most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-30-2007, 07:01 PM         #361
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cowboys going 4-12
 11 years ago '05        #362
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 Black_Deuce said:
Cowboys going 4-12
With that wack draft y'all had and no running game. It's more like:

Black_Deuce said:
Giants going 4-12
 04-30-2007, 08:46 PM         #363
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ehh... I'd say theres a running game in New York for sure

the draft was pretty good to me, im happy with the players we got, steve smith is a sleeper
 04-30-2007, 09:47 PM         #364
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:

steve smith is a sleeper
...well you better wake his little @$$ up and tell him to fasten that chin strap cuz ya'll goin to the 'Boys House September 9th!:applause:
 04-30-2007, 09:50 PM         #365
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JHawk972 said:
That n*gga was blockin field goals too...I should've never questioned that pick...:sorry: Wade
 04-30-2007, 10:28 PM         #366
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
God I hope the Browns suck this season...

:omg:

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 04-30-2007 at 10:34 PM..
 05-01-2007, 01:02 AM         #367
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sup tx...

change the comment in your sig tho its disgusting
 11 years ago '05        #368
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
 texasplayboy_23 said:
God I hope the Browns suck this season...

:omg:

your boi got jets..........
 05-01-2007, 01:43 PM         #369
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh no doubt...keep an eye on Darren McFadden in the upcoming college football season...he shouldn't be too hard to find on sportscenter.
 11 years ago '07        #370
gorilla_proof 
space
space
$300 | Props total: 0 0
i wonder if mcfadden will catch the same flack AD got about running upright? hopefully he can stay healthy he should be a top 5 pick if he stays healthy
 05-07-2007, 10:39 PM         #371
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn, is there nothing going on @ Valley Ranch? ....I can't find $h*t myself.
 05-08-2007, 12:46 AM         #372
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
theres a rumor going around...

that the cowboys...

like to take it up the a.ss...

from the giants. especially on sunday afternoons in front of large crowds.

05-09-2007, 10:57 PM         #373
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:
theres a rumor going around...

that the cowboys...

like to take it up the a.ss...

from the giants. especially on sunday afternoons in front of large crowds.

^^^ Isn't "giving" it up the a.ss just as gay as "taking" it up the a.ss? ...I knew Sheli and the rest of 'em were f*gs.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 05-09-2007 at 10:58 PM..
 05-09-2007, 11:06 PM         #374
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
May 9, 2007 5:55 PM

"Five To Watch"
Upcoming Mini-Camp Has Intriguing Storylines To Follow

IRVING, Texas - Dallas needs some sports excitement.

With hockey season and pro basketball ending earlier than we all expected around here, this area needs something from its major sports teams to get excited about.

Whether or not this weekend's three-day mini-camp at Valley Ranch will do the trick, this at least marks the first organized practices for the Cowboys this off-season and the first under new head coach Wade Phillips.

While there will be no official games played, or even full uniforms being sported, the Cowboys' first official practices of the off-season - scheduled Saturday through Monday - should be enough to get the juices flowing for a while.

The Cowboys don't head for training camp in San Antonio until July 23, and the first regular-season game is not until Sept. 9 when the New York Giants come to town in a nationally-televised Sunday night game.

But until then, this three-day mini-camp will have to do. And there are plenty of things to watch out for.

Here are five things we'll keep a close eye on out here at The Ranch:

New Offense

All eyes will be fixed on new offensive coordinator Jason Garrett and how the former Cowboys quarterback who has only two years of coaching experience under his belt conducts this new offense. While it definitely will be too early to see if he's in over his head, or even if the offense will flourish, we'll at least get to see some of the new looks and wrinkles he has in store.

And while we study his new offense, it will be good to see just how quarterback Tony Romo handles it. Romo said he's spent countless hours this off-season trying to pick up the new scheme and said he is excited about running through the formations and plays for the first time.

And it's more than just a new offense, but virtually a new offensive staff as well. Tony Sparano, the team's offensive line coach and a.ssistant head coach, is the only holdover a.ssistant on that side of the ball. The rest of the staff has been hired by Phillips, aside from Jason Garrett, once a candidate for the head coaching job who was hired by Jerry Jones before Phillips was named head coach.

Anthony Spencer

The first-round draft pick always gets a lot of attention. And while the Cowboys have usually held a mini-camp strictly for rookies and first-year players in the past, it's unlikely Spencer will be overshadowed, even though he'll be surrounded by the veterans.

While he won't be taking down quarterbacks this weekend - at least the Cowboys hope not - Spencer's performance in the one-on-one blocking drills can be relevant. And since this camp will include the entire roster, look for some intriguing battles early on when Spencer lines up against three-time Pro Bowler Flozell Adams, or even right tackle Marc Colombo and backup Pat McQuistan.

Also, pay attention to where Spencer lines up in this defense. While the Cowboys will likely move him around at several spots, he's expected to begin at outside linebacker. And since it took Ware some time to adjust from college defensive end to this position, we'll get the chance to see how much of a transition this will be for Spencer.

Free Safety

Of course, free safety. Why wouldn't we be looking at this position? It's been a major discussion for three seasons now.

This year, the Cowboys signed veteran Ken Hamlin to a one-year deal. The former Seattle Seahawk looked like a star in the making before suffering a season-ending head injury six games into the 2005 season. While he played all 16 games for Seattle in 2006, the Seahawks chose not to give him a long-term deal.

Neither did the Cowboys, who by signing him to a one-year deal can see firsthand if he indeed can return to the level that made him one of the top young defensive players in the game just three years ago.

But the Cowboys also might want to give second-year safety Pat Watkins a decent chance to win the job. Watkins started nine games last season, including the final three, and the playoff loss to Seattle. The Cowboys also have Keith Davis, a special teams ace who has started 21 games at free safety in the last two years.

Greg Ellis

Now don't expect the veteran linebacker to be doing anything with the rest of the team this weekend, and probably not before the start of training camp. But Ellis, who is recovering last November's season-ending torn Achilles' against Arizona, should be continuing his individual rehab on the practice field this weekend.

While he won't be the center of the action, expect some eyes to occasionally glance over in Ellis' direction. Don't be surprised if that includes owner Jerry Jones, too. While Jones and Phillips said Ellis' injury was not the reason they drafted Spencer, there has to be some kind of doubt whether the 31-year-old Ellis can make a full recovery from an injury considered one of the hardest to overcome.

Ellis has even wondered out loud again this week what the future holds for him here in Dallas, which certainly isn't the first time. But first things first, he needs to get back healthy. And this weekend, we should at least get some gauge of how close he is to that comeback.

T.O.

What kind of things-to-watch-for list would there be if Terrell Owens wasn't included? If T.O. is out there - and by all accounts he's expected to appear at this mandatory mini-camp - he'll always been watched.

It appears the Cowboys are indeed prepared to fund his $3 million roster bonus due in June, which would a.ssure that Owens will return next season. Jones has said all off-season, and most recently during draft weekend, that Owens will be returning to the Cowboys next season.

Had the Cowboys thought differently, they might have changed their draft tune and selected a receiver, especially with so many still available in the first and second rounds. Instead, the Cowboys drafted only Washington's Isaiah Stanback, who played more quarterback in college.

As for Owens, who has been attending several throwing sessions with the offense here at Valley Ranch this off-season, it will be interesting to see just how much he'll be able to do, considering he's undergone two surgeries on his right ring finger this off-season. Owens has said he should be 100 percent for the start of training camp, but he could be involved in some capacity during the first of these two summer mini-camps, trying to get a better grasp of the new offense.

Of course, that's probably not even half of the juicy stories to follow here over the next few months. The look of Phillips' new 3-4 defense; the kicking battle between Martin Gramatica and rookie Nick Folk; and simply an up-close look at massive guard Leonard Davis will be a few more things to keep an eye on.

Again, it's only practice out here at Valley Ranch. But they are the first practices. And for this time of year, they should be entertaining enough.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 05-10-2007 at 01:08 AM..
 05-09-2007, 11:28 PM         #375
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OMG this muthatrucka posted it in black... I can't see

At least post it in the Egg lol

like this

[pic - click to view]

05-09-2007, 11:31 PM         #376
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
^^^ Isn't "giving" it up the a.ss just as gay as "taking" it up the a.ss? ...I knew Sheli and the rest of 'em were f*gs.
well... when I say "take it up the a.ss" "it" means the football, and their a.ss means their endzone... hence the sunday afternoon reference... lol
 05-10-2007, 01:05 AM         #377
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:
OMG this muthatrucka posted it in black... I can't see

At least post it in the Egg lol

like this

[pic - click to view]

....I changed it, damn.:D

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 05-10-2007 at 01:09 AM..
 05-10-2007, 02:03 AM         #378
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 05-10-2007, 03:52 AM         #379
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tony_Romo_God said:
^^^ u have 84 post in this thread which is second most and your a giants fan

stop acting like we gunna give u brad johnson for eli
so what

most of my posts are saying fu*k the cowboys

and most of the cowboys fans think your an a**hole, im more welcome in here than you
 05-12-2007, 09:17 PM         #380
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Josh Ellis
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
May 12, 2007 6:54 PM

Mini-Camp Notes: Spencer Steps Right In

IRVING, Texas - Rookie linebacker Anthony Spencer didn't take long to work with the Cowboys' first-team defense. When the team shifted to 7-on-7 drills in the first practice of a three-day mini-camp Saturday morning, there was Spencer, manning the left outside linebacker spot.

But it's not time to pencil the Cowboys' 23-year-old first-round pick in as the full-time starter just yet.

"(Greg Ellis) is our starting outside 'backer," said new head coach Wade Phillips after the morning practice out here at Valley Ranch. Phillips did say later that every position on the team was up for grabs, though the rookie generally has to beat out the veteran for a starting job.

"I'm loving the possibility of starting," Spencer said. "Having a little competition is good, it builds character. I did a lot of learning out there today. I was basically doing a lot of rushing stuff."

The incumbent Ellis spent the morning practice continuing to rehab the surgically-repaired Achilles tendon he tore last year, and while Phillips said the team hopes Ellis can be back in time for training camp, it certainly won't hurt Spencer to run with the first team in the meantime.

"Spencer did some good things," Phillips said. "He has some technique things that we can help him with. I was pleased with him, with his natural ability, just to see the stuff we saw him do naturally in college."

That natural ability helped Spencer register 10˝ sacks while piling up 26˝ tackles for loss in his senior season at Purdue while playing defensive end in a 4-3 alignment. He also forced five fumbles and batted down six passes in 2006, and was a finalist for the Ted Hendricks Defensive End of the Year Award.

While Greg Ellis seemed nervous about switching from defensive end to linebacker this time last year, Spencer says he is open to change.

"That's what I'm just working on now is learning the defense as fast as I can," he said. "The more I do it, the better I become at it."

And whether it's Ellis or Spencer lining up with the A-team in games, Phillips said the ultimate goal will be the same: More pressure.

"The more pressure you get, the better your secondary gets," he said

Phillips also said the team would use outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware as a pass rusher more in 2007.

Julius Back In Town

Phillips made a point to stick up for running back Julius Jones during his Saturday press conference after the running back said he felt he ran "like a robot" at times last season.

"I like Julius as a running back," Phillips said. "He's been productive here and I think he will continue to be. We're gonna get him in situations where we think we can best utilize him. He's a good screen-runner; he's a good draw-runner; he's a good stretch, outside-runner that can cut. Those are the situations we would like to get him in.

Jones broke the 1,000-yard barrier for the first time in his career in 2006, finishing the regular season with 1,084 yards on 267 carries, good for a 4.1-yards-per-carry average.

In six of the team's final eight games, though, Jones failed to rush for even 50 yards, as Marion Barber began to carry more of the load. Phillips said Jones has been the only player not to participate in the team's off-season conditioning program this spring, choosing instead to work out in Arizona.

"I haven't asked him about his plans (for the remainder of the offseason) - I encourage guys to be here," Phillips. "I just like them being around each other."

But evidently Jones knew something about the new offense, Phillips saying his running back already knew the protections, so "he had to study them."

Spears Impresses

During the open locker room portion of Saturday's mini-camp, third-year defensive end Marcus Spears told fellow-end Chris Canty the Wade Phillips defense allows you to mess up and still make a play.

That might be just what Spears needed - whether through mental mistakes or poor technique, the former first-round pick hasn't made much of an impact in his first two NFL seasons. But that could be about to change.

"Marcus was markedly better today, from what I saw on tape," Phillips said. "Marcus made several good plays today. I didn't see him make as many during the season."

Phillips also suggested the scheme the Cowboys ran up front the last couple of years might not have been conducive to Spears' game.

"Some coaches coach the scheme more than they coach the players," Phillips said. "Some coaches are hard-headed about that. Others adjust."

The new coach was quick to point out he wasn't commenting on the previous regime, but players sometimes have a point when they complain they were misused.

"We're gonna try to get our best players in position to make plays. That's what coaching is: being able to help players utilize their talents."

Safety Glance

Saturday's 7-on-7 and team drills provided the opportunity to see the early pecking order at safety, a position most troubling to the Cowboys the last two seasons.

Free-agent acquisition Ken Hamlin ran with the first team, lining up at free safety opposite Roy Williams. While Williams covered backs and tight ends and played closer to the line of scrimmage, Hamlin looked to be more of a centerfielder and appeared rangy enough to help out cornerbacks on deep balls on the sideline.

"I've been here in the off-season working out with these guys everyday; now we're just trying to feel each other out," said the four-year veteran Hamlin. "We're getting used to each other and trying to get to have some trust in each other."

The 6-2, 209-pound Hamlin played in 54 games for Seattle after the Seahawks selected him out of Arkansas in the second round of the 2003 draft. He had 297 tackles and eight interceptions as a Seahawk, missing more than half the 2005 season after suffering a serious head injury in a off-field altercation.

Keith Davis and Pat Watkins, who split time at free safety last season, both worked with the second-team defense.

Hold On

After the Tony Romo-botched hold debacle in Seattle on Jan. 6, it became readily apparent the Cowboys were on the lookout for a new holder on placekicks. Romo was the team's starting quarterback now, after all.

Now punter Mat McBriar seems to be getting the first crack at replacing Romo. McBriar worked with kickers Martin Gramatica and rookie Nick Folk in Saturday's morning practice, taking snaps from L.P. Ladouceur.

McBriar began his Cowboys career as the holder, but was replaced by Bill Parcells after just one mistake against Minnesota in the 2004 season-opener.

"I've definitely got my hand up, to hold," McBriar said. "I've only got limited experience in games, but it's something I want to do - something I work on with the kickers. It looks like I'm getting a fair shot at it.

McBriar notched his first Pro Bowl appearance last season, averaging 48.2-yards per punt. After re-signing with the Cowboys in the off-season, a pay raise could mean more responsibilities for the Aussie.

"It's an important job - for Martin and Nick," McBriar said. "They need a good holder. I want to be the best holder I can be for them, as well as for the team."

The Cowboys also might look at backup quarterback Brad Johnson as a potential holder, too.

The only thing that seems certain is that Romo won't be holding, and he acknowledged that Saturday when asked he would be holding this year. Romo said he wasn't sure, but knew it wouldn't be him.

And evidently he's right, since Phillips referred to him Saturday as "the former holder."

Short Shots

The four-year old indoor practice facility at Valley Ranch came in handy during Saturday's afternoon practice, when a sudden hail-and-thunderstorm sprung up, moving the remainder of the workout indoors . . . Fourth-round pick Isaiah Stanback, who did not participate in the morning practice, fielded punts from free-agent punter Sam Paulescu inside the bubble and seemed to be moving well enough despite Lisfranc surgery . . . Brad Johnson struggled with throws during both practices, bouncing several balls at his receiver's feet . . . In years past, DeMarcus Ware lined up at right outside linebacker exclusively, but Saturday he and Spencer flip-flopped often, seemingly flipping from strong side to weak side . . . Bobby Carpenter and Kevin Burnett, both of whom played mostly outside last year, were the middle linebackers on the second-team defense . . . The Cowboys brought in two rookie free agents on workout basis for the mini-camp, including Tarleton State quarterback Richard Bartel and TCU linebacker Eric Buchanan.

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
80 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
119 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
68 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
112 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy