New York Yankees

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
234 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
248 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
58 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #401
rashad0715 76 heat pts76
space
space
$10,403 | Props total: 212 212
Henn loses another one.
 08-25-2007, 11:09 AM         #402
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Manny05 said:
Yes they did, but they look pretty healthy to me now..Im not taking away any credit from what the yankees have done. im just saying, in my eyes im not impress. i mean sure they did their job in beating up bad teams since the all star break (which you should), but i dont see them as a legit team with good enough pitching to win it all. I can see you get the WC, i just dont think you'll get the east, which i know you know that.
You can't credit the tigers for being injured now, and then NOT credit the yankees for being injured earlier in the year. It's the same sh*t, just a different time

I think they have enough to win it all, but it won't be easy, that's for sure. I think we both know the playoffs are a WHOLE other beast all together and anything can happen then. sh*t, look at the Cards from last year

Manny05 said:
Ranked 9th..thats not good, nor is it that bad..but considering the fact that they were struggling to score runs when you came in to face them and their pitching has been bad (other than sabathia and carmona) you have to consider the fact that they really arent that good of a team, atleast not until they get into a streak..
there's a huge difference between what you said in this post and what you said in your last post, which is "their offense just plain suck this year." As I said, 9th in baseball is FAR from "sucking"

Who said anything about the Indians pitching? I didn't.

Manny05 said:
a 4.86 ERA isnt that fine since the all star break..(well maybe about 1-2 weeks ago that was the ERA) idk about now since i havent checked lately..
so that doesnt impress me at all.

Clemens (hes been alright..), Mussina (garbage), wang (good pitcher..although he has a 4.48 ERA and his last 10 starts but surprisingly he's 7-2), pettite (has been solid) and a rookie doesnt scare me one bit..sure you have alot of experience, but i dont think its enough..

so i still think the yankees need to get their SP straight. i just dont think you have enough to win in the post season, not unless you get that bullpen straight aswell. i mean dam when Joba has a day off, it seems like the bullpen gives it up. and i know dam well yall are not gonna use him every game of the series in the playoff. so idk man, im very skeptical about the yanks in the playoffs.
Wang will be fine, he had that one REALLY bad start which ballooned his ERA.
Pettitte has been solid (better ERA than any all year starter on Boston except Beckett), Clemens is doing about what I expected (even though his ERA moves more than a quarter point every start), Mussina is trash (which I also expected), and with Hughes, you can't even tell because his stats are so fu*ked up because he's only pitched 32 innings, his ERA can fluctuate by almost a full point every game.

As I said before the key for the Yanks is the pen (for one thing we need to stop bringing in Sean Henn in the extra innings..2 of our losses this past week have been him giving up game winning hits in the 10th and 11th )

We are losing our close games and that's where we are getting hurt and it's because our pen is not deep enough and the players that are good have some stupid inning restriction on them, so we don't use them like we could. I will never understand Torre's bullpen management..he worked Scott Proctor into the damn ground, and then he won't keep Farnsworth in for more than 1 inning. Vizcaino hadn't pitched in 3 days, but he was limited to 1 inning last night...i will never understand that.

Either way, the yankees pitching is good enough to win most games and that is not the problem that would prevent them from winning a ring, it's the pen, too shallow and poorly managed
 10 years ago '06        #403
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
True ^ i agree 100%, nicely put.
Hmm, interesting enough bosox faces your top 3 starters, and the yanks face the sox top 3 starters this week.
Hmm, maybe we can use this game to further analyze our arguements. if they end up winning the series, then I can consider them a legit team, if they dont then ill stick with my original perspective.
 10 years ago '04        #404
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,967 | Props total: 4679 4679
Well another great performance by Wang. I was reading that if Mussina fu*ks up on Monday Ian Kennedy, Steven White or Kei Igawa (PLEASE GO NO!!!) are waiting in the wings to take his spot.
 10 years ago '04        #405
rashad0715 76 heat pts76
space
space
$10,403 | Props total: 212 212
 RoyceDa59 said:
Well another great performance by Wang. I was reading that if Mussina fu*ks up on Monday Ian Kennedy, Steven White or Kei Igawa (PLEASE GO NO!!!) are waiting in the wings to take his spot.
Knowing them they probably would pick Kei Igawa.
 10 years ago '06        #406
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
Who's steven white?
never heard of him..is he any good in the minors?
If i was the yanks, i would bring Ian Kennedy, heard alot of good things about this kid. give him a start or two and see how he performs.
 10 years ago '04        #407
space
space
Well now we're in a tough spot, if the Yanks lose tomorrow they fall back an even 8 games back but Mussina may lose his spot to Kennedy or White but if we win we're only 7 back and Moose is on the roster, it's tough. Well our chances of taking the East all depend on this coming series wth the Sox, if lose 2 of 3 then we're gonna have to settle for the wild card.
 10 years ago '04        #408
space
space
fu*k MIKE MUSSINA!!!!

Thank god he's out of the rotation now cause sh*t like that is not helping at all. Hopefully they terminate the second year on that contract and get him the fu*k out of NY.
 10 years ago '06        #409
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
^ i know how you feel.
Gagne gave up 3 games so i know exactly how you feel
 10 years ago '04        #410
space
space
Great Pitching put on by Pettitte and The Pen. Here's to Roger to keep it goin tomorrow :applause::applause::applause:

Last edited by RoyceDa59; 08-28-2007 at 11:03 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #411
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
yep ^ Joba was nasty though.
but like you all saw, hes hittable though.
We should win tonight with beckett on the mound.
 10 years ago '04        #412
space
space
fu*k KYLE FARNSWORTHLESS, I HOPE IN THE NEAR FUTURE THAT n*gga GETS HIT WITH HIS OWN 100 MPH FASTBALL RIGHT IN BETWEEN THE fu*kING EYES. :finger::finger:
 10 years ago '06        #413
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
dam..i was very surprise by how Clemens pitched last night.
great game
 10 years ago '07        #414
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
 RoyceDa59 said:
fu*k KYLE FARNSWORTHLESS, I HOPE IN THE NEAR FUTURE THAT n*gga GETS HIT WITH HIS OWN 100 MPH FASTBALL RIGHT IN BETWEEN THE fu*kING EYES. :finger::finger:
...don't u think thats a lil overboard man
 10 years ago '04        #415
space
space
Hell yeah, the Sox got Wang slapped today. Still a month to go.
 10 years ago '05        #416
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Gotta say, I figgered the Yanks would respond well to that 16-0 blowout. Same sh*t happened a couple years ago, Cleveland beat 'em 22-0 at home and that turned them around and they eventually held off the red hot Red Sox to take the division.
 10 years ago '04        #417
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239 OP
space
space
$55,722 | Props total: 13115 13115
these yankees don't play, the sox are the pussies now, taking 100mph heaters to the dome from proctor, chamberlain, and clemens hahaha!
 10 years ago '04        #418
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239 OP
space
space
$55,722 | Props total: 13115 13115
If we can't sweep the Rays after pwning the Sox I will be pissed.
 08-31-2007, 03:27 PM         #419
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Beckett is going to drill A-Rod in the head.. I hope he dies
 10 years ago '06        #420
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
please expect that next time they face NYY ^ lol
But great series. NYY's pitching really impressed me. dominated beyond expectations. i must say, you guys will be dangerous in the playoffs.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy