Dallas Cowboys

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
28 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-03-2007, 01:02 PM         #501
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 10 years ago '04        #502
kc10785 
space
space
$4,270 | Props total: 170 170
 texasplayboy_23 said:
I didn't say he wasn't hungry either, I said if he isn't hungry he will lose his starting job like anybody else. I was commenting on you talking about it being a slow process when it comes to naming a starter and how you said there would be controversy if Barber were to start. My point was if Barber blows the staff away at mini camp and wins the job, there should be no controversy and it shouldn't be a slow process with making that change in order to avoid controversy.

I'm not sure what games you have been watching, but the majority of the fans (including me) who actually watch the games know that Marion Barber is a better back. Hell, I've watched several games where even the commentators were questioning why Barber isn't getting more and more carries. He holds on to rock, has great vision, runs angry, lowers his shoulder and runs through defenders rather than try to avoid contact, hardly ever goes down after that initial contact and keeps his legs moving when getting wrapped up to gain + yards in short yardage situations. The only thing Jones has on him is speed. Julius claims he wasn't able to make plays the way he wanted to because Parcells "coached" him too much, yet Barber got in the in-zone 14 times with no problem.

Jones is going into his 4th year and has only had a couple 100-yd games. I even remember the time when it was 1st and goal on the 1 yard line against the Lions in '05 and he got stuffed 3 consecutive times. That's how much I pay attention to the games. If he doesn't make it obvious he should be starter in training camp, then Phillips needs to start Barber.

(damn I typed too much)

yeah u type to much lol but u know what i don't care what they do we kinda of saying the same thing.I don't argue with my fellow dallas fans.Whateva we do we better win
 07-03-2007, 11:33 PM         #503
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kc10785 said:
yeah u type to much lol but u know what i don't care what they do we kinda of saying the same thing.I don't argue with my fellow dallas fans.Whateva we do we better win
I'm excited about the defense...not really thinkin much about the offense right now.
 07-04-2007, 12:17 AM         #504
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whats up to my favorite nemisis-rival to spar with
 07-04-2007, 02:22 AM         #505
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:
whats up to my favorite nemisis-rival to spar with
...chillin...waitin for training camp to start.:D
 10 years ago '05        #506
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
Dallas To Release Guard Rivera................

Cowboys release offensive guard Rivera Click here to find out more!
NFL.com wire reports

IRVING, Texas (June 7, 2007) -- Three-time Pro Bowl guard Marco Rivera was released after two seasons -- and two back operations -- with the Dallas Cowboys.

Rivera injured his back while running on a treadmill in March 2005, only a week after signing his $20 million, five-year free agent deal. He had surgery to repair a bulging disc in his lower back, but still started the first 14 games in 2005 before being sidelined by a strained neck.

Last season, Rivera started all 16 regular season games before hurting his back again in the wild card playoff loss at Seattle, which required surgery to repair a herniated disc.

When Rivera signed with the Cowboys, he was coming off three Pro Bowl seasons while blocking for Brett Favre in Green Bay. Rivera played in 106 consecutive games for the Packers, including seven in the playoffs, from 1998-2004.

Rivera was a sixth-round draft pick out of Penn State in 1996 but was inactive for every game that season when Green Bay won the Super Bowl. He spent the next season primarily on special teams before becoming a starter late in the 1998 season.

After getting hurt in 2005, Rivera offered to tear up his Cowboys contract and return his $9 million signing bonus.

The Cowboys were prepared for Rivera's departure, having signed another big-money free agent this spring.

Leonard Davis agreed to a seven-year contract worth nearly $50 million that included a $16 million signing bonus. The 6-foot-6, 372-pound Davis spent his first six seasons in Arizona after being the No. 2 overall pick out of Texas in 2001.

Without Rivera, Davis will almost certainly play right guard instead of tackle for the Cowboys. Dallas had already re-signed right tackle Marc Colombo and has Pro Bowler Flozell Adams at left tackle.

Last edited by Jaiden05; 07-07-2007 at 11:54 AM..
 07-09-2007, 08:53 PM         #507
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
July 9, 2007 5:34 PM

"Same Issue"
Position Series: Secondary Again Hinges On Free Safety

IRVING, Texas - After posting one of the top five defenses in the NFL for most of last season, the wheels came off for the Cowboys in the final five games.

The Cowboys not only were giving up points (30.4 per game in that stretch), but yards as well. Five of their six highest opponent yard totals last season occurred in the final five games. And most of the blame went to the Cowboys' secondary, which had trouble defending the big plays down the stretch.

But instead of making a huge overhaul, the Cowboys are hoping a few changes in the defensive philosophy led by new head coach Wade Phillips and defensive coordinator Brian Stewart will do the trick.

The personnel hasn't changed much with Anthony Henry and Terence Newman still manning the corners and Aaron Glenn providing veteran depth as the nickel corner. Roy Williams is back at strong safety, though the new scheme might have him playing closer to the line of scrimmage at times.

The only big change could be at free safety, where it appears free-agent acquisition Ken Hamlin is primed to win the job.

Best Position Battle:

Considering Ken Hamlin is new to the team and only has a one-year contract, it's unlikely the Cowboys will come right out and announce him as the starting free safety. But he did jump right into the first-team defense during the summer mini-camps and OTA sessions.

The Cowboys have been looking for a free safety to play alongside Roy Williams ever since Darren Woodson retired in 2004. Hamlin appears best fit to win the job, but he'll likely get some early-camp competition from Pat Watkins and Keith Davis, who combined for the majority of the starts at free safety last season.

But neither player can match Hamlin's experience, and barring injury, it should be Hamlin's job by the end of camp - if it's not his already.

Rookie To Watch: Alan Ball

The Cowboys drafted two cornerbacks in the seventh round, just like in 2004 when they added Nate Jones and Jacques Reeves. Who knew both would stick around for three seasons and be reporting for their fourth camp?

But those two vets will get a strong push to claim the final cornerback spot from rookies Courtney Brown and Alan Ball, who was rather impressive over the summer.

Ball, a second-team All-Big 10 pick last season at Illinois, matches up well against NFL receivers with his 6-1, 182-pound frame. Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart said, "I really, really like Ball as a young guy. He's showed us some good things already."

Don't Forget About Me:

Keith Davis might not be pushing for a starting job like he has been the last two seasons, but he plans on having a significant role on defense and special teams. The fifth-year safety has seemed to embrace the arrival of Hamlin and said football has been more fun than in the last few years.

Davis has moved from free safety to strong safety, his college position, and will back up Roy Williams. Whether Davis has a large role on defense in nickel and dime packages remains to be seen, but it's likely he'll again be a force on special teams, where he has recorded a team-high 51 tackles over the last three seasons.

Pick 3:

Terence Newman might have a case as one of the NFL's top cover cornerbacks, even though his stats might be a little misleading. Newman recorded just one interception last season after picking off at least three passes in each of his first three seasons. Now opposing teams weren't exactly lighting up his side of the field, however. Newman recorded just 12 pass deflections, compared to 23 by right cornerback Anthony Henry and 17 by safety Roy Williams.

Cowboys safety Roy Williams is known for his big-play ability, but the Pro Bowler wasn't much of a force in opponents' backfields last year. Williams had just two tackles for loss in 16 games and was held without a sack. He did lead the team with five interceptions, but it's clear he needs to become a bigger factor at the line of scrimmage.

Cowboys safety Abram Elam basically flew under the radar in his first NFL season last year. Playing mostly on special teams, he led the Cowboys with 11 solo tackles in the kicking game and finished fourth overall with 15 stops. With a deep secondary corps that includes Hamlin, Williams, Davis and Watkins, Elam must continue his strong play on special teams to retain a roster spot in 2007.

Don't Be Surprised If:

Ken Hamlin turns out to be the Cowboys' most consistent safety this season. Sure, Williams might return to the Pro Bowl for a fifth consecutive year, and this new defense might even be a better fit for him at strong safety. But Hamlin just might be exactly what the Cowboys have been looking for as a centerfield safety. The Cowboys will likely use second-year pro Pat Watkins in different packages to get him more involved. Don't be surprised to see Watkins and Hamlin back deep in passing situations, with Williams closer to the line of scrimmage in a nickel or dime linebacker role. Remember, Hamlin is also a big-time hitter and could play some strong safety in selective packages.

Fitting In
Projected Starters:

Roy Williams (SS) - New scheme might play more to his strengths.
Ken Hamlin (FS) - Have the Cowboys finally answered FS concerns?
Anthony Henry (CB) - Nagging knee injuries affected him in 2006.
Terence Newman (CB) - More of a tackler (68) than ball thief. That needs to change.

Solid Backups:

Aaron Glenn (CB) - Not slowing down; 13-year vet still provides valuable experience.
Keith Davis (S) - Might not be the answer at safety, but still needed on special teams.
Jacques Reeves (CB) - Needs to be more than special teams contributor.
Nate Jones (CB) - Like Reeves, has to showcase his experience to hold off rookies.
Pat Watkins (S) - Could battle Hamlin for starting job. Nickel defense seems likely.
Abram Elam (S) - Good special teams performer, but will need to show more than that.

Uphill Climb:

Joey Thomas (CB) - Watch out for this guy. Veteran cornerback has some ability.
Quincy Butler (CB) - Cowboys like his athleticism. Needs to show it off at camp.
Damarius Bilbo (S) - Moved from WR to safety last year. One of team's top athletes.
Alan Ball (CB) - Looked good in mini-camps. Can match up against bigger receivers.
Courtney Brown (CB) - Great athleticism but hasn't faced top competition in college.
Jasper Johnson (S) - Rookie safety from Central Arkansas needs to make plays early.

(Up Next: Offensive Line)
 10 years ago '05        #508
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
July 9, 2007 5:34 PM

"Same Issue"
Position Series: Secondary Again Hinges On Free Safety

IRVING, Texas - After posting one of the top five defenses in the NFL for most of last season, the wheels came off for the Cowboys in the final five games.

The Cowboys not only were giving up points (30.4 per game in that stretch), but yards as well. Five of their six highest opponent yard totals last season occurred in the final five games. And most of the blame went to the Cowboys' secondary, which had trouble defending the big plays down the stretch.

But instead of making a huge overhaul, the Cowboys are hoping a few changes in the defensive philosophy led by new head coach Wade Phillips and defensive coordinator Brian Stewart will do the trick.

The personnel hasn't changed much with Anthony Henry and Terence Newman still manning the corners and Aaron Glenn providing veteran depth as the nickel corner. Roy Williams is back at strong safety, though the new scheme might have him playing closer to the line of scrimmage at times.

The only big change could be at free safety, where it appears free-agent acquisition Ken Hamlin is primed to win the job.

Best Position Battle:

Considering Ken Hamlin is new to the team and only has a one-year contract, it's unlikely the Cowboys will come right out and announce him as the starting free safety. But he did jump right into the first-team defense during the summer mini-camps and OTA sessions.

The Cowboys have been looking for a free safety to play alongside Roy Williams ever since Darren Woodson retired in 2004. Hamlin appears best fit to win the job, but he'll likely get some early-camp competition from Pat Watkins and Keith Davis, who combined for the majority of the starts at free safety last season.

But neither player can match Hamlin's experience, and barring injury, it should be Hamlin's job by the end of camp - if it's not his already.

Rookie To Watch: Alan Ball

The Cowboys drafted two cornerbacks in the seventh round, just like in 2004 when they added Nate Jones and Jacques Reeves. Who knew both would stick around for three seasons and be reporting for their fourth camp?

But those two vets will get a strong push to claim the final cornerback spot from rookies Courtney Brown and Alan Ball, who was rather impressive over the summer.

Ball, a second-team All-Big 10 pick last season at Illinois, matches up well against NFL receivers with his 6-1, 182-pound frame. Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart said, "I really, really like Ball as a young guy. He's showed us some good things already."

Don't Forget About Me:

Keith Davis might not be pushing for a starting job like he has been the last two seasons, but he plans on having a significant role on defense and special teams. The fifth-year safety has seemed to embrace the arrival of Hamlin and said football has been more fun than in the last few years.

Davis has moved from free safety to strong safety, his college position, and will back up Roy Williams. Whether Davis has a large role on defense in nickel and dime packages remains to be seen, but it's likely he'll again be a force on special teams, where he has recorded a team-high 51 tackles over the last three seasons.

Pick 3:

Terence Newman might have a case as one of the NFL's top cover cornerbacks, even though his stats might be a little misleading. Newman recorded just one interception last season after picking off at least three passes in each of his first three seasons. Now opposing teams weren't exactly lighting up his side of the field, however. Newman recorded just 12 pass deflections, compared to 23 by right cornerback Anthony Henry and 17 by safety Roy Williams.

Cowboys safety Roy Williams is known for his big-play ability, but the Pro Bowler wasn't much of a force in opponents' backfields last year. Williams had just two tackles for loss in 16 games and was held without a sack. He did lead the team with five interceptions, but it's clear he needs to become a bigger factor at the line of scrimmage.

Cowboys safety Abram Elam basically flew under the radar in his first NFL season last year. Playing mostly on special teams, he led the Cowboys with 11 solo tackles in the kicking game and finished fourth overall with 15 stops. With a deep secondary corps that includes Hamlin, Williams, Davis and Watkins, Elam must continue his strong play on special teams to retain a roster spot in 2007.

Don't Be Surprised If:

Ken Hamlin turns out to be the Cowboys' most consistent safety this season. Sure, Williams might return to the Pro Bowl for a fifth consecutive year, and this new defense might even be a better fit for him at strong safety. But Hamlin just might be exactly what the Cowboys have been looking for as a centerfield safety. The Cowboys will likely use second-year pro Pat Watkins in different packages to get him more involved. Don't be surprised to see Watkins and Hamlin back deep in passing situations, with Williams closer to the line of scrimmage in a nickel or dime linebacker role. Remember, Hamlin is also a big-time hitter and could play some strong safety in selective packages.

Fitting In
Projected Starters:

Roy Williams (SS) - New scheme might play more to his strengths.
Ken Hamlin (FS) - Have the Cowboys finally answered FS concerns?
Anthony Henry (CB) - Nagging knee injuries affected him in 2006.
Terence Newman (CB) - More of a tackler (68) than ball thief. That needs to change.

Solid Backups:

Aaron Glenn (CB) - Not slowing down; 13-year vet still provides valuable experience.
Keith Davis (S) - Might not be the answer at safety, but still needed on special teams.
Jacques Reeves (CB) - Needs to be more than special teams contributor.
Nate Jones (CB) - Like Reeves, has to showcase his experience to hold off rookies.
Pat Watkins (S) - Could battle Hamlin for starting job. Nickel defense seems likely.
Abram Elam (S) - Good special teams performer, but will need to show more than that.

Uphill Climb:

Joey Thomas (CB) - Watch out for this guy. Veteran cornerback has some ability.
Quincy Butler (CB) - Cowboys like his athleticism. Needs to show it off at camp.
Damarius Bilbo (S) - Moved from WR to safety last year. One of team's top athletes.
Alan Ball (CB) - Looked good in mini-camps. Can match up against bigger receivers.
Courtney Brown (CB) - Great athleticism but hasn't faced top competition in college.
Jasper Johnson (S) - Rookie safety from Central Arkansas needs to make plays early.

(Up Next: Offensive Line)

Looks interesting
 07-15-2007, 06:40 PM         #509
Kalif  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Redskins 4 life cowboy fans are crazy ya'll talking trash about T.O. and he is the best thing ya'll got yo get real.
 07-15-2007, 08:13 PM         #510
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kalif said:
Redskins 4 life cowboy fans are crazy ya'll talking trash about T.O. and he is the best thing ya'll got yo get real.
**the 1st time I've actually given hate**

:rolleyes: We've been beating your @sses for years b*tch, AND we got more rings...keep your pus*y-@ss outta my thread.:finger:

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 07-15-2007 at 08:14 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #511
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
LOLOWNED!NOW get the phuk out!
 07-16-2007, 11:00 AM         #512
The Black Death  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man I hope the O-Line gets squared away this year. That's the most important positions on offense, where it gets started at. I'm tired of stupid penalties, false starts, holding and missed blocks. Hopefully we'll be able to run behind someone else other than Flozell Adams.
 10 years ago '04        #513
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1

[pic - click to view]

No beef.........

07-16-2007, 11:46 AM         #514
The Black Death  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 10 years ago '05        #515
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
I'm anxious to see how Leonard Davis does at guard
 07-16-2007, 09:37 PM         #516
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:

[pic - click to view]

No beef.........

:thumbsdow The field goal fu*k up is getting a bit old.:rolleyes:

....btw, didn't you guys only win like 6 games??:hang: ...and you have the nerve to make fun of Romo. Get above .500, then you can talk trash.:banghead:

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 07-16-2007 at 09:39 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #517
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
btw, didn't you guys only win like 6 games??:hang: ...and you have the nerve to make fun of Romo. Get above .500, then you can talk trash.:banghead:

[pic - click to view]

That was a great Turkey that night. Poor Dallas fans...they're so used to let down.
 07-16-2007, 10:49 PM         #518
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:

[pic - click to view]

That was a great Turkey that night. Poor Dallas fans...they're so used to let down.
The best you could come up with was a 4 year old game? I know you can do better than that homie. You have a 37 year old post concussion QB with an o-line that even I could penetrate. ...and you stil didn't address the fact that ya'll were under .500.:sick:
 10 years ago '05        #519
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
[SIZE="5"YALL PUKKIN SUKK. GET OUTTA HERE[/SIZE]
 10 years ago '04        #520
space
space
 Jaiden05 said:
[SIZE="5"YALL PUKKIN SUKK. GET OUTTA HERE[/SIZE]
Congratulations on posting a pic of a former league's best RB, former heisman trophy winner and former 1-2 punch of the miami dolphins who has moved on to other things in his life.

If you think Ricky Williams is an insult you need to do your research and see how many incredible things he's done for this team

And Texasplayboy you're absolutely right I could do a lot better with insults against Dallas. I'm the statistical king when it comes to those things, but why would I bother taking the time and effort to really go out of my way against a team I don't even hate? You know me just as well as anyone on this site, and you know if I wanted to I could.

Anyway, have a good day.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy