New York Yankees

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #481
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Watch ARod fu*k around and slam a walkoff home run to keep ya'lls season alive
 10 years ago '04        #482
Born_Loser|M 100 heat pts100
space
space
$42,284 | Props total: 3811 3811
George Steinbrenner has kept quiet for most of the season, but he sounded off in a big way Saturday night.

The Yankees owner told The Record of North Jersey that manager Joe Torre will likely be fired if the Yankees don't rally to beat Cleveland.

"His job is on the line. I think we're paying him a lot of money. He's the highest-paid manager in baseball, so I don't think we'd take him back if we don't win this series," said Steinbrenner.

The Yankees currently trail the best-of-5 series 0-2.

It would be the third straight first-round exit for the Yankees, whose flop vs. the Tigers last season nearly led to Torre's firing.

He also had some choice words for umpire Bruce Froemming, who allowed Game 2 to continue despite an infestation of Lake Erie gnats.

"The umpire was full of (expletive)."

As for Alex Rodriguez, Steinbrenner hopes to keep the slugger around a while longer.

"I think we'll re-sign him. I think he's going to have a good run the rest of the (postseason). I think he realizes New York is the place to be, the place to play. A lot of this (postseason) is laying on his shoulders, you know, but I think he's up to it."

Torre better hope so.
 10 years ago '04        #483
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239 OP
space
space
$55,727 | Props total: 13124 13124
well we won so torre's job is saved for another game. now the question is, who pitches tomorrow, wang or mussina?
 10-07-2007, 09:24 PM         #484
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stunna2004 said:
well we won so torre's job is saved for another game. now the question is, who pitches tomorrow, wang or mussina?
Should be wang at home...then Andy in game 5 if we get there

Hughes held it DOWN tonight
 10 years ago '04        #485
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,969 | Props total: 4681 4681
Yeah it is Wang

Since we'll be putting Roger on the DL hopefully we can get Ian on the roster.
 10 years ago '04        #486
space
space
 RoyceDa59 said:
Yeah it is Wang

Since we'll be putting Roger on the DL hopefully we can get Ian on the roster.
if Roger is truly done they should replace him with Ian, if he's just needs to miss a couple days they shouldnt replace him because if we advance, he can't be used vs. Boston.
 10 years ago '05        #487
X2jd2x 
space
space
$991 | Props total: 0 0
hhahaha Yankees are not in the playoffs anymore and haters still cant seem to get off their d*cksssss damn...kinda funny cuz there is like a million threads saying.."whos to blame" "where is torre and arod gonna end up"...lol focus on your own damn teams already and stop hatingggggg
 10 years ago '04        #488
space
space
yankees 2008 thread now up. please make some suggestions as to what we should do for this offseason.
 10 years ago '06        #489
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
Get Santana...you dont know what you go with Hughes/joba and Kennedy..
just my suggestion, but i could be wrong..
 10 years ago '04        #490
space
space
Easier said than done. I believe Santana's best years are behind him and he has peaked. He definately is not worth 5 cheap years a piece of Joba/Hughes. I'd rather wait and let those 2 develop into the young aces they'll eventually become then mortgage the future on Santana and on top of that pay him $25m/yr.
 10 years ago '04        #491
space
space
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Pettitte's coming back next year! Boston better do all they can do to get Santana cuz if we get him, it's a wrap! This would solve the Yankees 1st round woes.
 10 years ago '05        #492
X2jd2x 
space
space
NEW YORK -- The Yankees moved forward to bolster their bullpen on Sunday, reaching a preliminary agreement with reliever LaTroy Hawkins on a one-year, $3.75 million contract.

The deal was reported by the a.ssociated Press and is subject to Hawkins passing a physical. A baseball official familiar with the negotiations, speaking on the condition of anonymity, confirmed the transaction, which has not been officially announced.

The right-handed Hawkins, who turns 35 on Dec. 21, was 2-5 with a 3.42 ERA with the National League champion Colorado Rockies this past season. He is expected to fill the role of right-hander Luis Vizcaino, who declined the Yankees' offer of salary arbitration last week. Vizcaino, who is seeking a multiyear contract, is expected to sign elsewhere.

Hawkins will be joining his fifth Major League team, having spent nine seasons of his 13-year career with the Twins. The Twins and Rangers also had expressed interest.

A workhorse who has appeared in 60 games or more in eight straight seasons, Hawkins also has pitched for the Cubs, Giants and Orioles. During the 2007 season, Hawkins appeared in 62 games for the Rockies, allowing 52 hits in 55 1/3 innings. He walked 16 and struck out 29.

The Yankees have identified bolstering their bullpen as one of their main priorities in this period of the offseason, having already stepped up and stepped back in the hunt for Twins ace Johan Santana. New York soon will officially announce a three-year, $45 million agreement with closer Mariano Rivera, but much of the bridge leading up to the future Hall of Famer is unclear.

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has said he is not intrigued by repeated offers from other clubs to obtain setup man Kyle Farnsworth, who could slot back into his eighth-inning role that was filled in the season's final two months by rookie Joba Chamberlain.

Along with Farnsworth, Hawkins also could help set up for Rivera, a task that was met with varied results by Vizcaino, who was a large help some months and ineffective in others. Aside from those two veterans, the Yankees may have open auditions for bullpen roles in Spring Training, a competition venue that new manager Joe Girardi said he will embrace.
 10 years ago '05        #493
X2jd2x 
space
space
damn Hawkins used to be nice when he used to be with the Twins back in the early 2000's/late 90's, lately i think he has been straight garbage imo...hopefully he can give the Yanks strong innings while gettin to MO
 01-16-2008, 04:26 PM         #494
gallagdh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Joba might be comin out of the Pen now? got the guy on a pitch count.

man i am ready for this guy to be our ACE. i guess we don't want to k!ll him this year tho so probably a good move to limit him....
 10 years ago '04        #495
space
space
Congrats to Cashman and Hank for not trading our prized pitchers for Santana. We may not win it all next year but we are going to be set up for a long time with all our young arms ready to begin a new dynasty.
 10 years ago '04        #496
S-I-X 
space
space
$1,184 | Props total: 146 146
yeaaaaaah tied for first in the standings lets keep this going! (sarcasm)
 10 years ago '04        #497
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,969 | Props total: 4681 4681
We're the fu*k are all the fans at?
 04-04-2008, 05:39 PM         #498
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RoyceDa59 said:
We're the fu*k are all the fans at?
here...waiting to see how the first few weeks play out, plus this is last year's thread
 04-04-2008, 08:48 PM         #499
icedout921 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its only the 4th games
 10 years ago '06        #500
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,519 | Props total: 17975 17975
he gave up 6 runs and didn't even pitch the whole inning
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
199 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo Switch - Life in colour
7 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy