The Pittsburgh Steelers

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
163 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #581
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129

[pic - click to view]

Steelers Sign Free Agent Linebacker Keyaron Fox

PITTSBURGH The Steelers added depth to their linebacker and special teams corps today as they signed free agent linebacker Keyaron Fox to a one-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Fox (6-3, 235) was originally drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in the third round (93rd overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft out of Georgia Tech. He spent all four of his years in Kansas City, playing primarily on special teams and as a backup linebacker. In 2007, he posted 21 tackles, including a season-best 10 against the New York Jets in Week 17.

Fox enjoyed his best season in Kansas City in 2006 when he collected 52 tackles while playing in all 16 games, making four starts in place of the injured Derrick Johnson.
 10 years ago '05        #582
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
Steelers check out 2 more free agents

where y'all at? ive hardly been on myself but damn

10 years ago '05        #583
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
Steelers part ways with Wilson after latest incident

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers released wide receiver Cedrick Wilson on Thursday, hours after he was charged with punching his estranged girlfriend in the face at a suburban restaurant.

The 29-year-old player was arraigned on charges of simple a.ssault, harassment and disorderly conduct and freed on $10,000 bail.

"We're extremely disappointed with this incident," team chairman Dan Rooney said. "The Steelers do not condone violence of any kind, especially against women."

Wilson apologized and said he will be treated for anger management.

"I shouldn't have done it. I hold myself to a higher standard than that," he told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I just want to apologize to Lindsey, her family, the NFL family and the Pittsburgh Steeler nation. I let them down."

Lindsey Paulat told police that Wilson pushed her on the shoulder at the Patron Mexican Grill on Wednesday night. She said when she turned around he punched her in the left side of her face, according to the complaint.

Her left cheek was red and swollen, and witnesses told officers what happened, police said. Officers later found Wilson as he was leaving his Pine Township home in his car.

Wilson said he would attend anger-management classes "to better myself for my child and my other children. It's tough to even talk about because I'm a man that's always tried to keep my nose clean."
Pittsburgh Steelers

Wilson's attorney, Paul Goltz, is out of the country. A woman at Goltz's office said the lawyer handling the case would not comment. Wilson's agent, Tom Condon, did not return calls.

Earlier this month, Steelers linebacker James Harrison was charged with hitting his girlfriend. He has a preliminary hearing April 3 and remains with the team.

Team spokesman Dave Lockett said Harrison's dispute began when he argued with his girlfriend about whether to baptize his son.

"In no way do we condone domestic violence of any kind," Steelers chairman Dan Rooney said in a statement Thursday evening. "Each incident must be considered on a case-by-case basis. In the situation with James Harrison, he contacted us immediately after his incident and has taken responsibility for his actions."

Harrison "said his conduct was wrong and he was embarrassed to be a.ssociated with the label of a perpetrator of domestic violence," Harrison's attorney, Robert Del Greco, said Thursday. Harrison then quickly sought anger management counseling, which he still attends, Del Greco said.

Wilson and the woman he's accused of hitting were also involved in a f!ght in January.

Police charged her with firing two gunshots after Wilson left his town house. Paulat, who is also the mother of Wilson's 1-year-old daughter, is awaiting trial.

Wilson, a backup, signed with the Steelers as a free agent from San Francisco in 2005. He caught 81 passes for 1,162 yards and two touchdowns in three seasons with the Steelers.

10 years ago '05        #584
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
Haggans softens stance on Steelers

Soon after the Steelers' playoff loss against Jacksonville, the agent for linebacker Clark Haggans said his client had played his last game for Pittsburgh.

"He's not going to be back," Jeff Sperbeck told the Tribune-Review in January. "He had a good run, won a Super Bowl, enjoyed the people, the fans. He loved being a part of the old Steelers."

Now, Haggans is apparently leaving the door open for a return to the Steelers.

Haggans, an unrestricted free agent who visited the Cleveland Browns on Wednesday, is still looking for a job.

Sperbeck said he wouldn't rule out Haggans, who has 31 1/2 career sacks, coming back to the Steelers.

"We will listen to what they (Steelers) and others will offer in terms of opportunity and commitment," Sperbeck wrote in an e-mail response.

Haggans is comfortable playing in a 3-4 defense, similar to what Cleveland employs. As a starter the past four seasons, Haggans recorded 25 sacks.

Haggans lost his starting job to LaMarr Woodley at left outside linebacker. If he returned to the Steelers, it would likely be as a backup.

The Steelers are considering other options at outside linebacker.

Coach Mike Tomlin visited Auburn's pro day last week, and one of the featured players was defensive end/linebacker Quentin Groves. A projected first- or second-round draft pick, Groves worked for coaches and scouts at defensive end and linebacker drills, something he didn't do at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.

Another player on the Steelers' radar is Purdue defensive end/linebacker Cliff Avril, who has an upcoming visit to meet with coaches and scouts in Pittsburgh. Avril is a projected second-round pick.

"He's like the guys the Steelers have always had, the Joey Porters," agent Brian Mackler said.

The Steelers hosted their third college prospect yesterday when they met with Kansas cornerback Aqib Talib at their South Side facility. Talib, who could have returned to Kansas for another season, is one of the most highly regarded cornerbacks in the upcoming NFL Draft.

A consensus All-American in 2007, Talib had four interceptions and 13 pass break-ups for Kansas, which had one of its best seasons in decades. The 6-foot-1 200-pounder led the Big 12 in interceptions in 2006 with six. Talib also saw spot duty at wideout for the Jayhawks during his college career, and he caught four touchdown passes in 2007.

The Steelers hosted defensive linemen Dre Moore of Maryland and Keilen Dykes of West Virginia on Monday.
 10 years ago '05        #585
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
Steelers sign Hartwig to bolster offensive line

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers signed former Titan and Panther Justin Hartwig to a $3,725,000, two-year contract on Tuesday, making him the second free agent center they have added in as many offseasons.

Last year, the Steelers signed Sean Mahan away from Tampa Bay by giving him a $17 million, five-year contract that included a $4 million signing bonus. They plan to use Mahan as a backup at several positions, including guard and center.

The Steelers were third in the NFL in rushing last season, but Ben Roethlisberger was sacked 47 times, the second most in club history.

By adding the 6-foot-4, 312-pound Hartwig, the Steelers could have different starters at three offensive line positions. Chris Kemoeatu is expected to start at left guard for longtime All-Pro guard Alan Faneca, who signed with the Jets. Max Starks will get the chance to win back his job at right tackle from 2007 starter Willie Colon.

Hartwig's contract includes a $975,000 signing bonus and is the second he signed as a free agent in three years.

The 29-year-old Hartwig was the Tennessee's center for most of four seasons, starting 47 games, before signing a $17 million, five-year deal with Carolina in 2006. He missed all but one game that season with a groin injury but played 15 games last season until being cut two weeks ago, along with left guard Mike Wahle, during a Panthers offensive line shakeup.

The Steelers have been up against the salary cap most of the offseason, but cleared some room last week by waiving wide receiver Cedrick Wilson, who was due $2 million this season.
 10 years ago '05        #586
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
Steelers Sign Defensive End Nick Eason To Two-Year Contract

PITTSBURGH The Pittsburgh Steelers signed defensive end Nick Eason to a two-year contract, it was announced today. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Eason (6-3, 305) will be entering his sixth year in NFL and second season with the Steelers after originally signing with the team as an unrestricted free agent on April 16, 2007. Prior to joining the Steelers, Eason spent three seasons with the Cleveland Browns (2004-2006) and one season with the Denver Broncos (2003).

Eason has played in 46 career games, including 16 with the Steelers, and has made four starts (one with Pittsburgh). He played in all 16 games in 2007 for the Steelers and made one start at left end in place of the injured Aaron Smith.
 10 years ago '05        #587
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
Video: Tomlin on the coming season

04-03-2008, 03:50 PM         #588
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Steelers preseason schedule shaping up
Thursday, April 03, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers will open their four-game preseason schedule at home against Philadelphia. The date of the game has not yet been set but it will take place between August 7 and August 10.

They will then play the Buffalo Bills in Toronto at 7:30 p.m. August 14. The NFL has given the Bills permission to play five of their regular season home games and three of their preseason home games in Toronto over the next five seasons.

On August 23, the Steelers will play at Minnesota at 8 p.m. in a game televised nationally by CBS. They will wrap up their preseason schedule August 28 at Heinz Field against the Carolina Panthers, with the kickoff time to be determined.
 04-03-2008, 03:54 PM         #589
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Utmost said:
Steelers part ways with Wilson after latest incident

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- The estranged girlfriend of former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson denies that he punched her at a suburban restaurant this week.

Lindsey Paulat said Wilson got upset but only shoved her when he saw her drinking Wednesday night.

"He never punched. He pushed me in the side of the head," Paulat told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Friday. "It was misconstrued apparently by the people around us."

In a criminal complaint, Northern Regional police said Wilson pushed Paulat on the shoulder and, when she turned around, punched her in the face. Wilson, 29, is charged with simple a.ssault, harassment and disorderly conduct. He remains free on $10,000 bail.

Wilson apologized and said he would attend anger management classes. The Steelers released Wilson on Thursday, a few hours after his arraignment.

Wilson's attorney, Paul Goltz, is out of the country, and his office has said the attorney handling the case will not comment.

Wilson and Paulat, who have a 1-year-old daughter together, also were involved in a f!ght in January at his house. Police charged her with firing two gunshots after Wilson left his house. Paulat, 26, of Fawn Township, is awaiting trial.

"Cedrick has been very supportive as we are working through issues," she said. "I think he was just basically disappointed in me and he only wants the best for me and my daughter."
 10 years ago '05        #590
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
^^i saw that sh*t somewhere...she's a bit late
 04-04-2008, 05:14 PM         #591
EMS the God  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
boogers deal got revoked, he failed the physical
 10 years ago '05        #592
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
 EMS the God said:
boogers deal got revoked, he failed the physical
yep

The Steelers appeared set to sign free-agent defensive lineman Anthony McFarland on Tuesday night. But after working him out Wednesday morning, they withdrew their offer.

A Steelers spokesman said late Wednesday afternoon that no deal has been struck with McFarland.

Apparently, McFarland flunked his physical. A 10-year veteran with 85 career starts, McFarland missed last season with a knee injury. McFarland played for Tampa Bay and Indianapolis.

Meanwhile, the Steelers did re-sign long-snapper Greg Warren. A restricted free agent, Warren agreed to a three-year contract worth $2.3 million with a signing bonus of $395,000.

In other free agent news, former Steelers linebacker Clark Haggans signed with the Arizona Cardinals.
 04-21-2008, 03:53 PM         #593
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '05        #594
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
 10 years ago '05        #595
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
Parker returns, eyes backup for stability

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '05        #596
thegame23 
space
space
space
$156 | Props total: 0 0
Whats goin' on everybody? The new season officially begins tomorrow with the draft. Who does everyone see our Steelers taking in the 1st round? There are a lot of different names floating around out there. I personally think its all on what position they really wanna take in the 1st round....WR I would say Malcolm Kelly from Oklahoma....RB only way I see a RB in the 1st round is if Johnathan Stewart would fall to the Steelers....DE I hope we don't take this Kentwan Balmer, he just doesn't sound like a Steeler to me...and I dunno about OL in the 1st round unless someone would fall or the Steelers would trade up.

What do you guys (and girls) think?
 04-26-2008, 07:04 PM         #597
tHE dEFiNiTi0N  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A BEAST THE THUNDER TO WILLIE'S LIGHTING

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by tHE dEFiNiTi0N; 04-26-2008 at 07:06 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #598
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
we got limas sweed aswell
 10 years ago '05        #599
thegame23 
space
space
space
$156 | Props total: 0 0
All I can really say about our 1st and 2nd round picks is WOW! We got Rashard Mendenhall as a steal and I think Limus Sweed was a steal as well. It'll be interesting to see where they go with this third pick. Two of my fellow Penn State Alumni are still available (Dan Connor-ILB, Justin King-CB) which I think the Steelers could be looking at both of them.

I enjoyed watching the Ravens, once again, getting stuck with another QB that they really didn't want high in the draft. They can just never catch a break the years they draft high...no spectacular QB's, which the Ravens need. And I know we all love to see the Ravens struggle.....lol

But anyways, great first day of the draft...can't wait to see what we grab 2morrow! :applause:
 10 years ago '05        #600
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
here's our draft class for '08

Round 1, Pick 23 (23) Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois

Pick Analysis: With Felix Jones off the board, Mendenhall is a much better fit for Pittsburgh's style. While Mendenhall didn't win the starting job for two years, he enters the league without a lot of wear-and-tear on his body. In his only season as the featured back, he put up 1,681 yards and 17 touchdowns on 262 carries

Round 2, Pick 22 (53) Limas Sweed, WR, Texas

Pick Analysis: Once again the Steelers have found themselves a game-changer at great value. Many consider Sweed a Plaxico Burress-type receiver, with a 6-foot-4 frame and long arms. If he stays in line, he could find the same success with the Steelers that Burress had with Ben Roethlisberger before he left Pittsburgh.

Round 3, Pick 25 (88) Bruce Davis, DE, UCLA

Pick Analysis: Davis did very well in his first extended time as a linebacker at the Senior Bowl. He's a classic Steeler type of player. Davis is very bright and has a knack for getting to the quarterback with his speed.

Round 4, Pick 31 (130) (From Giants) Tony Hills, OT, Texas

Pick Analysis: Hills has battled injuries during his career. He started 24 games during his time at Texas. He still has room to grow into his 6-foot-6 frame as a converted tight end.

Round 5, Pick 21 (156) Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon

Pick Analysis: Dixon wants to play quarterback, but he can run, pass and catch. The Steelers will incorporate him into some packages of their offense. He could be utilized similar to Kordell Stewart in the last decade.

Round 6, Pick 22 (188) Mike Humpal, LB, Iowa

Pick Analysis: Humpal battled injuries early in his career to become a productive linebacker at Iowa. He has good size and will have a chance to stick around as a special teams contributor and reserve linebacker.

Round 6, Pick 28 (194) (From Packers through Giants) Ryan Mundy, FS, West Virginia

Pick Analysis: Mundy is a safety who can run well. He's not real big, but was a productive three-year starter at West Virginia.
only need we didnt address was CB but it was still a good draft cause 2 quality players fell into our lap

Last edited by The Utmost; 04-27-2008 at 04:43 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
8 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy