most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-21-2007, 06:46 PM         #241
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
werd... I almost went to Maryland myself... BUT

Its somewhat of long story, but Im a fresh in college, In HS as a junior I was one of the bigger recruits from NY at Outside Linebacker/Defensive End and would have gotten a scholarship to at the very worst a mid major, then senior year I fu*ked up my ACL... :( bye bye scholarship

I go to Penn State, I got in strictly off grades. But im just about back to 100% and feel better than ever, the athletic staff are aware of me and they said feel free to try out in august. They're actually short on LB so if I impress I could be on the roster next year

EDIT: what school you went to my dude?

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 04-21-2007 at 06:52 PM..
 04-21-2007, 11:41 PM         #242
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:

EDIT: what school you went to my dude?
...it seems as though he left that part out...so, that elite ACC team would be_______. The "Cucamunga Cracker-Killers" maybe? If so I want tickets!
 04-21-2007, 11:43 PM         #243
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao @ the Cucamunga Cracker-Killers
 04-21-2007, 11:44 PM         #244
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BoSox84 said:
Wade Phillips is a 3-4 GURU. No one's claiming he's a great fu*king head coach. I'm taking a wait and see approach on that one. But he's one of the FOUNDERS of the 3-4. He knows the 3-4 defense inside and out. THAT makes him a 3-4 guru.
That's the exact same thing i've been sayin homie, but i'd rather:banghead: than explain it to his simple @$$ any further.
 04-21-2007, 11:47 PM         #245
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anyone who created something better be a guru of it

like tony dungy, lovie smith, and herman edwards of the tampa two defense

04-21-2007, 11:49 PM         #246
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yo Deuce, you know how you stomp at a stray cat to shoo it away? Well that's what I've been tryin to do wit gorilla proof, but he just won't run away...I'm gettin ready to get the broom in a sec.
 04-21-2007, 11:51 PM         #247
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

just block him? lol
 04-21-2007, 11:56 PM         #248
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nah, he already lost several posts ago, but I will get that broom if he comes back..."Gone now! GET!"

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 04-22-2007 at 12:06 AM..
 04-21-2007, 11:58 PM         #249
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 04-21-2007, 11:59 PM         #250
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wish I could find a gif for that sh*t.
 04-22-2007, 12:02 AM         #251
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[IMG]
[pic - click to view]

[/IMG]
 04-22-2007, 12:05 AM         #252
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:applause:
 04-22-2007, 12:08 AM         #253
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Now that that's done......

BRING ON THE DRAFT!

11 years ago '07        #254
gorilla_proof 
space
space
$300 | Props total: 0 0
 texasplayboy_23 said:
...it seems as though he left that part out...so, that elite ACC team would be_______. The "Cucamunga Cracker-Killers" maybe? If so I want tickets!
UVA' id say thats elite compared to some ole' bootleg school you went to huh? my guess is you paid for school?

some ppl do have to work you know? but im sure your daily activities dont stray as far as your living room couch ?

i went to UVA to play LB and ended up playing DE'...computer science major' but i do mainly desktop engineering at the moment'...wish i had the talent to play in the league it seems like most athletes today just thirst for the pay-day vs.....loving the game'

~in the wordz of chamillion~
"i'd hit cha so hard dat da back of yo head be touchin da back of ya shoe' :finger:
 11 years ago '05        #255
iCON216 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,647 | Props total: 42 42
Cowboys | Team may trade first-round pick
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:09:49 -0700

Nick Eatman, of DallasCowboys.com, reports Dallas Cowboys general manager Jerry Jones said that he has some offers on the table that would allow the Cowboys to trade out of the first round in the 2007 NFL Draft and acquire a first-round pick for the 2008 NFL Draft.
 11 years ago '05        #256
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 iCON216 said:
Cowboys | Team may trade first-round pick
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:09:49 -0700

Nick Eatman, of DallasCowboys.com, reports Dallas Cowboys general manager Jerry Jones said that he has some offers on the table that would allow the Cowboys to trade out of the first round in the 2007 NFL Draft and acquire a first-round pick for the 2008 NFL Draft.
I wouldn't mind that. There's plenty of depth at the positions that they're looking at that it wouldn't hurt them to fall back a round and get another first rounder next year
 04-24-2007, 03:30 PM         #257
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gorilla_proof said:
UVA' id say thats elite compared to some ole' bootleg school you went to huh? my guess is you paid for school?

some ppl do have to work you know? but im sure your daily activities dont stray as far as your living room couch ?

^^ @ this dude. That was days ago clown...no one cares anymore...move on n*gga!

ANYWAY...

Mickey Spagnola
DallasCowboys.com Columnist

"Drafting On Real Life Matters"

Either bear with me or excuse me then as we try to logically figure out just what the Cowboys most likely will do with their 22nd pick, a spot they have actually drafted from only two other times in 46 previous drafts. (The 1960 expansion Cowboys were not allowed to participate in the college draft, only an expansion draft of players from existing NFL teams.) In 1974, after selecting Ed Jones with the first pick in the draft, they came back to take running back Charles Young with the 22nd pick. And then in 1997 they selected tight end David LaFleur, the last offensive player the Cowboys have drafted in the first round.

This time at No. 22, well, look, let's rule out quarterback. Not in the first round, and probably not on the first day.

Let's rule out tight end, not with Pro Bowler Jason Witten on board and having used last year's second on Anthony Fasano.

Let's rule out fullback, not in the first round. They just don't impact the game enough anymore for what the cost would be.

Let's rule out running back, and not because they are set for 10 years at the position, but mostly because there does not seem to be enough of them worthy of a first-round pick.

Kickers? Please.

Linebackers? Now unless some off-the-charts guy falls into their laps at 22, just can't see it. Look, the Cowboys have used their past two top picks and a second in the last two years on linebackers. They handed Bradie James an $8 million bonus to re-sign, and spent another $5 million to sign Akin Ayodele the previous year. And from what I'm hearing, Greg Ellis is running awfully well - and it's still only April. Taking another linebacker in the first would be some serious wheel-spinning.

Offensive lineman? Not a center, that's for sure. Not a guard, unless he can also play left tackle and they are backed into a no-out corner. You can talk to me about a potential left tackle who can bide his time at guard, but again, remember the Cowboys haven't taken one of these offensive line cats in the first since 1981. What are the odds?

OK, so what are we left with? That would be, and in no particular order, wide receiver, defensive back (corner or safety) and defensive lineman.

Boy, nose tackle would be great, a guy to enter into a rotation with Jason Ferguson, but after Michigan's Alan Branch, there is not another guy capable of playing the 3-4 nose worthy of a first-round pick.

Now then, I know everyone is clamoring for a safety, but . . . and look, this has nothing to do with the Cowboys covering themselves at the position by signing Ken Hamlin, even if it was to only a one-year deal. But they should not effectively bury Pat Watkins, or Hamlin for that matter. And think about this: Until 2002, the Cowboys had never, ever selected a safety with a first-round pick. Now you're going to take two in the last five drafts? What are the odds? If they do, then he'd better be able to play in the slot on the nickel defense, be a Shark, if you know what I mean, on special teams, and possibly even returns kicks. Otherwise . . . .

So now, that leaves defensive end, cornerback and wide receiver. Can I have one of each?

Well, it doesn't quite work that way.

Now remember, when we talk defensive end, we're talking a 3-4 guy, not a 270-pound 4-3 guy. That's not going to work in this defense, no matter how many sacks he had in college. This will be a critical year for Marcus Spears and Chris Canty, but we've been told Wade Phillips' ability to coach the 3-4 and get pressure on a quarterback through scheme had a lot to do with him getting this job. Maybe Spears and Canty will flourish, but unless the Cowboys are sure they won't, they owe it to themselves to find out. And let's not forget Jason Hatcher. Got a feeling this kid might make a huge leap this year. Remember, he was a I-AA player taken in the third as a project. And I also recall Cowboys owner Jerry Jones saying Phillips thinks Kevin Burnett can be a pressure player. We'll see. And they've been high on Jay Ratliff as a rotation guy.

Now here's a good but on this subject: But if Phillips also uses a four-man front on his nickel defense, finding a versatile guy who can become an inside pass rusher between Ellis and Ware would be huge, and if there is any doubt Ellis can't resume being the player he once was, the a specialty pass rusher at end would be huge if the Cowboys think they can afford the luxury.

But other than that, or, and so sorry for leaning on the cliché, unless the best possible guy available is a defensive end, move on.

That leaves wide receiver and cornerback, and you know what, it seems the depth in this draft - if the Cowboys decide to hang with the 22nd pick (sorry to add more confusion) - is with receivers and cornerbacks.

We could argue the Cowboys legitimately have three capable players at each position, so why do that? Well, here is my thinking. This team could use an infusion of speed, and what better spots to add some wheels than corner and receiver?

Let's talk receiver. The Cowboys have two Thirtysomething starters there, one possession guy on a one-year deal, two projects not even drafted into the NFL last year and an ex-CFL guy. One of the Thirtysomethings is Terrell Owens. Who knows, right? He's year to year. The other is Terry Glenn. My guess is a foot race between Glenn and Terence Newman would decide who is the fastest player on the team. Be nice, though, to have a three-man receiver rotation so the Thirtysomethings would not have to take 60 snaps a game. Might make them even more valuable.

And then corner. Jimmy Johnson once told me you can never have enough corners. I think Dave Campo told me the same thing. Mike Zimmer, poor guy, he knows what it was like to never have enough corners until the past two years.

Newman isn't going anywhere soon. And save your e-mails. He will get re-signed, because if Jerry Jones learned anything while interviewing for a head coach, he learned Newman just might be his most valuable player, with Ware a close second.

That leaves Anthony Henry, a solid corner, and Aaron Glenn as your nickel guy. Aaron Glenn, on a one-year deal, turns 35 the week before camp begins. Nothing against him or that, but at some point you got to start getting younger there. And remember when Bill Parcells begrudgingly gave in towards the end of the season and started playing two DB's in the slot on the nickel, that left Glenn coming in at corner, Newman moving to the slot (as normal) and Nate Jones jumping in the other slot. Hmmm, what if that was a first-round pick in there? One with speed, return ability and who could cover kicks? One you didn't have to start from Day One, sort of the way the Cowboys cultivated 1992 first-round pick Kevin Smith, who played behind Ike Holt the first 10 games his rookie year before taking over the starting role?

So to me, logically, through a process of elimination and knowing what most likely will be available when the draft strikes No. 20 or so - a.ssuming limited outrageous or unpredictable picks - corner and wide receiver would seem the most reasonable and useful, with a pressure guy up front next.

There, that's my thinking, but exposed against my better judgment. Geesh, should be able to debate the merits of such thoughts with a clear conscience.

But today, this week, you know, at least to me, not so much, in this uncooperative life of ours.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 04-24-2007 at 09:18 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #258
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
Wow! Cowboys may trade up
By MAC ENGEL
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

IRVING His Cowboys have peaked at mediocrity for more than a decade, so Jerry Jones has pondered, considered and re-evaluated the way he has done and does things with his football team.

The hiring of Bill Parcells as his coach was an obvious change of thinking. Now, Jones is considering something else: trading up in the draft, instead of the opposite.

In an effort to acquire the "wow" player he so desires, Jones would be willing to package something to move up, he said Monday.

"We do have our bases covered so if there were a player we could reach -- big if, big if -- that could come in and make the obvious impact, then that should be a consideration," Jones said Monday in a 60-minute session with the media.

Jones figures the only way to select a wow player -- of which he believes there are eight or nine in this draft -- he has to be around the top 10.

It's a drastic change of thought for Jones, who has practiced the art of trading down rather than up in recent drafts. Jones wants an impact player -- a starter -- in the first round, and, in his mind, the best way to grab such a player is to pick high.

"I'm looking at the possibility of, and probably more seriously considering it than I ever have, doing some bundling up and trading up," Jones said.

Jones said there are already two offers to trade out of the first round and receive a first-round pick next year.

But, if the Cowboys have a player they prefer and he's close, Jones sounds as if he would move up to draft him. There is precedent in the Jones' era Cowboys for such a move.

Jones and then coach Jimmy Johnson did it in 1990 when Florida running back Emmitt Smith began falling, and they sent a first-round pick (No. 21) and a third-rounder to Pittsburgh to take the NFL's eventual career leading rusher with the 17th pick. The Cowboys also traded up in 1991 (to take defensive tackle Russell Maryland at No. 1), '94 (defensive end Shante Carver at No. 23) and '97 (tight end David LaFleur at No. 22), but haven't done so since.

With 10 picks in this draft, Jones has quantity available to deal. But he does not want to mortgage anything from the 2008 picks to move up in 2007.

As to where he prefers the impact player play -- offense or defense -- he continues to lean toward the former.

"He needs to be someone that has something extra, and I think that, to some degree, receiver would fall there," Jones said, also mentioning cornerback and running back.

What are some possible scenarios for the "wow" player Jones desires?

Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson. Yes, the Cowboys already have Julius Jones and Marion Barber, but should Peterson fall, as expected, to the 10th spot, don't rule it out.

Wisconsin tackle Joe Thomas. O-lineman don't scream wow, but, with Flozell Adams possibly in his final season with the Cowboys, the pick might scream necessity.

Georgia Tech receiver Calvin Johnson. But Johnson is expected to be one of the top three picks, a price that Jones admits is too high.

Defensive backs LaRon Landry (LSU) or Leon Hall (Michigan). One might be the more likely scenario.

In any scenario, Jones is going to have to find the right partner. The days of trading Herschel Walker to Minnesota for a ton of draft picks are even older than the Cowboys' last Super Bowl trophy.

But, with a team settled with a starter at every major position except fullback, Jones wants a player who can start immediately and provide pop. If he can't find that, don't expect a deal.

Jones still wants a receiver, and, in his mind, he can find a good one in the first day of the draft. But only Johnson is considered to be the immediate dynamic receiving playmaker Jones covets.

"The record shows," Jones said, "that those real high picks have the better odds and usually have a bigger impact."

So it might be time to deal.
Mac Engel, 817-390-7760

considering the Cowboys really dont have any glaring needs..i say you trade up and get that n*gga Adrian Peterson...and ship off JuJones
 04-24-2007, 06:06 PM         #259
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaKidB.A.N.K.$ said:
Considering the Cowboys really dont have any glaring needs..i say you trade up and get that n*gga Adrian Peterson...and ship off JuJones
:applause: (I know my hopes are WAY up high) but :applause: that idea anyway!:D
 11 years ago '07        #260
gorilla_proof 
space
space
$300 | Props total: 0 0
 texasplayboy_23 said:
:applause: (I know my hopes are WAY up high) but :applause: that idea anyway!:D
i wouldnt say they dont have glaring needs when they really could use more help on the offensive line'

maybe looking for a QB in the 3rd round or 4th round wouldnt be a bad idea either' (tony romo scares me ) some games he looks like a good QB and some games he just looks lost'

he doesnt strike me as the type of QB that will mature if he's not pushed so draft a young guy maybe in the 1st day to send a message to him'

with the dept of WR's in this class its hard to overlook some of these guys that could come in and be stellar'

Johnnie Lee Higgins would be a great addition
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
173 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
73 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
197 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
The Overwatch Community Is fu-ked Up.
38 comments
18 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy