Dallas Cowboys

most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
153 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
182 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #561
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 JHawk972 said:
i say best squad since irvin emitt and troy.

anyone agree?
Not yet. This team on paper has the best talent since those teams but they have to prove it this season. Those 90s Cowboys were so good even when they weren't on they would still kick the other teams a.ss. I will say this I am more excited with anticipation this season than any season I have had since the mid 90's.
 08-23-2007, 11:26 PM         #562
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gay...
 10 years ago '05        #563
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 Black_Deuce said:
gay...
Why you talkin about your pops like that?
 08-26-2007, 03:07 AM         #564
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 08-26-2007, 11:55 PM         #565
lcwilliams2k7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dont really matter what D we are running the Cowboys are going to win the Super Bowl this year
 08-28-2007, 12:22 AM         #566
yayo1324  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

:D
 10 years ago '05        #567
oneosi 
space
space
$1,079 | Props total: 0 0
Ya Mami!
 10 years ago '04        #568
eihwhuesoo 
space
space
space
$496 | Props total: 12 12
sh*t happens
 10 years ago '07        #569
gorilla_proof 
space
space
$300 | Props total: 0 0
its going to be an exciting nfl season no doubt' dem boyz look fairly good im hoping for a colt vs cowboy superbowl'

dayum will the season start awwwwwready
 09-02-2007, 11:23 PM         #570
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gorilla_proof said:
its going to be an exciting nfl season no doubt' dem boyz look fairly good im hoping for a colt vs cowboy superbowl'

dayum will the season start awwwwwready
:wow:...probably the only time I'll agree with this dude.
 10 years ago '04        #571
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
all i gotta say is.....

week 2
 09-02-2007, 11:39 PM         #572
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
all i gotta say is.....

week 2
I'll go ahead and count that 1 as a "W" :D
 10 years ago '04        #573
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
I'll go ahead and count that 1 as a "W" :D
If our offensive line steps up then I'll give Miami the win...if Trent Green gets enough time to throw, and combined with our defense we will win.

If our offensive line sucks as always, then our defense will keep the game close, but Cowboys will win.

I only speak the truth.
 09-03-2007, 12:12 AM         #574
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
If our offensive line steps up then I'll give Miami the win...if Trent Green gets enough time to throw, and combined with our defense we will win.

If our offensive line sucks as always, then our defense will keep the game close, but Cowboys will win.

I only speak the truth.
I'm j/k. After getting our @sses whooped by the Lions and barely sliding into the playoffs...I'll never count a game as a "W"

To be perfectly honest, I think our defense will be the face of the 'Boys this year. If they can maintain good coverage in the secondary, keep up the relentless Wade Phillips 3-4 attack and stay healthy, they'll be just fine. I have a feeling the D will bail the team out of some close calls if the offense stalls a bit. I saw the Vikings game and went to the Texans game and I wasn't impressed with the offense, at all!
 09-05-2007, 11:15 PM         #575
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
September 5, 2007 6:47 PM

"Fingers Crossed"
Cowboys Optimistic On Newman; Unsure About Ellis

IRVING, Texas - They enter the regular season with their veteran pass-rusher questionable for the game after missing all of the preseason.

They have another veteran cornerback who might not play because of an injury, but his chances of playing seem to be increasing.

Heading into Sunday's season opener, that team description could fit both the Cowboys and the Giants.

But while New York is still uncertain whether defensive end Michael Strahan or cornerback Sam Madison will play, there also aren't definitive answers in Dallas about the Cowboys' two defensive standouts.

Cornerback Terence Newman and linebacker Greg Ellis both missed practice again Wednesday, as did linebacker Kevin Burnett.

Newman, who missed the last three preseason games because of a partial tear in his plantar fascia, worked with a strength coach on a side field, alongside Ellis and Burnett. Veteran receiver Terry Glenn, who missed all of preseason following an Aug. 1 knee scope, had full participation in practice.

Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips did not go into detail Wednesday on Newman's chances of playing this week, but team owner Jerry Jones sounded rather confident.

"I really liked his response today," Jones said Wednesday of Newman. "We'll see how he feels in the morning. Those things are sore in the morning. I know he's going to do everything he can to play. We're hoping we can get him out in the actual team (practice on Thursday).

"He was pushing off and then would push off and then come back a little while later and push off again. He did some things today that when he pushed off a little yesterday were a little more sensitive yesterday than today. So it was an improvement from yesterday."

Jones also said he expected Burnett, who underwent surgery last week to remove bone chips from his ankle, to practice with the team on Thursday. But it's a different story for Ellis (sore heel), who hasn't practiced since July 25, the first day of training camp, still rehabbing from the Achilles injury he suffered last November.

Jones would only say Ellis is "working on it," in terms of trying to make a return.

At this point, the Cowboys have to doubt if Ellis can be ready to play against the Giants, despite Phillips saying he doesn't have a policy on players needing to practice to be able to play in games. However, that might apply more to Newman or Burnett than Ellis, considering he has practiced just once the entire off-season, including training camp, OTA practices and two mini-camps.

But if indeed the veteran pass-rusher doesn't play against the Giants, the Cowboys at least have a first-round draft pick to turn to. Anthony Spencer, the 26th overall pick from Purdue, started all four preseason games at outside linebacker.

Phillips has given Spencer plenty of praise during training camp and the preseason and has maintained the rookie would start if Ellis can't go, instead of using Bobby Carpenter, who got some work at outside linebacker in preseason.

Phillips said there's not much the defense can do to overcompensate for Spencer's inexperience.

"I don't know about giving him help - that's why you play with 11 (players)," Phillips said. "He's going to have some help. There's certain things that we can do, where maybe he doesn't have to cover in certain situations and utilize him rushing more. But he's still got to play the game at that position technique- and a.ssignment-wise the way we want it done. He's working at that. I think he'll be all right there. I think he'll be fine."

At least the Cowboys have a first-round pick to throw out there in case Ellis doesn't play. While the thought of using Carpenter on the outside is an idea, the Cowboys can't simply move him completely from inside linebacker, especially if Burnett is banged up, too.

Look for Carpenter to be a primary backup at both inside and outside positions, regardless of who plays Sunday night.

Burnett had been working as the inside linebacker on the dime defense alongside Roy Williams. If he doesn't play, Bradie James will take his spot.

Burnett, who has been injury-prone in his first two seasons, said this latest setback has been more frustrating, considering how well he had performed in the preseason.

"Any injury is tough because it kind of messes with your mind," said Burnett, who has now undergone five surgeries since joining the Cowboys in 2005. "How many more injuries can I withstand? It's kind of disheartening a little bit. But no injury is a good one, but if you're going to pick a surgery to have, it would be this one."

And Burnett can say that knowing he has a good chance to play this week, if not by the second game when the Cowboys travel to Miami. The second-year linebacker now has all of the staples removed from his ankle following his arthroscopic surgery.

While the Cowboys are used to playing without Ellis and can use other proven players if Burnett doesn't play, that's not the case with Newman, which is one reason why his injury seems to be the most concerning.

Newman has established himself as one of the team's defensive leaders, if not one of the NFL's best cornerbacks.

He's also been a staple of durability since arriving on the scene in 2003. Newman has not missed a game in four years, starting all 64 games in his career. The Cowboys are worried less about Newman's streak and probably more about his backup.

Fourth-year pro Jacques Reeves will start if Newman doesn't play and will have a big role in the dime package either way. In that defense, Reeves will likely stay at left cornerback, and either Newman or backup Nate Jones will play in the slot.

Jones, who like Reeves was a seventh-round pick in 2004, was considered a long shot to make this 53-man roster this year. He played sparingly in the last two preseason games, but his experience on defense, along with being one of the team's special teams players, certainly helped his cause.

"I'm just excited about the opportunity," Jones said. "Whatever happens, I'll be ready. If (Newman) can't go, then we've got step up. But it doesn't matter, really. In my position, you've got to get yourself ready for anything to happen."

The Cowboys are ready for all contingency plans. They just wouldn't mind if they go unused this week.
 09-05-2007, 11:22 PM         #576
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yayo1324 said:

:D

OH NO HE DIDNTTTT!!!

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 09-06-2007 at 12:14 AM..
 09-06-2007, 12:00 AM         #577
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Late.:rolleyes:
 09-06-2007, 12:14 AM         #578
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread is romos3xual
 10 years ago '05        #579
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
Man I am kinda worried about our O they're looking suspect. What the hell is a quarterback coach taking performance enhancement drugs for
 10 years ago '04        #580
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:
this thread is romos3xual
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
25 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy