The Pittsburgh Steelers

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
77 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #741
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,656 | Props total: 2345 2345
Haven't checked in for a while. You know what it is though. I'm going to Hooters with my boss next week for the Steeler game. I'll enjoy my free wings & brewskis to the fullest. Can't wait to hear the goofy Dallas fans all week talking that yang. Going to bed now. Gotta be up for work, but it's a lil easier to get going on Monday morning coming off that type of destruction.
 12-01-2008, 10:28 AM         #742
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If mr.yumflip wouldnt of popped up it, i was gonna have to agreee w/ ya.. it has been a min since there has been other fans postin in here.. i dont even see my lil bro postin in here any more. He was always puttin sh*t up.

Ne ways.. What a fu*kin game! To think i was a lil worried.. we fu*kin crushed the pats! they jus kept given us the ball and we kept takin it to the house!!!! I went to this sports bar w/ my fiaence and his 2 buddys came, his one buddy is a huge steeler fan too. Theres always fans from all the teams playin at that time cuz its fu*kin Ny and the bar got the NFL ticket <3 Hence the reason we be goin there for games sometimes, so i always got it hard when we go lol. there were a few pats fans n they tried jus like the pats lmao. But it was kinda cool cuz it made me feel a lil at home w/ all the steelers fans there. In the burgh there aint anybody else cheerin the other team on tho lol. And we get loud and drunk during games and it was nice to do that exact thing w/ other ppl join'n in. And what a fu*kin game! Hell yea to our D!!! I hope was have a repeat proformace next week fu*k them cowboys.
 12-01-2008, 10:55 PM         #743
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont have time for other teams, i jus make sure i stop by the steelers thread =)
 12-07-2008, 02:36 PM         #744
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
STEELERS vs COWBOYS
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2008
KICKOFF -- 4:15 P.M.

Steelers (9-3) vs. Cowboys (8-4)

Pittsburgh Steelers (9-3) vs. Dallas Cowboys (8-4)
Date: Sunday, Dec. 7, 2008
Kickoff: 4:15 p.m. (ET)
Site: Heinz Field (65,050) • Pittsburgh, Pa.
Playing Surface: Grass/DD Grassmaster
TV Coverage: FOX (locally WPGH-TV, channel 53)
Announcers: Joe Buck (play-by-play) Troy Aikman (color analyst) Pam Oliver (sideline)
Local Radio: Steelers Radio Network WDVE-FM (102.5)/WBGG-AM (970)
Announcers: Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play) Tunch Ilkin (color analyst) Craig Wolfley (sideline)

A Look at the Coaches

Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin
Overall Regular-season Record: 19-9 (.679)/second season
Regular-season Record at Pittsburgh: 19-9 (.679)/second season
Playoff Record/Years: 0-1/one year

Dallas Cowboys Head Coach Wade Phillips
Overall Regular-season Record: 69-46 (.600)/ninth season
Regular-season Record at Dallas: 21-7 (.750)/second season
Playoff Record/Years: 0-4/four years

Series History

Series History: Series began in 1960
Overall: Dallas leads 14-12
At Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh leads 7-6
At Dallas: Dallas leads 8-5
Neutral Sites: n/a
Last Regular-Season Meeting: Oct. 17, 2004 (in Dallas) Pittsburgh 34, Dallas 20
Postseason Series: Pittsburgh leads 2-1
(postseason record not included in overall series record)
Pittsburgh owns a 12-14 all-time record against the Dallas Cowboys in the regular season and a 2-1 mark in the postseason...Pittsburgh won the most recent matchup between the two teams on Oct. 17, 2004 (24-20) in Dallas as Steelers’ LB James Farrior forced a fumble by Dallas QB Vinny Testaverde that was recovered by DE Kimo von Oelhoffen, setting up the game-winning two-yard TD run by RB Jerome Bettis with 30 seconds left to play...prior to that win the Steelers had lost four straight to Dallas dating back to a 24-21 win on Sept. 4, 1988 at Three Rivers Stadium...the victory also snapped the Steelers’ two game losing streak in Dallas dating back to a 36-28 victory on Sept. 13, 1982...Pittsburgh is currently on a two-game home losing streak to Dallas, with the Steelers last win in Pittsburgh occurring in that 1988 contest...these two teams have met three times in Super Bowls, with Pittsburgh winning 21-17 on Jan. 18, 1976 in Super Bowl X; Pittsburgh also won 35-31 in Super Bowl XIII on Jan. 21, 1979; Dallas got revenge on Jan. 28, 1996 when they defeated the Steelers 27-17 in Super Bowl x*x...Mike Tomlin has never faced the Cowboys as a head coach.

Steelers-Cowboys Connections

Steelers-Cowboys Connections: Several Steelers have ties to Dallas and the Cowboys. Steelers defensive backs coach Ray Horton played for the Cowboys from 1989-92 and was a member of the team’s Super Bowl XXVII championship squad. DT Casey Hampton is from Texas (Galveston) and played at the University of Texas along with WR Limas Sweed (Brenham, Texas) and OT Tony Hills. LB Patrick Bailey is from Elmendorf, Texas and LB Bruce Davis hails from Houston. LS Jared Retkofsky played at TCU and is from Justin, Texas.

What To Look For

PITTSBURGH TEAM NOTES

• The Steelers look to improve to 13-14 all-time against the Cowboys in the regular season.
• The Steelers look for their first win at Heinz Field against Dallas and their first win in Pittsburgh in the series since a 24-21 victory in 1988.
• The Steelers are looking for their second straight win in the series.
• The Steelers look to improve to 2-2 against NFC opponents this year.
• The Steelers look to improve to 8-6 home in the all-time regular season series.
• The Steelers look to improve to 5-2 on the road this year.
• The Steelers need two victories to become the first AFC team to reach 550 total victories. Pittsburgh’s all-time record is 548-519-21.

PITTSBURGH INDIVIDUAL NOTES

QB Ben Roethlisberger
• Needs one more victory as a starting quarterback to break the NFL’s all-time record for wins by a quarterback in his first five seasons in the league. He currently has 48 career wins and is tied with Otto Graham, Dan Marino and Tom Brady.
• Needs 588 passing yards to become the first Steelers’ quarterback with three straight 3,000-yard seasons. QB Terry Bradshaw had two consecutive such seasons in 1979-80.
• Needs three touchdown passes to become just the second quarterback in team history to throw 100 career touchdown passes (Terry Bradshaw - 212). Roethlisberger currently has 97 career touchdown passes.
• Needs one 300-yard passing game to move into sole possession of first place on the team’s all-time list ahead of Tommy Maddox. Roethlisberger currently has six.

WR Hines Ward
• Needs 78 yards from scrimmage to reach 10,000 total yards for his career. He currently has 9,922 total yards from scrimmage (9,492 receiving, 430 rushing).
• Needs 22 receptions for 800 in his career
RB Willie Parker
• Needs one rushing touchdown to move into sole possession of eighth place for rushing touchdowns on the team’s all-time list with Rocky Bleier. Parker currently has 23 rushing touchdowns.

TE Heath Miller
• Needs one touchdown reception to pass Bennie Cunningham (20) for third on team’s all-time touchdowns list for a tight end. Miller currently has 20 receiving touchdowns.

K Jeff Reed
• Needs 23 points to surpass Roy Gerela for second place on the team’s all-time scoring list. He currently has 709 career points while Gerela finished with 731 career points.

LB James Harrison
• Needs 1.5 sacks to break the team’s single-season sacks’ record set by Mike Merriweather in 1987. Harrison currently has 14 sacks in 2008 while Merriweather finished with 15 in 1984.
 9 years ago '06        #745
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,656 | Props total: 2345 2345
This is the best Stiller D I've ever seen. Never saw the true Steel Curtain, so for me, this is it. Their performance tonight was unreal. Physically it was impressive, but moreso mentally. They never budged. Even after bad plays. The Baltimore game will be on some Civil War shiit. Bodies all over the place. That game ain't gonna be for the weak stomached.
 9 years ago '05        #746
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,918 | Props total: 1489 1489
Yeah this sh*t incredbile man our D is making history. Its like when those broadcasters refer to D's throughout the first merger it used to be about old teams, this year might be the best in NFL history, harrison, polamalu,hampton,clark,woodley our whole secondary from LBs to cbs to safetys to the d line each is great in its own respect. WE gonna be the new D to talk about screw all that old sh*t THE STEEL CURTAIN IS BACK!!:agreement6:

oh yeah anyone see them bubble jackets tomlin and other coach was wearing fat one wade phillipips? who saw that ? sh*ts was fresh

Last edited by Woodwin; 12-08-2008 at 07:08 PM..
 12-08-2008, 09:38 PM         #747
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
..........our d has been carryin us the whole season. loved seein that w over dallas, i cant stand dallas..or neil o donald..i hate to even utter the name lol
 12-10-2008, 07:45 PM         #748
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ravens’ week needs no other hype
Wednesday, December 10, 2008

By BOB LABRIOLA
Steelers.com
Trap games. Letdowns. Sandwich games. Goalpost games. All are interesting concepts, but none of them apply here.

There’s really no danger of any of that when a team goes from playing in New England to hosting Dallas to playing in Baltimore to playing in Tennessee. The Steelers’ 2008 schedule is the toughest in football, and their December might be the most physically demanding in league history.

The Steelers have won four in a row to raise their record to 10-3, but the state of the league is such that even though a victory over the Ravens would clinch the AFC North Division title and a first-round bye in the playoffs, it’s also possible the Steelers could be shut out of one of the conference’s six playoff spots when the regular season concludes on Dec. 28.

It’s still that wide open, and so Coach Mike Tomlin doesn’t anticipate any difficulty when it comes to holding his team’s attention through the rest of this month.

“The quality opponents that we have had to face week in and week out has helped our team more than anything,” said Tomlin. “When you are in the five-star matchup of the week just about every week, that gets your attention, keeps you on edge. Thankfully, through it all, we have had an opportunity to be successful for the most part.

“What the Ravens 9-4 record does for us this week is that it helps us from that standpoint again. I don’t anticipate having any trouble getting the players’ attention (Wednesday) morning at 9 a.m. when we start introducing the Baltimore Ravens.”

There is a familiarity based on the home-and-home annual series that’s a part of sharing the same division, but the Steelers can expect a different Ravens team from the one they edged in overtime back on Sept. 29. And if part of that difference comes from Baltimore’s quarterback having an additional 10 games of professional experience, another part comes from the home-and-home annual series that’s a part of sharing the same division. In games against quality opposition, it’s adjust, or suffer the consequences.

“We have a veteran football team that’s humble and grounded through all of this. I think that’s a key component,” said Tomlin. “That’s one of the things that I am excited about. Again, the fact that we have to play quality people week in and week out helps big-time in that regard.

“You don’t have time to pat yourself on the back over big victories. The next challenge is waiting for you. The same can be said with the victory that we had last Sunday. About 10 minutes after we got into that locker room (after beating the Cowboys), everybody was aware of who we play this week.”

Certainly, the “who” is always important when going against the Ravens, but this season the “where” is also important. The only team to go to M&T Bank Stadium in 2008 and defeat the Ravens is Tennessee, and the Titans are 11-1.

But the road has been a friendly place for many of the core players still on this Steelers team. In 2005, they won three AFC playoff games on the road before taking out the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL, and so far this season they are 5-1 away from Heinz Field, with the only loss coming to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sept. 21.

“(Winning on the road) was really one of the things that we spent some time talking about in the offseason,” said Tomlin. “If we wanted to be one of those teams that are vying for the Lombardi (Trophy), we have to be capable of winning in all environments in different circumstances under game locations, and game times.

“I did point out (to the team) that last year’s champions, the New York Giants, were 7-1 in 2007 on the road. I just think that’s a sign of great teams. Great teams are capable of winning in hostile environments. But in terms of how we are preparing, nothing has changed.”
 12-11-2008, 06:22 AM         #749
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
for the record i think tomlin is a good coach and are o line can only do so much yes there not that great but there not makin the right adjustments sumtimes i blame arians notice we dont move the ball that well wen he is callin the plays but wen ben gets in the no huddle n he calls the plays we move the ball well somethings not right n we need to fix it.. lucky for us we got the #1 d in the nfl n they can honesty win a game for us wit our offense not even scoring.. defense win championships... tha b-more game is gonna b bananas.. as long as are o line dose there job we'll win n after that we'll win our division then if they was smart they will take ben out till the playoffs no need to keep him in n risk him gettin hurt.. gray colman will do fine he's been great ever time we put him in. he has even been able to move the ball down field wen ben couldnt.... ne way i cant wait for tha game gonna be crazy... here we go steelers fu*k everyone else
 9 years ago '05        #750
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,918 | Props total: 1489 1489
another one for the books, i knew it was going to be a tough physical game. glad the ravens decided to fu*k up seems like we winning by the slimmest of margins. Still a win though but a pretty uncomfortable win
 12-31-2008, 11:20 PM         #751
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy New Year and Here We Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 9 years ago '05        #752
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
guess who's back...

how's everybody been?

something about this season feels like '05

oh yeah and i officially hate the titans for doing that crazy sh*t to the terrible towel
 9 years ago '05        #753
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
Ready to focus on Chargers

The Steelers began preparation in earnest on Monday for their AFC Divisional Playoff game against the San Diego Chargers on Sunday at Heinz Field.

But even though they didn’t know their opponent, the team got in plenty of good work during three days of practice during their bye last week.

Instead of preparing for a different potential opponent each day, the Steelers focused on working on sharpening their own skills, something many players welcomed.

“It lets you prepare on yourself, on your weaknesses,” said cornerback Deshea Townsend. “Any time you allow yourself to get better it makes you a better player and a better team.”

Going into the wild card weekend the Steelers had the potential of playing the Miami Dolphins, Indianapolis Colts or the Chargers. The Chargers defeated the Colts and the Baltimore Ravens eliminated the Dolphins, sending San Diego to Pittsburgh.

“You can’t really prepare to play three different teams,” said safety Ryan Clark. “You can’t watch film on three different teams. You can’t run three different team’s plays. It was about us last week. That’s what the guys were out there focusing on and it was a good approach.”

The individual work, with each position spending time with their coaches, was reminiscent in some ways of training camp when the team was not preparing for a given opponent.

“Individually we walked through some things that were bothering us,” said linebacker Larry Foote. “We sharpened our own sword.”

And despite having the number one ranked defense in the NFL, Foote and his teammates felt there was plenty of work to be done last week.

“You don’t play perfect,” said Foote. “There are a lot of mistakes we make that we can eliminate including mistakes that we make mentally. We have to keep improving on things we are doing well, but the stuff we aren’t doing well we have to address it and figure it out. “

One thing that head coach Mike Tomlin made sure of during the three days of practice was that the competitive fire kept burning. That wasn’t a problem.

“If you watched practice it was pretty competitive out there,” said defensive end Chris Hoke. “We have had competitive periods, two minute drills, third downs. It was good for all of us.”
 9 years ago '05        #754
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
Harrison named NFL Defensive Player of the Year

Linebacker James Harrison capped off an impressive 2008 season when he was named the NFL Defensive Player of the Year by the a.ssociated Press on Monday.

Harrison, who was voted MVP by his teammates for a second straight year, set a Steelers single-season record with 16 sacks this year, bypassing the old record set by linebacker Mike Merriweather in 1984.

“When I saw him up close, I knew it would be broken this year,” said Merriweather. “I knew the pace he was going he would do it. Having the chance to watch him personally at a Steelers game I knew this was going to be the year, despite all of the great linebackers who have come through there – guys like Kevin Greene, Greg Lloyd and Chad Brown.”

Harrison was voted a Pro Bowl starter for the second consecutive year while recording a career-high 100 tackles and 68 solo stops. Harrison was a menace to opponents all season, leading the NFL with seven forced fumbles.

Harrison was named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance against the San Diego Chargers on Nov. 16. Harrison sacked Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers, forcing a fumble that resulted in a safety in the 11-10 win. Harrison also intercepted Rivers with the Chargers driving late in the first half and returned it 33 yards to put the Steelers to set up a Jeff Reed field goal.

Harrison was also voted the GMC Defensive Player of the Week by fans for his performance against the Chargers and Patriots.

“He is just geared for football, he is made for football,” said Merriweather. “The physical aspect, the build that he has and the physical attributes that he possess, he is the prototype linebacker. He is not only the prototype linebacker, but he epitomizes what a Steelers linebacker is all about – hard-nosed, tenacious, get the job done and separate the ball from the ball carrier. He fits the mold and tradition of a Steelers linebacker.

“The talent and tenacity he has and his ability, it just comes out and stands out. He is making an impact week in and week out, not just with sacks but forced fumbles and freeing up LaMarr Woodley on the other side.”

Harrison has probably taken one of the most unlikely routes to the player of the year honor, coming into the NFL as a rookie free agent in 2002 and starting off on the practice squad.

“In the offseason when I get the opportunity to look back once the season is over with, I sit back and I am a little amazed,” said Harrison of how far he has come. “This year I came in and wanted to do better than I did the previous year.”

Harrison is one of five Steelers players to be named the NFL’s Defensive Player of the Year and the first since Rod Woodson took the honor in 1993. Others who have won were linebacker Jack Lambert (1976), cornerback Mel Blount (1975) and defensive tackle Joe Greene (1972 and 1974).
 01-08-2009, 03:55 PM         #755
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm Going To Tha Game Sunday!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!:dancingcool:

Never Been To A Game Before N My 1st One Is Gonna Be A Playoff Game. Dont Get No Better Than That!

Im So Pumped I Cant fu*kin Wait!!

Here We Go Steelers Here We Go!! WOOOO!!O!O!o!
 9 years ago '05        #756
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
sh*t man lucky you

fu*k the titans
 01-11-2009, 12:24 AM         #757
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what the hell did them bi*ches do to my beloved towel?!?!?
 01-11-2009, 12:47 AM         #758
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mother fu*kers....
 9 years ago '05        #759
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
^^sh*t was crazy...dudes was throwing it to the floor wiping their cleets with it stomping it out, blowing they nose with it you name it...man i was heated :angry12:...i actually wanted us to play them clowns again but oh well

im not gonna be on when the game starts so peace everybody and enjoy
 01-12-2009, 08:54 AM         #760
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! What a game! What a win!!!! We wouldnt even let them have the ball in the entire 3rd quarter. Its our ball bi*ches!!! hahahaha. The only thing i didnt like was twords the end the d was loosin it, and i would of never excepted that from them. Holmes and Willie were playin there A game. All we gotta do now is get rid of them birds and were bringing it home!!!!!! -a super bowl ring this year will give us the most rings in the nfl.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
122 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
19 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
49 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy