New York Yankees

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
147 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
77 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
133 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #781
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,453 | Props total: 69964 69964
robertson is the answer. i dont trust any other free agent "closer"

granderson should be offered a nice 2 year deal. we need a power bat and a healthy player.

our rotation should be cc, nova, pineda, phelps, and get a non expensive pitcher (e.g. Haren, josh johnson, paul maholm on a one year deal.)

resign cano

resign brandon ryan
 4 years ago '07        #782
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
 4 years ago '12        #783
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,762 | Props total: 22144 22144
Babe Ruth from the dead
 4 years ago '04        #784
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239 OP
space
space
$55,717 | Props total: 13109 13109
 DEDOS said:
not cutting but they sure havent added any payroll the last couple years if im not mistaken

i think they waiting for alot of contracts to end because i remember they said they aint going over the 185 million mark or something like that
he's a retard don't pay attention to him
 4 years ago '04        #785
space
space
get me hunter Pence to play RF

this lineup sorely needs RH power and can afford to let Grandy go if he rejects the QO

Last edited by GarySanchize24; 09-23-2013 at 11:28 PM..
 4 years ago '13        #786
Lucky Lucas 47 heat pts47
space
space
space
$15,398 | Props total: 5775 5775
 4 years ago '10        #787
trill jackson 738 heat pts738
space
space
$18,853 | Props total: 13305 13305
seriously they need to destroy and rebuild and they can't use the red sox as a blueprint because their payroll is not as flexible and their farm system isn't as fertile. they're gonna be bad for a few years. they should have kept fatolo colon he would have been big for them this year
 10-05-2013, 12:07 AM         #788
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trill jackson said:
They should have kept fatolo colon he would have been big for them this year
He's big every year.
 10-05-2013, 12:18 AM         #789
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know, I don't think I want Joe Girardi back.

I don't really want to deal with the embarrassment of the Chicago Cubs outbidding the Yankees to have him as skipper. I'm almost positive he's going to go back there just because I think he'd be much happier, but I think now is a good as time as every for Girardi to go to Chicago.

As far as who is coming back? Cano will get as close to 300 Million as possible just because of the amount of teams lining up to get him. Texas Rangers got embarrassed with that loss to the Rays in the tiebreaker so I think they're a lock to overspend for Cano moving Kinsler to first making one of the most dangerous lineups in the American League again. Andrew Marschand says there's a mystery team in on Cano and I'm pretty sure that's the Angels. Stunna thinks I don't know what I'm talking about but those Howie Kendrick trade rumors are about as real as the pimples on Kate Upton's forehead.

Grandy is coming back on a sweetheart deal. Boston wants him and a few other teams want him but I've read he wants to come back to New York. He's not so much injury prone as he is baseball contact prone. He will sacrifice millions to keep his stats up.

Kuroda is the real wild card this offseason because he legitimately might price himself out of the Yankees range.

I'm so exhausted and disinterested in a winter of chincy Yankees moves that I have no idea who they could pick up. We're also in the climate of three large payrolls (Rangers, Angels, Blue Jays) who are out of the postseason and could tear things up. And there's the Mariners who just might get that big free agent they've always wanted. Yankees though? I think they're going to have to make some call ups and get some serviceable bats in the lineup.
 10-05-2013, 12:21 AM         #790
CurlyD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lucky Lucas said:
Yankees in a terrible position but at least nobody's mom from the Yanks got smashed by big d!ck light skin Rick Fox
 4 years ago '04        #791
space
space
-Girardi is most likely gonna leave i agree. he accomplished all he can with the current group and doubt he wants to sit thru some bad years.

-Cano isn't getting anywhere close to 300M. He'll be lucky if he gets 200M.

-Texas cant be that stupid to sign Cano. I'd say the same for Anaheim but they shock us every offseason (Hammy, CJ, Pujols, Vernon Wells trade)

-Grandy i'd take back but for no more than 3 years. Dude is trending down like a mofo. Black Adam Dunn these days in the batters box.

I really wonder who they'll pick up as manager if Girardi bolts for Chicago
 4 years ago '10        #792
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 Dangerously said:
You know, I don't think I want Joe Girardi back.

I don't really want to deal with the embarrassment of the Chicago Cubs outbidding the Yankees to have him as skipper. I'm almost positive he's going to go back there just because I think he'd be much happier, but I think now is a good as time as every for Girardi to go to Chicago.

As far as who is coming back? Cano will get as close to 300 Million as possible just because of the amount of teams lining up to get him. Texas Rangers got embarrassed with that loss to the Rays in the tiebreaker so I think they're a lock to overspend for Cano moving Kinsler to first making one of the most dangerous lineups in the American League again. Andrew Marschand says there's a mystery team in on Cano and I'm pretty sure that's the Angels. Stunna thinks I don't know what I'm talking about but those Howie Kendrick trade rumors are about as real as the pimples on Kate Upton's forehead.

Grandy is coming back on a sweetheart deal. Boston wants him and a few other teams want him but I've read he wants to come back to New York. He's not so much injury prone as he is baseball contact prone. He will sacrifice millions to keep his stats up.

Kuroda is the real wild card this offseason because he legitimately might price himself out of the Yankees range.

I'm so exhausted and disinterested in a winter of chincy Yankees moves that I have no idea who they could pick up. We're also in the climate of three large payrolls (Rangers, Angels, Blue Jays) who are out of the postseason and could tear things up. And there's the Mariners who just might get that big free agent they've always wanted. Yankees though? I think they're going to have to make some call ups and get some serviceable bats in the lineup.
basically we are fu*ked.
 4 years ago '10        #793
space
space
space
 StuNNa said:
-Girardi is most likely gonna leave i agree. he accomplished all he can with the current group and doubt he wants to sit thru some bad years.

-Texas cant be that stupid to sign Cano. I'd say the same for Anaheim but they shock us every offseason (Hammy, CJ, Pujols, Vernon Wells trade)

-Grandy i'd take back but for no more than 3 years. Dude is trending down like a mofo. Black Adam Dunn these days in the batters box.

Willie
 4 years ago '10        #794
space
space
space
- That bi*ch a.ss pitcher pienda better be ready

- Chris Stewart NEEDS TO fu*k OFF

- ICHRO can stay

- VELLS

- I would bring back Renyolds and Overbay

- Flip nunez for somebody

- hopefully mark and derek are ready to go.

- Going to need 3 new starting pitchers and a closer because robinson likes to get cute and put people on all the time

- Cashman needs to fu*k off.

Last edited by Dextromethorphan; 10-05-2013 at 02:48 AM..
 4 years ago '10        #795
space
space
space
 steeLTown said:
Yankees are gonna suck for a while
not really.
 4 years ago '08        #796
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,280 | Props total: 13655 13655
 Dangerously said:

Don't forget about the mets we'll be active
 10-05-2013, 03:38 AM         #797
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dj ac said:
Don't forget about the mets we'll be active
Yeah, you lost Harvey for a year. Even with Cano, you're in NL East purgatory. You couldn't make a stealth bid in New York if you tried, the moment the Phils figure out you're going to bid, Amaro will physically push Chase Utley to third and give Cano 15 years, $600 Million.
 4 years ago '10        #798
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,313 | Props total: 1963 1963
 StuNNa said:
- re-sign Hoe Girardi
- suck Kuroda's d!ck to come back for 1 more year
- get an innings eater like Arroyo to come
- get a real closer ( Robertson is NOT the answer)
- bring Cano back but don't go past 8 guarunteed years
- call up Colorado and beg them to take on CarGo and/or Tulowitski's contracts
- get Michael Pineda a heart transplant
- do NOT bring back Curtis Granderson under any circumstances
- Jeter will be back but don't depend on him, sign a dependable SS
- sign a catcher like McCann or Salty
I was about to make a thread to adjust these very issues concerning the Yankees.

As far as coaching can go, joe girardi should go to the cubs and work his way up with these young sucky teams. Tony Pena should take over as the new coach, he can handle this team and produce better hitters. Bring back Cano for a reasonable amount, maybe 8 yrs/250mil. The thing is Hanley is on his way to make big bucks and Jose Reyes already getting paid. They're dominican and love these big contracts. As far as pitching, I would like to get a guy like Lincecum to come to the yanks. Pretty sure SF aint gonna make a big effort if at all to retain him. If we can bring back kuroda for under 10mil then i'd say give it a shot. we need new faces on this team, young guys. i say go after lincecum & jesse crain. Our rotation could be CC, Lincecum, Kuroda, Nova, Pineda. I agree, we shouldn't let curtis granderson walk that easily. Yes, hes been very injury prone but he can be somewhat of a reliable guy, so if hes not tryna be greedy throw him a 2 or 3 year deal. We should look at somehow getting tulo when ever he's done with the rockies to take over at short. But i think we dont need to go all out on getting a decent ss. No closers available that I can think of. I think Robertson could replace Mo for the time being. I doubt McCann will walk from where hes at, I think he will be hard to get. Same with Salty. (being that they come right off teams that hate the yanks) I'd say Jose Molina but he's only good to start every other game or so.
 10-05-2013, 04:19 AM         #799
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StuNNa said:
Like he's about to have the most amazing years in Chicago I mean, his choices are a fulfill the dream of every kid from Peoria could ever have with a band of losers or have the most stressful job in Major League Baseball with a team teetering on the brink of competitive and flat out awful.

I don't think the Yankees have bad years in the plural sense, but I think Joe Girardi's usefulness as a solid name post-Joe Torre has met it's expiration date and he's never going to get a chance to make this leap. He should go for it. Can you imagine if Billy Beane took the Boston job? I bet he secretly regrets it. Girardi doesn't want to regret not going back to Wrigley.

Yankees should be smart and promote Tony Pena to manager. Nothing much will change and the players will be happier with him than a hardass manager trying to play Joe Torre and ending up like Billy Martin. Unless Buck wants to swallow the sour grapes and drop the Orioles. We'll even let him bring Wieters for good measure.

StuNNa said:
You know, before Pujols got that stupid 10 year $240 Million dollar hate crime, I would agree with you. But the Pujols race only had about three teams seriously in on him (St. Louis, Miami and Anaheim). Hamilton had double that (Angels, Rangers, Mariners, Red Sox, Phillies and at one point Marlins because they would have flipped Giancarlo for prospects (crazy, right?)). Why wouldn't you lock up .309/.355/.504 and a player who hasn't hit fewer than 25 homers in a season since Barack Obama took the oath of office? You're going to see at least six teams in on Cano.

Prepare yourself, the offer is going to be desperate, stupid and costly. Cano is entering year thirty-one or probably thirty-four, so I can see someone giving him no fewer than seven years with a peak year somewhere in there for $30 Million. If it were seven years, you're going to hand Cano, Seven years, $165M, a little under half of what he asked for. He's going for ten years, $250 million. And somebody will give it to him.

StuNNa said:
$112 Million just let David Price walk into Arlington and dominate them for nine innings in a one game playoff to get into the one game playoff. You don't think they're ready to do something stupid? Especially after getting burned on the Hamilton deal and getting burned with the Nelson Cruz suspension. Rangers aren't that far behind the Angels in total payroll but I wouldn't be surprised to see them put in a bid for Cano, it makes too much sense. Especially if they could flip Profar for some pitching depth.

I told you about the Kendrick trade rumors with the Angels, I'm not sure why you think the Angels would think for a second about ditching league average for league leading when they have such a dynamic squad on the verge of greatness. Why not bid for Cano? I don't think they're going to get him now that I think about the ungodly number Mike Trout is going to command, but I'm putting a few chips on the Angels being mentioned this winter.

StuNNa said:
People will bid Grandy up because they know the Yanks are getting a discount so they'll tempt him to leave, especially Boston who would give him a nice landing spot in a championship caliber team. I'd give him four years.

StuNNa said:

[pic - click to view]

or Washington Heights riots!!!!!

[pic - click to view]

(riot not pictured)

Last edited by Dangerously; 10-05-2013 at 04:27 AM..
 4 years ago '10        #800
trill jackson 738 heat pts738
space
space
$18,853 | Props total: 13305 13305
everybody sleeps on masahiro tanaka, he's a japanese pitcher who can come up big for somebody next year. the guy was like 20-0 1.24 era in japan this year, i hope the sox sign him
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
147 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
95 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
297 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
45 comments
2 days ago