Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #301
thegame23 
space
space
space
$156 | Props total: 0 0
 Krieger08 said:
So were up to Number 3 in all the rankings
To add to this....Greeny on Mike and Mike in the Morning said that the Steelers will be the #2 seed in the AFC playoffs behind the Pats.....not the defending champion Colts
 10 years ago '06        #302
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
yeah honestly i'm really surprised with the amount of respect we're getin from the media and just ppl in general. even during our superbowl run no one gave us any respect, and i thought after last years season, and our "soft" sched so far this year, ppl wouldnt have us near top 3 yet. i dont like this respect we gettin lol :banghead:

ps. looks like we got most of our troops back for this weekend...cept dont think mcfadden suitin up
 10-17-2007, 11:48 PM         #303
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegame23 said:
To add to this....Greeny on Mike and Mike in the Morning said that the Steelers will be the #2 seed in the AFC playoffs behind the Pats.....not the defending champion Colts
Yeah I was watchin ESPN this morning and I dont remember who it was but there was like 3 of them and they were talking about how the pats would do and end the reg season and two of the three had them 14-2 losing to Indy and Pitts and the other had them 15-1 losing to Pitts. Were gettin a lot of respest. I hope Tomlin can keep there heads from gettin to big and keep em on track.
 10-18-2007, 01:32 AM         #304
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHootar said:
yeah honestly i'm really surprised with the amount of respect we're getin from the media and just ppl in general. even during our superbowl run no one gave us any respect, and i thought after last years season, and our "soft" sched so far this year, ppl wouldnt have us near top 3 yet. i dont like this respect we gettin lol :banghead:

ps. looks like we got most of our troops back for this weekend...cept dont think mcfadden suitin up
yeah i'm use to the hate...and being the underdog..

but it is gonna be tha pats and n steelers in tha acf championship and the pat are gonna get the beatin the was post to get when we won the fu*kin super bowl!

Last edited by flex001; 10-18-2007 at 01:34 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #305
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
broncos this sunday and i dont see champ bailey being a factor at all...
 10 years ago '05        #306
thegame23 
space
space
space
$156 | Props total: 0 0
 The Utmost said:
broncos this sunday and i dont see champ bailey being a factor at all...
Yeah and he is banged up a little bit...he hasnt been practicing but he is tellin' everyone that he will be starting on Sunday. This is a pretty big game for the Bronco's.....we just need to exploit that last ranked rush defense in the NFL that the Bronco's have. And of course we have the 2nd best rushing offense in the NFL so we should be golden...but we all know how that goes sometimes...It also looks like we will have everyone back except McFadden who might be out even a couple more weeks...but I am really likin William Gay anyways...he looked great in preseason and continues to look good.
 10-19-2007, 10:06 PM         #307
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I cant help but sit here and think damn it, is it ever going to be sunday?
 10-20-2007, 02:46 AM         #308
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krieger08 said:
I cant help but sit here and think damn it, is it ever going to be sunday?
lol me too... i cant wait til tha steelers play and i'm off :D but wont be here for the game...
 10 years ago '05        #309
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
im just glad its the late game cause im getting it on TV regardless
 10-20-2007, 01:33 PM         #310
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One day more day guys!! Tomorrows Steelers Sunday!!

I'm bored so here are some game pix

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

10-20-2007, 03:04 PM         #311
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Utmost said:
im just glad its the late game cause im getting it on TV regardless
Yeah I hear that lol. Atleast Il get it in HD

Last edited by Krieger08; 10-20-2007 at 03:05 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #312
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
yeah sh*t i cant wait for 8:15 tmrw...got 2 midterms monday morning but theres no way i'm not watching football all day tmwr and the nite game ha

i also dont think broncos secondary will be that much of a problem. i sorta think hines gonna be contained by champ...but i think santonio gonna be able to get behind the secondary on a couple plays, hopefully ben hits him with one. cuz u KNOW they gonna be stackin the box, johnny gonna be salivatin at the line...so i'm hopin for a play action to santonio over the top....blys a great corner but holmes gonna bust him for at least one big one.

i think even tho broncos rush defense has been brutal this year, they'll tighten up for primetime at home...and willie gonna have a lotta short gains...but if they stick with it, he'll bust one too...and it really dont matter cuz broncos O wont score over 13 points on us guaranteed.
 10-20-2007, 04:49 PM         #313
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ Agreed. Our O having a good game is what everyone is talking about on ESPN and everywhere but thats not even our strong spot. Our strong spot is our D. We have only given up 47 points in 5 games or 9.4 PPG. Denver has only scored 75 points in 5 games or 15 PPG. Our D should have a really good game and we should win just on that.
 10 years ago '06        #314
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
^^ yup...i'm only expectin 2 tds out of our offense...or i should say i'll be happy if they give us 2 tds and a fg or 2...but i expect or defense to swallow up their O. hopefully we can double marshall cuz i think hes their only weapon that can hurt us. but ike and deshea been doin a pretty good job this year hopefully they can keep it up. but damn i dont think henry gonna get more than 55 yrds on us max. esp with his running style, i like this matchup.

i'm thinkin 20-10 or somethin around that.

made a game thread cuz i was bored

10 years ago '05        #315
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
all i see is 5-1...im wack a predicting scores
 10-20-2007, 07:52 PM         #316
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol yeah I already saw your game thread right after you made it I think. I put my guess on there. 21-6 Steelers
 10-20-2007, 11:32 PM         #317
newport shortz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can't wait for the Steelers and Jags game we always have good match ups... Too bad we aren't in the same division anymore.

It's going to be an extremely good game this year to especially in Pittsburgh cold weather and our clubs should have nice records.
 10-21-2007, 02:30 AM         #318
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What To Look For

PITTSBURGH TEAM NOTES

• Pittsburgh looks to start the season 5-1 for the second time in four years (2004).

• Pittsburgh looks for its ninth win in its past 11 regular-season games overall, dating back to last year.

• The Steelers look to improve their overall series record against Denver to 10-15-1.

• Pittsburgh looks to improve to 11-12 all-time in Sunday night games and looks to win its third game in the past four in such games.

• Pittsburgh attempts to snap a three-game regular-season losing streak in Denver.

PITTSBURGH INDIVIDUAL NOTES

Head Coach Mike Tomlin

• Looks to become just the second coach in team history to have a winning record in his first season (Bill Cowher). Tomlin is 4-1 in his first season with the Steelers.

• Looks to become the first Steelers head to begin his career with a 5-1 record. His 4-1 record is already the best start ever for a Steelers rookie head coach.

WR Hines Ward

• Needs one 100-yard receiving game to move into sole possession of second place on the team’s all-time receiving list. He currently has 16, which is tied with Louis Lipps (1984-91).

• Needs one touchdown catch for 60 in his career to become only the 2nd Steeler to reach that plateau (John Stallworth - 63).

• Needs five touchdown receptions to break the all-time record held by Stallworth (63).

• Needs 611 receiving yards to become the Steelers’ all-time receiving yardage leader. He currently has 8,113 and trails only John Stallworth (8,723).

RB Willie Parker

• Needs 477 yards to move into seventh place on the team’s all-time rushing list ahead of Rocky Bleier (3,865). Parker currently has 3,389 career rushing yards.

• Needs four 100-yard rushing games to move into third place on the team’s all-time list ahead of Barry Foster (20). Parker currently has 17 career 100-yard rushing games.

• Needs four rushing touchdowns to move into the team’s all-time Top 10 for rushing touchdowns. He currently has 17 rushing touchdowns.

QB Ben Roethlisberger

• Needs 573 passing yards to move ahead of Bubby Brister (10,104) for fourth place on the team’s all-time passing yardage list. Roethlisberger currently has 9,532 career passing yards.

• Needs 468 passing yards to become just the fifth quarterback in team history to pass for at least 10,000 yards in a career. He currently has 9,532 career passing yards.

• Needs one 300-yard passing game to move into a tie for second place on the team’s all-time list with Neil O’Donnell. Roethlisberger currently has four and is tied with Terry Bradshaw.

• Needs 52 completions to move ahead of Bubby Brister (776) for fourth place on the team’s career passes completed list. Roethlisberger has 725.

• Needs seven touchdown passes to move into a tie for fourth place on the team’s all-time list. He currently has 60, seven behind Bobby Layne (67) and eight behind Neil O’Donnell (68).

• Needs three completions to start the game to break the team record for consecutive completions (15), held by Bubby Brister (10/1/89 at Detroit) and Terry Bradshaw (1/9/83 vs. San Diego). Roethlisberger finished with 13 straight completions in the Week 5 Seattle victory.
 10-21-2007, 02:39 AM         #319
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

The following are some of the interesting matchups to watch when the Steelers travel to Denver for a Sunday night game against the Broncos....

STEELERS NT CASEY HAMPTON VS. BRONCOS C CHRIS MYERS:
It was during the 2003 season when Casey Hampton established his reputation around the NFL as a Pro Bowl nose tackle, and it was because of his performance against Broncos Pro Bowl center Tom Nalen. But Nalen tore a biceps and was placed on the injured reserve list a couple of weeks ago, and he has been replaced by Chris Myers, a third-year pro from Miami. This apparently would indicate a drop-off in talent, which should therefore benefit the Steelers. But as the Steelers showed against the Seahawks, teams often are able to overcome the loss of starters. “I am sure, and we have to a.ssume, that they take the same approach that we do, which means they can’t let (injuries) be a deciding factor for them,” said Coach Mike Tomlin. “They have quality men at backup positions, as do we, and that is the nature of the National Football League. The difference between being a Pro Bowler and a backup is really minute from a talent standpoint. It is more about your ability to retain information and your willingness to compete and win. We will see how that shakes out.” The Broncos are going to have to run the football successfully against the Steelers to have a chance to win, and they have been good at that so far. But to do it against the Steelers, the Broncos are going to have to get the nose tackle blocked.

STEELERS QB BEN ROETHLISBERGER VS. BRONCOS CB CHAMP BAILEY
:

If Champ Bailey isn’t the best cornerback in football, he’s in the top two, and unlike someone such as Deion Sanders, Bailey is a complete player in that he’ll step up and make a tackle when it’s required. Bailey had 10 interceptions last season, and since 2004 he leads all NFL players with 21 interceptions. He only has one so far this season, but that’s simply a result of opposing quarterbacks throwing the ball to the other side of the field. Coach Mike Tomlin said the Steelers won’t do that as a matter of course. “We have to distribute the football, make our reads and play our game. That being said, his reputation is legitimate,” said Tomlin. “He’s got a lot of film to back up his reputation. He is a great player and we have to deal with him, which makes it exciting and I’m sure Hines Ward is glad to be back this week.” In the 2005 AFC Championship Game, the Steelers went at Bailey a couple of times early in the game and were somewhat successful. And even though the Broncos figure to need help from Steelers turnovers in order to have a chance to win, Tomlin said he won’t order Roethlisberger to stay away from Bailey’s side of the field. “You can’t do that. You have to compete,” said Tomlin. “That is the nature of this game. People throw at him every week and every week he proves that he is good, but you still have to throw at him. That is what makes this game great.” Avoiding Bailey’s side of the field completely might not be the way to go, but attacking him isn’t real smart, either.

STEELERS TE HEATH MILLER VS. BRONCOS SLB NATE WEBSTER:
The Denver Broncos have one of the most productive backs in the league this season in Travis Henry; they are averaging almost 140 yards rushing per game, and they’re averaging 4.8 yards per rushing attempt. And still, the Broncos are giving up more rushing yards than they’re gaining. Part of the reason for that may be traced to the team’s decision to part with MLB Al Wilson, who was an important part of that defense for many seasons. To replace Wilson, the Broncos moved D.J. Williams from the outside to the middle, and the new guy in the trio is Webster, who came to Denver as an unrestricted free agent from Cincinnati. Miller has been attracting a lot of attention among Steelers fans for his receiving so far this season, but he remains one of the best blocking tight ends in the NFL. Willie Parker is a threat to break a long run from anywhere on the field, and one of the keys to breaking those kinds of runs is the tight end being able to seal off his man so the back can get to the corner.

STEELERS LT MARVEL SMITH VS. BRONCOS DE ELVIS DUMERVIL:

“Marvel has been very solid. He’s been what you expect from a veteran left tackle,” said Tomlin. “Marvel is not low maintenance, he is no maintenance. He is a professional. He shows up and he is always ready to play.” Smith’s a.ssignment this week is Dumervil, a 5-11, 260 pound pass-rusher supreme, who is listed as a defensive end. Dumervil leads the Broncos with four sacks, and he’s also tied for the team lead with one interception. No one else among the Broncos has more than one sack so far.

Last edited by flex001; 10-21-2007 at 02:40 AM..
 10-21-2007, 02:45 AM         #320
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
121 - 3 steelers :rasta::sleepy:

i'm fu*kin..... :blown: :sleepy:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
33 comments
1 day ago