Jan 30 - 3rd racially-themed party (Clemson) featured Blackface, Enhanced Rears

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
69 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which party was most offensive

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #1
6481 pageviews
136 comments

cvcxl 
space
space
space
$1,539 | Props total: 1 1
Jan 30 - 3rd racially-themed party (Clemson) featured Blackface, Enhanced Rears

JANUARY 30--Along with questionable racially-themed college parties in Texas and Connecticut, students at Clemson University in South Carolina dressed in blackface for a party they dubbed "Living the Dream" and which came a day before the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. Photos from the off-campus bash were posted on Facebook.com and then yanked when fellow students protested. Four of the pictures can be found on the following pages. Attendees at the January 14 party drank from 40-ounce bottles of malt liquor, which were duct-taped to their hands. Additionally, some female partygoers stuffed their pants to make their backsides look larger, while other students wore gold teeth, or grills. In an e-mail sent today to students, Clemson President James Barker said that he was "appalled, angered, and disappointed" upon learning of the party, which he said "appeared to mock and disparage African-Americans." He added that a school investigation has been launched to determine whether university policies were violated.

Source - a.ssociated Content - -http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/137032/clemson_mlk_day_party_mocking_blacks.html

[pic - click to view]

Link to Story and Pictures @ Nation of Millions

Last edited by cvcxl; 02-03-2007 at 10:34 PM..

136 comments for "Jan 30 - 3rd racially-themed party (Clemson) featured Blackface, Enhanced Rears"

11 years ago '05        #2
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Idiots.
 01-30-2007, 09:56 PM         #3
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the farther we go the angier they get, pretty sad.......
 11 years ago '06        #4
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,372 | Props total: 5645 5645
 11 years ago '04        #5
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
@ even adding this to you for including "Lighten up... move on"

Last edited by goke11429; 01-31-2007 at 12:25 AM..
 11 years ago '06        #6
cvcxl  OP
space
space
space
$1,539 | Props total: 1 1
From a.ssociated Press:

CLEMSON, S.C. - Clemson University and the NAACP said Tuesday they are investigating an off-campus party during the Martin Luther King Jr. weekend at which white students mocked blacks by drinking malt liquor and at least one student wore black face.

Pictures from the party were posted online, and Clemson officials learned of the Jan. 14 party this past weekend. The school is probing whether students were harassed or whether there was underage drinking.

Clemson President James Barker wrote in a letter to students and faculty that he was "appalled, angered and disappointed" by the party, which "appeared to mock and disparage African Americans."

"Many people have been offended and deeply hurt," he said.

The party organizers issued an unsigned letter of apology, saying, "We invited all races and types of peoples and never meant any racial harm."

"We want everyone to know how sorry we are, and that we are willing to do anything to make things right," the letter said.

The
National a.ssociation for the Advancement of Colored People was looking into the party and at least three similar events at other colleges around the country, said state chapter president Lonnie Randolph.

Clemson has roughly 1,100 black students out of more than 17,000 undergraduates, the university's Web site says.
 11 years ago '04        #7
B-Y-D 
space
space
$1,213 | Props total: 45 45
Glad their faces are showing
 11 years ago '04        #8
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
some pics

11 years ago '06        #9
A-1 AFiciaL 
space
space
$1,521 | Props total: 53 53
that pisses me the fu*k off...
 01-31-2007, 01:08 AM         #10
boxden7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:D Everyone in those photos appeared to REALLY be enjoying themselves. White girl only wished she had b00ty like that. For one night they were cool...

I live in SC so I know how ignorant these people are. Mind you, this is Clemson; this is one of the best schools in SC, yet it's campus is full of idiots. South Carolina consistently ranks last or second to last in education scores annually (nationwide). Here is proof of that.

Remember this:
RACISM IS A CHARACTER TRAIT OF A FOOL WHO LACKS ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE
:D
 11 years ago '04        #11
htown 
space
space
space
$2,752 | Props total: 759 759
lol funny thing is that young white people dress and act like us anyway, most of it didn't even look like a parody. A lot of those whiteboys with the baggy clothes and doo rags looked regular

p.s. that white chick got a.ss
 01-31-2007, 08:56 AM         #12
been_grimm 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is why racism won't die: White people.
 11 years ago '04        #13
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,906 | Props total: 833 833
 been_grimm said:
Co-sign like a muhphukka :banghead:
 11 years ago '06        #14
Unitson 
space
space
$5,739 | Props total: 143 143
See what happens when a little interracial dating takes effect & when black people allow anyone to invade their culture. First whites want to embrace, then they want to use the n' word, and now they want to be disrespectful and mock blacks stereotypically.

Racism will always be ineffective.

The problem now is that black people are too comfortable now and won't do a thing about this.
 01-31-2007, 09:40 AM         #15
ghettoprincess 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jealousy... i'm not even upset anymore. i'm actually flattered. they want to be like us so bad, because our whole culture is fun and creative. i mean, on Washington's birthday, to mock them, what could we do? Put on Abercromie and Fitch? Wear our hair like Donald Trump. It wouldn't be near as entertaining. So on MLK B-day, they just got to live out their dreams of being black, for one day.
 01-31-2007, 09:49 AM         #16
tvnewz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mayne, these people is krazy!!! this is bull!!
 01-31-2007, 09:50 AM         #17
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The pic with the chick looking like aunt jemima was funny as hell, i wont lie, but that sh*t was really disrespectful to do it on King's birthday. It shows how little they care bout us, and how much of a joke we still are in White America.

I say we should do the same thing when one of their heroes' birthdays come up. Maybe ronald regan since they worship this n*gga like he was god. Then we can have this whole race war and finally k!ll eachother off. Then let the Natives have the land back.
 01-31-2007, 09:57 AM         #18
peachlaw0507 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Unitson said:
See what happens when a little interracial dating takes effect & when black people allow anyone to invade their culture. First whites want to embrace, then they want to use the n' word, and now they want to be disrespectful and mock blacks stereotypically.

The problem now is that black people are too comfortable now and won't do a thing about this.

I AGREE!!! WELL SAID!!!
 01-31-2007, 10:17 AM         #19
MrMischief66 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 been_grimm said:

funny how you say racism won't die because of white people, yet you are making a racist statement. You are grouping all white people together, which is racism.

so let me ask y'all something, when college kids throw toga parties, are they being disrespectful to people who wear togas? Or when they have anything but clothes parties are they being disrespectful to people who can't afford clothes? Do you think if a bunch of black people threw a "white" party and everybody dressed up like white people, would white people get mad? The point is its fu*kin college. Kids throw every kind of theme party they can think of. Its not a thing of disrespect. Its a fu*kin party. Lighten up.

So I guess you can call me the dumbass for defending it, bring on the hate.

Last edited by MrMischief66; 01-31-2007 at 10:18 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #20
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,511 | Props total: 790 790
 Unitson said:

Cousin Jeff said it best...He was talkin about how when the civil rights movement was active, we trained soldiers...after the civil rights movement and intergration, we became comfortable, believing white people (those in power) would take care of us...Its still war time and we continue to let the enemy (take that as you wish) infiltrate and not train soldiers...

Situations like this go to show you how white (some) people really think...As someone else said, Clemson is one of the best universities in the country which means these people will probably become people with power in the business world or/and political world...and these people in power will continue to keep those without power, without power

PS. I tried to reference white people as some and not ALL...I do understand that there are sincere white people that have honest motives and intentions.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy