The Pittsburgh Steelers

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
163 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-04-2007, 01:49 AM         #201
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
You're a Steelers d*ckryder from Cali and can't even spell Pennsylvania.
Oh im sorry. I forgot im in school again and have to spell ever word right for you. Oh and your telling me that since I live in Cali on a military base at that, that im not aloud to like a team from a diffrent state. Hum I wonder why I live on a base, and you dont understand that in the military you dont get to pick where you live right? If you dont understand things like that then I will try to help you . So me being in another state means im a d*ckrider and im not aloud to like a team from a diffrent state??? Yeah ok.

Last edited by Krieger08; 09-04-2007 at 01:51 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #202
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
yo there's no question about that browns game...easily 1-0 goin into week 2
 10 years ago '05        #203
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
Roethlisberger hoping his hard work pays off

Thursday, September 6, 2007

A year ago Ben Roethlisberger was preparing for the start of the football season in a much different role than he is today.

At that point he was just a spectator on the sidelines after undergoing an emergency laparoscopic appendectomy.

What a difference a year makes. As the Steelers prepare for their 2007 opener, Roethlisberger is feeling fine physically and has confidence in his ability and that of his teammates to operate the offense installed by new coordinator Bruce Arians.

Roethlisberger spent a considerable amount of time during the off-season working with Arians and feels like it's going to pay off.

"I feel lot healthier, working out lot earlier than I did last year and having contributions to the offense and talking to Bruce and working with him," said Roethlisberger. "I feel lot more confident in this offense and where we are as a team."

"I feel I know more what guys are doing, I'm able to kind of get guys in positions even in no-huddle call offenses and call the plays and stuff. I definitely feel better out there. I think the guys feel more comfortable with me now more than ever."

Roethlisberger spent noticeably more time at the team's practice facility this off-season than he did in his previous two off-seasons with the team. As the season gets ready to begin, he was even in watching film on Tuesday of this week, the players' only day off, trying to get an extra edge.

"I worked harder because of the way I thought I played last year and let the guys down," said Roethlisberger. "I didn't want that to happen again. Whether it was working out earlier or being here longer or spending more time up in the meeting room with Bruce, whatever it was, I just felt like I had to put in a lot of extra work."

And now he is ready for that hard work to pay off. He is pumped for Sunday's game in Cleveland, ready to get the regular season underway after a long preseason.

"We were all talking about the last few weeks dragging and we came in today and everyone is alive again," said Roethlisberger. "That's because the season is here. We all feel the excitement and energy. Not that the preseason doesn't mean anything, but it's good to have a meaningful game."

10 years ago '04        #204
thewaitisover 
space
space
space
$704 | Props total: 11 11
 Dark5859 said:
Steelers runnin sh*t, Ben's been on fire.
on fire as in 3 dropped interceptions a game..hes garbage..
 09-07-2007, 02:13 PM         #205
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hahaha I love it. The haters are coming before the season is even started for them. Thats how we know were looking good. Keep em coming
 10 years ago '06        #206
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,612 | Props total: 2234 2234
Awwwwww Shiiiiiiit!! We fitna Mike Vick the Dawgs.
 10 years ago '05        #207
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
that was an expected rout davenport went for the gusto every time he got the ball
 09-09-2007, 04:11 PM         #208
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah thats a good way to start off the season baby. Next week we got them Bills. They didnt look to bad today but we got em
 09-09-2007, 04:48 PM         #209
QueenzBaller26  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props yall got me mad fantasy points
 10 years ago '06        #210
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,612 | Props total: 2234 2234
My thumbnail for the game.

Big Ben & the receiving core (especially TE's) look much better than last year, although Ben was a lil up & down.

O-Line still didn't have a real solid 4 quarters. Played well in spots, but not as well as I woulda expected.

D was ignant!! Looked waaay more aggressive this year. Gettin after the QB & forcing turnovers. Dare I say, Blitzburgh is back in the building?!?!

Mike Tomlin did a good job of letting his staff do their job. LeBeau opened up the first 3 or 4 chapters in his defensive bible. Arians used a lot of one back & spread formations. When I saw 5 wide, I coulda swore Neil O'Donnell took a snap.

All in all, can't get too pumped over a win over the Browns, but saw a good base to build on. The Bills will be a stiffer test, but historically the Stillers have always handled them. We'll see. Grade A-/B+
 10 years ago '05        #211
thegame23 
space
space
space
$156 | Props total: 0 0
Great way to start off the season! Where's that guy that was just sayin' that Ben was garbage???? lol.....Gotta keep this sh*t rollin' next week against the Bills. I'll be there!! We'll be sportin' the throwback uniforms.
 09-10-2007, 03:49 PM         #212
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Steelers open the season with a 34-7 win
Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Steelers took an early lead over the Cleveland Browns and never looked back as they got the Mike Tomlin era started with a 34-7 win on the road.

“Needless to say we were very excited about our performance today,” said Tomlin, who was presented with a game ball by the team in the locker room after the game. “I thought the defense got it started with some turnovers early. The offense capitalized. I thought it was a team effort. I appreciated the effort of the men. They respected the process of getting ready for this week and they let their actions talk.”

They dominated in all three phases of the game, as the defense forced five Browns turnovers and added six sacks.

Ben Roethlisberger completed 12 of 23 passes for 161 yards and a career-high four touchdown passes. The offensive line, playing their first regular season game as a unit, allowed just one sack and opened the way for Willie Parker to gain 109 yards on 27 carries.

Browns quarterback Charlie Frye struggled, completing four of 10 passes for 34 yards and an interception, before being replaced by Derek Anderson.

On special teams Jeff Reed added two field goals and rookie Daniel Sepulveda gave them great field position with his punts.

On their opening drive Cleveland went nowhere as Jamal Lewis was hit by James Harrison for a two-yard gain and then Frye’s pass to Joe Jurevicius was incomplete. On third down, it went from bad to worse for the Browns when Frye was sacked for a five-yard loss forcing a punt.

Punter Paul Ernster, who was signed late in the week because of an injury to Dave Zastudil, mishandled the snap, getting it away for only a 15-yard punt to their own 32-yard line. Four penalties on the play against the Browns, two that were declined, gave the Steelers fantastic field position on the Browns 22-yard line for their opening drive.

Roethlisberger came out firing hitting Santonio Holmes for a 15-yard gain along the right sideline. Roethlisberger hit Heath Miller for a four-yard screen pass and then made the Browns pay for their mistake with a five-yard touchdown pass to Hines Ward to give the Steelers a 7-0 lead.

The defense stepped up again for the Steelers on the next drive when Deshea Townsend intercepted Frye’s pass and returned it 21 yards to the Browns 17-yard line. The Steelers converted the turnover into a 26-yard field goal by Jeff Reed, extending the lead to 10-0.

The Browns were able to get something going on offense on their ensuing drive, but just when they got moving, mistakes and the swarming defense shut the door on them. On third-and-two Kellen Winslow was called for offensive pass interference, negating a first-down pass to Jurevicius. The Browns were then faced with third-and-12 and James Farrior made them pay for their mistake when he sacked Frye for an eight-yard loss.

A quick three-and-out by the Steelers gave the Browns another shot, but again they would be haunted by mistakes. Lewis went off left tackle for a two-yard gain, but was hit by Farrior and forced a fumble. Bryant McFadden recovered and put the Steelers back in the driver’s seat on the Browns 40-yard line.

Roethlisberger went for the quick strike to try and take control of the game and was right on target. He hit Holmes right down the middle of the field between two Browns defenders for a 40-yard score and a 17-0 lead.

It was the defense’s turn again and they continued to stymie Frye and the Browns offense. After two short gains, Clark Haggans was all over Frye for a three-yard sack, the third one of the game for the defense.

With a strong lead and things definitely going their way the Steelers took a chance on offense on their next drive. Faced with a fourth-and-one at their own 48-yard line they went for it. Roethlisberger went up the middle for a two-yard gain to keep the drive alive. Holmes went 11-yards on a reverse, fumbling out of bounds at the 39-yard line. They weren’t able to capitalize though, and Sepulveda’s punt hit around the two-yard where it was kept out of the end zone by Nate Washington and downed by Heath Miller to bury the Browns deep in their own territory.

The Browns weren’t able to go anywhere and the Steelers got the ball right back in their hands. But it wouldn’t be for long. Parker fumbled and the Browns got their first break of the game when Antwan Peek recovered it.

Frye continued to be hounded by the defense. On second-and-10 Harrison sacked him for a five-yard loss. Not to be outdone, Ike Taylor added a 10-yard sack on the next play as the Browns let one of their few opportunities in the first half slip away. It would be Frye’s last opportunity of the day, as he was replaced in the next series by Anderson.

Anderson completed a nine-yard pass to Braylon Edwards and Lawrence Vickers added a four-yard gain on the ground. Lewis added a four-yard gain and Anderson found Joshua Cribbs for seven yards. Anderson went over the middle to Winslow for 18 yards, but the momentum would soon die.

Ryan Clark hit Anderson, getting credit for a sack on the 12-yard loss and Aaron Smith recovered.

The Steelers and Browns exchanged possessions, with the black and gold going into the half with a commanding 17-0 lead.

The second half started off with a bang for the Steelers. Roethlisberger hit Miller for a short pass and then Ward for a 24-yard catch and run. Parker broke free for a 22-yard gain to the Browns 18-yard line. Parker came right back with gains of seven, four and two yards, to give the Steelers the ball on the five-yard line. Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians promised to go more to the tight end in the passing game and did so when Roethlisberger found rookie Matt Spaeth in the end zone for the touchdown, giving the Steelers a 24-0 lead.

When the Browns got the ball back they had new life in them. Anderson completed a 30-yard pass to Winslow and a 22-yard strike to Carter. He came back to Winslow for a 20-yard gain to the Steelers four-yard line. Vickers punched it into the end zone for a one-yard score to get the Browns on the board, 24-7.

It was right back to work for Roethlisberger and company who answered the Browns score with an eight-play, 64-yard drive that culminated in another touchdown by a tight end when Miller pulled in a 22-yard scoring strike, stretching the lead to 31-7.

A torrential downpour greeted the Browns on their next drive and the only thing that got moving were fans to the exits.

With a big lead the Steelers were able to play the weather game and keep the ball on the ground. They took the ball 72 yards on 13 plays and looked to Reed again, who hit a 31-yard field goal for the 34-7 lead.

The rains slowed some, but things kept slipping away from the Browns. Anderson completed a 21-yard pass to Edwards who then fumbled and rookie cornerback William Gay recovered.

Charlie Batch came in at quarterback and handed off to Najeh Davenport three times, but they came up a yard short and had to punt. Sepulveda hit another big one, placing the ball right at the Browns five-yard line where it just died in the grass.

It didn’t take long for the Steelers to get the ball back. Taylor picked off Anderson on a pass that was thrown right at him, allowing Batch to come in and run out the clock for the win.
 09-15-2007, 06:17 PM         #213
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here we go against them Bills baby. Everyone ready for this one. Wheres the haters at? I know there out there???
 09-16-2007, 04:04 PM         #214
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^i see haters everywhere hahaha... hurt them bills today too..
 09-16-2007, 04:08 PM         #215
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

The Steelers wore their throwback uniforms on Sunday, but it was definitely the 2007 version of the team that came out and easily defeated the Buffalo Bills 26-3 at Heinz Field, improving their record to 2-0 on the season.

After not getting into the end zone in the first half, counting on Jeff Reed’s four field goals for their offensive output, the Steelers came on strong in the second half and scored two touchdowns to seal the win.

Ben Roethlisberger completed 21 of 34 passes for 242 yards, a touchdown and one interception. Willie Parker carried the ball 23 times for 126 yards, his second 100-yard game of the young season.

The Steelers opened the game at their own 26-yard line after Allen Rossum returned the opening kickoff 27 yards. After an incompletion, Roethlisberger completed a nine-yard pass to Nate Washington, giving the Steelers third-and-one. Parker burst off the right end for 21 yards, fore a first down at the Bills 44-yard line. An incompletion and short gain by Parker put the Steelers in another third down situation and Roethlisberger took it himself when he scrambled for a 10-yard gain and first down. Parker got the call for a nine yard gain, but was knocked for a two-yard loss on the next carry. He added a four-yard carry for a first-down, faced with third and 11 they came up short when Roethlisberger’s pass to Heath Miller only went for five yards along the right sideline. Reed came on for a 34-yard field goal to give the Steelers the early 3-0 lead.

Terrance McGee sparked the Bills with a 44-yard kickoff return, setting them up with great field position at their own 43-yard line. Marshawn Lynch went off left end for a 12-yard gain, but James Harrison sacked J.P. Losman for a seven-yard loss. On third-and-17 Losman got a good chunk of the yardage back with a 15-yard completion to Roscoe Parrish. They went for it on fourth-and-two, but came up short.

The Steelers took over at their own 37-yard line, but would hold on to the ball for long. Roethlisberger’s pass intended for Santonio Holmes was intercepted by Jim Leonhard at the Bills 11-yard line. He returned it 24 yards to the Bills 35-yard line.

Lynch rattled off a nine-yard run off right tackle, but the defense shut him down after that when he had two carries for no gain, forcing the punt.

Roethlisberger moved the ball down the field methodically, mixing the pass and the run. Carey Davis had a four-yard gain and Roethlisberger hit Cedrick Wilson for a 12-yard gain. Parker broke for an 11-yard run up the middle and Roethlisberger went to Ward for a six-yard gain. Roethlisberger went back to Ward for a 12-yard gain and followed with a six-yard completion to him. He kept spreading the ball around, this time going over the middle to Holmes for a nine-yard gain. Roethlisberger went for pay dirt, but his pass to Ward in the end zone was ruled incomplete. He came back with an eight-yard completion to Parker. On third-and-two he looked to his fullback for a short completion, but Dan Kreider couldn’t pull in the short pass. Reed was called upon for his second field goal of the day, giving the Steelers a 6-0 lead early in the second quarter.

The defense stepped up and forced their second three-and-out, putting the ball right back in Roethlisberger’s hands. He continued to keep the Bills defense on their toes, using every weapon available to him. Parker opened with a four-yard gain and then Roethlisberger hit Matt Spaeth for a nine-yard gain. Washington made an acrobatic catch for a 21-yard gain to the Bills 43-yard line and Parker broke off left tackle for a 24-yard gain.

For the third time, the Steelers drive stalled short of the end zone and Reed was called upon to put points on the board, extending the lead to 9-0 with a 39-yard field goal.

Buffalo continued to struggle on offense, putting the ball back in the Steelers hands when they couldn’t go anywhere with just over a minute and a half to play in the half.

The Steelers went into the hurry-up offense with no timeouts left. Roethlisberger got away from Leonhard, but his pass to Washington was incomplete. He came back strong, connecting with Washington for a 30-yard gain to the Bills 40-yard line. He hit Ward for a 10-yard gain to the 30-yard line, and then was forced to spike the ball to stop the clock. A pass to Wilson on the sideline was out of bounds, setting them up with a key third-and-10. Roethlisberger was right on with a 17-yard completion to Holmes.

Roethlisberger stopped the clock with a spike and then looked for Ward in the end zone. The ball was batted away by Jabari Greer, forcing another third-and-10. Greer came up big again for the Bills defense, breaking up a pass to Ward. Reed continued to provide the offensive punch, making his fourth field goal of the day for a 12-0 halftime lead.

There was a scary moment at the end of the half when James Harrison was taken from the field on a stretcher with his neck mobilized. Harrison thankfully did return to the sidelines in the second half although he did not return to action.

The Bills got a huge boost to open the second half when McGee returned the kickoff 63 yards to the Steelers 32-yard line, although the replay showed he stepped out of bounds around the Bills 35-yard line.

Lynch carried the load, putting the Bills in position to put it in the end zone as they drove it to the five yard line. But the defense shut the door, forcing a Rian Lindell 23-yard field goal.

It was right back to business for Roethlisberger and company. Parker pounded the ball, for short yardage and then broke a 16-yard run. Roethlisberger executed a picture-perfect pump-fake and found Holmes, who turned on the after burners for a 27-yard gain to the Bills five-yard line. This time, the Steelers would not be denied the end zone. Roethlisberger hit Matt Spaeth in the end zone for a one-yard touchdown, extending the lead to 19-3.

The Bills started backed up at their own 12-yard line, but consistently moved the ball down the field to the Steelers 21-yard line, where they faced a fourth-and-two. Losman dropped back, but was pressured by Larry Foote who sacked him for a seven-yard loss and forced a fumble, putting the Steelers right back in the drivers seat.

Roethlisberger opened the drive with a 21-yard completion to Ward, but Roethlisberger was sacked for a six-yard loss and for the first time in the game the Steelers were forced to punt.

Losman hit Michael Gaines for a 14-yard completion, but they continued to struggle. Losman stumbled as he was dropping back to pass and Brett Keisel sacked him for an 11-yard loss. An eight-yard completion to Parrish wasn’t enough to dig the Bills out of their hole and they punted.

It didn’t take long for the Steelers to get back on the board. Parker had two carries and Roethlisberger hit Miller for a 29-yard gain to the Bills 11-yard line. Parker took it himself as he went up the middle for the 11-yard score, putting the Steelers in a comfortable position with a 26-3 lead.

There was still some life left in the Bills, who drove down to the Steelers 31-yard line. But things turned bad there. LaMarr Woodley sacked Losman for an eight-yard loss, and then the Bills were called for consecutive unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. They went for it on fourth-down, but were stopped short and turned the ball over on downs.

Charlie Batch came in at quarterback on the Steelers next drive and was able to run out the clock to secure the win.
 09-17-2007, 12:36 AM         #216
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Another week another win. Next in line is the 49ers.
 10 years ago '05        #217
iCON216 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,647 | Props total: 42 42
Pretty good matchup here...Expect the Niners to give a challenge...really looking forward to this game since one of my brothers is a Steelers fan...
 10 years ago '05        #218
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
those 75th anniversary joints went hard though...are we wearing those every home game? that sh*t would look serious with black pants instead of white
 09-17-2007, 09:02 PM         #219
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dought there going to wear those every home game. We will find out in a few days though. I cant wait for this game too. I got a really good friend here thats a 49ers fan. He has been talking all kinds of sh*t lol.
 09-19-2007, 01:30 AM         #220
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here we go Steelers. We are now ranked as the number 5 team according to ESPN and number 4 in BX. Lets keep it going by knocking off the 49ers this week.

ESPN

BX

Wheres the haters at???

Last edited by Krieger08; 09-19-2007 at 01:44 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
8 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy