Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-24-2007, 09:56 PM         #261
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hell no the boys aren't trading up
 11 years ago '07        #262
gorilla_proof 
space
space
$300 | Props total: 0 0
 Black_Deuce said:
hell no the boys aren't trading up
in most cases it can be costly to trade up'... i think AP is a rare talent but the boys have no chance at getting him' if AP isnt drafted within the first 7picks i'd be shocked'

considering hes a pure running back who i think is going to have a outstanding pro career'
 04-25-2007, 02:04 AM         #263
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The offensive line does not need help at this point. The left side has Kosier (who had a solid year) and Adams; the right Davis and Columbo; then Gurode is set in the middle...so there aren't any glaring needs on the team right now...depth could be a possibility at guard, but I wouldn't expect them to use a 1st rounder for depth.

:rolleyes: And I was just using my imagination, I already know the Cowboys aren't trading all the way up to the top 10 to get Peterson cause that would cost at least a 1st rounder next year, but, there still is a good possiblity of trading up. (according to Jerry Jones) "Consequently, I'm looking at the possibility, and more seriously considering than I ever have of doing some bundling up and trading up." He said himself that all bases are covered on the team, so if that "wow guy" he has is eye on starts to slip, I really think he'd risk a few draft picks to get him on Saturday...I think that wow guy is a wr or db with great speed.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 04-25-2007 at 02:18 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #264
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
Updated: April 24, 2007, 11:32 AM ET
In Jones' mind, Cowboys' bases coveredBy Matt Mosley
ESPN.com
Archive

IRVING, Texas -- To hear Jerry Jones tell it, the Cowboys are in such good shape that they might be using the highly underused "best nickel corner available" approach in this weekend's draft.

In an hour-long news conference Monday, the owner-general manager listed a variety of options, some of which actually seemed plausible. Jones said the Cowboys could "line up and play next week," an indication the club isn't beholden to filling a specific need for the first time in years.

He expressed regret that he hadn't been more aggressive in trading up during the Super Bowl year and said there's a possibility the Cowboys might "bundle up" some picks and try to move up and grab an impact player Saturday.

Of course, this is the time of year when people across the league work on their bluffing skills.

The Cowboys haven't traded up in the draft since 1999, when they moved up two spots to select defensive end Ebenezer Ekuban. Two years before that, they moved up to take tight end David LaFleur. Don't look for Jones to do it Saturday unless something unforeseen occurs.

On Monday, he indicated there were seven "wow" players in the draft. In his mind, these players are talented enough to consider trading up for.

Reading between the lines -- something you have to do with Jones' doublespeak -- the Cowboys would start bundling picks together if, say, Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson somehow slipped out of the top 10.

"When you have your bases covered in your mind, that allows you to think like this," said Jones, whose club has 10 picks in the draft. "It allows you to think about going up. It allows you to think about doing something and really putting yourself in a position for next year's picks."

The one thing Jones ruled out completely was trading one of his current players. Last year, the club considered trading running back Julius Jones during the draft, but on Monday the Cowboys' owner said a player's value actually decreases during the draft.

Sensing the team's fan base might be concerned about him wielding too much influence in the post-Parcells era, Jones delivered the comforting news that former Cowboys head coach Barry Switzer will be stopping by Valley Ranch this week to help him evaluate running backs. No word yet on Chan Gailey's appearance.

Jones also said that Larry Lacewell, his close friend and the club's former director of scouting, has been watching film. Lacewell was forced into early retirement two years ago because Bill Parcells never cared for his work.

Jones indicated that he might seek some input from Parcells this week, but I doubt that happens. He was never comfortable in Parcells' considerable shadow -- as evidenced by an exchange Monday.

When Jones said he'd consulted with Lacewell and Switzer over the past couple of years, one of my quick-witted colleagues asked, "Did Bill know about that?"

After the laughter died down, Jones responded, "Bill was the football coach, not the personnel guy."

It was a revealing moment that indicated how uncomfortable Jones had become with the perception -- and the reality -- that he was second in command. With the laid-back Wade Phillips taking over as head coach, that's no longer a concern.

On Monday, he said Phillips places more emphasis on speed than Parcells. He also said Parcells believed in prototypes (6-3, 260-pound linebackers) while Phillips is more willing to take a talented player at any size and fit him into the system.

In other words, he'll do what Jones tells him.

Based on what the Cowboys' owner said Monday, I wouldn't expect Dallas to take a wide receiver in the first round. Jones thinks he can land a quality receiver in the second round such as South Carolina's Sidney Rice, and the Cowboys already have some talented young players at the position.

Jones acknowledged that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's tough stance regarding off-field behavior has put teams on notice, but it doesn't sound like Miami safety Brandon Meriweather's character issues will scare off the Cowboys. If the club stays at No. 22, there's a good chance they'll choose Meriweather. If they trade down, look for them to target Purdue defensive end/linebacker Anthony Spencer, who would give then a much-needed pass-rusher. :applause: :applause: It's about time I think our pass rush is lacking big time we need someone to compliment DMarc.

The Cowboys are convinced Tony Romo is their quarterback of the future, but that won't prevent them from drafting a quarterback in the third round.

Jones said one club has already made an offer to trade the Cowboys its 2008 first-round pick for their No. 22 pick this weekend. Jones would ask for an extra second-round pick in this year's draft.

From the sound out of it, he's making up for lost time.

Matt Mosley covers the NFL for ESPN.com. He may be reached at .
 11 years ago '04        #265
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
what yall boys think about this...

Cowboys trade 22nd overall to KC for Larry Johnson(they are shopping him)
Cowboys trade 2nd pick and JJ to move up in the second round?

just a thought i had
 11 years ago '05        #266
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
It sound cool but I ride with MB
 11 years ago '04        #267
space
space
listenin to the people on dallascowboys.com..it sounds like they are REALLY big on Ted Ginn :applause:
 04-25-2007, 02:53 PM         #268
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Cheifs are dumb as hell if they let LJ get away. Will Shields has already retired and Trent Green may get traded to the Dolphins....that's their whole damn offense! Just stupid!

I was thinking the same thing about using some draft picks to get LJ (but once again, my hopes are too high) ...as far as Julius, I'd trade him for a stick of gum, a slim jim and a pack of now-a-laters.

....SERIOUSLY though!

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 04-25-2007 at 02:56 PM..
 04-25-2007, 02:54 PM         #269
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaKidB.A.N.K.$ said:
listenin to the people on dallascowboys.com..it sounds like they are REALLY big on Ted Ginn :applause:
So am I.:D
 11 years ago '07        #270
spanishflip703 
space
space
$694 | Props total: 0 0
the 4-3 formation will be better for tha dallas d-fence, more down linemen the better, we hav alright linebackers, our corners are good and our safeties couldnt be any better than that
 11 years ago '07        #271
gorilla_proof 
space
space
 DaKidB.A.N.K.$ said:
what yall boys think about this...

Cowboys trade 22nd overall to KC for Larry Johnson(they are shopping him)
Cowboys trade 2nd pick and JJ to move up in the second round?

just a thought i had
its no way in hell KC trades Larry"earl campbell jr" Johnson for the 22nd overall pick' not unless there GM is flav' fla

you dont trade a top 5 running back for a late round pick in the first not unless you cant afford him ...and if thats the case it would take all of your first day draft and more compensation to make a deal of this nature happen
 11 years ago '06        #272
Kjizzle03 37 heat pts37
space
space
$25,271 | Props total: 7403 7403
 texasplayboy_23 said:
So am I.:D
Don't be Ted Ginn is the next Peter Warrick

426 - 199 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 68% 11 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 408-255, Rank #9 | Aug 16: 530-318, Rank #23 | Aug 15: 723-350, Rank #21 | Aug 14: 830-506, Rank #15 | Aug 13: 509-349, Rank #8 | Aug 12: 209-112, Rank #25 | Aug 11: 12-7, Rank #173 | Aug 10: 857-514, Rank #19 | Aug 09: 168-132, Rank #58 | Aug 08: 988-553, Rank #6 *
 04-25-2007, 03:38 PM         #273
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^I was thinking for special teams purposes at first....then MAYBE he can be a #2 receiver in the future.
 11 years ago '06        #274
Kjizzle03 37 heat pts37
space
space
All he will do have way decently is return kicks

Career: | Aug 17: 408-255, Rank #9 | Aug 16: 530-318, Rank #23 | Aug 15: 723-350, Rank #21 | Aug 14: 830-506, Rank #15 | Aug 13: 509-349, Rank #8 | Aug 12: 209-112, Rank #25 | Aug 11: 12-7, Rank #173 | Aug 10: 857-514, Rank #19 | Aug 09: 168-132, Rank #58 | Aug 08: 988-553, Rank #6 *
 11 years ago '07        #275
gorilla_proof 
space
space
 Kjizzle03 said:
Don't be Ted Ginn is the next Peter Warrick
ted ginn and peter warrick arent the same'

warrick at the combine ran in the 4.5ish range hes more quicker then fast while ginn on the other hand is quick and fast' ginn reminds me of santana moss but moss was more of a polished wr while he was with the canes
 11 years ago '04        #276
space
space

[pic - click to view]

ALLLLL DAYYYYY :applause:
 11 years ago '06        #277
Kjizzle03 37 heat pts37
space
space
 gorilla_proof said:
ted ginn and peter warrick arent the same'

warrick at the combine ran in the 4.5ish range hes more quicker then fast while ginn on the other hand is quick and fast' ginn reminds me of santana moss but moss was more of a polished wr while he was with the canes
While you may be right my point was that Ted Ginn is not goin to be a factor in the NFL just like Peter Warrick

11 years ago '07        #278
gorilla_proof 
space
space
 Kjizzle03 said:
While you may be right my point was that Ted Ginn is not goin to be a factor in the NFL just like Peter Warrick
thats a big statment to make considering the nfl draft hasnt happend "camps havent started for the rookies and pre-season isnt here an oh the big one'

"no nfl games have been played yet???"

i cant knock you for saying ginn wont be much of a factor in the league but understand this "95%" of bear fans were pissed that chicago took hester in the second round' and my boy didnt even know who hester was'

imo' ginn has more explosion and draft value then hester does'...i dont think ginn is going to be the next steve smith but i do think if hes in the right system he's going to turn heads jus on his play making ability alone'

Last edited by gorilla_proof; 04-25-2007 at 04:48 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #279
space
space
All Ginn has to do is put on more weight and work on his route running skills and he'll be very dangerous in the NFL for YEARS
 11 years ago '07        #280
gorilla_proof 
space
space
 DaKidB.A.N.K.$ said:
All Ginn has to do is put on more weight and work on his route running skills and he'll be very dangerous in the NFL for YEARS
he doesnt even need the weight' he needs to work on his route running & catching
his stature id similar to a marvin harrison...and with the type of passing game the league has gone to now the smaller wr's seem to be having huge seasons because they dont have the trouble of getting in and out of there routes that larger wr's will have
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
148 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
60 comments
2 days ago