The Pittsburgh Steelers

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
77 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-26-2007, 04:51 PM         #421
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegame23 said:
Where's everyone at?? Let's get it fired up a little in here!!!! Less than 4 hours til' kickoff. I know its only Miami, but this game is big for us to keep hold of the division and we are gonna be without Polamalu and Santonio so....HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!! WOOT WOOT!! :applause:

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!! WOOT WOOT!! :applause:

P.S. Where was Joey Porter's trash talkin' at this week???? lol

how can he talk sh*t on the team he won his superbowl ring w/?

I agree i want total DOMINATION tonight!!!!!!!!

Lets get pumped up for some steelers football yins guys!!!!
:applause::applause:
 11-26-2007, 05:19 PM         #422
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pregame stats

Steelers vs. Dolphins

Pittsburgh Steelers (7-3) vs. Miami Dolphins (0-10)

Date: Monday, Nov. 26, 2007

Kickoff: 8:30 p.m., ET

Site: Heinz Field (65,050) • Pittsburgh, Pa.

Playing Surface: Grass/DD Grassmaster

TV Coverage: ESPN-TV

Announcers: Mike Tirico (play-by-play) Tony Kornheiser (color analyst) Ron Jaworski (color analyst) Michele Tafoya (sideline) Suzy Kolber (sideline)

Local Radio: Steelers Radio Network WDVE-FM (102.5)/WBGG-AM (970)

Announcers: Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play) Tunch Ilkin (color analyst) Craig Wolfley (sideline)

A Look at the Coaches

Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin

Overall Regular-season Record: 7-3 (.700)/first season

Regular-season Record at Pittsburgh: 7-3 (.700)/first season

Playoff Record/Years: n/a

Miami Dolphins Head Coach Cam Cameron

Overall Regular-season Record: 0-10 (.000)/first season

Regular-season Record at Miami: 0-10 (.000)/first season

Playoff Record/Years: n/a

Series History

Series History: Began in 1971

Overall: Miami leads 11-10

At Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh leads 6-3

At Miami: Miami leads 8-4

Neutral Sites: n/a

Last Regular Season Meeting: Sept. 7, 2006 (in Pittsburgh)

Pittsburgh 28, Miami 17

Postseason Series: Miami leads 2-1

(postseason record included in overall series record)

Pittsburgh is 10-11 all-time against the Miami Dolphins in the regular season...this marks the second straight season the teams have played a night game versus each other as Pittsburgh hosted the Dolphins on a Thursday night to open the NFL season last year at Heinz Field...the Steelers prevailed 28-17...the series is tied 2-2 in Monday Night Football matchups, with the last one played on Nov. 25, 1996, a 24-17 Pittsburgh victory in Miami...Pittsburgh is 6-3 all-time at home against Miami and this is the second game between the teams at Heinz Field...in the regular season, the Steelers have won seven of the past 10 meetings between the two teams...Pittsburgh’s 40-24 victory over the Dolphins on Dec. 18, 1988, snapped a five-game losing streak in the series.

Steelers-Florida Connections

Sunshine State Connections: Several Steelers have ties to the Miami area and the Dolphins. CB Bryant McFadden (Hollywood, Fla.) played collegiate ball at Florida State while OT Max Starks (Orlando) played for the Florida Gators. S Tyrone Carter (Pompano Beach), CB William Gay (Tallahasee) and WR Santonio Holmes (Belle Glade) are from Florida. Dolphins with Pittsburgh connections include LB Joey Porter, who played for the Steelers (1999-2006) and was the team’s third-round draft choice in 1999; DE Jason Taylor, who was born in Pittsburgh and played sports at Woodland Hills High (homeschooled); defensive coordinator Dom Capers was the defensive coordinator for the Steelers from 1992-94; tight ends coach Mike Mularkey was Pittsburgh’s special teams coach for five years and its offensive coordinator for three seasons; special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong played and coached under Steelers WR coach Bruce Arians (head coach) and Steelers DL coach John Mitchell at Temple University from 1983-86.

What To Look For|

PITTSBURGH TEAM NOTES

• The Steelers look for their NFL-record 13th straight home win on Monday Night Football.

• Pittsburgh looks its third straight victory over the Miami Dolphins and its second straight at Heinz Field against Miami.

• The Steelers are looking to improve to 7-3 at home all-time against the Miami Dolphins.

• Pittsburgh is looking for its fourth win in its last five games against an AFC East team, dating back to last season’s opener against Miami.

• The Steelers look to improve to 6-0 at Heinz Field this season.

• The Steelers look to improve to 6-2 against AFC opponents this year.

PITTSBURGH INDIVIDUAL NOTES

Head Coach Mike Tomlin

• Looks to become just the second coach in team history to have a winning record in his first season (Bill Cowher). Tomlin is 7-3 in his first season with the Steelers.

WR Hines Ward

• Needs one 100-yard receiving game to move into sole possession of second place on the team’s all-time receiving list. He currently has16, which is tied with Louis Lipps (1984-91).

• Needs two touchdown receptions to break the all-time record held by John Stallworth (63). Ward currently has 62 receiving touchdowns.

• Needs 290 receiving yards to become the Steelers’ all-time receiving yardage leader. He currently has 8,434 and trails only John Stallworth (8,723).

RB Willie Parker

• Needs 59 rushing yards to move into seventh place on the team’s all-time rushing list ahead of Rocky Bleier (3,865). Parker currently has 3,807 career rushing yards.

• Needs 75 yards to reach 1,000 yards rushing for the third straight season. He currently has 925 rushing yards on the year and looks to become the first back to gain 1,000 yards rushing in three straight years since Jerome Bettis accomplished the feat six straight years (1996-2001). Parker would also become just the third running back in team history to achieve the mark (Bettis, Franco Harris).

• Needs two 100-yard rushing games to move into third place on the team’s all-time list ahead of Barry Foster (20). Parker currently has 19 career 100-yard rushing games.

• Needs three rushing touchdowns to move into the team’s all-time Top 10 for rushing touchdowns. He currently has 18 rushing touchdowns.

QB Ben Roethlisberger

• Needs 76 passing attempts to move into sixth place on the team’s all-time list ahead of Mark Malone (1,374). Roethlisberger currently has 1,299 career passing attempts.

• Needs one 300-yard passing game to move into a tie for second place on the team’s all-time list with Neil O’Donnell. Roethlisberger currently has four and is tied with Terry Bradshaw.

• Needs one touchdown pass on the season to move into a tie for third place on the team’s single-season passing touchdowns list with Terry Bradshaw (1980). He currently has a career-high 23 touchdown passes on the season and is just five touchdowns shy of the team record of 28 in a single season (Bradshaw).

TE Heath Miller

• Needs one touchdown catch to surpass his previous career best of six touchdowns in a single season. Following his two-yard touchdown reception in Week 10 against Cleveland, Miller has tied his career high with his sixth touchdown catch of the year.

K Jeff Reed

• Needs 16 points to reach 600 career points.
 10 years ago '07        #423
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1123 1123
Being in Pittsburgh for the game>>>>>>>>>>>>
 11-26-2007, 08:04 PM         #424
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MOTTAFOOKAH said:
Being in Pittsburgh for the game>>>>>>>>>>>>
wooooooooooooooooooo

fu*kin porter w/ that int!!!!!!!!!!
 11-26-2007, 10:08 PM         #425
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

me vs. an entire thread
 11-26-2007, 10:35 PM         #426
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hahahahahahahahaha and dude gave me props after it was over.. what is that. haahahahahaha
 10 years ago '05        #427
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
was a crazy a.ss game though
 11-27-2007, 04:30 PM         #428
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hell yea it was.. i didnt think our O played that well, i did like what i was seein from our D tho. I dont care what anybody else says but that felid was fu*kin horrible and had alot to do with what occured.
 10 years ago '05        #429
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
 Bella420 said:
hell yea it was.. i didnt think our O played that well, i did like what i was seein from our D tho. I dont care what anybody else says but that felid was fu*kin horrible and had alot to do with what occured.
yeah its true...win or lose that field played a big part in the game
 10 years ago '05        #430
thegame23 
space
space
space
$156 | Props total: 0 0
That field is terrible. I been sayin' for years they needed to go to the artificial. It's either that or you don't let Pitt or the High School football championships be played there. That was also embarassing having our field look like that and seen on national tv. Anyways.........I don't think you can really look into this game at all do to the circumstances....the only thing I get out of it is that good teams find ways to win games and thats exactly what the Steelers did last nite and the Dolphins couldn't do.

Next Game: It's our last meeting with the Bungholes this year. I am worried about this game. Its Sunday Night Football and you know the Bungholes are gonna come out to play. Once again our offensive line really needs to pick it up...they are looking terrible. Ben also needs to get rid of the ball when nothing is there and quit taking sacks. I'll be at the game Sunday Night and I haven't seen em lose yet this year (of course they are undefeated at home this year) lol but hopefully we can bring home another big one! :applause:
 10 years ago '05        #431
thegame23 
space
space
space
I would just like to say rest in peace to Sean Taylor. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Especially for his little one who last his dad at 1 yr old. The Redskins defense will be lining up with no free safety for the first play. I like the idea, its a class act, similar to what USC did at the beginning of the season lining up for an extra point with no kicker (of course their kicker passed over the summer I believe) and they took a delay of game penalty.
 11-29-2007, 12:58 AM         #432
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegame23 said:
I would just like to say rest in peace to Sean Taylor. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Especially for his little one who last his dad at 1 yr old. The Redskins defense will be lining up with no free safety for the first play. I like the idea, its a class act, similar to what USC did at the beginning of the season lining up for an extra point with no kicker (of course their kicker passed over the summer I believe) and they took a delay of game penalty.
:applause::applause:
 10 years ago '05        #433
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
Steelers players lobby against artificial turf

Article & Video of Willie Parker & Ike Taylor on the situation

what y'all think? grass or turf?

Last edited by The Utmost; 11-29-2007 at 06:19 AM..
 11-30-2007, 08:58 AM         #434
EMS the God  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
apparently its bad for the knees, i remember 3 rivers having it and the players would show us their scars in pop warner and theyd be black men with completely white knuckles & sh*t.

i know willie wants it tho..

i mean keep the sh*tface field, we already got a stadium with a fu*king opening in the side
 10 years ago '05        #435
thegame23 
space
space
space
OK...this is the way I see the field situation. I understand about having grass and you want that natural surface, but if PITT and the High School Championship games are going to continue to be played there then you have to go to the artificial turf. I personally don't think that PITT or those High School games should be played there, but thats just my opinion. And about the injuries with the turf....yes there may be a few more, but turf has gotten a lot better. Three Rivers turf was absolutely horrible....that may be why u say they were all messed up all the time. It was also very very thin. Thats one of the main reasons they wanted to get rid of it. I have a few pieces of the turf from Three Rivers...trust me its thin.

All in all, I say lets go to the turf. Especially if Willie is gonna be our back for future years....lets see his speed at full potential. Plus I think it will make it look nicer and we actually won't be embarassed to have our field shown on national TV. I mean the High School I went to has the new nice artifical turf now come on.
 10 years ago '05        #436
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
just have to see what happens after this season i guess but that miami game was terrible and thats whats gonna happen everytime
 10 years ago '05        #437
thegame23 
space
space
space
It won't always be as bad as it was during the Miami game....for the rest of this season it will be, but its always been bad just never as bad as the Miami game. As of right now they are probably just like fu*k it cuz there are only 2 more games left at Heinz this year. The only problem with that is....once again our terrible field will be on national TV again this Sunday.
 10 years ago '05        #438
thegame23 
space
space
space
I also just wanted to point out for those of you who maybe haven't heard this. The Rooney's went down to WVU this week and were checking out their new artificial turf down there to see how it was and if they liked it.
 11-30-2007, 06:08 PM         #439
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Alright im finaly back. Been stuck out in the field for the last 33 days. so whats going on with everyone?
 12-02-2007, 04:04 PM         #440
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So wheres everyone at? Everyone ready for this game tonight. I know I am.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
122 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
19 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
49 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy