The Pittsburgh Steelers

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
118 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #321
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
 10-21-2007, 05:10 PM         #322
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn almost game time. Like two more hours
 10-21-2007, 07:14 PM         #323
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Alright its game time. Here we go
 10-21-2007, 08:26 PM         #324
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well our O came out looking good but its a good thing we got a good D cause Roethlisburger just threw his second INT of the game. DAMN IT
 10-21-2007, 08:33 PM         #325
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krieger08 said:
Alright its game time. Here we go
here we go steelers!!!! here we go!!!!! *waves terrible towel!*
 10-21-2007, 10:29 PM         #326
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WOW we just got worked with a bunch of second stringers. Thats pretty embarrasing right there.
 10 years ago '05        #327
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
i literally only saw the 1st 2 drives of this game and had to leave it at 7-7 then i comeback and the broncos are kicking the winning FG :banghead:
 10-22-2007, 06:45 PM         #328
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
=( what a game..
 10 years ago '06        #329
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
at least hopefully we a.ssume the underdog role again. we were startin to get too much respect from ppl. hopefully this game is a wake up call for us...that loss gets pinned on our O-Line (abysmal first half wow) and our defense. big game next week, bengals comin off a huge come from behind win against jets...but i've seen them play a few times this year and their defense is just brutal, o-line not great either...hopefully we exploit that.
 10-23-2007, 12:35 AM         #330
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ that hurts shooter..i'm talkin about ur avy and sig of course

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the Post Gazette -- Preliminary reports are that defensive end Aaron Smith, who left the game with a sprained MCL in his knee, is unlikely to play against Cincinnati. ... Roethlisberger tied a career high with his four touchdown passes, giving him 13 after six games this season. In his first three NFL seasons, he finished with 17, 17 and 18 touchdown passes.

Last edited by flex001; 10-23-2007 at 12:47 AM..
 10-23-2007, 09:54 PM         #331
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah we should be droped quite a bit in the rankings and maybe that will give us something to f!ght for. So I wonder what went up on Mike Tomlins news paper this week lol???
 10-27-2007, 03:24 AM         #332
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHootar said:
at least hopefully we a.ssume the underdog role again. we were startin to get too much respect from ppl. hopefully this game is a wake up call for us...that loss gets pinned on our O-Line (abysmal first half wow) and our defense. big game next week, bengals comin off a huge come from behind win against jets...but i've seen them play a few times this year and their defense is just brutal, o-line not great either...hopefully we exploit that.
yea i'm not use to this respect sh*t, usually everybody is talkin all kinds of sh*t on us.. they jus hate cuz we're jus that good.. all i can say is i hope we pull our sh*t together n beat the a.ss sunday.
 10-27-2007, 03:41 PM         #333
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So this thread has been really quiet this week. I guess thats usualy what happens when your team looks bad lol. Where are my true steeler fans at? We comin back this weekend
 10 years ago '06        #334
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
^^ i been maaadd busy with school....but u can bet i'm watchin steelers every sunday like its the first game of the year!

steelers are looking like the steelers i know today...its been a while...bout time. offense is unstoppable its pretty to watch. the playcalling has been outstanding unlike a few weeks (surprise pass plays on 1st down, more shotgun with ben which is when hes the best). just as long as the secondary can contain these guys this is an ez W with the way willies runnin
 10-28-2007, 02:09 PM         #335
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good morning Family ...

As you suit up in your Steeler gear this morning I ask that you do one thing. Take a minute to reflect on why it is you love Steeler football. It may be genetic, inheritant, fate or just dumb luck. But regardless of your history you can't help but come back to Steelers history. And it all starts with one man. The late, great, and beloved Mr. Art Rooney Sr.

"The Chief" as we are honored to call him, started this thing of ours in 1933. Today, 75 years later each of us can confidently proclaim The Pittsburgh Steelers as the greatest, most loved and most widely supported franchise in sports history. So how do we repay?

This is a very simple request and in no way profound. Today, when you and your family and friends are rooting on our Steelers, I ask this. Whether you are a fan taking over Paul Brown Stadium, sitting in your local Steeler bar, or watching from your home ... In the 1st Quarter, at the 9 minute and 33 second mark, look to your left and right. Then Raise your Terrible Towel with PRIDE and start a "HERE WE GO STEELERS ... HERE WE GO!" cheer. Don't sweat the timing, as it will never work out at the exact 9:33 mark in the 1st Quarter, but initiate it just prior to or just after. The point and the power here is to honor "The Chief". So say it loud and say it proud!!! 75 years of FAMILY! GO STEELERS!!!

Who-Dey ... WE- DEY!

Grazie,

~ The Godfather

10-28-2007, 03:13 PM         #336
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And Now Time For More Pics!!! WOOOOOOOOO!! haha

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by flex001; 10-28-2007 at 03:15 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #337
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,622 | Props total: 2275 2275
I sooooo miss coming on here during the games. So much is going on @ my job, I'll prob never get another sunday off. Sucks bad. I gotta get an Iphone or PDA or something. Ehhhh. @ least the Stillers are 5-2.
 10-29-2007, 01:46 AM         #338
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yumflip said:
I sooooo miss coming on here during the games. So much is going on @ my job, I'll prob never get another sunday off. Sucks bad. I gotta get an Iphone or PDA or something. Ehhhh. @ least the Stillers are 5-2.
yeah i hear ya.. how bout i missed the game today cuz i thought it was on at 8:15.. i was a lil fu*ked up last night n must of looked at the wrong time.. and i'm off every sunday beside next one cuz they had to switch my day just for the week... but damn i'm still mad as hell i missed tha game :banghead:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[pic - click to view]

Steelers dominate in 24-13 win over the Bengals

The Steelers dominated the Bengals early and held them off late to come away with a 24-13 win on the road.

The victory improves the Steelers record to 5-2 as they maintain the lead in the AFC North, while the Bengals fall to 2-5 and in last place in the North.

“It’s great to come into a hostile environment versus a division opponent and get a win,” said head coach Mike Tomlin. “I am pleased with how the guys competed today. We had a simple plan, it was no thrills, and guys executed to the letter.”

Willie Parker carried the ball 22 times for 126 yards and a touchdown. Ben Roethlisberger completed 19 of 26 passes for 230 yards and two touchdowns.

“I thought Ben was awesome today,” said Tomlin. “Willie ran the ball well. We were good in the trenches with the offensive line.”

Hines Ward came through with eight receptions for 88 yards and two touchdown receptions.

The Steelers allowed an explosive Bengals offense to get into the end zone only once, despite them threatening several times in the first half.

“Defensively I have to take my hat off to those guys,” said Tomlin. “They have a high-powered offense. They have a great quarterback, they have great wide receivers. I thought the key for us was we made them kick field goals in the first half. To hold that offense to 13 points on the road in the type of situation they were in, my hat goes off to those guys.”

The Steelers opening drive stalled on their own 45-yard line, but that would not be a sign of things to come as that was the only time they had to punt all day.

Carson Palmer completed six of seven passes for 60 yards on the Bengals first drive, finding four different receivers. He completed three passes to Chad Johnson and a 17-yard completion to DeDe Dorsey.

The Bengals looked poised to put the ball in the end one with first-and-10-from the Steelers 13-yard line. Kenny Watson was knocked for a six-yard loss by Larry Foote and Clark Haggans. Watson got the lost yardage right back with a six-yard gain. On third-and-10 Anthony Smith had blanket coverage on T.J. Houshmandzadeh in the end zone, forcing the incompletion. The Bengals had to settle for three with a Shayne Graham field goal.

It didn’t take long for the Steelers to erase the Bengals lead. Parker looked like he was going to be stuffed up the middle, but he bounced off left tackle for a 12-yard gain. Roethlisberger aired it out to Santonio Holmes for a 42-yard gain to the Bengals 16-yard line, a play the Bengals challenged but the ruling of a completion was upheld. A false start call on Kendall Simmons pushed the Steelers back to the 21-yard line. Roethlisberger then found Ward wide open in the end zone for the 21-yard touchdown, putting the Steelers up 7-3.

Watson got the Bengals offense going with a seven-yard run and came back two plays later with a nine-yard carry. On second-and-one Palmer couldn’t connect with Johnson, who was double-covered in the end zone. Watson fumbled on third-and-one, recovered, but was stopped for no gain forcing the Bengals to punt.

Roethlisberger and company went back to work from their 20-yard line. Carey Davis took a potential loss and turned it into a five-yard gain. Roethlisberger hit Heath Miller for a 23-yard gain to their 49-yard line. Parker had two short gains, giving the Steelers third-and-four at the Bengals 45-yard line. Bengals defensive tackle John Thornton got a hold of Roethlisberger around the ankle for the potential sack, but the elusive Roethlisberger got free and turned it into a seven-yard completion to Santonio Holmes. Parker broke a 17-yard gain down the left sideline and Ward pulled in a 13-yard reception to the eight-yard line. Roethlisberger capped the 80-yard drive by finding Ward for his second touchdown of the day to give the Steelers a 14-3 lead.

It was the Bengals turn to try to do some damage on offense. Palmer completed seven of seven passes on the drive for 46 yards, taking the Bengals down to the Steelers two-yard line where they were faced with fourth-and-one. The Bengals called time out and left the offense on the field, but after the time out the field goal team took the field to the displeasure of the home crowd and Graham connected on a 20-yard field goal.

The Steelers got the ball back with just over two minutes to play and instead of sitting on the ball looked to extend their lead. Parker had a huge 32-yard run on a draw play to the Bengals 35-yard line. Roethlisberger connected with Holmes for gains of 10 and 12 yards. Roethlisberger then hit Ward for a nine-yard gain to the one-yard line. Parker took it in for the one-yard touchdown, giving the Steelers a 21-6 lead going into the half.

The second half opened with a quick three and out for the Bengals, punting it away just one minute into the half.

With the ball back in their hands the Steelers had a chance to possibly put the Bengals away. Roethlisberger scrambled for nine yards for a first down and Parker tore off to six-yard gains for another first down. Roethlisberger went to the air for a 19-yard completion to Miller to the Bengals 32-yard line. The Steelers controlled the clock as they drove deep into Bengals territory. On third-and-seven from the Bengals 11-yard line Roethlisberger looked to make something happen, but it was the defense that would get the upper hand. Deltha O’Neal intercepted Roethlisberger and returned it seven yards to the 12-yard line.

The Bengals made the Steelers pay for the mistake. Palmer moved them down field with precision, with a key fourth-down conversion when he hit Johnson for a 14-yard gain. He capped the drive with a nine-yard touchdown pass to Houshmandzadeh to pull the Bengals within eight at 21-13 in the fourth quarter.

It was then Roethlisberger’s turn to get the Steelers going again. He completed an 11-yard pass to Ward and hit Holmes for 12-yards. He went back to Ward for a 13-yard gain to the Bengals 30-yard line. They were unable to convert on third-and-10 and called upon Jeff Reed, who responded with a 40-yard field goal to extend the lead to 24-13.

With time starting to become a factor the Bengals went to work fast. Palmer hit Houshmandzadeh for 28-yards to the Steelers 33-yard line. Watson added carries of nine and eight yards to the Steelers 16-yard line. With the Bengals threatening to score it was time for the defense to step up big. James Harrison stripped the ball from Watson and came up with the recovery at the 12-yard line to seal the victory.

Last edited by flex001; 10-29-2007 at 02:17 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy