The Pittsburgh Steelers

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

11 years ago '05        #226
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,565 | Props total: 156 156
 RakimAllahNY said
Undefeated Patriots vs Steelers match up? Could be
december 9...that should be a serious game

11 years ago '05        #227
thegame23 
space
space
space
$156 | Props total: 0 0
To answer some of ya'll's question about the throwback uniforms....no they are not wearing them every home game. They are only gonna wear them one more time this year and its on Monday Night Football November 5 against the Ravens. That is the night that they will announce the 75th Anniversary All-Time Team that was voted on by the fans.

This week should be some better competition. Those Niners DB's are pretty nice. The Niners defense took a big hit this week though when LB Manny Lawson tore his ACL in practice and is out for the season.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!

09-21-2007, 06:32 PM         #228
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Utmost said
december 9...that should be a serious game
Yeah it is. Cant wait for it.

11 years ago '05        #229
lakersboy03 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,031 | Props total: 1261 1261
:finger: y'all thinking you gonna beat us......all I see is this in the future 49ers (3-0) and Steelers (2-1)

09-21-2007, 06:52 PM         #230
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lakersboy03 said
:finger: y'all thinking you gonna beat us......all I see is this in the future 49ers (3-0) and Steelers (2-1)
Never once did I say that there going to win but thats only because I dont want to jinx my team. But you just make sure you come back in this thread during or after the game dogg. We will see what happens during the game

11 years ago '06        #231
SHootar 52 heat pts52
space
space
$22,657 | Props total: 2534 2534
lol @ this...GUARANTEE WIN sunday. fu*k the win they'll prolly cover the 9 point spread.

....i can smell a breakout game for santonio holmes...they cant hold him back much longer.

11 years ago '05        #232
lakersboy03 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 SHootar said
lol @ this...GUARANTEE WIN sunday. fu*k the win they'll prolly cover the 9 point spread.

....i can smell a breakout game for santonio holmes...they cant hold him back much longer.
you guaranteed the steelers would make the playoffs last year....you rocking a niner avy if they lose this week.....

Never once did I say that there going to win but thats only because I dont want to jinx my team. But you just make sure you come back in this thread during or after the game dogg. We will see what happens during the game
I'll be back in here...win or lo....na we aint gonna lose so I'll just be back in here

11 years ago '06        #233
SHootar 52 heat pts52
space
space
ha u guaranteed atl would crack the nbas top 8...lets not go blow for blow here

and i watched every steelers game last year...most of that sh*t was just a fluke it was pathetic...not a fluke but things like muffed punts, weird a.ss fumbles, big ben throwing pick after pick...the rest of the team was still on point for the most part (aside from cb troubles) but i'm confident they back.

and yeah lakers its on....avy bet less do it.

o and while we at it lets throw a sig bet for our little yahoo pickem pool this week :D

11 years ago '05        #234
lakersboy03 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 SHootar said
ha u guaranteed atl would crack the nbas top 8...lets not go blow for blow here

and i watched every steelers game last year...most of that sh*t was just a fluke it was pathetic...not a fluke but things like muffed punts, weird a.ss fumbles, big ben throwing pick after pick...the rest of the team was still on point for the most part (aside from cb troubles) but i'm confident they back.

and yeah lakers its on....avy bet less do it.

o and while we at it lets throw a sig bet for our little yahoo pickem pool this week :D
damn them hawks

we can do both bets....sig and pickem

ITSSSSSSSSSSSS ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

09-22-2007, 12:48 AM         #235
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We had a fu*ked up season last year.. all kinds of sh*t went wrong big ben in that accident then the emergency surgery we had a bunch of rookies that needed seasoning.. but this year we are lookin golden!!! Here's to a great season and another ring!!!! *waves terrible towel*

11 years ago '05        #236
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
 lakersboy03 said
gore gonna rip the steel certain down right? :rolleyes:

11 years ago '06        #237
SHootar 52 heat pts52
space
space
aight its time

SHootar needs to be added to the sigs

09-22-2007, 04:17 PM         #238
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHootar said
aight its time

SHootar needs to be added to the sigs

we organized

09-23-2007, 02:21 PM         #239
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We are straight dominatin the NFL!!! Let me be the first to say it.. WHAT THE fu*k TOMLIN? :wow:: confused: ..nobody body could say hey mike throw that red towel.. Benny boy has to save the day! :applause:Crushin on the 49's

here we go steelers here we go! :D:D:applause:

09-23-2007, 03:12 PM         #240
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lakersboy03 said
I'll be back in here...win or lo....na we aint gonna lose so I'll just be back in here
Where you at? I guess you can finish that sentance now lol.

09-23-2007, 03:45 PM         #241
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bella420 said
We are straight dominatin the NFL!!! Let me be the first to say it.. WHAT THE fu*k TOMLIN? ..nobody body could say hey mike throw that red towel.. Benny boy has to save the day! :applause:Crushin on the 49's

here we go steelers here we go! :D:D:applause:
how fu*kin drunk are u?

throw in the red towel... *dies* u mean tha red flag...

09-23-2007, 03:47 PM         #242
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krieger08 said
Where you at? I guess you can finish that sentance now lol.
u wont be seeing him all week...

11 years ago '05        #243
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
3-0

09-23-2007, 07:12 PM         #244
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So if the Cowboys win tonight then there will only be 5 teams left undefeated. Theres not many teams left after week three without a lose. We got AZ next week. I got to go to the field tonight/tomorrow morning at 2AM for a week so I wont be back tell next weekend.

11 years ago '06        #245
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$10,304 | Props total: 3598 3598
Damn I miss pollyin w/y'all during games. Been working like the past 3 Sundays. I think I'll be off next week. Until then.......

HERE WE GO STILLERS...HERE WE GO!!!!

*Clap Clap*

11 years ago '05        #246
lakersboy03 7 heat pts
space
space
space
nice game bi*ches....

11 years ago '06        #247
SHootar 52 heat pts52
space
space
 lakersboy03 said
nice game bi*ches....
stealin candy from a baby

i'll have ur avy in a sec...

...ur sig is waiting for u in yahoo pickem thread

09-24-2007, 12:05 AM         #248
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pittsburgh extended its streak of not allowing a 100-yard runner to 27 games, dating to November 2005.

I didnt relize it had been that long that the D had held everyone off. Just thought I would share if anyone else didnt know

09-24-2007, 01:35 AM         #249
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krieger08 said
So if the Cowboys win tonight then there will only be 5 teams left undefeated. Theres not many teams left after week three without a lose. We got AZ next week. I got to go to the field tonight/tomorrow morning at 2AM for a week so I wont be back tell next weekend.
yeah i'm hopin that az will be a blow out again.. by 20 points..:D

09-24-2007, 03:49 AM         #250
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 flex001 said
how fu*kin drunk are u?

throw in the red towel... *dies* u mean tha red flag...
hahahaha its a burgh thing.. i may have not been drunk THIS game.. but i was hahahaha

ok so here is the off. run down of the game figured i could contribute :D

The Steelers improved their record to 3-0 with a 37-16 win over the San Francisco 49ers at Heinz Field.

The Steelers scored touchdowns on offense, defense and special teams.

For the first time this year the Steelers trailed, when San Francisco jumped out to a 3-0 lead. But they quickly erased that when Allen Rossum retuned the ensuing kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown.

“I thought that Allen Rossum’s return was awesome,” said head coach Mike Tomlin. “It’s the culmination of a lot of work. I feel like we’ve been close here the last several weeks on the kickoff return standpoint. Great play.”

Ben Roethlisberger hit Jerame Tuman for a nine-yard touchdown in the first quarter, and Najeh Davenport added a 39-yard touchdown run in the closing minutes of the game.

Bryant McFadden intercepted 49ers quarterback Alex Smith late in the game and returned it 50-yard for a touchdown.

Willie Parker had his third 100-yard game of the season as he carried the ball 24 times for 133 yards.

“We started to show some personality things and that’s what I was excited about today for the football team,” said Tomlin. “We ran the ball effectively, we played great ball on defense, we scored on defense. Special teams was a big contributor today.”

The 49ers moved the ball down the field to open the game, with Smith completing a key third down pass to Darrell Jackson. Frank Gore rattled off an eight-yard run off left tackle and on third and one Smith took it around right end for four-yards and the first-down. Smith went back to the air to Vernon Davis for 31-yards to the Steelers 14-yard line.

The defense tightened the reigns in the red zone, stopping Gore and forcing two incomplete passes. The 49ers had to settle for a 32-yard Joe Nedney field goal to give them a 3-0 lead.

It was a lead that didn’t last for long.

Rossum, who the Steelers acquired in a trade from Atlanta before the start of the season, returned Nedney’s kickoff 98-yards for a touchdown to put the Steelers on top 7-3.

The Steelers stopped the 49ers on their next drive, but it wasn’t long until they were called back into action. On the Steelers second offensive play of the game Roethlisberger was sacked by Hannibal Navies, fumbled and Navies came up with the recovery at the Steelers 22-yard line.

Smith went to work with great field position, but a stingy Steelers defense kept them out of the end zone again. Nedney hit a 22-yard field goal, to bring the 49ers within one at 7-6.

The 49ers stopped the Steelers on their next drive, forcing a punt by rookie Daniel Sepulveda. McFadden batted the ball back at the one-yard line and James Harrison downed it at the eight-yard line to bury the 49ers deep in their own territory.

Ike Taylor got pressure on Smith forcing him to throw the ball out of bounds. Gore was held for a four-yard gain, but then the 49ers got a boost when Michael Robinson took the handoff on the draw for a seven-yard gain. But another strong stand by the defense forced the 49ers to punt.

Both teams exchanged possessions with little offensive output and the defense dominating the game on both sides.

The Steelers tried some trickery on their next drive with Wilson getting the carry on the end around to the right side. With nowhere to go he cut back around to the left side, but Roethlisberger missed a block and he was stopped for no gain. Parker broke free on the next play for a 23-yard gain. The Steelers were called for illegal formation, but two plays later benefited from the officials flag with a defensive holding call against Nate Clements.

Roethlisberger hit a wide-open Heath Miller for a 20-yard gain to the 49ers 35-yard line. They were pushed back to the 43-yard line after Roethlisberger was sacked. Facing second-and-18 Parker’s number was called and he went off left tackle for 17 yards, giving them a third-and-one. Davenport went up the middle for a three-yard gain. Parker carried the ball for three and five-yards to the San Francisco 15-yard line. On third-and-two Hines Ward got the direct snap and took it off right tackle for seven yards.

The Steelers capitalized on the long drive when for the third straight week Roethlisberger went to one of his tight ends for a score, with Tuman pulling in a nine-yard touchdown pass to give the Steelers a 14-6 lead at the half.

The offense picked up where they left off to start the second half. Parker had a five-yard run and Roethlisberger followed it with an 18-yard rush while avoiding the pressure. Roethlisberger went to the air and hit Miller for a 29-yard gain to the 49ers 18-yard line. He went right back to Miller for a 16-yard gain, but San Francisco challenged the call and the officials overturned it, ruling Miller did not have both feet in bounds. The Steelers had to settle for a Jeff Reed field goal, giving them a 17-6 lead with 9:45 to play in the third quarter.

The 49ers got the ball on their own 22-yard line to start their next drive and steadily moved the ball to the Steelers 32-yard line. On third-and-13 Smith hit Davis for a 22-yard gain, but Troy Polamalu hit him, knocking the ball free and Ryan Clark recovered and returned it to the 49ers 47-yard line. The 49ers challenged the call and it was ruled an incompletion, negating the turnover. The 49ers took advantage of the break with Nedney’s third field goal of the game.

The Steelers got the three points right back when on their next drive Reed hit a 49-yard field goal to start the fourth quarter and extend the lead to 20-9.

The 49ers were able to get some momentum going on offense as Smith hit Arnez Battle for 11-yards and then Jackson for 17 and 20-yards. On third-and-nine the defense came up big when James Farrior sacked Smith for an eight-yard loss, forcing the 49ers to punt.

The Steelers were able to eat some key time off the clock with an 11-play drive that took 5:40 off the clock and culminated in Reed’s third field goal for a 23-9 lead.

The defense sealed the win when McFadden intercepted Smith and returned it 50-yard for the touchdown and the 30-9 lead.

The 49ers added a late touchdown, but the Steelers answered and walked away with a 37-16 win.

Notes: Ward left the game with a bone bruise. Sepulveda replaced Ward on the “hands-team” for an on-side kickoff late in the game and recovered.

Home      

most viewed right now
+111online now  42
Image(s) inside Malania Trump Ain't Got Sh!t On This First Lady
87 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+118online now  40
The Best Pancakes Of The 90's
243 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+45online now  33
Video inside 20 Sports Hats You Should Never Wear In Los Angeles
151 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside Thick chick lifting weights in the GYM!!!!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+21online now  9
NBA steph curry says the moon landing was faked
161 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+31online now  9
Video inside First look at Sonic the Hedgehog in his upcoming 'live-action' movie an..
84 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-69online now  9
Image(s) inside WTF: Will Smith Come Out The CLOSET, HE fu-king Reverse Cowgirl A WINE..
100 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+39online now  8
Image(s) inside Why my hairline ain't straight like khaleds, why did bush knock down t..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy