The Pittsburgh Steelers

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
163 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-16-2008, 07:44 PM         #561
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Lol sucks to be with the Pats if this goes threw
 02-17-2008, 06:48 PM         #562
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krieger08 said:

Take a look at Wards report card. What do you guys think?
who the fu*k worte that sh*t.. i aint even read the whole thing i'll fu*kin slap tha dude that wrote..
 02-17-2008, 06:50 PM         #563
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
PITTSBURGH (AP) The Pittsburgh Steelers are more than just a good football team. They're also a powerful brand.

The franchise was named the strongest team brand in its local market compared with scores of other professional sports teams across the country in a new consumer survey, the 2007 Turnkey Team Brand Index.

The Steelers ranked first among 122 team brands in the National Football League, the National Basketball a.ssociation, the National Hockey League and Major League Baseball in home-market strength.

A total of 12,000 sports fans in 47 markets nationwide participated in the online survey by Turnkey Sports & Entertainment, a New Jersey-based market research and executive search and recruiting firm.

"The Steelers are the model brand for a team," Turnkey's president and chief executive, Len Perna, said in a statement. "Down through their history, ownership, players, coaches, stadium and style match the hard-nosed work ethic of their city
 10 years ago '05        #564
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129

[pic - click to view]

Steelers Sign Defensive End Travis Kirschke To A Two-Year Contract

PITTSBURGH The Pittsburgh Steelers signed defensive end Travis Kirschke to a two-year contract, it was announced today. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Kirschke, an 11-year veteran who was scheduled to be a free agent this year, originally signed with the Steelers as an unrestricted free agent on March 11, 2004. He had previously spent one year with the San Francisco 49ers (2003) and his first six seasons in the NFL with the Detroit Lions.

Kirschke has played in 141 career games, including 64 with the Steelers, and has made 30 starts (five with Pittsburgh). He played in all 16 games in 2007 for the Steelers and made four starts in place of the injured Aaron Smith.
 02-22-2008, 07:29 AM         #565
*Perry*  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Screw kirshcke tha Stillers need to get justin smith from tha bi*ch a.ss bengals asap
 10 years ago '05        #566
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
 *Perry* said:
Screw kirshcke tha Stillers need to get justin smith from tha bi*ch a.ss bengals asap
well they didnt tag him this year so who knows...i dont see it happening though
 10 years ago '05        #567
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
Steelers' former radio announcer Myron Cope dies at 79

10 years ago '05        #568
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
RFAs receive tenders

PITTSBURGH The Pittsburgh Steelers have tendered offers to four players, including offensive tackle Trai Ess3x, offensive guard Chris Kemoeatu, long snapper Greg Warren and wide receiver Nate Washington, the team announced today.

By tendering the offers to the four players, the Steelers reserve the right to retain the players by matching any offer sheets they would sign with another team. All four players could also remain with the Steelers by signing their tender offer for 2008 or by signing a long-term contract with the team.

Ess3x will enter his fourth NFL season in 2008 after being drafted by the Steelers in the third round (93rd overall) of the 2005 NFL Draft. He has played in 24 career games, making four starts (all in 2005). Ess3x played in three games in 2007.

Kemoeatu is also entering his fourth NFL season in 2008 after the Steelers selected him in the sixth round (204th overall) in the 2005 NFL Draft. He played in 15 games in 2007 and has seen action in 18 games during his career, including two starts in 2006.

Warren has handled all of the long-snapping duties for the Steelers since he was signed as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2005. He has played in 48 regular-season games in his three seasons in Pittsburgh.

Washington, who finished fourth on the team in 2007 with 29 catches for 450 yards and five touchdowns, was signed by the Steelers as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2005. He has played in 33 career games, making six starts, and has 64 catches for 1,057 yards with nine touchdowns in his three seasons with the team.
 10 years ago '05        #569
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
we need to draft a corner in the 1st round...simple and plain
 03-02-2008, 04:10 PM         #570
ShadyBeforeMath  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ayo My Bad For Bein A Fan And Not Knowin But I Been Workin Soo Much And I Live In Oklahoma, So No Steelers Fans To Keep Me Updated, But Have We Signed Any Big Names Or Dropped Any Of Our Big Names ?
 03-02-2008, 05:42 PM         #571
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyBeforeMath said:
Ayo My Bad For Bein A Fan And Not Knowin But I Been Workin Soo Much And I Live In Oklahoma, So No Steelers Fans To Keep Me Updated, But Have We Signed Any Big Names Or Dropped Any Of Our Big Names ?
Faneca & Jets Agree To Terms Of 5-Year Contract
NEW YORK (AP) ― The New York Jets and Pro Bowl left guard Alan Faneca agreed to terms on a five-year, $40 million contract Saturday, making the former Pittsburgh player the highest-paid offensive lineman in the NFL.

Agent Rick Smith told The a.ssociated Press on Saturday that the 31-year-old Faneca planned to fly to New York on Sunday, take a physical and officially sign the deal Monday.

After making nearly $4.4 million in salary and bonuses last season, Faneca got a huge deal that Smith said includes $21 million in guarantees.

A Jets spokesman declined comment on the signing of the seven-time Pro Bowl selection, considered perhaps the league's best left guard.

Faneca chose New York over San Francisco and St. Louis, all teams that had losing records last season and need help on their offensive lines.

"When he examined the situations, Alan felt this team would make the biggest impact," Smith said.

New York sorely needed a standout left guard after trading Pete Kendall to Washington following a bitter contract dispute before last season. They plugged in the since-released Adrien Clarke, who was ineffective while starting the first 14 games and was benched the last two weeks.

Faneca will step in between left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson and center Nick Mangold to give the Jets a terrific left side. Ferguson and Mangold thrived as rookies with Kendall, but struggled at times without his veteran influence last season.

"Alan can't wait to work with those guys," Smith said. "He likes to take young guys under his wing and help them develop."

Faneca's presence will surely improve the Jets' rushing game, which struggled despite having Thomas Jones. New York ranked 26th in the league last season in total yards and 19th in rushing yards per game.

"Alan is really looking forward to being a New York Jet," Smith said.

Faneca, a five-time All-Pro who was Pittsburgh's first-round pick in 1998, experienced a similar situation to Kendall last summer. Known as "Red" because of his long, flowing red hair, Faneca was unhappy before last season because he thought the Steelers misled him during contract talks last winter when he was looking for a new deal.

Meanwhile, guards such as Leonard Davis, Kris Dielman, Derrick Dockery and Eric Steinbach all signed big deals last off-season that were worth at least $6 million.

Faneca, who helped Jerome Bettis and Willie Parker rush for 1,000 yards during his tenure, was critical of ownership when he reported for minicamp last May and even announced then: "This will be my last year as a Pittsburgh Steeler."

As it turned out, Faneca was right, and he couldn't be happier now.

"He can finally put that black cloud that was hanging over him last season behind him," Smith said.

The Jets have been active in the two days since the free agency period began.

In addition to signing Faneca, they acquired three-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Kris Jenkins from Carolina, traded linebacker Jonathan Vilma to New Orleans for a draft pick, signed defensive tackle Sione Pouha to a contract extension and signed fullback Stacy Tutt to an exclusive-rights contract.

[pic - click to view]

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ― Ben Roethlisberger has put together a terrific resume in four years as quarterback for the Steelers.

And even though he still has two years left on his current deal, KDKA's Bob Pompeani reports that the Steelers could be close to signing Big Ben to a brand new long-term deal that will make him, by far, the highest paid player in franchise history.

The new deal could be announced as soon as Monday.

Pompeani reports that sources indicate this deal will be somewhere in the neighborhood of eight to 10 years, and based on what the recent market has been for quarterbacks who just signed, guys like Marc Bulger and Tony Romo, the guaranteed part of this deal will be in excess of $30 million.

Roethlisberger has a terrific four year resume and last year proved that the previous season was an aberration. He has emerged as a top tier quarterback and will be paid accordingly.

Pompeani also reports that when he spoke with Art Rooney II and Kevin Colbert last month, they both indicated that signing Roethlisberger was their No. 1 off-season priority.

This deal will be very long, so as to help pro-rate the guarantees, which could make the total number of dollars on paper very high.

Pompeani reports that this deal is not yet signed, but it could be very close.

Last edited by flex001; 03-02-2008 at 05:44 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #573
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
Patriots Free Agent DB Eugene Wilson will visit Pittsburgh according to Adam Schefter

^^saw that on NFL.com
 10 years ago '05        #574
thegame23 
space
space
space
$156 | Props total: 0 0
The Steelers have signed Big Ben to an 8 year $102 million dollar contract. The contract includes more then $36 million in gaurantee's and is easily the largest in team history. Big Ben joins Manning, Favre, Palmer, McNabb, and the suspended Mike Vick in the $100 million quarterback club. The deal was completed late Sunday night.

Also, RB/KR Mewelde Moore has visited with the Steelers and the reports state that his signing is imminent. Moore will provide Pittsburgh's offense with the legitimate receiving threat out of the backfield it had lacked. He's also likely to serve as the team's primary kickoff and punt returner.

:applause: Of course I think signing Big Ben is huge...but I also think the signing of Mewelde Moore is solid. What does everyone else think?
 10 years ago '05        #575
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
its only right...

03-03-2008, 11:54 AM         #576
tHE dEFiNiTi0N  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Big Ben deserves it and Moore will be our Kevin Faulk
 10 years ago '05        #577
thegame23 
space
space
space
Its official!!! Mewelde Moore has signed a 3 year deal with the Burgh. The financial terms of the contract were not disclosed yet. :applause:

I think this is a great sign....just another weapon on offense...I was hoping to get a bigger back, but we'll see what happens.
 10 years ago '06        #578
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
yeah moore is nice....but really its a minor signing imo. willie still the featured back obv, but i guess moore will be nice on 3rd downs. was hopin willie could turn into a great catching back too but we'll see. havent really been following our offseason moves until recently. have we done nething to address our disgusting o-line? we cant have ben getting rushed on every damn down, sh*t was so hard to watch last yr.
 10 years ago '05        #579
thegame23 
space
space
space
Nope....nothing done about the O-Line at all really. They made a tender offer to Max Starks but from what I understand he is nothing but a backup and that was determined last season. I thought for sure they would try to sign Center Jeff Faine, but never did. I think that could have solved a big problem on the O-Line. We need a Center badddd. I mean we need more then a Center, but Faine would of helped our O-Line so much and open it up for Willie in the middle. I guess we will be lookin' at it in the draft. Basically you just have to admit to the fact that our draft last year was bad. We drafted some good players but without thinking. I mean we took a 3rd string TE in the 3rd round and a punter in the 4th....knowing that we were gonna be hurting on the O-line, and knowing our best offensive lineman is leaving.
 03-07-2008, 01:48 PM         #580
tHE dEFiNiTi0N  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
big ben deserves it
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
8 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy