The Pittsburgh Steelers

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
138 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
86 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #141
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
 RediKnight said:
I agree that the Steelers are the best AFC team of those that played a preaseason game on Sunday.:rolleyes:
 10 years ago '06        #142
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,356 | Props total: 346 346
Steelers aren't even the best in their AFC North
 08-06-2007, 04:19 PM         #143
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HI HATERS!!! WELCOME BACK :D

Shout out to all the regs u know who u are.. couldnt be here when the game was on i wasnt by a computer.........BUT

hey Sonof504...u still fu*kin here?! u still fu*kin talkin! bOY! i thought ur a.ss would be long gone from this place by now.... sh*t i thought u was just sum loser lookin for attention wit one of ur 15 names on boxden... but i guess u really are just a proud homo.. football is a MANS sport NO HOMO'S...

utmost..i know u know about this fu*kin fruit cake

dont none of yall lets this f*g talk down to u.....if he talks sh*t... just call he a f*g...remind him of this n u dont have to say no more...

HAHAHA THE SAINTS GOT OWNED!!!

STEELERS >>>___(UR FAV TEAM)___

Last edited by flex001; 08-06-2007 at 04:26 PM..
 08-06-2007, 04:49 PM         #144
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

The Steelers opened the preseason and the Mike Tomlin era in an impressive fashion with a 20-7 win over the New Orleans Saints.

The Steelers put up 413 yards of offense, while the Saints managed just 214 yards, most of it coming in the second half with reserves in on both sides of the ball.

If there were any questions about the Steelers offense coming together with a new coordinator and an updated playbook, they were answered on the opening drive on Sunday night against the Saints.

The Steelers starting offense came out and performed to near perfection on the opening drive. Ben Roethlisberger completed his first pass of the game for 55-yards to Cedrick Wilson. Roethlisberger came back to Wilson for an 18-yard completion to the Saints four-yard line.

"It's hard to find a rhythm so early," said Roethlisberger of the connection to Wilson. "The second play of the game was designed for him and pretty much only him so it was open and I threw it deep to him. The next one to Ced I was just trying to find the open guy."

Wilson, who finished the first half with four catches for 99 yards, had made a plea for getting the ball earlier in the week after practice and his plea must have been heard.

"He came up to me at practice this week and told me he was going to be looking for me," said Wilson of Roethlisberger. "I appreciate that and can be thankful for that. I just want to go out and make plays for him and make sure he is one of the best quarterbacks in the league."

Najeh Davenport, who started the game for Willie Parker, carried the load early and took his third carry of the game into the end zone for a four-yard touchdown to give the Steelers an early 7-0 lead.

Charlie Batch came in on the second drive of the game and played for two series, completing four of six passes for 51 yards and looking solid.

Before the first quarter came to an end the Steelers saw their third quarterback with Brian St. Pierre taking over the reins. St. Pierre engineered a scoring drive of his own, hitting Santonio Holmes deep for 41 yards to the Saints seven-yard line and then finding Holmes on a perfect pass for a three-yard touchdown.

Jeff Reed added a 28-yard field goal to give the Steelers a 17-0 lead at the half.

The Steelers managed to put rack up 305 yards in the first half alone, 205 of them in the air and 100 on the ground. Much of the ground attack came from first-year running back Carey Davis, who carried the ball six times for 67 yards in the half, including breaking free and shedding tackles for a 56-yard gain. Davis also had two catches for 32 yards in the half, putting on a good show as he is battling for a roster spot.

It wasn't just the offense that shone in the first half though. The Steelers defense didn't allow the Saints first-team offense to put any points on the board, something that they took pride in.

"That is our whole mindset to hold them scoreless," said linebacker Larry Foote of the Saints starting offense. "They are a great offense so we knew it would be a good challenge for us. We're pumped up. They put some points up against us last year (in the regular season) and anytime you hold that first-team offense scoreless, you did a pretty good job."

The defense was swarming, holding the explosive Saints offense to just 56 yards and two first downs in the first half, and shutting them down 0-6 on third-down conversions.

"I really think we came out and had a good showing but we still have a lot to improve on," said defensive end Aaron Smith. "We will have to watch the film and see what mistakes we made and get better."

The Saints came out in the second half with Jason Fife at quarterback and he engineered the team's best drive of the night. Running back Antonio Pittman got the call on the ground, while Fife connected with Kevin Dudley for 14 yards and Terrance Cooper for an 18-yard completion. Fife finished off the 16-play, 72-yard drive with a one-yard touchdown pass to Dudley to get the Saints on the board, 17-7.

St. Pierre remained in the game at quarterback for the first drive of the second half, but relied mainly on his ground game in the drive, except for a 26-yard completion to Walter Young. Kevan Barlow combined with Davis and free agent rookie Gary Russell to carry the load. Russell responded with four carries for 22 yards on the drive, which ended with a 39-yard field goal by Reed to extend the Steelers lead to 20-7.

SCORING SUMMARY
1ST QUARTER
TD Najeh Davenport, 4 Yd run (Jeff Reed kick is good), 12:02. Drive: 6 plays, 80 yards in 2:58.
2ND QUARTER
TD Santonio Holmes, 3 Yd pass from Brian St. Pierre (Jeff Reed kick is good), 8:54. Drive: 6 plays, 66 yards in 3:05.
FG Jeff Reed 28 Yd, 5:06. Drive: 6 plays, 60 yards in 2:44.
3RD QUARTER
TD Kevin Dudley, 1 Yd pass from Jason Fife (Brett Bergstrom kick is good), 7:06. Drive: 16 plays, 72 yards in 7:54.
FG Jeff Reed 39 Yd, 0:00. Drive: 13 plays, 44 yards in 7:06.
4TH QUARTER
 08-06-2007, 04:58 PM         #145
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Troy Polamalu checks out the Hall of Fame displays.

[pic - click to view]

Defensive Coordinator d*ck LeBeau with members of the defense wearing his NFL jersey, hoping that LeBeau eventually makes it to the Hall.

[pic - click to view]

Pittsburgh Steelers' Najeh Davenport (44) celebrates after scoring a touchdown against the New Orleans Saints early in the first quarter.

[pic - click to view]

08-07-2007, 06:36 PM         #146
deboj2000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you guy's are sorry i hate you guy's
 08-07-2007, 07:04 PM         #147
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deboj2000 said:
you guy's are sorry i hate you guy's
we hate u too
*hate givin*:finger:
 10 years ago '05        #148
thegame23 
space
space
space
$156 | Props total: 0 0
Look how quickly all the haters started getting scared already. I mean we only played one pre-season game and already the haters are coming out because they seen the Hall of Fame game on Sunday and got scared. Just keep on hatin' cuz if u ain't got no haters then you ain't doin' something right
 10 years ago '06        #149
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
steelers will get to 11-5 or 12-4 this year no doubt

last year watching the steelers was one of the most painful things...stupid dumb turnovers k!lled their whole season. and then big ben joined the party and started sh*tting it up. it was the first year i was genuinely surprised that a team i thought was playoff bound 100%, really shocked me and played so damn poorly. even their defense wasnt on point. they got passed on relentlessly...even when i had so much faith in that defense.

but i def think last year was just a fluke...the first half of the season the steelers didnt even give themselves a chance, losing games not cuz they got ouplayed, but cuz they gave the ball to the other team way too often. this year it wont happen again. who knows maybe santonio holmes can field a punt properly too
 10 years ago '05        #150
thegame23 
space
space
space
$156 | Props total: 0 0
 SHootar said:
steelers will get to 11-5 or 12-4 this year no doubt

last year watching the steelers was one of the most painful things...stupid dumb turnovers k!lled their whole season. and then big ben joined the party and started sh*tting it up. it was the first year i was genuinely surprised that a team i thought was playoff bound 100%, really shocked me and played so damn poorly. even their defense wasnt on point. they got passed on relentlessly...even when i had so much faith in that defense.

but i def think last year was just a fluke...the first half of the season the steelers didnt even give themselves a chance, losing games not cuz they got ouplayed, but cuz they gave the ball to the other team way too often. this year it wont happen again. who knows maybe santonio holmes can field a punt properly too

I don't think you'll have to worry too much about Santonio Holmes fielding a punt properly because he isn't going to be returning punts this year. They switched over to Willie Reid as the punt returner last year, but he quickly got injured and was out for the season. I'm pretty sure he will be returning punts again this year. Thats the way it looked from the game on Sunday as well.
 10 years ago '04        #151
thewaitisover 
space
space
space
$704 | Props total: 11 11
are we forgetting...they played the SAINTS..the saints people..
 10 years ago '06        #152
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
 thegame23 said:
I don't think you'll have to worry too much about Santonio Holmes fielding a punt properly because he isn't going to be returning punts this year. They switched over to Willie Reid as the punt returner last year, but he quickly got injured and was out for the season. I'm pretty sure he will be returning punts again this year. Thats the way it looked from the game on Sunday as well.
keep in mind santonio isnt completely healthy right now...so i wouldn't necessarily go off of sundays game. but i hope ur right. he was a mess last year feilding punts, and now that hes a pretty important part of the offense...i'd rather now see him back there anyhow.
 08-08-2007, 03:02 PM         #153
Elmalo17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TuffyNuttz said:
I Bleed Black and Gold till the day i die!!!!
SAME HERE!!!
 08-08-2007, 05:50 PM         #154
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

The Steeler Nation was officially introduced to its newest member today when the team announced the name of its new mascot at the club's training camp at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, Pa.

Steely McBeam was the winning entry among more than 70,000 names submitted by Steelers fans around the world. He is a contemporized version of the former Steelers logo, a steelworker, representing Pittsburgh's rich history in the steel industry. The logo was used during the 1950s and '60s.

"We're excited to announce 'Steely McBeam' as the name of our new team mascot," said Steelers President Art Rooney II. "It was a difficult decision and we received many deserving entries, but we expect him to be a favorite among our youngest fans."

Steely McBeam will regularly participate in the team's many charitable programs and other club-sponsored events. He will also be visible throughout Heinz Field during Steelers games.

The winning entry was submitted by Diane Roles of Valencia, Pa. She will receive a VIP package for four to the Steelers' Sept. 16 home opener against the Buffalo Bills, including premium seating and pre-game hospitality. She will also receive an authentic Steelers throwback helmet and jersey just like the one that will be worn by the team that day.

The Steelers kicked-off a "Name the Mascot" contest sponsored by Cricket this past April. Fans were able to send in nominations by logging onto the team's official website, , or by going to .

The Steelers last had a mascot, Stevie Steeler, from the mid-1980's to mid-'90s.

The introduction of Steely McBeam is one of many events scheduled this year as the Steelers celebrate their 75th season. The team will wear throwback uniforms on Sept. 16 against Buffalo and again during a Monday Night contest against the division-rival Baltimore Ravens on Nov. 5.

The Steelers will dedicate an historical marker to Three Rivers Stadium this fall, and name their All-Time and Legends teams. The All-Time Team will be honored during the club's 75th Anniversary Gala on Nov. 4 at the Pittsburgh Convention Center as well as during halftime of the Nov. 5 game against Baltimore.

Steely McBeam :banghead:

Last edited by flex001; 08-08-2007 at 05:52 PM..
 08-08-2007, 06:30 PM         #155
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[S]WHO AM I MISSING?[/S]*Looks at sig*
 10 years ago '06        #156
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
 flex001 said:
i'd like to let my ppl know now that i'm not a true diehard steelers fan. cuz i will not stick with the team regardless. BUT i watch all their games (as long as i got nfl ticket) and they been my fav team for a few years cuz of the system and players they have in place. but when these players leave, i cannot guarantee my fanmenship will stay lol.

but as long as i dont claim i'm a diehard i think i'm fine...they still my team in this era anyway
 08-08-2007, 07:32 PM         #157
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHootar said:
i'd like to let my ppl know now that i'm not a true diehard steelers fan. cuz i will not stick with the team regardless. BUT i watch all their games (as long as i got nfl ticket) and they been my fav team for a few years cuz of the system and players they have in place. but when these players leave, i cannot guarantee my fanmenship will stay lol.

but as long as i dont claim i'm a diehard i think i'm fine...they still my team in this era anyway
well as long as u hold us down we'll hold u down.. but if u cant guarantee ur fanmenship...i gotta remove ur name from the list....unless u also put the steeler nation sig in urs...on that note..

All steelers fans plz copy my sig and put it in urs except tha part about pm'n me..unless u put pm flex001.. and if ur name is not there tell me.. i will put it in mine.. and u would add ur name to ur own sig... who's with the BX STEELER NATION MOVEMENT?

Last edited by flex001; 08-09-2007 at 03:47 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #158
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
 flex001 said:
props for originality...but
 08-08-2007, 07:41 PM         #159
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ben Roethlisberger was limping toward the end of practice Wednesday after a teammate stepped on his left foot. Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin didn't seem worried about his quarterback.

"I'm sure he's fine," Tomlin said.

The Steelers didn't offer any more information, and they didn't appear concerned that Roethlisberger would be limited during practice Thursday or might not play in Saturday's exhibition game against Green Bay. Roethlisberger usually ends practice by signing autographs and chatting with fans, but he left the field immediately in a cart — apparently to have the foot checked.

Chukky Okobi, competing at center with former Tampa Bay lineman Sean Mahan, dropped to the turf in pain with an apparent back injury several minutes after Roethlisberger did. The team did not say if Okobi was injured.

"He went down with a lot of pain and discomfort but I don't expect anything long term," Tomlin said.

Two regulars, running back Willie Parker (knee) and guard Alan Faneca (shoulder), were held out and apparently won't play Saturday. Parker also missed Sunday's 20-7 preseason victory against New Orleans, when Faneca's shoulder injury occurred.

"Willie has inflammation of the knee, and usually that takes 10 to 14 days and we're about 11 to 12 days into it now, so we're coming toward the end," Tomlin said. "Alan's in a similar situation with his shoulder, and we'll give him a few days to see if that thing calms down and we'll take it day by day."

Last edited by flex001; 08-08-2007 at 07:44 PM..
 08-09-2007, 04:11 PM         #160
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
where are yall n*ggas at? Flip? krieger? utmost? wtf!?
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago