The Pittsburgh Steelers

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
140 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
82 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #621
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
no doubt...
 06-30-2008, 06:48 PM         #622
EMS the God  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bye bye dookshoot davenport

Steelers cut ties with Davenport
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, June 29, 2008

Buzz up!
Post to MySpace!
StumbleUpon Toolbar

The Steelers' backfield is a little less crowded following the release of veteran running back Najeh Davenport.

The Steelers also created some financial room by cutting Davenport, whose $1 million salary won't count against the salary cap.

Davenport was the most prominent player the Steelers cut Saturday -- the team also parted ways with safety Mike Lorello, long-snapper Jared Retkofsky and center/guard Doug Legursky -- but his release hardly came as a surprise.

Davenport, who served as Willie Parker's backup the past two seasons, became expendable when the Steelers used their first-round pick in this year's draft on running back Rashard Mendenhall.

story continues below

The Steelers also signed free agent Mewelde Moore during the offseason, and he is expected to fill the role of third-down back and kick returner.

Davenport signed with the Steelers near the beginning of the 2006 season. Last season, he set career highs in carries (107), rushing yards (499) and rushing touchdowns (five). He also caught 18 passes for 184 yards and two touchdowns.

Davenport, who has averaged 4.7 yards a carry in six NFL seasons, tied for second on the Steelers in touchdowns in 2007.

It became increasingly clear, however, that the 6-1, 247-pounder would be the odd man out, especially with the return to health by Parker, who broke his lower right leg late last season. Davenport also missed most of the Steelers' voluntary offseason practices.

A potential down-the-road replacement for Davenport could be former Detroit Lions first-round pick Kevin Jones, who is attempting to come back from major knee surgery five months ago. The a.ssociated Press reported that the Steelers, Dolphins, Packers and Lions watched Jones work out yesterday in Saline, Mich.

Meanwhile, the release of Davenport, Lorello, Retkofsky and Legursky leaves the Steelers with 82 players on their roster. They have to make a couple of more moves, since teams are not allowed to take more than 80 players to training camp, which starts July 27.

Lorello, a former West Virginia standout, spent parts of the last two seasons on the Steelers' practice squad. Retkofsky signed with the Steelers as an undrafted free agent in 2007 and spent some time with the team during training camp last year. Legursky signed with the Steelers this year after going undrafted coming out of Marshall.

Scott Brown can be reached at or 412-481-5432.
Back to headlines
 07-02-2008, 11:14 PM         #623
*Perry*  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ya i heard That 2 i Doubt its Tru We Got FWP Mendy Moore And Russell WTF Would he Do Besides Get injured.....But i cant Wait For That Ben To Sweed bomb 2 Happen All Year Long Baby fu*k
 07-06-2008, 05:45 AM         #624
EMS the God  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kevin jones is cool but do we really need 40 halfbacks? we got willie who might not be here much longer surprisingly(his contract is nearing the end) and we drafted Mendenhall and its still uncertain what he'll do at this point..
cut najeh and brought in Mewelde who is cool as a 3rd down guy and Gary Russel just in case....
thats 4 right there, Kevin Jones to me is rated higher than Mewelde so he'd start behind him(injury) but eventually work past him and it either pushes Mewelde or Russell out...two players who have yet to even get chances..i dunno..i just want W's
 07-07-2008, 06:30 PM         #625
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you haven't gotten it already, you will soon get an article sent to you form the Wall Street Journal claiming that Dan Rooney is shopping the team around to potential buyers.

This story is VERY misleading.

The details are that the Rooney family owns several race tracks in New York and Florida. Since gambling is done at these places, owning them is against NFL policy.

Currently, Dan and his son Art II are looking to exchange ownership of the race tracks with ownership stakes in the team with other members of the Rooney family.

Selling the team to an outside family isn't even being discussed.

Don't panic. sh*t like this works itself out.

[pic - click to view]

Steelers Ownership Transition

For the past two years the Rooney family has had discussions about a restructuring of the family’s ownership of the Steelers in order to ensure compliance with NFL ownership policies and the continuation of Rooney family ownership and operation of the team.

Pittsburgh Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney, the oldest son of late team founder Art Rooney, wants to stay in the football business while some of his four brothers plan to get out of the NFL and focus their business efforts on their racetracks and other interests. Dan Rooney, and his son, Steelers President Art Rooney II, are arranging a financing plan to buy Dan’s brothers' shares in the team in order to continue substantial ownership of the franchise by the Rooneys.

The other Rooney brothers – Art Jr., Timothy, Patrick and John – each currently has an ownership interest in the Steelers. Another related family, the McGinleys, also owns a minority interest in the team. The Rooney family owns racetracks in New York and Florida, and like many in recent years, these facilities have added forms of gaming that are inconsistent with NFL gambling policy.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell asked former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue to serve as a league representative in discussions with the family in order to reach an agreement on the separation of the gambling interests and on a restructuring of ownership going forward if part of the team is sold.

Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney stated, “I have spent my entire life devoted to the Pittsburgh Steelers and the National Football League. I will do everything possible to work out a solution to ensure my father’s legacy of keeping the Steelers in the Rooney family and in Pittsburgh for at least another 75 years.”

Steelers President Art Rooney II stated, “There is no reason to believe that the current internal discussions will have any impact on our fans or on our team this season or in the seasons to come.”

Last edited by flex001; 07-07-2008 at 06:37 PM..
 07-09-2008, 06:09 PM         #626
*Perry*  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it could turn out 2 be better mayb the steelers will get more money for spending on players
 9 years ago '05        #627
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
havent been on for a while but its nice to see everybody chipping in

cant wait for the season to start already :banghead::banghead:
 9 years ago '05        #628
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
If team is sold, official wants Steelers to repay funding for stadium

07-23-2008, 11:16 AM         #629
danaandrew  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im projecting the steelers 11-5 this year even with the toughest schedule in football....as long as were healthy...we're deep as hell....and we should be playing at a playoff atmosphere all year long with this years schedule...excited for the year to start............woooohooooo....:applause:
 9 years ago '08        #630
justinblaze83 
space
space
$182 | Props total: 5 5
well i think that with the addition of sweed, the receiving core is our new power, the running is not our strong point anymore , we used to be a smash ya face running team , now we to the outside and hit the sideline , but also need some help in the secondary , emphasis on cornerbacks, i may be wrong but thas my opinion so it is what it is ,

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 9 years ago '05        #631
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
 9 years ago '05        #632
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
Overweight Hampton sidelined after failed run test

LATROBE, Pa. -- Pro Bowl nose tackle Casey Hampton was placed on the physically unable to perform list Sunday after reporting to training camp overweight and failing to complete the Pittsburgh Steelers' annual run test.

Hampton, listed at 325 pounds but apparently much heavier, lagged 30 yards behind defensive end Brett Keisel during one of eight 100-yard sprints. Hampton completed only five.

"He's overweight and he's not conditioned enough to participate at this point," coach Mike Tomlin said.

There was no Kendrell Bell to bail Hampton out this time, either.

When a similarly out-of-shape Hampton couldn't complete several of the 14 40-yard sprints the Steelers ran when Bill Cowher was coach, Bell jumped in and ran two sprints for him in 2003. Hampton recovered to make the final run that summer, though Cowher was visibly displeased and held Hampton out of practice until he was in better shape.

Hampton won't be allowed to practice in this camp until he drops weight, and Tomlin suggested that will take more than a few days.

Hampton, starting his eighth NFL season, skipped the Steelers' optional team practices last spring to work out on his own. He explained Sunday that his absence was to take care of personal business and not because he had any issue with the team.

"I wasn't trying to make any statement," Hampton said.

Tomlin didn't like the one he made during the running test as Hampton was the only player who couldn't finish. Some players who attended a certain number of voluntary team workouts were allowed to skip the tests as a reward for their attendance.

"It's not about (missing the voluntary practices)," Tomlin said of Hampton. "It's about coming to camp ready to play football."

Star safety Troy Polamalu (hamstring) and left guard Chris Kemoeatu (triceps) also were placed on the physically unable to perform list, yet Polamalu still completed the running test. Polamalu was injured while working out on his own, and Kemoeatu -- All-Pro guard Alan Faneca's apparent replacement -- was hurt lifting weights in advance of camp. Neither injury is believed to be serious.

Hampton has had an ongoing battle with his weight since being a first-round draft pick in 2001, yet has made the last three Pro Bowls and has played in the NFL's annual all-star game in four of the last five seasons. Hampton also was chosen as the team's co-most valuable player in 2005.

Hampton's ability to stop the run is one of the keys to the Steelers' 3-4 defense.

Asked when Hampton will be in good enough shape to practice, Tomlin said, "I'll determine that."
 9 years ago '05        #633
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
:banghead:Despite unusual training regimine, Polamalu injured again:banghead:

LATROBE, Pa. -- Every extended workout, every running session, every climb up a hillside in weighted shoes was designed for Troy Polamalu to get back to being Troy Polamalu.

Most of all, that meant getting back to being a healthy Polamalu -- not the patched-up, oft-injured, can't-seem-to-get-well Polamalu who appeared in 12 Pittsburgh Steelers games last season but played up to his expected level in few of them.

So, after an offseason back in Los Angeles working out the way he did as one of college football's top defensive players at USC, what happened to Polamalu mere days before training camp began?

The four-time Pro Bowl safety pulled his left hamstring while running and couldn't take part in the first two camp practices Monday.

After a season in which knee, rib and abdominal injuries visibly affected Polamalu's play - he hasn't had an interception since midway through the 2006 season - Polamalu was certain all these injuries were behind him.

Polamalu sailed through the eight 100-yard sprints that were required Sunday by coach Mike Tomlin, but the Steelers didn't want to take a chance with one of their most valuable players so early in camp.

"I want to practice," Polamalu said Monday. "But I'll do whatever coach tells me to do. He's been around a long time. So has (trainer) John Norwig, so I'll defer to them on this. But I want to practice."

Tomlin said Polamalu "is in great shape," but he is understandably wary about any injury given Polamalu's run of problems last season.

On the first day of camp a year ago, Polamalu signed a $30.19 million, four-year contract that made him the highest-paid player in team history - at least until quarterback Ben Roethlisberger agreed earlier this year to a deal that could pay him as much as $102 million.

Living up to that contract isn't what motivates Polamalu. Rather, it's playing up to the standards set by a multidimensional, motivated player who creates matchup problems for offenses because of his ability to line up at so many positions.

That's why, after having offseason knee surgery, Polamalu decided to return to training the way he has most of his career. So he skipped all the Steelers' offseason practices and the traditional training and weightlifting, and went back to working with his former trainer.

"I talked with coach (Tomlin) because I don't want to do anything against the team," Polamalu said. "They're very supportive of me and the training I wanted to do. I'd trained like that for seven years but, coming off the injury, it gave me an opportunity to take more time to rehab and just train."

An interesting twist: Marv Marinovich, the former USC and Oakland Raiders player and conditioning coach with whom Polamalu has long trained, promises on his Web site that his workouts mean "you'll avoid the injury bug. No more pulls or strains."

Marinovich's workouts are designed to boost speed, jumping ability and football-required strength but are nontraditional, with an emphasis on reducing the stress and strain that can be caused by heavy weightlifting.

Rather than bench pressing 350 pounds, for example, Polamalu will run in weighted shoes or lift a minimal amount of weight in short bursts.

Polamalu did slightly more weight training than he once did, but only to add weight. He is back to his preferred weight of 215 pounds after playing at 205 the last two seasons.

Polamalu called Marinovich's program "very awesome" and doesn't believe training away from the Steelers had anything to do with his latest injury. He can only hope he is getting his injuries out of the way early this season.

"When there's an injury like this, it's always best to take the safe route because it's a very long season," he said. "If you continue to re-injure it this early, there's no telling how bad it could really get. So, if there's any down time that's good, it's right now."
 9 years ago '05        #634
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
Steelers' Sepulveda tears ACL, expected to miss season

LATROBE, Pa. -- Pittsburgh Steelers punter Daniel Sepulveda tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee for the second time in three years and is expected to miss the season, a major loss for the defending AFC Central champions.

Sepulveda's injury occurred during the first day of practice Monday. The Steelers used undrafted rookie kicker Julian Rauch of Appalachian State as their practice punter Tuesday, but claimed former Broncos punter Paul Ernster on waivers from Detroit later in the day.

"I wouldn't be human if I didn't say I wasn't disappointed for us and for Daniel, but we can't spend a lot of time dwelling on it from that standpoint, we've got work to do here," coach Mike Tomlin said.

The Steelers traded a sixth-round draft pick last year to move up in the fourth round and draft Sepulveda, a former Baylor star who is the only two-time winner of the Ray Guy award as the nation's top college punter. The Steelers had drafted only one other punter in their history.

Sepulveda averaged 42.4 yards and placed 28 of 68 punts inside the 20 as a rookie last season, so the Steelers didn't bother bringing a second punter to camp as they often did under former coach Bill Cowher.

The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Sepulveda is expected to have surgery in the next few days. He first tore the ligament while playing pickup basketball at Baylor in April 2006, but returned -- too early as far as his doctors were concerned -- to punt in the school's season opener that September.

Even if Sepulveda were to make such a fast recovery this time, he probably couldn't return any earlier than the postseason, and it seems likely the Steelers will place him on the injured reserved list.

Sepulveda knew immediately Monday something was wrong.

"I don't know what's going on in there, I'm not a doctor, but it didn't feel right," he said.

According to Tomlin, Sepulveda "experienced some discomfort, to say the least."

The 26-year-old Ernster, from Northern Arizona, was drafted in the seventh round by Denver in 2006 and averaged 41.7 yards that season on 80 punts, with 19 touchbacks on kickoffs. He played in one game each with the Broncos and Browns last season, averaging 36.2 yards on 12 punts.

"He's a veteran guy who's been in the league," director of football operations Kevin Colbert said.

Ernster filled in for an injured Dave Zastudil in the Browns' season-opening loss to the Steelers, averaging 36.6 yards on seven punts. He mishandled the first snap and shanked a 15-yarder punt on a play in which the Browns were called for four penalties.

Ernster also appeared in a game for Denver last season, averaging 35.6 yards on five punts against San Diego, after being waived by the Broncos late in training camp.

Tomlin hasn't ruled out bringing in a second punter.

"We're paid to be light on our feet, and react in this business, and that's what we'll do," Tomlin said.

Notes: DB Troy Polamalu (hamstring) didn't wear a protective wrap but was again held out of practice. ... WR Limas Sweed stood out in coverage drills during a morning special teams practice. ... With Sepulveda out, backup QB Charlie Batch filled in as K Jeff Reed's holder. ... Tomlin on dealing with injuries: "The teams that rise in the end are the teams that are capable of dealing with distractions and things like this."
 9 years ago '05        #635
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
whoever typed up that last article thinks we're the defending AFC Central champs...easy mistake i guess
 9 years ago '05        #636
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
 08-04-2008, 02:54 PM         #637
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I cant wait to get this season goin on already!!! I miss my steelers! Got a new job and i got steady sunday mondays off so i'm ready for some FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!! <3 <3 <3
 08-05-2008, 08:05 AM         #638
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont recall if this was posted

2008 Pittsburgh Steelers Schedule

PRESEASON

Friday, Aug. 8 vs. Eagles 7:30 p.m. KDKA/FSN Pittsburgh
Thursday, Aug. 14 @ Bills (Toronto) 7:30 p.m. KDKA/FSN Pittsburgh
Saturday, Aug. 23 @ Vikings 8 p.m. CBS
Thursday, Aug. 28 vs Panthers 7:30 p.m. KDKA/FSN Pittsburgh

REGULAR SEASON

Sunday, Sept. 7 vs. Texans 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Sept 14 @ Browns 8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Sept. 21 @ Eagles 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Monday, Sept. 29 vs. Ravens 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Oct. 5 @ Jaguars 8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Oct. 12 Bye Week
Sunday, Oct. 19 @ Bengals 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 26 vs. Giants 4:15 p.m. (FOX)
Monday, Nov. 3 @ Redskins 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Nov. 9 vs. Colts 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Nov. 16 vs. Chargers * 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Thursday, Nov. 20 vs. Bengals 8:15 p.m. (NFL Network)
Sunday, Nov. 30 @ Patriots * 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 7 vs. Cowboys * 4:15 p.m. (FOX)
Sunday, Dec. 14 @ Ravens * 1 p.m .(CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 21 @ Titans * 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 28 vs. Browns * 1 p.m. (CBS)

Friday Steelers!!!!!!!!! WOOO!!!!!!!:jumping0045:

Last edited by flex001; 08-05-2008 at 08:08 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #639
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
:celebrate0: :celebrate0: :celebrate0:
 08-06-2008, 03:14 PM         #640
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

seen this made me thought i'd share
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy