The Pittsburgh Steelers

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
35 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
54 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-23-2007, 03:45 PM         #241
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bella420 said:
We are straight dominatin the NFL!!! Let me be the first to say it.. WHAT THE fu*k TOMLIN? ..nobody body could say hey mike throw that red towel.. Benny boy has to save the day! :applause:Crushin on the 49's

here we go steelers here we go! :D:D:applause:
how fu*kin drunk are u?

throw in the red towel... *dies* u mean tha red flag...
 09-23-2007, 03:47 PM         #242
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krieger08 said:
Where you at? I guess you can finish that sentance now lol.
u wont be seeing him all week...
 10 years ago '05        #243
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
3-0
 09-23-2007, 07:12 PM         #244
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So if the Cowboys win tonight then there will only be 5 teams left undefeated. Theres not many teams left after week three without a lose. We got AZ next week. I got to go to the field tonight/tomorrow morning at 2AM for a week so I wont be back tell next weekend.
 10 years ago '06        #245
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,617 | Props total: 2255 2255
Damn I miss pollyin w/y'all during games. Been working like the past 3 Sundays. I think I'll be off next week. Until then.......

HERE WE GO STILLERS...HERE WE GO!!!!

*Clap Clap*
 10 years ago '05        #246
lakersboy03 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,927 | Props total: 646 646
nice game bi*ches....
 10 years ago '06        #247
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
 lakersboy03 said:
nice game bi*ches....
stealin candy from a baby

i'll have ur avy in a sec...

...ur sig is waiting for u in yahoo pickem thread
 09-24-2007, 12:05 AM         #248
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pittsburgh extended its streak of not allowing a 100-yard runner to 27 games, dating to November 2005.

I didnt relize it had been that long that the D had held everyone off. Just thought I would share if anyone else didnt know
 09-24-2007, 01:35 AM         #249
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krieger08 said:
So if the Cowboys win tonight then there will only be 5 teams left undefeated. Theres not many teams left after week three without a lose. We got AZ next week. I got to go to the field tonight/tomorrow morning at 2AM for a week so I wont be back tell next weekend.
yeah i'm hopin that az will be a blow out again.. by 20 points..:D
 09-24-2007, 03:49 AM         #250
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 flex001 said:
how fu*kin drunk are u?

throw in the red towel... *dies* u mean tha red flag...
hahahaha its a burgh thing.. i may have not been drunk THIS game.. but i was hahahaha

ok so here is the off. run down of the game figured i could contribute :D

The Steelers improved their record to 3-0 with a 37-16 win over the San Francisco 49ers at Heinz Field.

The Steelers scored touchdowns on offense, defense and special teams.

For the first time this year the Steelers trailed, when San Francisco jumped out to a 3-0 lead. But they quickly erased that when Allen Rossum retuned the ensuing kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown.

“I thought that Allen Rossum’s return was awesome,” said head coach Mike Tomlin. “It’s the culmination of a lot of work. I feel like we’ve been close here the last several weeks on the kickoff return standpoint. Great play.”

Ben Roethlisberger hit Jerame Tuman for a nine-yard touchdown in the first quarter, and Najeh Davenport added a 39-yard touchdown run in the closing minutes of the game.

Bryant McFadden intercepted 49ers quarterback Alex Smith late in the game and returned it 50-yard for a touchdown.

Willie Parker had his third 100-yard game of the season as he carried the ball 24 times for 133 yards.

“We started to show some personality things and that’s what I was excited about today for the football team,” said Tomlin. “We ran the ball effectively, we played great ball on defense, we scored on defense. Special teams was a big contributor today.”

The 49ers moved the ball down the field to open the game, with Smith completing a key third down pass to Darrell Jackson. Frank Gore rattled off an eight-yard run off left tackle and on third and one Smith took it around right end for four-yards and the first-down. Smith went back to the air to Vernon Davis for 31-yards to the Steelers 14-yard line.

The defense tightened the reigns in the red zone, stopping Gore and forcing two incomplete passes. The 49ers had to settle for a 32-yard Joe Nedney field goal to give them a 3-0 lead.

It was a lead that didn’t last for long.

Rossum, who the Steelers acquired in a trade from Atlanta before the start of the season, returned Nedney’s kickoff 98-yards for a touchdown to put the Steelers on top 7-3.

The Steelers stopped the 49ers on their next drive, but it wasn’t long until they were called back into action. On the Steelers second offensive play of the game Roethlisberger was sacked by Hannibal Navies, fumbled and Navies came up with the recovery at the Steelers 22-yard line.

Smith went to work with great field position, but a stingy Steelers defense kept them out of the end zone again. Nedney hit a 22-yard field goal, to bring the 49ers within one at 7-6.

The 49ers stopped the Steelers on their next drive, forcing a punt by rookie Daniel Sepulveda. McFadden batted the ball back at the one-yard line and James Harrison downed it at the eight-yard line to bury the 49ers deep in their own territory.

Ike Taylor got pressure on Smith forcing him to throw the ball out of bounds. Gore was held for a four-yard gain, but then the 49ers got a boost when Michael Robinson took the handoff on the draw for a seven-yard gain. But another strong stand by the defense forced the 49ers to punt.

Both teams exchanged possessions with little offensive output and the defense dominating the game on both sides.

The Steelers tried some trickery on their next drive with Wilson getting the carry on the end around to the right side. With nowhere to go he cut back around to the left side, but Roethlisberger missed a block and he was stopped for no gain. Parker broke free on the next play for a 23-yard gain. The Steelers were called for illegal formation, but two plays later benefited from the officials flag with a defensive holding call against Nate Clements.

Roethlisberger hit a wide-open Heath Miller for a 20-yard gain to the 49ers 35-yard line. They were pushed back to the 43-yard line after Roethlisberger was sacked. Facing second-and-18 Parker’s number was called and he went off left tackle for 17 yards, giving them a third-and-one. Davenport went up the middle for a three-yard gain. Parker carried the ball for three and five-yards to the San Francisco 15-yard line. On third-and-two Hines Ward got the direct snap and took it off right tackle for seven yards.

The Steelers capitalized on the long drive when for the third straight week Roethlisberger went to one of his tight ends for a score, with Tuman pulling in a nine-yard touchdown pass to give the Steelers a 14-6 lead at the half.

The offense picked up where they left off to start the second half. Parker had a five-yard run and Roethlisberger followed it with an 18-yard rush while avoiding the pressure. Roethlisberger went to the air and hit Miller for a 29-yard gain to the 49ers 18-yard line. He went right back to Miller for a 16-yard gain, but San Francisco challenged the call and the officials overturned it, ruling Miller did not have both feet in bounds. The Steelers had to settle for a Jeff Reed field goal, giving them a 17-6 lead with 9:45 to play in the third quarter.

The 49ers got the ball on their own 22-yard line to start their next drive and steadily moved the ball to the Steelers 32-yard line. On third-and-13 Smith hit Davis for a 22-yard gain, but Troy Polamalu hit him, knocking the ball free and Ryan Clark recovered and returned it to the 49ers 47-yard line. The 49ers challenged the call and it was ruled an incompletion, negating the turnover. The 49ers took advantage of the break with Nedney’s third field goal of the game.

The Steelers got the three points right back when on their next drive Reed hit a 49-yard field goal to start the fourth quarter and extend the lead to 20-9.

The 49ers were able to get some momentum going on offense as Smith hit Arnez Battle for 11-yards and then Jackson for 17 and 20-yards. On third-and-nine the defense came up big when James Farrior sacked Smith for an eight-yard loss, forcing the 49ers to punt.

The Steelers were able to eat some key time off the clock with an 11-play drive that took 5:40 off the clock and culminated in Reed’s third field goal for a 23-9 lead.

The defense sealed the win when McFadden intercepted Smith and returned it 50-yard for the touchdown and the 30-9 lead.

The 49ers added a late touchdown, but the Steelers answered and walked away with a 37-16 win.

Notes: Ward left the game with a bone bruise. Sepulveda replaced Ward on the “hands-team” for an on-side kickoff late in the game and recovered.
 09-24-2007, 04:14 AM         #251
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Official Stat's of Steelers VS niners.. 37-16
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (2-1)
6 0 3 7 16
PITTSBURGH STEELERS (3-0)
7 7 3 20 37
LEADERS 49ERS STEELERS
Passing Smith (17/35/1) 209, 1 TD Roethlisberger (13/20/0) 160, 1 TD
Rushing Gore 14/39 Parker 24/133
Receiving Jackson 4/69 Miller 4/82

First Quarter
SF Pit Time Scoring Play
3 0 9:24 Joe Nedney 32 yd FG
3 7 9:12 Allen Rossum 98 yd kick return (Jeff Reed kick)
6 7 3:01 Joe Nedney 22 yd FG
Second Quarter
SF Pit Time Scoring Play
6 14 0:37 Jerame Tuman 9 yd pass from Ben Roethlisberger (Jeff Reed kick)
Third Quarter
SF Pit Time Scoring Play
6 17 9:41 Jeff Reed 36 yd FG
9 17 4:46 Joe Nedney 49 yd FG
Fourth Quarter
SF Pit Time Scoring Play
9 20 14:55 Jeff Reed 49 yd FG
9 23 4:59 Jeff Reed 35 yd FG
9 30 4:01 Bryant McFadden 50 yd interception return (Jeff Reed kick)
16 30 2:22 Taylor Jacobs 21 yd pass from Alex Smith (Joe Nedney kick)
16 37 1:51 Najeh Davenport 39 yd run (Jeff Reed kick)

Team Stats
SF Pit
First Downs 17 19
Rushes - Yards 22-91 33-205
Passing Yards 198 145
Return Yards 149 178
Comp-Att-Int 17-35-1 13-20-0
Sacked - Yards Lost 2-11 2-15
Punts - Average 5-57.2 2-42.0
Fumbles - Lost 0-0 1-1
Penalties - Yards 2-10 3-13
Time of Possession 28:40 31:20

Individual Stats
Rushing
San Francisco
Player Carries Yards TDs
Frank Gore 14 39 0
Alex Smith 3 32 0
Michael Robinson 2 8 0
Arnaz Battle 1 8 0
Zak Keasey 2 4 0

Pittsburgh
Player Carries Yards TDs
Willie Parker 24 133 0
Najeh Davenport 5 47 1
Ben Roethlisberger 1 18 0
Hines Ward 1 7 0
Charlie Batch 1 0 0
Cedrick Wilson 1 0 0

Passing
San Francisco
Player Att Comp Yards TDs Int
Alex Smith 35 17 209 1 1

Pittsburgh
Player Att Comp Yards TDs Int
Ben Roethlisberger 20 13 160 1 0

Receiving
San Francisco
Player Rec Yards TDs
Darrell Jackson 4 69 0
Vernon Davis 4 56 0
Delanie Walker 3 19 0
Arnaz Battle 2 27 0
Taylor Jacobs 2 26 1
Frank Gore 2 12 0

Pittsburgh
Player Rec Yards TDs
Heath Miller 4 82 0
Santonio Holmes 3 49 0
Carey Davis 3 9 0
Jerame Tuman 1 9 1
Willie Parker 1 9 0
Hines Ward 1 2 0

Missed Field Goals
San Francisco
none

Pittsburgh
none

Fumbles Lost
San Francisco
none

Pittsburgh
Player Fumbles Lost
Ben Roethlisberger 1 1

Opponent Fumble Recoveries
San Francisco
Player Fumrec Yards
Hannibal Navies 1 0

Pittsburgh
none

Defense
San Francisco
Player Tackles Assists Sacks
Michael Lewis 5 3 .5
Marques Douglas 7 1 .5
Patrick Willis 5 2 0
Derek Smith 2 5 0
Mark Roman 4 2 0
Nate Clements 4 2 0
Keith Lewis 1 1 0
Aubrayo Franklin 3 1 0
Hannibal Navies 1 3 1
Michael Robinson 0 0 0
Shawntae Spencer 2 0 0
Tully Banta-Cain 1 1 0
Walt Harris 1 1 0
Isaac Sopoaga 1 1 0
Marcus Hudson 1 0 0
Bryant Young 0 1 0

Pittsburgh
Player Tackles Assists Sacks
Troy Polamalu 5 3 0
James Harrison 4 1 0
Larry Foote 1 5 0
Anthony Smith 5 0 0
Ike Taylor 3 1 0
James Farrior 3 0 1
Casey Hampton 2 1 0
Ryan Clark 2 1 0
LaMarr Woodley 2 0 1
Arnold Harrison 0 0 0
Lawrence Timmons 0 0 0
Travis Kirschke 2 0 0
Aaron Smith 2 0 0
Carey Davis 0 0 0
William Gay 0 0 0
Marvel Smith 0 0 0
Deshea Townsend 1 0 0
Allen Rossum 0 0 0
Tyrone Carter 1 0 0
Nick Eason 1 0 0
Bryant McFadden 1 0 0
Clint Kriewaldt 0 1 0
Clark Haggans 0 1 0
Brett Keisel 0 0 0

Interceptions
San Francisco
none

Pittsburgh
Player Int Yards
Bryant McFadden 1 50

Punting
San Francisco
Player No Yards Inside 20 Had Blkd
Andy Lee 5 286 2 0

Pittsburgh
Player No Yards Inside 20 Had Blkd
Daniel Sepulveda 2 84 1 0

Punt Returns
San Francisco
Player Returns Yards Fair Catch
Brandon Williams 1 0 0

Pittsburgh
Player Returns Yards Fair Catch
Allen Rossum 2 -4 0

Kickoff Returns
San Francisco
Player Returns Yards Long
Maurice Hicks 4 86 23
Delanie Walker 3 63 30

Pittsburgh
Player Returns Yards Long
Allen Rossum 2 120 98
Najeh Davenport 1 12 12
Daniel Sepulveda 1 0 0

Attendance: 64,313 Time: 3:02 Referee: Gerry Austin

10 years ago '05        #252
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Parker a man on the move

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Running back Willie Parker is at the top of the list these days, leading the NFL in rushing. Parker leads the league in both carries, with 74, and yards with 368 through three games.

They are numbers, though, that Parker doesn’t pay a lot of attention to.

”My sister always tries to keep track and tell me you are here or there,” said Parker. “I don’t listen. I try to stay away from statistics. People can surpass you at any time.”

Parker is not worried about the number of carries that he is getting early in the season. He knows head coach Mike Tomlin is going to use him as much as needed and feels confident that he can stay strong for the long haul.

“A lot of the guys I looked up to carried the ball almost every play in the NFL,” said Parker. “By me being a little back nobody thinks my body can hold up. I take real good care of my body. I know it’s a long season. There is more to it than lifting weights, you have to soak your body. I am prepared for it.”

Parker has rushed for 100-yards in each of the Steelers three games this season and it doesn’t look like he is going to slow down any time soon.

"He's a complete back," said coach Mike Tomlin. "He runs inside. He runs outside. He gets a lot of credit for his speed, and he's very fast, but he's a tough runner. He gets tough yards. He's a competitor. He gets better with each carry. He wants the ball. He wants to be part of it. He wants to be the reason we win."

He is hoping to do his part this week to help the Steelers win a key game and one with a little something personal involved. The team will be facing their former offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, now the head coach of the Arizona Cardinals.

“They know everything about me,” said Parker of the Cardinals. “I wish I was in the meeting room. I just want to know what he is telling his team what my negatives are. That’s all I want to know. Nothing else.”

The Steelers had their first kickoff return for a touchdown in almost five years on Sunday when Allen Rossum took one 98-yards for the score.

And while everyone was singing Rossum’s praises, he was giving credit to his blockers, saying if it weren’t for them the touchdown never would have happened.

The return was designed to go up the left side, but a hole opened in the middle and Rossum took off.

"It just kind of opened up," said Rossum. "That shows the guys on the backside did their job. It means guys on the other side who aren't involved in the play did a good job. It started with my wedge, but nobody was close to touching me.

“I just took the hole that was there. It worked out just fine. My blockers did a tremendous job. Without them, I couldn’t do anything. I'm not saying it was easy, but the way they blocked on that play, my 4-year-old could have scored."

10 years ago '05        #253
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
 09-26-2007, 03:47 AM         #254
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[IMG]
[pic - click to view]

[/IMG]

Ward considered doubtful for Sunday
Tuesday, September 25, 2007

By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Wide receiver Hines Ward is doubtful for Sunday’s game against the Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium after suffering a knee sprain against the 49ers.

Ward, who used crutches on Monday as a precaution, hasn’t been ruled out though.

“I have learned not to count a guy like Hines Ward out,” said Tomlin. “That’s why I am saying it’s being characterized as doubtful. We’ll take it day-to-day and see where he is.”

Center Sean Mahan also suffered a knee sprain against the 49ers, but did not miss any snaps and is expected to play on Sunday in Arizona.

“He went and got fitted for a brace during the course of the game,” said Tomlin of the injury. “He didn’t miss any action. He came back and finished the game. We expect him to have a little discomfort, which he had yesterday. He came in and got treatment today.

“It may limit him somewhat tomorrow in practice but we expect him to be up and running and ready to go definitely by Thursday. We may be cautious in terms of what we ask him to do tomorrow.”

Tight end Matt Spaeth remains on the injury report as questionable with a deep thigh bruise that he suffered in the Bills game.

“He is getting a little more flexibility in his leg when he runs,” said Tomlin. “He is still not up to snuff yet. We will see where he is tomorrow. He was better today.”

While Ward could play if he returns to practice later in the week, it’s not likely that Spaeth will if he doesn’t practice early in the week.

“He is a young guy,” said Tomlin. “Everything that he does on a day-to-day basis helps him prepare to play. He is not a Hines Ward kind of guy who can show up on Friday and prepare to play on Sunday. He has to get ready to practice.
“If he is capable of practicing he is potentially going to play. If he can’t practice Wednesday and Thursday, he probably won’t play. I think that’s the smart thing to do in regards to him.”
 10 years ago '05        #255
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
damn...psycho ward...well we still gonna win so
 10 years ago '06        #256
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
all this means is its now finally time

santonio its your time....show the world what u can do

we dont need ward against the cards nehow....hope he rests it as long as he can
 09-27-2007, 02:49 AM         #257
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHootar said:
all this means is its now finally time

santonio its your time....show the world what u can do

we dont need ward against the cards nehow....hope he rests it as long as he can

09-28-2007, 10:47 PM         #258
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Alright I just got back. Everyone ready for sunday. Ward being out. Thats no good.
 09-29-2007, 02:08 AM         #259
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krieger08 said:
Alright I just got back. Everyone ready for sunday. Ward being out. Thats no good.

Hell ya we ready! It's steeler sunday!!!! :D

here we go steelers here we go!! :applause::applause:
 10 years ago '06        #260
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
i been ready since sunday nite :banghead:
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy