The Official 2007 / 2008 Boston Red Sox Thread

most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
170 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #781
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
Dustin Pedroia (R), Teixeira (S), Youkilis (R), Ortiz (L), Jason Bay (R), J.D. Drew (L).

wow. i would be pretty dam happy if we have that Starting lineup in 09
great defense and offense all around.
 10-26-2008, 08:16 AM         #782
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why wouldn't they pick up a big name pitcher? Wakefield and Byrd didn't bring us nowhere and we didn't win with this lineup so we need to improve it.
 9 years ago '06        #783
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
personally. our offense sucked..
so all we should aim for is getting a Big hitter..that can replace Manny. jason bay is just not enough...
Only individuals who i see that can fit the bill, is Mark teixeria or Matt Holliday.
it would take alot to get Matt so i dont think that will happen. but i dont see why sox shouldnt go after mark..i mean Lowell might be done next year.

and i think youk would be fine at 3rd.

also. a much healthier beckett is all we need in 09
Beckett
Lester
Daisuke
Byrd
Wake or Buccholz

thats not bad. but i wouldnt mind signing AJ burnett either to replace Byrd. if we do that, i think we would have the best SP in the majors.

Last edited by Manny05; 10-26-2008 at 10:52 PM..
 10-27-2008, 08:01 AM         #784
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Manny05 said:
personally. our offense sucked..
so all we should aim for is getting a Big hitter..that can replace Manny. jason bay is just not enough...
Only individuals who i see that can fit the bill, is Mark teixeria or Matt Holliday.
it would take alot to get Matt so i dont think that will happen. but i dont see why sox shouldnt go after mark..i mean Lowell might be done next year.

and i think youk would be fine at 3rd.

also. a much healthier beckett is all we need in 09
Beckett
Lester
Daisuke
Byrd
Wake or Buccholz

thats not bad. but i wouldnt mind signing AJ burnett either to replace Byrd. if we do that, i think we would have the best SP in the majors.
n*gga please, Bay STEPPED UP big time the bats were fire and because Ortiz had an off year and Lowell was hurt doesn't mean our offense sucks.

Look at who you listed, the best left hander in the game, Beckett who might be straight, Dice K, Byrd who is a 5 or 6 pitcher on a championship team like this, wake should and hopefully will retire, Francona should trade Bucholz for a 50 pack of gum.

Burnett, Peavy, CC, whoever. Texeira is cool and we are good fu*k "replacing Manny" (Pedro and Nomar were human too) he is already gone lets not talk about him ALL next year please he did enough here get over him.
 9 years ago '05        #785
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Negatory on Wake retiring. Reupped for at last one more year
 11-02-2008, 09:33 AM         #786
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BoSox84 said:
Negatory on Wake retiring. Reupped for at last one more year
Yea he needs to let it go, his knuckleball has almost no command anymore. Tampa pounded the fu*k out of him.
 9 years ago '06        #787
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
n*gga please, Bay STEPPED UP big time the bats were fire and because Ortiz had an off year and Lowell was hurt doesn't mean our offense sucks.

Look at who you listed, the best left hander in the game, Beckett who might be straight, Dice K, Byrd who is a 5 or 6 pitcher on a championship team like this, wake should and hopefully will retire, Francona should trade Bucholz for a 50 pack of gum.

Burnett, Peavy, CC, whoever. Texeira is cool and we are good fu*k "replacing Manny" (Pedro and Nomar were human too) he is already gone lets not talk about him ALL next year please he did enough here get over him.
dude...bay didnt do sh*t in the ALCS..neither did david ortiz besides that game we came back down 7-0...after that our offense dissapear....

and we all know when david gets on fire..they wont pitch to him and we dont have that legit #4 hitter..so why risk that? when we could just sign mark and solidify our offense for years to come.

also...beckett wasnt himself this year..not even close..so we dont know how he is going to pan out and daisuke is still not an ace..lester we already know hes an ace..and wake ?!? idk dude..

like i said, id be perfectly happy if we just sign mark or maybe a pitcher like burnett
 9 years ago '05        #788
BoSox84 
space
space
 Manny05 said:
dude...bay didnt do sh*t in the ALCS..neither did david ortiz besides that game we came back down 7-0...after that our offense dissapear....

and we all know when david gets on fire..they wont pitch to him and we dont have that legit #4 hitter..so why risk that? when we could just sign mark and solidify our offense for years to come.

also...beckett wasnt himself this year..not even close..so we dont know how he is going to pan out and daisuke is still not an ace..lester we already know hes an ace..and wake ?!? idk dude..

like i said, id be perfectly happy if we just sign mark or maybe a pitcher like burnett
7 for 24, 7 BBs, 2 R, 4 RBIs, 11 LOB. Those are Bay's stats for the ALCS. Not to mention the solid stats he put up in the ALDS. Bay was not the problem in the ALCS, our pitching was. It also didn't help that Ortiz didn't do anything until the end of game 5. The lack of offense goes more on the guys in front of Bay then Bay himself
 9 years ago '06        #789
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
idk dude, you should check when bay had those RBI in the ALCS
it could have been game 1 or 2 or something. i can barely remember if he did anything.

but my whole point is, we dont have that big presence in our lineup when manny was around. manny made the team better and we need that in our lineup.
 9 years ago '06        #790
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
it could have been game 1 or 2 or something. i can barely remember if he did anything.

but my whole point is, we dont have that big presence in our lineup when manny was around. manny made the team better and we need that in our lineup.
 9 years ago '05        #791
BoSox84 
space
space
A bulk of Bay's stats came in the first half of the series when it was him and Pedroia being the only ones getting it done :wink: But he was on base just about every game of the series

Last edited by BoSox84; 11-04-2008 at 09:59 AM..
 11-03-2008, 09:02 PM         #792
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BoSox84 said:
7 for 24, 7 BBs, 2 R, 4 RBIs, 11 LOB. Those are Bay's stats for the ALCS. Not to mention the solid stats he put up in the ALDS. Bay was not the problem in the ALCS, our pitching was. It also didn't help that Ortiz didn't do anything until the end of game 5. The lack of offense goes more on the guys in front of Bay then Bay himself
Exactly, Varitek, Timlin, Wakefield the list goes on. Old guys don't go far these days and the pitching was our weakest point.

My favorite pitcher Lester struggled, that alone diminished our chances we need pitching because Lester can't be the only strong point. Beckett could have another off year as well and who knows if Dice K was just fluking it.

IMO Beckett and Ortiz will have stronger years but Wake,Masterson,Timlin,Bucholz will all struggle if we keep them as our only hope behind the top 3 we will take another L UNLESS the bats catch fire a much harder chance to take.
 11-03-2008, 09:05 PM         #793
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Manny05 said:

We have better pitching and can only get even better. Some 20 win pitchers to a healthy lineup = 97-100+ wins for Boston.
 9 years ago '05        #794
BoSox84 
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
Exactly, Varitek, Timlin, Wakefield the list goes on. Old guys don't go far these days and the pitching was our weakest point.

My favorite pitcher Lester struggled, that alone diminished our chances we need pitching because Lester can't be the only strong point. Beckett could have another off year as well and who knows if Dice K was just fluking it.

IMO Beckett and Ortiz will have stronger years but Wake,Masterson,Timlin,Bucholz will all struggle if we keep them as our only hope behind the top 3 we will take another L UNLESS the bats catch fire a much harder chance to take.
I'm hoping that Dice-K will take the offseason to learn to trust his stuff and stop picking at the edges of the plate. He's got good stuff, and he showed that just about everytime he got himself into a jam (which seemed like every other inning). He's gotta see that when he's throwing lots of strikes, he's more likely to go 6,7,8 innings, even some complete games instead of throwing 100 pitches in 5 innings.

The problem with Beckett this season was that he was hurt almost as much as he was healthy, including down the stretch in September and in the playoffs. Game 6 against the Rays, he showed that he is indeed the playoff gamer we all knew he was because he STILL didn't have his velocity and he went out and kept us alive. If he's healthy this year and Lester can maintain his success from this year going into next (or even improve upon it) we could potentially have one of, if not the best 1-3 in the majors.

What I'd really like to see is Theo signing or trading for some late inning bullpen help so we can move Masterson back to the rotation, because at the very worst he's a good #4 guy
 11-04-2008, 10:08 AM         #795
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BoSox84 said:
I'm hoping that Dice-K will take the offseason to learn to trust his stuff and stop picking at the edges of the plate. He's got good stuff, and he showed that just about everytime he got himself into a jam (which seemed like every other inning). He's gotta see that when he's throwing lots of strikes, he's more likely to go 6,7,8 innings, even some complete games instead of throwing 100 pitches in 5 innings.

The problem with Beckett this season was that he was hurt almost as much as he was healthy, including down the stretch in September and in the playoffs. Game 6 against the Rays, he showed that he is indeed the playoff gamer we all knew he was because he STILL didn't have his velocity and he went out and kept us alive. If he's healthy this year and Lester can maintain his success from this year going into next (or even improve upon it) we could potentially have one of, if not the best 1-3 in the majors.

What I'd really like to see is Theo signing or trading for some late inning bullpen help so we can move Masterson back to the rotation, because at the very worst he's a good #4 guy
Make Dice the 4 guy and drop money on a solid 3rd pitcher behind Beckett and Lester, then grab a solid hitter like Tex and the rest is in the bullpen IMO.
 11-05-2008, 08:43 AM         #796
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We should grab Burnett he wouldn't mind playing for a ring in Boston and I wouldn't mind him stealing Wakefield's or anyones playing time but the top 3. Hell even Dice K, since he is the ball master and Burnett led the league in strikeouts

Everyone is naming NY first but all they need is Manny and they can sit their greedy a.ss down.
 9 years ago '06        #797
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
One baseball source, familiar with the Red Sox' thinking this offseason, said the club's "lust" factor is very strong for Mark Teixeira, who was on the Georgia Tech sideline with Sox catcher Jason Varitek for last night's ACC football game against Miami in Atlanta. "For a team that liked J.D. Drew, they absolutely love Teixeira," said the source. The Sox will not be publicly prioritizing their free agent wish list in the coming weeks. But as the winter meetings approach early next month, expect the buzz about Teixeira to only get louder. -- Boston Herald

this could be a good thing.
Maybe Tek is luring him into coming to boston. even though he is a FA..
 12-04-2008, 12:53 PM         #798
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tazawa announcement

The Red Sox will formally announce the signing of Japanese pitcher Junichi Tazawa during a 3 p.m. press conference this afternoon at Fenway Park.

The 22-year-old Tazawa reached an agreement with the Sox on a three-year contract worth roughly $3 million earlier this week. The pitcher, who has drawn some comparisons to former major leaguer Shigetoshi Hasegawa, elected to forgo a professional career in Japan so he could play in the United States.

Though Tazawa was pursued by several teams and offered more money by at least one --the Texas Rangers -- the pitcher is said to idolize Boston's Daisuke Matsuzaka and reportedly was interested in pitching only for the Sox.
 9 years ago '05        #799
BoSox84 
space
space
I've heard they might start him at Double A, which would be a good thing for both him and the Sox IMO. Dice-K had proven his worth on a worldwide stage (WBC in '05) and as far as I know, this young'n hasn't yet. Let him develop in the minor leagues where we've done a fairly good job of developing our young pitchers
 9 years ago '06        #800
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
you guys know rangers bid HIGHER than sox right?
why not send him there and get our catcher of the future?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
18 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
54 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
274 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy