The Pittsburgh Steelers

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

08-01-2007, 09:08 PM         #126
precessionpower  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It was nice seeing them in Fremont California last year when they played the sorry a.ss Raiders. I seen all of them. Got To me Mr Rooney and talk to him for a quick minute. All the new guys came back late from the strip clubs. The limo driver was taking out bottles of drank and hella Hyphy Juice cans. Guess that why they lost.

08-02-2007, 03:35 PM         #127
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 precessionpower said
It was nice seeing them in Fremont California last year when they played the sorry a.ss Raiders. I seen all of them. Got To me Mr Rooney and talk to him for a quick minute. All the new guys came back late from the strip clubs. The limo driver was taking out bottles of drank and hella Hyphy Juice cans. Guess that why they lost.

08-03-2007, 03:58 PM         #128
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SmokeyTheBlunt said
............ Ben seems MOTIVATED like motherfu*ker from the couple of interviews Ive seen lately. and Im hyped about how different the O is going to look, I think a more balanced game plan is going to turn out to be good look. only thing Im worried about is that fu*king mascot we've adopted
yeah at 1st i really didnt mind.. but really whats the point of him... to make it funner for lil kids? fu*k that!
we grown...when we go to a steeler game we go to get drunk and loud have good time..(maybe even fu*k up a browns fan or 2) we dont need no fu*kin mascot to be jumpin around like an idoit unless he be fu*kin wit the other team.... if anything i think just like everyone else we should have got cheerleaders i mean come on thats a hell of alot better to look at..and if anything would make me wanna go to a game more it would be to see the cheerleaders not a fu*kin mascot..i mean we pertty much sell out every game so wtf.. no need for a mascot give up cheerleaders!:D

08-04-2007, 03:05 AM         #129
EMS the God  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol that gay a.ss mascot, i submitted a few names for the naming competition, i doubt i got it, most of mine were jokes anyways

i cant wait for the season, i am goin to the studio on the day of the hall of fame game and have a show during the packers joint so i'll be missing them, but it aint a thang...

will santonio get a g?

11 years ago '05        #130
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,458 | Props total: 436 436
ay what time the game come on? Does it come on today 7/5/07 not a fan but I'm tired of these Roky reruns lol

Last edited by Jaiden05; 08-04-2007 at 08:19 PM..

11 years ago '05        #131
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,565 | Props total: 156 156
sorry aint been able to hit y'all with any news as of late cause probably like most of u i havent been on here for a few days...y'all now the deal anyway though

so tomlin era starts tonight...any predictions?

*to EMS* yea i see holmes hittin 900+ yards...i think he'll get the ball a bit more then ward at the start of the season...i dunno why though but its just a hunch

11 years ago '06        #132
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 3603 3603
I really can't wait for the reg season, but this will suffice.

08-05-2007, 07:28 PM         #133
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aw whats up everyone. It all starts back up again tonight

11 years ago '06        #134
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 3603 3603
 Krieger08 said
Aw whats up everyone. It all starts back up again tonight
All the Stiller regulars are coming out...Sup Krieger.

08-05-2007, 10:34 PM         #135
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whats going on flip. Its that time again lol

11 years ago '04        #136
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,537 | Props total: 38 38
Even though this was a preseason game, it was a statement... Tomlin, you've already earned my respect.

11 years ago '07        #137
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,035 | Props total: 217 217
Yeah ya'll came nice tonight.. I think Tomlin was trying to make a statement

Man I wish the season would start

11 years ago '05        #138
thegame23 
space
space
space
$156 | Props total: 0 0
The boys looked good!!! Offense was impressive and so was the Defense. I like how they are playing for Tomlin....very physical.

Standouts::applause:
Carey Davis--Jerome Bettis Jr.---I was really impressed with this kid. He really did look like Jerome Bettis Jr.....let's just see if he can keep it up and steal a RB spot maybe.

William Gay--Looked impressive. Big hits and of course he had the interception of Tyler Palko (which is actually the reason the Steelers looked at Gay was from an interception he had of Palko during the college football season when Louisville played Pitt.)

Not So Impressive:
Nate Washington--Couldn't catch a pass lastnite if his life depended on it. Seems to me he was having trouble holding onto the ball last year as well...could we be seeing the last of Nate??? Walter Young looks pretty good.

I can't wait to hear everyone else's thoughts on the first preseason game and the new era of Mike Tomlin for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

11 years ago '04        #139
likwitcrewmembe 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,668 | Props total: 34 34
they are 1-0 :) jk they did play pretty well last night though

08-06-2007, 01:11 PM         #140
RediKnight  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree that the Steelers are the best AFC team of those that played a preaseason game on Sunday.:rolleyes:

11 years ago '04        #141
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,169 | Props total: 1 1
 RediKnight said
I agree that the Steelers are the best AFC team of those that played a preaseason game on Sunday.:rolleyes:

11 years ago '06        #142
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,411 | Props total: 569 569
Steelers aren't even the best in their AFC North

08-06-2007, 04:19 PM         #143
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HI HATERS!!! WELCOME BACK :D

Shout out to all the regs u know who u are.. couldnt be here when the game was on i wasnt by a computer.........BUT

hey Sonof504...u still fu*kin here?! u still fu*kin talkin! bOY! i thought ur a.ss would be long gone from this place by now.... sh*t i thought u was just sum loser lookin for attention wit one of ur 15 names on boxden... but i guess u really are just a proud homo.. football is a MANS sport NO HOMO'S...

utmost..i know u know about this fu*kin fruit cake

dont none of yall lets this f*g talk down to u.....if he talks sh*t... just call he a f*g...remind him of this n u dont have to say no more...

HAHAHA THE SAINTS GOT OWNED!!!

STEELERS >>>___(UR FAV TEAM)___

Last edited by flex001; 08-06-2007 at 04:26 PM..

08-06-2007, 04:49 PM         #144
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

The Steelers opened the preseason and the Mike Tomlin era in an impressive fashion with a 20-7 win over the New Orleans Saints.

The Steelers put up 413 yards of offense, while the Saints managed just 214 yards, most of it coming in the second half with reserves in on both sides of the ball.

If there were any questions about the Steelers offense coming together with a new coordinator and an updated playbook, they were answered on the opening drive on Sunday night against the Saints.

The Steelers starting offense came out and performed to near perfection on the opening drive. Ben Roethlisberger completed his first pass of the game for 55-yards to Cedrick Wilson. Roethlisberger came back to Wilson for an 18-yard completion to the Saints four-yard line.

"It's hard to find a rhythm so early," said Roethlisberger of the connection to Wilson. "The second play of the game was designed for him and pretty much only him so it was open and I threw it deep to him. The next one to Ced I was just trying to find the open guy."

Wilson, who finished the first half with four catches for 99 yards, had made a plea for getting the ball earlier in the week after practice and his plea must have been heard.

"He came up to me at practice this week and told me he was going to be looking for me," said Wilson of Roethlisberger. "I appreciate that and can be thankful for that. I just want to go out and make plays for him and make sure he is one of the best quarterbacks in the league."

Najeh Davenport, who started the game for Willie Parker, carried the load early and took his third carry of the game into the end zone for a four-yard touchdown to give the Steelers an early 7-0 lead.

Charlie Batch came in on the second drive of the game and played for two series, completing four of six passes for 51 yards and looking solid.

Before the first quarter came to an end the Steelers saw their third quarterback with Brian St. Pierre taking over the reins. St. Pierre engineered a scoring drive of his own, hitting Santonio Holmes deep for 41 yards to the Saints seven-yard line and then finding Holmes on a perfect pass for a three-yard touchdown.

Jeff Reed added a 28-yard field goal to give the Steelers a 17-0 lead at the half.

The Steelers managed to put rack up 305 yards in the first half alone, 205 of them in the air and 100 on the ground. Much of the ground attack came from first-year running back Carey Davis, who carried the ball six times for 67 yards in the half, including breaking free and shedding tackles for a 56-yard gain. Davis also had two catches for 32 yards in the half, putting on a good show as he is battling for a roster spot.

It wasn't just the offense that shone in the first half though. The Steelers defense didn't allow the Saints first-team offense to put any points on the board, something that they took pride in.

"That is our whole mindset to hold them scoreless," said linebacker Larry Foote of the Saints starting offense. "They are a great offense so we knew it would be a good challenge for us. We're pumped up. They put some points up against us last year (in the regular season) and anytime you hold that first-team offense scoreless, you did a pretty good job."

The defense was swarming, holding the explosive Saints offense to just 56 yards and two first downs in the first half, and shutting them down 0-6 on third-down conversions.

"I really think we came out and had a good showing but we still have a lot to improve on," said defensive end Aaron Smith. "We will have to watch the film and see what mistakes we made and get better."

The Saints came out in the second half with Jason Fife at quarterback and he engineered the team's best drive of the night. Running back Antonio Pittman got the call on the ground, while Fife connected with Kevin Dudley for 14 yards and Terrance Cooper for an 18-yard completion. Fife finished off the 16-play, 72-yard drive with a one-yard touchdown pass to Dudley to get the Saints on the board, 17-7.

St. Pierre remained in the game at quarterback for the first drive of the second half, but relied mainly on his ground game in the drive, except for a 26-yard completion to Walter Young. Kevan Barlow combined with Davis and free agent rookie Gary Russell to carry the load. Russell responded with four carries for 22 yards on the drive, which ended with a 39-yard field goal by Reed to extend the Steelers lead to 20-7.

SCORING SUMMARY
1ST QUARTER
TD Najeh Davenport, 4 Yd run (Jeff Reed kick is good), 12:02. Drive: 6 plays, 80 yards in 2:58.
2ND QUARTER
TD Santonio Holmes, 3 Yd pass from Brian St. Pierre (Jeff Reed kick is good), 8:54. Drive: 6 plays, 66 yards in 3:05.
FG Jeff Reed 28 Yd, 5:06. Drive: 6 plays, 60 yards in 2:44.
3RD QUARTER
TD Kevin Dudley, 1 Yd pass from Jason Fife (Brett Bergstrom kick is good), 7:06. Drive: 16 plays, 72 yards in 7:54.
FG Jeff Reed 39 Yd, 0:00. Drive: 13 plays, 44 yards in 7:06.
4TH QUARTER

08-06-2007, 04:58 PM         #145
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Troy Polamalu checks out the Hall of Fame displays.

[pic - click to view]

Defensive Coordinator d*ck LeBeau with members of the defense wearing his NFL jersey, hoping that LeBeau eventually makes it to the Hall.

[pic - click to view]

Pittsburgh Steelers' Najeh Davenport (44) celebrates after scoring a touchdown against the New Orleans Saints early in the first quarter.

[pic - click to view]

08-07-2007, 06:36 PM         #146
deboj2000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you guy's are sorry i hate you guy's

08-07-2007, 07:04 PM         #147
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deboj2000 said
you guy's are sorry i hate you guy's
we hate u too
*hate givin*:finger:

11 years ago '05        #148
thegame23 
space
space
space
Look how quickly all the haters started getting scared already. I mean we only played one pre-season game and already the haters are coming out because they seen the Hall of Fame game on Sunday and got scared. Just keep on hatin' cuz if u ain't got no haters then you ain't doin' something right

11 years ago '06        #149
SHootar 52 heat pts52
space
space
$22,673 | Props total: 2549 2549
steelers will get to 11-5 or 12-4 this year no doubt

last year watching the steelers was one of the most painful things...stupid dumb turnovers k!lled their whole season. and then big ben joined the party and started sh*tting it up. it was the first year i was genuinely surprised that a team i thought was playoff bound 100%, really shocked me and played so damn poorly. even their defense wasnt on point. they got passed on relentlessly...even when i had so much faith in that defense.

but i def think last year was just a fluke...the first half of the season the steelers didnt even give themselves a chance, losing games not cuz they got ouplayed, but cuz they gave the ball to the other team way too often. this year it wont happen again. who knows maybe santonio holmes can field a punt properly too

11 years ago '05        #150
thegame23 
space
space
space
 SHootar said
steelers will get to 11-5 or 12-4 this year no doubt

last year watching the steelers was one of the most painful things...stupid dumb turnovers k!lled their whole season. and then big ben joined the party and started sh*tting it up. it was the first year i was genuinely surprised that a team i thought was playoff bound 100%, really shocked me and played so damn poorly. even their defense wasnt on point. they got passed on relentlessly...even when i had so much faith in that defense.

but i def think last year was just a fluke...the first half of the season the steelers didnt even give themselves a chance, losing games not cuz they got ouplayed, but cuz they gave the ball to the other team way too often. this year it wont happen again. who knows maybe santonio holmes can field a punt properly too

I don't think you'll have to worry too much about Santonio Holmes fielding a punt properly because he isn't going to be returning punts this year. They switched over to Willie Reid as the punt returner last year, but he quickly got injured and was out for the season. I'm pretty sure he will be returning punts again this year. Thats the way it looked from the game on Sunday as well.

Home      

most viewed right now
+35online now  37
Florence, SC: Routine Traffic Stop Ends With Officers Discovering Bag Of Human..
117 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  28
Video inside She wanted to lie but ....
31 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-70online now  25
Rap legend DJ Quik Broke & forced to do local news to make $$$. Talks Offset C..
39 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-56online now  12
NFL Bears player proposes to GF...old tweets surface (I Promise Dis Tea Delici..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+102online now  10
Image(s) inside Slim with a cake
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+62online now  9
Video inside So Basically Gucci Mane Confirmed Niggas Don't fu-k With Eminem Like Th..
805 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Article inside Only one greatest of all time T.V. series can exist
52 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+30online now  8
NBA With rumors of Brandon Ingram getting traded... he posts cryptic message o..
99 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy