligible to play until the Cowboys' Nov. 11 game at the New York Giants. But NFL commissioner Roger Goodell compromised by allowing Johnson to practice and attend team meetings without counting against the team's 53-man roster - activities he has been barred from since signing a two-year contract with the Cowboys one month ago.

Johnson now has one day this week and another full three weeks to get acclimated to the defense before he's cleared to play. The Cowboys hold slim hope that Goodell could reduce his suspension following Week 8 of the regular season, making him eligible one game earlier (Nov. 4 at Philadelphia).

Goodell had the option to reinstate Johnson in time for Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings (3:15 p.m. CDT), but Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips said he didn't think Johnson would have been ready to play. The 25-year-old tackle hasn't practiced or played in a game since February's Super Bowl week as a member of the Chicago Bears.

Had Goodell not issued this roster exemption and cleared Johnson to play, chances are he would have needed at least a week to two weeks of practice once his suspension expired to get game ready. Now the Cowboys will not have to apply for a roster exemption after the eight-game suspension is served.

Johnson has been working out individually at Valley Ranch and attending prescribed counseling sessions.

Goodell suspended Johnson in June after serving 60 days in jail for violation of his probation on gun charges. The violation occurred last December when police found six unregistered firearms in Johnson's suburban Chicago home.

Chicago subsequently released Johnson later in the month after police arrested him in Arizona on suspicion of driving impaired. Although he wasn't charged, the Bears viewed it as the last straw in a list of off-field incidents.

Phillips said his interaction with Johnson has been positive.

"Real gregarious kind of guy," Phillips said Thursday after learning Johnson had been cleared to practice here on Friday. "He's ready to play, wants to play, seems excited about it. And he's a pretty personable guy. All positives as far as I'm concerned, and he's working hard. He listens."

The Cowboys signed Johnson to provide depth at nose tackle without veteran Jason Ferguson, who was placed on injured reserve with a torn biceps injury he suffered in the season opener. Jay Ratliff and Remi Ayodele have split time in Ferguson's place.

Johnson has never played in a 3-4 scheme, but Phillips said he used a similar technique in Chicago's 4-3 defense, essentially playing the nose tackle spot.

"He's played all of the techniques," Phillips said. "We just have to make sure he knows which ones and what we want to do with him, what kind of techniques we want to play with him because they're going to be different than what Ratliff plays for sure.

"The terminology is all different with each team. But whip the guy in front of you and go get the ball."

Once Johnson's suspension is lifted, Phillips said he could ease into the defensive rotation much like linebacker Greg Ellis has upon his return from last year's season-ending Achilles' tendon injury and surgery.

"Depends on what kind of football shape he's in, I guess - where he is physically first," Phillips said of how much Johnson will initially play.

Well at least he gets to practice now so that he's ready as soon as the suspension's lifted.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 10-18-2007 at 11:19 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #782
oneosi 
space
space
$1,079 | Props total: 0 0
^No doubt thats good news. I came into the thread lookin to hear something about the situation and your delivered. I gotta spread some rep around before giving it to my fellow 'Boys fans.
 10 years ago '05        #783
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
Good Read...
 10-19-2007, 08:12 PM         #784
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We already got haters out there saying they're not worried about Tank in the 3-4, like he won't make an impact. Wade Phillips knows exactly what the fu*k he's doing and he wouldn't have agreed to bring him in if he didn't think he could be productive in his defense.

...I swear, the hating on the Cowboys is at an all-time high this year now that they're contenders again.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 10-19-2007 at 08:14 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #785
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
TO gonna have a breakout game this afternoon, i can feel it

10 rec 172 yrds 2 TD
 10 years ago '05        #786
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
one more win under the belt
 10 years ago '06        #787
jj01 
space
space
$44,956 | Props total: 4678 4678
good game, after the bye hopefully our boys will come out healthy. romo needs to nurse whatever he tweaked, henry hopefully will be back and we will be closer to getting glen and tank in the lineup.

our schedule is tough coming up, if we could go 3-1 in the next 4 games that would be a great look and probably give us the division.
 10-21-2007, 09:42 PM         #788
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Cowboys should have lost
 10-21-2007, 10:37 PM         #789
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:
The Cowboys should have lost
You obviously knew nothing about this game before you commented...Peterson and Taylor were a non-factor and the Vikes had a total of 196 yards on offense. If it weren't for the 2 Dallas fumbles it would've been 35-7.

Eli was 18 of 31 with a measly 146 yards, 2 TD's and a pick, so don't let your heads get too big. The 9ers had 4 turnovers...I would've hoped you guys won that game.:rolleyes:
 10 years ago '05        #790
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
You know what bothering me right now is that Tony's is getting a little fumbleitis now. The pass game is starting to decrease a little, We're not going for the deep ball really. Other then that we're still looking pretty solid even Ju Ju putting in work.
 10 years ago '05        #791
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 texasplayboy_23 said:
You obviously knew nothing about this game before you commented...Peterson and Taylor were a non-factor and the Vikes had a total of 196 yards on offense. If it weren't for the 2 Dallas fumbles it would've been 35-7.

Eli was 18 of 31 with a measly 146 yards, 2 TD's and a pick, so don't let your heads get too big. The 9ers had 4 turnovers...I would've hoped you guys won that game.:rolleyes:
I am already sick of people jumping on the bandwagon of the Giants again. They have played absolutely no one the past 3-4 weeks but when Dallas had their run all you heard about was we haven't been tested. No so with the Giants. The Giants got a bunch gifts yesterday. Dilfer turned the ball over deep in his own territory and fumbled a TD to Osi. The Cowboys will not give you the game like SF did. The Giants will need to drive down the field and score and build drives. I don't see them doing it against us.
 10 years ago '05        #792
oneosi 
space
space
$1,079 | Props total: 0 0
Every time he gets hit in the pocket he fumbles....lets hope he don't get hit that often.
 10-23-2007, 07:48 PM         #793
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bootsy said:
I am already sick of people jumping on the bandwagon of the Giants again. They have played absolutely no one the past 3-4 weeks but when Dallas had their run all you heard about was we haven't been tested. No so with the Giants. The Giants got a bunch gifts yesterday. Dilfer turned the ball over deep in his own territory and fumbled a TD to Osi. The Cowboys will not give you the game like SF did. The Giants will need to drive down the field and score and build drives. I don't see them doing it against us.
Everyone's on Osi's nuts after that 6-sack game too, despite going against a rookie who clearly got thrown to the wolves and wasn't ready for his 1st NFL start....dude's good, but now he's being looked at as the greatest threat in the NFC because of that one game.
 10-23-2007, 10:56 PM         #794
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Everyone's on Osi's nuts

6-2 bi*ch

no way we lose to Miami :D
 10-23-2007, 11:10 PM         #795
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:

6-2 bi*ch

no way we lose to Miami :D

We're still looking down at you from the top of the division...how's the weather down there sport?:)

2 losses<<<1

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 10-23-2007 at 11:11 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #796
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
Now that the bye week is here what do guys think we should improve on?
 10 years ago '07        #797
*-InfiniMatic-* 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,031 | Props total: 3314 3314
Improve on Tony Romo's run game, his manuever in the pocket

Last edited by *-InfiniMatic-*; 10-25-2007 at 01:14 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #798
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
12:36 AM CDT on Thursday, October 25, 2007
By ALBERT BREER / The Dallas Morning News

IRVING – Anthony Henry returned to practice Wednesday, another positive step as the Cowboys cornerback builds toward a return from a high ankle sprain.

Cowboys/NFL

Inside Valley Ranch:
Archive | Subscribe

Cowboys captains take role seriously

Video: Cowboys' Witten talks about being a captain

Gosselin: Captaincy is badge of honor

Cowboys coach Stewart happy to be in Dallas

Henry makes limited return to practice

Cowboys willing to host Chargers-Texans

Video: Cowboys

Cowboys Blog | Forum

More Cowboys
It's been 25 days since the injury, putting Henry right in the predicted recovery window of 2-4 weeks.

After stretching with teammates and taking part in defensive back drills, Henry did individual work with a.ssociate athletic trainer Britt Brown and a.ssistant strength and conditioning coach Tony Ollison on the side of the practice field.

Coach Wade Phillips, who did not address Henry's status Wednesday, was non-committal Monday, simply saying the corner is "recovering." Because of injuries, the Cowboys have not been able to start Henry and Terence Newman as a pair all year.
 10 years ago '05        #799
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
A 1996 Hall-of-Fame inductee, Mel Renfro started out as a safety and finished as a cornerback with the Dallas Cowboys.

Current Cowboys safety Roy Williams has been an all-pro safety, but struggles as a cover man. Williams gets beat deep, and beat often.

Renfro's advice for Williams:

"I've watched him very closely. He has a problem with his footwork. He has a problem with finding the ball in the air, especially on the deep pass.

"I think someone just needs to work with him on that on an individual basis. Get him out there and run with him sideline to sideline; have a quarterback throw the ball; have receivers run down the field. His lack of ability to find the football has hurt him and as a result has hurt the Cowboys.

"You might want to have him add a few pounds and play a linebacker position, but I don't know if that's the answer. Working on his quickness and footwork and his ability to find the ball in the air would make a difference.”

Your ThoughtsMore Stories By

The Flaming Lips alley dedicated in Oklahoma City
Court: Russia Violated Oilman's Rights
Mother on Trial in Daughter's Piercing
'Preppie k!ller' Denies Drug Charges
Czech Citizen Detained in Chechnya
School Bus Overturns in Virginia
Putin Warns Against New Iran Sanctions
Did you go to the Flaming Lips Alley dedication? Share your thoughts.
Israeli Approves Gaza Power Cuts
Daniel Pearl's Widow Drops Lawsuit
 10-25-2007, 02:45 PM         #800
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good stuff. I'm glad Henry's practicing again and the bye week is at a great time to get him healthy before the next game.

Most needed improvements? Definitely the secondary. Stewart was the secondary coach in San Diego, so I'm surprised they're still getting torched in deep coverages.

*-InfiniMatic-* said:
Improve on Tony Romo's run game, his manuever in the pocket
That's actually one of his strengths.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy